Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you think he should have to pay for all of his crimes though? I do. I think it is worse to not charge him with everything he *might* have done. He should have to be held accountable for all of it and it will come in to play because....motive.

Yes, motive for sure. And when people do that crime to children...they should not get shielded from it. Society should know. What if he escapes from prison? Or gets some crazy pardon down the line?

No, I don't think that is why he killed her parents. If he was watching to catch her alone, he probably could have grabbed her at the bus stop or broken into the house when she was alone, or at least when James wasn't there. He killed them to terrorize Jayme. MOO.
He may have also killed them as part of the thrill. We often hear criminals describe what an amazing feeling it gives them. They feel powerful and "godlike." Its an intense adrenaline rush. In fact this is what often drives serial killers to kill. Jmo

They may have developed an accurate profile, but that’s by no means a sure thing.

There isn’t a lot of precedent for this type of thing, so it’s difficult to draw comparisons.

Even with an accurate profile, there would be many people who would fit the description.

And obviously, it didn’t help capture him.

Jayme did that on her own.

Absolutely, and amazing. She outsmarted him and waited a very long time to make her move. You are right.

I still wonder for when cases like this happen in the future, what can be learned.

I know with the Groene case, which seems to be a parallel repeatedly brought up, if JP did have a juvenile record (which would be closed unless for some reason the prosecutor finds it relevant). Groene did- he had a long history of problems, back to his teen age years.

It make some sense Jake Patterson was a troubled youth. I know sometimes families may decide the best recourse is a structured environment for their troubled kid, like the military. Don’t know at all in this case, but bouncing off some ideas. If he went in to the military at 18, if he did his time like he should, when we he be expected to be finished (at a minimum)?

I wonder who was paying the bills such as electric, heat etc if JP did not work.
Then you have taxes and insurance which of course the father would pay if they planned on keeping it as a summer home. But someone unemployed could not have been paying the other month to month things.

Wondered this also, and what they did 24/7. If no heat/no cable... he wasn’t getting her clothes or shower ...bizarre..

It’s almost like he’s mentally checked out, pulled this off and thought very little through to an end point...

I guess that fits the pattern, Elizabeth smart walking around with crazy man, Cleveland guy adding to his home of victims...

Goodness… Please don’t take this the wrong way! I don’t think people realize what a high traffic application Discord is. Literally every child in my life uses it and uses it constantly, I’m talking 24 seven. All I’m saying is that it is one of the easiest ways for strangers to become involved in a young person’s life. It doesn’t mean that they ever interacted with a stranger (tho almost inevitably they do), nor that Jayme used it. But I will just about guarantee you that many children in her life use it; I’m not saying it absolutely relates to Jake, but it should be considered until we know more. If nothing else, keep it in mind for future investigations. We’re all on the same team here, and I am grateful for your observations!
My post wasn't in response to yours, but I appreciate it.

Right. That’s what I meant. There wouldn’t be utilities
If the utilities were never switched out of the owners name they could be paid - wonder if there are any utility liens recorded? Otherwise he’s using buckets candles and who knows what else when you don’t have lights running water power etc

He could have been eligible for Social Security benefits, would be interesting to know.
Possibly, I came across many 18-21 year olds in my career who had been receiving SSI and didn't even know why. They just knew their Mom or someone had signed them up for some when young (had no idea what the disability even was) and they still get checks. I had always thought disability cases got reviewed now and then.

Gordon wi is almost quaint bygone era cabins right ... I’m guessing if you want restaurant or anything at all u go to Duluth or Barron .... and maybe perp just drove by closs home quite a bit...

I can’t believe you’d raise kids in Gordon wi...600 people is small ... and not enough for schooling... did he commute to school..
that’s just odd place to raise family...not odd to have getaway place odd to raise family there
I was raised in a community of 600. It gave me a massive imagination and I have a lot of wonderful childhood memories that my city friends are envious of. I also got a good education, went to college on a partial scholarship, and did not have to pay a dime for my masters, either. I lived in a big city for a while, and then came back when I was in my 40s to settle in an unincorporated township of 300 people 5 miles from my home town. Don't knock it til you've tried it.

I doubt it. He seems to be a predatory loner/deviant but I don't see the Prosecutor ever adding sexual assault charges. They don't need them and it would spare Jayme reliving the emotional trauma of 88 days. The coward should man up and take a plea deal so there is no trial at all.

JMO
The Sheriff said more charges will be made on Monday. I don't think they will leave out an assault charge if that happened. I do think he is allowing Jayme time to transition before going into the ugly details. Hope I am wrong, we will find out Monday.

Absolutely, and amazing. She outsmarted him and waited a very long time to make her move. You are right.

I still wonder for when cases like this happen in the future, what can be learned.

I know with the Groene case, which seems to be a parallel repeatedly brought up, if JP did have a juvenile record (which would be closed unless for some reason the prosecutor finds it relevant). Groene did- he had a long history of problems, back to his teen age years.

It make some sense Jake Patterson was a troubled youth. I know sometimes families may decide the best recourse is a structured environment for their troubled kid, like the military. Don’t know at all in this case, but bouncing off some ideas. If he went in to the military at 18, if he did his time like he should, when we he be expected to be finished (at a minimum)?
My reference point is the Marines, and that’s a minimum of 4 years.

He just wreaks of “failure to adapt.” I just can’t believe he made it any length of time, let alone an entire enlistment (if he served).

ETA: I just googled it, and 2 years is apparently a possibility. To be clear, we have no evidence of military service.

Last edited:
A lot of folks don’t think he did this alone. I do. It is totally a one person crime, like other similar ones. Not sure what others are thinking is so odd.

I guess he probably did. What is striking a wrong chord with me he is was having people over to the cabin while hiding Jayme. Did no one catch on? It’s so strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeAM