Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think unless a plea deal is on the table and accepted this case will go to Trial.

I don’t know what they’d plea down to..
I’ve always thought most of what he’s doing is to gloat or seek insanity defense...

If he’s playing monopoly by himself while jayme is locked under his bed... I would be fine with insanity if there was 0 chance he ever leaves the facility... or is outside bars...
Most his actions seem insane... talking about pool of blood like it’s spit juice....

Military 4 weeks
2 jobs in lasted only day

Clearly most people thought insane..wasn’t just 30 min late to work ...so we know why 2 jobs were terminated?

I would say ring camera woulda stopped him... but I’m not sure if there were 10 cameras he’d not do this...

He says he tried this twice before worried about being caught... I still think he had to do recon or was in house before... ring cams or security cams are cheap now and covered by insurance... if he’s 6 ft doughy guy in Wisconsin that would be hard to narrow down ... especially no record...

Do y’all honestly believe 0 recon, o google search, 0 anything...

Just spot jayme ... that’s it?

Just spot Jayme... that's it?
++++++++++++++++

Yes that's all it took.

Just like that's all it took for other predators.

He did say he cased out the place more than once.

But Jayme was his target from the moment he first saw her.

Imo

I’ve read countless places that “The Gift of Fear” is a wonderful book that anyone/everyone should read. I think it’s about trusting your gut instincts. I’ve yet to read it myself. Has anyone read it? I know it couldn’t have helped Jayme’s nightmare, but if it somehow helped identify these creeps, maybe her ordeal wouldn’t have had a chance to be carried out. Idk. jmo
I read it twice! Then gave it to a good friend and asked her to pass it along .
Wow.
It was an eye opener for me!
Moo

What kind of Plea deal can they offer? One life sentence instead of two? The States attorney stated after the arraignment yesterday that there is no indication that this wont go to trial. The attorney's for JP have stated that they have defended cases with much more evidence and have had the case thrown out/dismissed.
If no plea deal can be offered then it will go to Trial then is my understanding of how these cases go legally.

I am the neighborhood mom who is most always home, so I ALWAYS make sure that all the kids who get off the bus get home safely. I have had to keep an extra kid or two at my house because their parents were stuck in traffic or whatever, but oh my gosh, I'd never forgive myself if something happened. I know the driver appreciates not having to return a 1st grader back to the school if mom isn't at the stop on time, and all of the parents in our small neighborhood have given permission to the driver to release the kids to any of us. I did not know the info about pedophiles and bus stops, but now that I do, I will be even more vigilant.

Delete OT I am sending pm

I keep seeing it posted that there doesn't seem to be "red flags" with this guy but in the tiny bit of information we know about him there is already a red flag with his 1 and 2 day employments and lack of employment - which tells me he may have issues with impulse control, irresponsibility, and/or difficulty with relationships. All three of those are signs/characteristics of a "sociopath" (Anti-Social Personality Disorder) as well as other various mental health disorders. Again we have the tiniest tip of the iceberg information on this guy so I can only imagine there are dozens of other "red flags" that could have clued his family and friends in about possible mental health/sociopathic issues.

* I am by no means saying that any adult who can't hold down a job is going to murder and kidnap people; however if I had a family or friend that would work for 1 or 2 days and quit and struggled with maintaining any regular employment I would for sure be looking closer at their other behaviors as this is a huge indicator for mental health concerns not being addressed as well as drugs/alcohol abuse. These mental health concerns can be anything from depression, anxiety, PTSD to more extreme issues like personalty disorders. I sure as heck would pay extra attention if any family or friend struggling with this had access to firearms. If we spent more time educating and ensuring plenty of resources and support for mental health individuals like him might not slip by unnoticed until its too late.
I agree w/ you.
There were many, many red flags that were overlooked by
numerous people who had been in his life. IMO.
His parents, first off, probably knew about his many dysfunctional characteristics. But we don't know his parents
and maybe they 'excused' them or covered them up or ignored
them. My guess is the parents just didn't care enough to get
their son on the right path. So many parents think that once
the child turns 18 or so, the parent no longer feels responsible
for them.
As for the schools, first, High School kids are usually too young
or inexperienced in life to really see red flags. If he caused
no disturbances in school, teachers won't see them either.
Military record- Huge red flag here. Again nobody bothered
to take this seriously.
Most of the serious crime perps we can study, all had some red flags but no one took notice or cared to intervene. And most
definitely came from dysfunctional families.
moo.

I don’t think ring, or other cameras would have stopped him.

I do think he had “planned out” a scenario/fantasy beforehand, possibly had been “playing” & refining it in his mind for sometime (years?), then yes, bam, saw JC, “that’s the one” & went for her.

IMO, the only help Ring would have been in this situation would be to give us a pic/video of the suspect and possibly then aid in identification. Possibly, we could have been sure that he took Jayme alive, if the camera was still functioning during their departure.

I just dont understand why the details of the only car the police encountered on the way to the Closs house were never revealed? Instead details of 2 completely unrelated cars were released. The police stated that it was the ONLY car that hey saw en route to the crime scene responding to the 911 call. I think i read somewhere on here that they got a pretty good look at the car and said that it was an older red, maybe a ford taurus car with something black in the middle of the back bumper? Can anyone confirm that and explain why that info was never released?
You read correctly. Don't know why this wasn't released

This is such an incredibly fast-moving thread! @Rallibella posted the link on page 4 and here we are on page 35!

On a fast-moving high-profile case, I always subscribed to the media thread which has no discussion. Most often, somebody has all the relevant information without having to go through media interpretation if we have a 911 call that has been posted. Here is the media thread for this case that has no discussion that might be good to subscribe to if you have not yet.

WI - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron,Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*

ETA and when following a high-profile case, I really like it when folks bump a key Media Link or something that folks will want to see that they may have missed versus going back 20 pages and trying to find something. A lot of people apologize for reposting, but I appreciate it very much.

On my bus duty days I often wished every child getting on the bus leaving school would have some adult in charge to see them safely the rest of the way to their homes as they got off the bus.

Dear Noharg,

Thank you for sharing your valuable insight and experience with us, concerning the vulnerability of the youngsters you see on a daily basis.

I don't have the experience that you do - in seeing young ones leave the bus, observing some of them make their way home alone - so I appreciate your words!

How I can relate to your observations is that, once in awhile, when I am driving down a street and I see a child walking alone, whose backpack is almost as tall as they are, I find it concerning.

Who doesn't feel a tinge of concern, knowing what we know? Or at least notice?

Thank you again for your message of care and compassion for the children.

Greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
I think LE withheld the info about the red car because they were afraid he would kill JC. I think maybe they were going to release the info about the car at the news conference that was scheduled but I think it was probably a good think they didn't release it because it gave JP a false sense of security. He thought he had got away with it in two weeks. I think maybe the FBI profiler said this guy has all ready killed because he didn't want to leave any witnesses and if he(JP) thought they were closing in he would not hesitate to kill JC. I think LE did all they could with the information they had.

IMO

You never know what you would do until the situation actually happens. But when I was listening to the call that lasted 30 minutes, after 10 I was screaming at my phone and cursing saying get there get there get there because I knew the call lasted 30 minutes and couldn't figure out why it was taking so long. I do understand now looking back, but I can't imagine myself being on the phone for 30 minutes and not starting to get more emotional and aggressive with the dispatcher. Kudos to her!

Ha, I know what you mean :)

You can tell from the chatter (starting about 4 minutes in) that there's a big response. I liked the dispatcher's reply of "don't worry, I have plenty of deputies on the way". I imagine nearly every non-engaged deputy who heard the call responded.

At one point you can hear two responders discussing their progress and that one is caught up in some sort of traffic. Near the end you hear one of the (nearly)onscene deputies ask dispatch to remind another deputy to "not come in hot".

Just spot Jayme... that's it?
++++++++++++++++

Yes that's all it took.

Just like that's all it took for other predators.

He did say he cased out the place more than once.

But Jayme was his target from the moment he first saw her.

Imo

I do think that "cased out the place should be used loosely" IMO based on the little evidence that has been release, I think it may be likely that the previous attempts were no more than driving by really slow. I'm sure we will find out more as the case persists and maybe he was actually hiding in the bushes.

As if this wasn’t a horrific murder kidnapping case as it is, can you imagine if there had been more children in the home?

This cold heartless JTP would have slaughtered them all to achieve what he wanted. Thank heavens this was a one child family!

I keep seeing it posted that there doesn't seem to be "red flags" with this guy but in the tiny bit of information we know about him there is already a red flag with his 1 and 2 day employments and lack of employment - which tells me he may have issues with impulse control, irresponsibility, and/or difficulty with relationships. All three of those are signs/characteristics of a "sociopath" (Anti-Social Personality Disorder) as well as other various mental health disorders. Again we have the tiniest tip of the iceberg information on this guy so I can only imagine there are dozens of other "red flags" that could have clued his family and friends in about possible mental health/sociopathic issues.

* I am by no means saying that any adult who can't hold down a job is going to murder and kidnap people; however if I had a family or friend that would work for 1 or 2 days and quit and struggled with maintaining any regular employment I would for sure be looking closer at their other behaviors as this is a huge indicator for mental health concerns not being addressed as well as drugs/alcohol abuse. These mental health concerns can be anything from depression, anxiety, PTSD to more extreme issues like personalty disorders. I sure as heck would pay extra attention if any family or friend struggling with this had access to firearms. If we spent more time educating and ensuring plenty of resources and support for mental health individuals like him might not slip by unnoticed until its too late.

Even if someone in your family expresses some characteristics of mental illness, what do you suggest they should do? There is no help for uninsured people in the US. He tried to get into the military, he likely is not disabled enough to file for SSI. If a 21 year old family member can't hold down a job and seems "off" - there is almost nothing you can do. You can't even legally take their firearms. They have done nothing wrong - yet. The only thing you can do is wait for them to break the law so you can get the police involved. That's it.

I agree w/ you.
There were many, many red flags that were overlooked by
numerous people who had been in his life. IMO.
His parents, first off, probably knew about his many dysfunctional characteristics. But we don't know his parents
and maybe they 'excused' them or covered them up or ignored
them. My guess is the parents just didn't care enough to get
their son on the right path. So many parents think that once
the child turns 18 or so, the parent no longer feels responsible
for them.
As for the schools, first, High School kids are usually too young
or inexperienced in life to really see red flags. If he caused
no disturbances in school, teachers won't see them either.
Military record- Huge red flag here. Again nobody bothered
to take this seriously.
Most of the serious crime perps we can study, all had some red flags but no one took notice or cared to intervene. And most
definitely came from dysfunctional families.
moo.
But who would have access to all the facets of this person's life, all of the good facts you have outlined above except perhaps parents. But they weren't together for their own reasons and it is my opinion (mother of three young men) that parents are often the last to really recognize that accumulation of facts as something serious and even if they did there really isn't much help out there especially after the age of 18.

I tend to agree with this. I'd rather have police officers focused on helping people. Vehicle license plate/registration issues are pretty low on the list of things police officers should worry about IMO. Obviously it would have made a difference in this case, but that's not the norm.
I don’t think people have an issue with LE not stopping the red car en route to the crime scene as they didn’t know beforehand what they were heading into, but rather them not mentioning a red Taurus with its complete description, as stated by the LE who initially recalled seeing it, along with the other cars of interest.

Last edited:
I think LE withheld the info about the red car because they were afraid he would kill JC. I think maybe they were going to release the info about the car at the news conference that was scheduled but I think it was probably a good think they didn't release it because it gave JP a false sense of security. He thought he had got away with it in two weeks. I think maybe the FBI profiler said this guy has all ready killed because he didn't want to leave any witnesses and if he(JP) thought they were closing in he would not hesitate to kill JC. I think LE did all they could with the information they had.

IMO
I agree, I believe they had a reason not to disclose the car info. It has nothing to do with incompetence or bad police work. We don't know everything so I myself will not say anything negative regarding LE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SLEUTHER TRAE PGH