Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the PC if I heard correctly S Fitz said “no” as to if JP was out looking for Jayme when pulled over. I took this to mean he was bailing, as in getting out of Dodge?
Could be, but if he knew she had escaped I don't think he would have pulled over for the deputy. I wonder if he had left the house for some errand. Jayme saw her chance and escaped. He was just returning to the house when the deputy found him. He didn't yet know his prisoner had escaped.

Not sure how many of you guys followed AH’s case, but there were times she did things trying to get the word out, the letter...(Sorry have a headache can barely post)—

This case seems similar in many ways to AH and Nate Kibby, minus the double homicide. For those not familiar, worth a look for comparative purposes, I suspect I will be referring to that case as more details come out, moo. Actually, I mentioned her a few times previously.

JP worked with Jayme's parents briefly as per the Associated Press article.
Perhaps they took him home for a meal - speculation by me.

The Latest: Suspect worked with teen's parents for a day

From the above article:
"Steve Lykken, president of the Jennie-O Turkey Store in Barron, issued a statement Friday saying 21-year-old Jake Patterson was hired one day but quit the next, explaining that he was moving away from the area".

Could this be how JP had initial contact with the Jayme Closs's parents?

I bet he was holed up these three months...and if he had to see family, he went to them. Maybe he kept Jayme restrained at first...then got lazy. I got the impression he was running an errand and she took her chance. So he may not have known she was gone until he was pulled over.

Could be, but if he knew she had escaped I don't think he would have pulled over for the deputy. I wonder if he had left the house for some errand. Jayme saw her chance and escaped. He was just returning to the house when the deputy found him. He didn't yet know his prisoner had escaped.

That would make sense!

From the above article:
"Steve Lykken, president of the Jennie-O Turkey Store in Barron, issued a statement Friday saying 21-year-old Jake Patterson was hired one day but quit the next, explaining that he was moving away from the area".

Could this be how JP had initial contact with the Jayme Closs's parents?

Wow, now there’s something not mentioned in the PC...I wonder when that was?

The Latest: Cabin's ownership changed days after abduction

Dad transferred cabin’s ownership to a credit union on 10/23. I used to work for a credit union, in the collections department. Mind you this was nearly 20 years ago, so some things could have changed. But, I do have some questions.

Normally someone signing over the deed is a way to avoid the legal costs of foreclosure. The financial institution is about to foreclose, the owner knows they can’t make the payments and they sign over the deed. Why? Because all legal fees involved in a foreclosure are charged to the owner. As soon as the home is sold, all fees are paid first, the balance of the proceeds are applied to the mortgage. If there is a balance left on the loan, the owner is still responsible for paying this amount. The financial organization could file suit and garnish wages and/or bank accounts. If the property sells for more than what is owed, the excess is given to the individual.

After a home is legally foreclosed or a deed in lieu of foreclosure is signed, the financial institution inspects the property. They need to know what they have, what repairs it may require, an updated value, etc. Also, at this time, they would do what was needed to secure the house while it sat vacant, including doing any necessary winterizing for the plumbing, etc.

With all that in mind... How JTP hide his existence at this residence from the credit union? Was his family not questioning where he was staying? LE asked people to check their cabins. Did both JTP’s dad and the credit union ignore these requests?

<modsnip: unsubstantiated allegation>
And don't they usually hire a property management company to do the general up-keep like mow the lawn etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
depending on the lighting conditions she may not have even known how much time had passed. with no window it would be hard to keep track if one even had their mind together enough to have kept track.

The Latest: Cabin's ownership changed days after abduction

Dad transferred cabin’s ownership to a credit union on 10/23. I used to work for a credit union, in the collections department. Mind you this was nearly 20 years ago, so some things could have changed. But, I do have some questions.

Normally someone signing over the deed is a way to avoid the legal costs of foreclosure. The financial institution is about to foreclose, the owner knows they can’t make the payments and they sign over the deed. Why? Because all legal fees involved in a foreclosure are charged to the owner. As soon as the home is sold, all fees are paid first, the balance of the proceeds are applied to the mortgage. If there is a balance left on the loan, the owner is still responsible for paying this amount. The financial organization could file suit and garnish wages and/or bank accounts. If the property sells for more than what is owed, the excess is given to the individual.

After a home is legally foreclosed or a deed in lieu of foreclosure is signed, the financial institution inspects the property. They need to know what they have, what repairs it may require, an updated value, etc. Also, at this time, they would do what was needed to secure the house while it sat vacant, including doing any necessary winterizing for the plumbing, etc.

With all that in mind... How JTP hide his existence at this residence from the credit union? Was his family not questioning where he was staying? LE asked people to check their cabins. Did both JTP’s dad and the credit union ignore these requests?

Just curious and wondering if LE could have found JC sooner had due diligence, by all, been done.

I wondered the same thing. And hasn't it been posted that the house was on the market (just recently taken off)? How could that be? Did the credit union take possession of it and put it on the market without ever looking at it and seeing that someone lived there? Was JTP basically squatting in an empty, abandoned house? This guy really lucked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard