CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #24 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
To expand on this, it’s 18 years of trying to compromise with someone you couldn’t get along with well enough to remain a couple.

For someone who is controlling at best, which is the vibe I get from PF, the thought of not being able to be the sole decision maker would be infuriating.
Agree, and PF does seem to have a massive case of "you're not the boss of me" syndrome...

whewwww! I am finally caught up. `I am hoping LE has spent a lot of time going over the many cameras in town, at stop lights, at businesses, on the high school or aquatic center, on the brown storage unit across from the high school, on the Ute Pass Cultural Center, on the Dinosaur Resource Center, on the outside of the library, etc. for KB's vehicles, PF vehicle(s), and KK vehicle(s). I bet watching footage (if it was even saved for 10 days) takes a lot of time.

Agree, and PF does seem to have a massive case of "you're not the boss of me" syndrome...

Yes! Little K probably felt like “property” to him.

Imagine having to clear his plans with KB in regards to his own property.

I’m not entirely onboard with this as his motive but I certainly wouldn’t rule it out.

We were talking about co-parenting as motivation. I just don’t see him being significantly more free to parent by killing her. It’s not enough change to justify that risk.

Co-parenting requires cooperation and communication and PF appears to be incapable. I think his biggest motive by far is greed. PF wants the Social Security income K will receive until she's 18. It won't surprise me if he took out a hefty life insurance policy on Kelsey and that's why her parents filed the wrongful death lawsuit: to prevent him from collecting. JMO

I think it might be more than just custody. He must have really hated her pretty immensely to do all that we have learned. IMO custody wouldn't create that much hate. MOO

And yet every work day she handed BabyK off to him and drove 90 minutes to her work, then returned to pick her up and keep her for the night.

Did her family ever suggest moving away with Baby K?

KB still felt she had to maintain Baby K's contact with PF.

I will be very interested to hear if she was venting to anyone at work or with her family about this situation.

Reports: Twin Falls nurse suspected of disposing missing Colorado woman's cellphone
ABC's Clayton Sandell reported that the Twin Falls woman has known Frazee for years and that the two worked together for a time in Colorado.

'Killer fiance' Patrick Frazee and missing mom Kelsey Berreth broke-up a YEAR before her murder | Daily Mail Online
One of the the people DailyMail.com spoke with also said that the nurse was in Colorado around Thanksgiving.
Thank you- I completely forgot about Clayton Sandell's comment about them working together in Colorado. Yet, reading the articles, I don't see that she had family in Colorado that she was visiting?

From the second article, it again confirms she was in Colorado for Thanksgiving:

One of the the people DailyMail.com spoke with also said that the nurse was in Colorado around Thanksgiving.

Yet, I still haven't found anything to say that she was visiting family in Colorado, or was originally from Colorado and still had family there. Just that they both worked together in Colorado. It appears the work they did together was possibly at the rodeo?

Yes! Little K probably felt like “property” to him.

Imagine having to clear his plans with KB in regards to his own property.

I’m not entirely onboard with this as his motive but I certainly wouldn’t rule it out.
Agree, it all seems so literally senseless that it's hard for me to make sense of....

Can you explain this more? I mean, to me, how does his life get better by killing her? As things stood he seemed to have the baby most of the time already. I assume he was paying at least his share of the expenses of K. He wasn’t living with KB.

So if he kills her, what changes?

Obviously his life didn't really get better by killing her. As we can see.

But in his criminal mind, it would seem to him it would be total 'parental freedom.'

If you are in love with your partner, and you live together and are bringing up your child TOGETHER, every day, it is still hard, at times, to agree. So many issues and decisions...

But if you are done with each other and not getting along, these issues get magnified.....Especially for someone like PF, who thinks of his animals as possessions, and is pretty rough with them.

What religion, IF ANY, will your child be raised in?

Sugar and white flour, or not? Meat or no meat?

Should we give timeouts? Spankings? Or shall we allow the child a wide berth?

Holiday schedules? Who gets the child on Christmas and birthdays?

Schooling? Should the child stay home with Grandma F or should she start preschool soon?

PF was probably sick of discussing and arguing about these issues. He probably couldn't stand thinking about 18 more years, at a minimum, of this kind of drama.

Besides all of the above, He didn't know what KB's future plans were. Maybe she would meet someone else and marry. He wouldn't want another man to live with HIS baby girl, IMO.

Or maybe she would find a good attorney and come up with a good justification to get court's permission to move further away.

Co-Parenting is a pain in the butt when you do not get along with your partner and don't see eye to eye.

Last edited:
Reports: Twin Falls nurse suspected of disposing missing Colorado woman's cellphone
ABC's Clayton Sandell reported that the Twin Falls woman has known Frazee for years and that the two worked together for a time in Colorado.

'Killer fiance' Patrick Frazee and missing mom Kelsey Berreth broke-up a YEAR before her murder | Daily Mail Online
But neither of those news stories mentions whether or not IN has relatives near where PF lives let alone Colorado. Naturally, we can't sleuth that on the thread anyway.

IMO, PF not participating in any kind of news conference, or plea to find her, was the one smart thing he did. Perhaps he learned from CW, who was creepy as hell in his initial plea for his wife and kids, that he couldn’t pull off looking distressed or concerned. I think it is such a national news story because it’s in the same state as CW
Plus she has family In Wa, and Id.

yes, she shares a wall with one neighbor. No, I haven't noticed any increased police activity in my daily activities. Also, no talk of search parties in nearby areas, like there was for Kevin Rudniki and Micah Lambert. In the case of Micah, they found her car at the trailhead and then closed the road so nobody could enter while they searched the area (about a week) , they had a flashing sign stating the road was closed as well as the trailhead. so I find it strange there hasnt been any effort to search for her body, anywhere.
Well, they don't have any idea where to look. She could be anywhere in CO or may even have been dumped outside of the state. With Micah and Kevin they had an idea of where to search. And even with that, it took months to find Kevin.

To expound your point even further- all classes of people murder. All classes of people are accomplices. It doesn't matter if you are a male, female, upper or lower class, a maintenance worker or a doctor- people murder for love. People murder for money. People murder for hatred or to get rid of a "problem" in their life or relationships- such as a wife, child, etc.

It's amazing seeing folks thinking this nurse, because she is sssoooooooo intelligent, might not be involved, because she is also a Mommy, and oh no, she just wouldn't do that! Maybe she is not involved in harming Kelsey, maybe she has a reasonable explanation for disposing the phone (I doubt that very much, sorry), but to me, it's an insult to those who aren't as educated or have such a prestigious job (in some folks eyes here)- it's an insult to insinuate that a certain kind of person just wouldn't do that because what- they're above the rest because of higher education and job? That's what this sounds like to me, sorry. The shock and horror of an educated nurse and Mommy being involved in something evil has me scratching my head- have we not all been on here and other sites long enough to know that intelligence and job descriptions don't mean a damn thing when it comes to murder?

I work in white collar crime investigating and auditing MDs,PhDs, every level of professional you can imagine. Crime is crime. Motive is motive. The profile and motivations are the same. Same mistakes...same clues. This is my twenty-nineth year. You are so right.

It would be a huge change.

Have you ever attempted to co-parent? Shared/missed holidays. Scheduling vacations only during your allotted time or trying to compromise with your ex? Differences in parenting styles- one believes in spanking, the other would never spank. Paying child support for 18 years.

The list goes on and on.
You are straying from their specific situation and talking about general co-parenting. PK wasn’t paying child support. Their child was 1 so I doubt spanking had come up. As far as holidays, he had the baby so much already, it’s hard to imagine him having a problem with handing her off to KB here and there. And the guy was apparently carrying on an affair with someone 700 miles away. Seems like he would be glad to have breaks from the baby.

As far as KB's schedule and daycare. I honestly see no reason for daycare since the father is right there and the grandma to help. She had quite a commute each day. Seriously, I would do the same thing if I was in her shoes. I don't think she had any inclination that he was a danger to their daughter or her for that matter. Obviously, if she did, I would hope she would have made other arrangements. MOO

You are straying from their specific situation and talking about general co-parenting. PK wasn’t paying child support. Their child was 1 so I doubt spanking had come up. As far as holidays, he had the baby so much already, it’s hard to imagine him having a problem with handing her off to KB here and there. And the guy was apparently carrying on an affair with someone 700 miles away. Seems like he would be glad to have breaks from the baby.

I don’t really consider it to be straying from their current situation to think ahead. I don’t think PF is especially smart but surely he’s capable of imagining the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnceAgain