CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #22 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t believe that PF’s attorney has seen the arrest warrant affidavit at all. If the judge orders that it be unsealed to the attorney tomorrow, even if she rejects the DA’s motion that he hide it from his client, that won’t change the fact that the lawyer is now behind the 8-ball and having to play catch-up in this case.

I think she was left with no choice but to delay a decision, what with the DA claiming that people’s lives were at risk. So she was forced to err on the side of caution. The concern is that it won’t be possible to cure the harm already done. Read closely what the legal experts said in the Denver Post article about violation of the 14th amendment and due process. They know more about the law than you or I do, too.
I believe that in the hearing on Monday where PF was present, the Judge
ordered that the arrest warrant be given to PF's attorney but the atty was not allowed to share it with PF. You can see it in the pool camera video shot in a later point in the hearing.

A perfect world for those who choose to be on the side of the Bs over the Ps, based largely on a bias against the family of the accused from what I can tell.

Why are the Bs more entitled to raise K than the Fs? The Fs are just as closely related to the baby. If Kelsey had died in a car accident, would it be okay to pick the B’s to raise K just because of the very non-Legal rationale of “well, they lost their daughter; let’s let them have the grand-daughter.” Like K is some kind of consolation prize.

I’m glad that the judge will have more information on which to base a decision on custody. Important stuff like providing for K financially and emotionally, which we posters have very little insight into.

Jmo
Dollars to donuts PK murdered his daughters Mother.

The last person in the world to have any contact with baby K is the person who raised her mother’s murderer. Jmo

Am assuming that first in line, is first paid? Sorry, not meaning to make light of this! So, whomever provides a valid lead as to her whereabouts, and is first in doing that, gets the reward?

How sad this all is. :-( I hope whomever provides info., is doing it for the right reasons.
I think it is split.

Custody hearing continued until everyone is privy to discovery in the criminal case.

The baby stays with the Berreth family, for the time being.

Legal custody is continued with the Teller County Dept. of Human Services. Again, next hearing set for Feb. 7 at 8:30 a.m. #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth @KOAA

Sam Kraemer on Twitter

“There isn't a lot new here. Frazee's sister (the daughter's aunt) was present with Frazee's mom in court today. They're waiting for discovery in the criminal case before proceeding further with the custody case. Court continues temp. physical custody w/ Berreth's mom.”
Nothing about anyone else intervening that I see like we were hearing earlier today.

Custody hearing continued until everyone is privy to discovery in the criminal case.

Legal custody is continued with the Teller County Dept. of Human Services. Again, next hearing set for Feb. 7 at 8:30 a.m. #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth @KOAA

Sam Kraemer on Twitter

“There isn't a lot new here. Frazee's sister (the daughter's aunt) was present with Frazee's mom in court today. They're waiting for discovery in the criminal case before proceeding further with the custody case. Court continues temp. physical custody w/ Berreth's mom.”
They would need to see if there is any evidence that puts suspicion on PF's mother.

Sam Kraemer on Twitter

Interesting. Now I really can’t wait for discovery.

A perfect world for those who choose to be on the side of the Bs over the Ps, based largely on a bias against the family of the accused from what I can tell.

Why are the Bs more entitled to raise K than the Fs? The Fs are just as closely related to the baby. If Kelsey had died in a car accident, would it be okay to pick the B’s to raise K just because of the very non-Legal rationale of “well, they lost their daughter; let’s let them have the grand-daughter.” Like K is some kind of consolation prize.

I’m glad that the judge will have more information on which to base a decision on custody. Important stuff like providing for K financially and emotionally, which we posters have very little insight into.

I am totally basing my wish that the B's get custody, on bias against the F family. 100%.

The only thing is, based on what I've seen in family law and in these murder cases, I don't think my bias is unwarranted.

I hope the F's lose. I don't think they should raise any more kids when there us another, seemingly stable family who know the baby and are available.

Last edited:
But she didn't die in a car crash... their son, whom they raised, is accused of murdering her and withheld the baby from her family when they did have her. Not saying that they are to blame for their sons decisions but IMO there is a lot that needs to be determined before ruling that they are fit to raise another child

Idk if there is a “right” decision in EVERY custody case.
I expect many may be rather difficult for the Judge to rule on. In essence, is a Judge not saying “Jane Doe is better than John Doe ”, after ruling in Jane’s favor? Surely, in some cases, the evidence against one petitioner is blatantly obvious & not so obvious in other cases. In some, I’d expect it to be a grueling decision, cuz NO ONE is perfect or without fault.
Right now, based on what we know, if P killed K for custody of their daughter, it backfired. Even if his mom is awarded custody, P is out of the picture, if he’s in prison.
Sure, he can offer input, etc., but he’s sure not going to be in physical custody.
.......it’s going to be real interesting to see how this plays out. It looks like we’re in for a “long ride”, IMO.

Interesting. Now I really can’t wait for discovery.
The thing that we are closest to seeing, is that arrest affidavit.

It will shed more light on this case than all the information we have thus far, combined.

As long as it isn’t overly redacted, we will learn a lot.

Hopefully it is unsealed tomorrow.

Sam Kraemer on Twitter

Whoa. That's interesting. That suggest to me there's an inkling that family could be involved in the criminal case.

And the longer the Berreths retain custody the harder it will be to change that.

Sam Kraemer on Twitter

Smart judge waiting until they know more about PF family involvement, if any.

Jmo
Dollars to donuts PK murdered his daughters Mother.

The last person in the world to have any contact with baby K is the person who raised her mother’s murderer. Jmo

And can you imagine, when the baby is old enough to know what happened, realizing that you are still with the family of the person who killed your mom? I think that would be really traumatic.

Sam Kraemer on Twitter

It says "they're waiting for discover in the criminal case..." I'm assuming "they" is the court?

I am totally basing my wish that the B's get custody, on buas against the F family. 100%.

The only thing is, based on what I've seen in family law and in these murder cases, I don't think my bias is unwarranted.

I hope the F's lose. I don't think they should raise any more kids when there us another, seemingly stable family who know the baby and are available.
Would the time the baby spends in temporary physical custody with KB’s family have any effect on permanent custody? Wondering if the longer she is with them the better in a sense?

Am assuming that first in line, is first paid? Sorry, not meaning to make light of this! So, whomever provides a valid lead as to her whereabouts, and is first in doing that, gets the reward?

How sad this all is. :-( I hope whomever provides info., is doing it for the right reasons.

Per DM, friends of IN seem to know quite a bit of info about her relationship with P. I wonder, did a “friend” in Idaho contact CO LE and drop a “hint” & that is what led LE to the nurse? Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jazz1391