CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #19 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooo, that would mean he'd have to take the body with him to Idaho, right?
It hard enough to unlock a phone with the finger of a recently deceased person.

Three days later would be impossible.

PF wasn’t hauling around a dead body just to unlock his victim’s cell phone.

He isn’t insane.

I hope she did. Because the man she moved all the way to Colorado for is a *******. I would be pleased to learn that she experienced some happiness with someone who treated her well before PF murdered her.
MOO
I would be pleased, too....but also wish she could tell us how she managed her time if she did indeed have a new interest. A long commute plus a toddler to raise equals no time (imo).

jmo

Actually I am not thinking of a dump. I don't even know if WP or Divide has its own dump as it might just be a transfer station so you put it there and it gets transferred to a regular dump.But I totally agree the needle in the haystack.
I do feel strongly that unless PF talks, which I seriously doubt he will, or if an accomplice talks the only other possible way of locating her is if one of the phones can give a clue as to her whereabouts. After that the only way I see her being located is somebody like a hiker, climber, backpacker or hunter stumbling upon her. Thinking logically I would think he would do what is most comfortable to him. He is obviously very comfortable around horses and riding them so my first guess would be he took a ride. He probably used a horse trailer to go less than 20 miles then took her out up to another 20 miles after that. Just speculation on my part as I think that would be the least risky and the most comfortable to him and very hard to locate a person doing that. The lazy way would be to just push the body of the side of a cliff on the road. Much of the road like CO 67, towards Cripple Creek has no shoulder so you can't stop in the road during the day as other cars would be coming and it is only a narrow 2 lane with no shoulder. But you could stop on the road at night long enough to do what you need to do then keep going. I am not talking about the places where there is a pullout on the side I am talking about the road when it is over 1000 feet straight down off the side of the road and there is no shoulder to pull over on. So if you stop there you are stopping in the actual lane of traffic. But I think he took a horse ride. MOO

BBM

I believe this is very possible.

The liquor stores in my part of Colorado are severely lacking ;) I can see why you'd be concerned if people started making that leap! I guess from the other side, I just wanted to point out even if she did regularly purchase an adult beverage, it doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme, at least not to me. It's hardly a motive for PF.

All MOO
I’m probably being too sensitive, but I don’t feel comfortable with allowing the narrative of her being a ‘drinker’ to be hatched solely out of one liquor store owner’s comment that she’s a regular customer.

Especially is she was abstinent.... which we also don’t know at this point...

Same here! I've never heard of a liquor store selling anything else but liquor! You would only go there to buy one thing. No gum or lottery tickets. Maybe in Colorado it's different.

• Liquor stores are prohibited from the sale of food items except those approved by the State Licensing Authority that are prepackaged, labeled, directly related to the consumption of liquor, and are sold in containers up to 16 ounces for the purpose of cocktail garnish.
Liquor Frequently Asked Questions | Department of Revenue – Enforcement

I don't know where everyone is getting she stopped at Paradise Spirits every day (not that it matters, imo). The owner simply said she was a frequent visitor and he knew her.

Agreed. Regular visitor =/= every day. There are plenty of places I frequent each week or month and know the workers/owners and would consider myself a regular, even though I am not stopping in each day. Not sure why this is such an issue. Either way, it has nothing to do with what happened IMO.

I can speculate all day on the status of their relationship, motives, what her plans were, where her mind was at, etc. but at the end of the day- I have no 'certains', except for one thing, I have no doubts that she was a sweet, good person who loved her daughter immensely and did nothing to deserve this. I'm reading along from time to time, hoping for some news for a break in the case, I feel so heartbroken for all involved. Praying for her family, praying for baby K to stay with Kelsey's family forever, and praying for justice to be served to the fullest for those involved. Good work here, lots of caring people.

I’m probably being too sensitive, but I don’t feel comfortable with allowing the narrative of her being a ‘drinker’ to be hatched solely out of one liquor store owner’s comment that she’s a regular customer.

