CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #18 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps KB's mom knew that KB made cinamon rolls on Thursday morning per one of the phone conversations they had. If they were not wrapped up or put away then that would zero in on a Thursday timeline.
I'm a firm supporter of the power of a cinnamon roll and the reliability of it's testimony. But does LE have an equal amount of confidence in the dependability of the sweet roll?. Betcha someone else is talking! And I bet it ain't an apple pie!

I'm not sure where here mailbox would be if it came to the neighborhood. Ours is at Lake/Rampart Range rd. But we use PO box too (on hwy 67N)
Do you think packages would be delivered to the house or would they be held at the post office for pickup? It would not be surprising to me if she had started Christmas shopping online by mid November.

I just want to say I love it here. I get so teased by my kids for my interest (ok, obsession) with crime solving... and now I get teased for being on Websleuths:)
But I'm so happy I'm not the only one, and I'm in such good company!
All of this for KB and the B family.
Ditto for me! I really appreciate the experience the experts bring to the table here and also their willingness to teach us along the way without making us feel, well, stupid :) So thankful for their patience.

It could be a very long time before we see that kind of raw info in this case as we did in the Watts case. I think this has some twists and turns ahead and that it will go to trial. IMO

True, but my point remains the same. LE can't get away with hiding the date they started investigating a missing persons case (as was suggested by other posters I was replying to). Everything they investigate will be released as public info either at trial or after sentencing. Not to mention that there are so many people involved in an investigation of this size, I don't see how it would be possible to hide the date they started to investigate nor what purpose that could serve. If they didn't document their early investigation then they can't use anything they found out in court-- so those early days would be worthless. LE is allowed to lie to a suspect but there's just no reason to deceive the general public on something like that. JMO.

Nope I am scratching, why go through all that lugging, unsecuring, securing blah blah when you are only in the store for 20 minutes. Nah,,,I believe she drove there.
Agree. A cool day, things to get done- no way she walks to the store. I know lots of young parents use the carrier all the time (PF didn't), but I just can't see her lugging that heavy carrier almost a mile and a half to the store.

The solicitation to commit 1st degree murder charge.
I think I see what you mean. It wasn't an instantaneous act of murder, as in a crime of passion. But maybe he solicited her murder because she wasn't wanting to be his gf/lover, etc. I think he'd have enough money to pay child support so that wouldn't be it.
Is it generally thought that he was the one who actually killed her since no one else was arrested?
I'm just guessing about the motive.

I read nearly all 2000 pages and commented to my better half, "holy moly--I didn't know LE released this type of info". Is Colorado far more liberal than the rest of America--in these cases?

In Colorado it's released under a law called CORA:
Colorado Open Records Act (CORA)

On a national scale we also have the FOIA law: The Freedom of Information Act: U.S. Department of State - Freedom of Information Act

I have not followed too many court cases closely prior to the Chris Watts case and I'm not a Lawyer, but I get the impression that CO releases more detailed info than some other states. JMO.

When a relationship sours, it is common for one or the other to start up another relationship, or already be in another relationship. And they usually follow a pattern. PF apparently met Kelsey thru online dating. If PF wanted to start up another relationship, and use the same pattern, he would probably go to an online dating site where there are millions of women seeking a relationship. And it is easy to find someone your age with common interests (rodeo). IMO

In Colorado it's released under a law called CORA:
Colorado Open Records Act (CORA)

On a national scale we also have the FOIA law: The Freedom of Information Act: U.S. Department of State - Freedom of Information Act

I have not followed too many court cases closely prior to the Chris Watts case and I'm not a Lawyer, but I get the impression that CO releases more detailed info than some other states. JMO.
And in my humble opinion, there were so very many requests for records that they did the entire dump so that they could move on and appease the masses.

When a relationship sours, it is common for one or the other to start up another relationship, or already be in another relationship. And they usually follow a pattern. PF apparently met Kelsey thru online dating. If PF wanted to start up another relationship, and use the same pattern, he would probably go to an online dating site where there are millions of women seeking a relationship. And it is easy to find someone your age with common interests (rodeo). IMO
And it's easy to find someone who lives in the same state. Reaching out to someone in another state may have been a sign that PF did not want a serious relationship. IMO, he freaked when she decided to move there.

And in my humble opinion, there were so very many requests for records that they did the entire dump so that they could move on and appease the masses.
Yes, I don't think there is a record release and a public dissemination unless the media posts it. If you or I requested that information, it's unlikely we'd post it to the www.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member