Especially is she was abstinent.... which we also don’t know at this point...

Probably not being too sensitive, I could see people making it out to be something it's not. I think I was being defensive from the other side, that if it turned out she did occasionally buy an adult beverage that it shouldn't matter.

He would care because he would no longer have the upper hand. He couldn’t have his cake and eat it. Custody would be a major factor playing on his mind, but a change in the relationship dynamic could be the last straw. Even a perceived change, a mention of some nice guy she’d flown with, or a new friend she’d made that she wanted to have dinner with. JMO.
Agreed, he's a narc and couldn't control the situation whether or not she had another interest in her life. My feeling is, of the two, he was the one more likely to step out and he is the one that needed to have custody to solidify his control. The truth is, HE was the one that needed "supply", someone to boost his ego to put him back on his narcissist pedestal. KB didn't need that from anyone. She was already an established professional in her field, although I'm sure she longed for a loving, meaningful relationship, one that PF good never give her.

Probably not being too sensitive, I could see people making it out to be something it's not. I think I was being defensive from the other side, that if it turned out she did occasionally buy an adult beverage that it shouldn't matter.

No I don't think you are being to sensitive, we have no facts that neither KB or PF were drinkers or drug users.

Back to ‘Were they engaged/weren’t they engaged?’

The term ‘fiance’ may never have been used by either PF or KB.

Imagine. She moves to Co, she’s pregnant, she’s hoping for roses around the door and happy-ever-after. When she mentions getting a place together/marriage, he says sure, one day. Not right now. I have to wait till my mother’s knees are better/the price of cattle improves. Maybe next year.

Her folks have doubts about him, but she wants them to like him so she only mentions the good times and tells them they’ll probably get married next year. Her mother translates this as an engagement and starts using the term ‘fiancé ’ to folks back home.

Their relationship doesn’t appear to have been easy to define. He may have described her as his ‘girlfriend’ when it suited him, and the mother of his child when it didn’t.

My thoughts only.

No. That doesn't mean she drinks. Not close. I get gum and the occasional lotto ticket at liquor stores. Sometimes a bottle of water or nuts if I don't want to deal with the supermarket.

I wouldn't go to a liquor store for actual liquor typically because it's too expensive.

Looks like you can’t buy it elsewhere? State laws look restrictive imo.

• Liquor stores are prohibited from the sale of food items except those approved by the State Licensing Authority that are prepackaged, labeled, directly related to the consumption of liquor, and are sold in containers up to 16 ounces for the purpose of cocktail garnish.
Liquor Frequently Asked Questions | Department of Revenue – Enforcement
That looks official! I just tried to backtrack through all the articles I scanned (mostly from The Coloradoan) but can’t find the section about the 20% food limit rule. Maybe what the article I saw meant was that the 20% limit was for the cocktail garnishes (aka ‘food’?).... Certainly very different rules from here in CA, that’s for sure...

It hard enough to unlock a phone with the finger of a recently deceased person.

Three days later would be impossible.

PF wasn’t hauling around a dead body just to unlock his victim’s cell phone.

He isn’t insane.
I was trying to to be funny but I forgot my "smiley face." I really didn't think he did that :)

Yeah, it wouldn’t matter to me at all, but I could definitely see someone with an ax to grind trying to make hay out of it at KB’s expense...

When Kelsey first moved to CO did she live with PF and his mother? We know at some point she bought her own place, but did she live with them prior? ie I wonder if there were problems within the relationship because of him being, well, a mama's boy. The life of being involved with a mama's boy can be pretty disturbing imo.
I think that would depend on if he is a healthy mam's boy. My youngest brother is a mama's boy. He talks to our mother every day. He is absolutely the best husband that I have ever seen. As much as he loves our mother, his wife and children come first. I have four brothers, he s the only one I feel is a good husband.JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donna_Avery