Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you!
That is really scary to me!
Apply for a job when you are hiding a victim.
And the job was at night?
What we're his plans for Jayme? That is just frightening!!
Were his shifts at Jenny-O and the cheese factory at night too?

The sheriff seemed surprised that taking JC was the motive for this crime. I don’t know, but it seemed rather obvious to me. Had a safe been opened and a pile of cash taken, we’d figure that’s what the intruder was after. Or if a supply of powerful pain-killers was missing from the cabinet, we’d figure the intruder came for the drugs. Seems rather obvious that if JC was the only thing missing that she was what the intruder came for. :-\
We had a lot of debate about that on here. I felt the same way, she was the motive.

I can see the flip side though, an attack motivated by vengeance.

If that was the case, Jayme would have been kidnapped, and quickly murdered.

It’s an unusual scenario, but so is what this turned out to be.

Social awareness is gradient, playing polite in public allowed local citizens to rest assured they were in no danger therefore LE's admonitions to watch closer went unheeded. We sit on a mountain of red flags and the culture in which these were normalized speaks to an inability to deal with aberrant individuals (neighbors claims of patterson's stealing gas, having company over at all times, loud music, possible car vandalism & roadkill, etc)

Post #641:
"Agree that isolation works to JTP's advantage of illusion and image control.
To my mind this is a major lesson that the public ought understand activity up to an incident as being suspicious as well.

Hardly BCSD's fault that the signs they shared for public to watch for were a well established pattern 'before' JC's kidnapping, would have taken marginal effort for anyone who knew JTP to ask themselves whether these things applied to anyone they knew. They accepted these signs as 'normal', therefore discounted the homicides & kidnapping in the world in general."
"

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/16/us/jake-patterson-profile-wisconsin.html

Reading all of this, why would anyone come away wondering about willful ignorance? Here, have a guess:

“In a little town where everyone knows everyone’s business, how could we not know that’s who he was?” said Shawn Germann, a FedEx driver, during a stop at The Buckhorn Bar and Grill in Gordon. “You always see these other towns, and think, ‘Thank God I don’t live in a town like that.’ Now, evidently, I do.”

The resident quoted is the source of JTP 'did odd jobs':

"Ron Kofal, a lifelong Gordon resident who lives about a mile from the cabin where Jayme was held, said he met Mr. Patterson at the ICO gas station on Highway 53. He said Mr. Patterson, whom he described as “clean cut and shy,” sometimes performed odd jobs around town, like yard work and cabin maintenance, and had seemed pleasant in his interactions with him."
I knew I had read that statement by Mr. Kofal.:eek:

I understand that, but in the mind of a 13 year old girl and her 13 year old friends - with everyone looking at you and knowing - she will feel shame.

Not necessarily. It seems that young people today are learning things much differently than we did. She may well understand that there's no shame in her part. Could go either way really.

I think he is loving telling everyone how clever he was. (As an aside, I imagine the experts who questioned him played that up.) I don't really think he is a suicide risk while he still has the glory of the trial in front of him. Sounds like he is perfectly happy to sit in solitary and stare at the wall too. It's probably after the trial, when he doesn't get to be special any more, that he will be a suicide risk. But maybe not... There may still be reporters or authors interested in talking to him.
Most ASPD violent offenders are suicidal at some point after capture and incarceration starts.
In a nutshell, the suicide statements we have as anecdotes to the thoughts which are prominent in the suicidal ideation are:
I HAVE TO BE OUT THERE KILLING AGAIN AND HUNTING MY NEXT PREY.

I CAN'T LET THEM WIN BECAUSE THEY ARE STUPID AND I AM A GENIUS. ( although their thought would not be " prey" but much cruder towards potential victims)

NO ONE IS GOING TO TELL ME WHAT TO DO, SO I'LL SHOW THEM BY ELIMINATING MYSELF.

Fitzgerald does not have a good answer, IMO. I’m guessing that once they obtained statements from JP and JC, they had an UH-OH! moment. Suddenly, they realized they had in their possession that night a fairly detailed description of the Taurus — and did nothing with it. Just admit it, would be my advice. Everyone makes mistakes. :\
I know hindsight is 20/20, but I really do think that seeing that car should have risen LE's suspicions enough to check it out and send out a public alert, after seeing the horrible murder scene at the house afterwards a short distance away.
If I had to guess, they are doing just some news, a FB site, etc. because people want to help and they do not want to be rude after having support from the community and well meaning strangers world wide, they also needed the media when word needed to be put out to find her. It has to be hard though with media camped out most likely and friends and well meaning strangers wanting to help.

I want to understand this crime as much as anyone and am guilty for looking for news but right now I really wish the media would leave them and Jayme alone. When you had an evil man(?) break into your home, I can't imagine what it is like to have people possibly driving by or who knows, Radar News probably has people stalking to get photos. I would be scared of everything from the delivery man to particularly someone camped on my lawn or nearby, especially at night.

He’s an unusual case. His brain was absolutely destroyed by drugs and football (mostly football).

I wouldn’t use him as a comparison to anyone else, simply because of those two things.
Self Delete a bit OT

Last edited:
If you’d like to send a card of encouragement/hope to Jayme, here’s the addy. (I know she won’t be able to read every card, but she will see the amount of them and from all the different states and countries, to know we’ve NEVER given up hope that she’d get back home safe.)

Light the Way Home for Jayme
PO Box 539
Rice Lake, WI

Not necessarily. It seems that young people today are learning things much differently than we did. She may well understand that there's no shame in her part. Could go either way really.[/QUOTE
Kid are more liberal in their thinking about certain things.

We had a lot of debate about that on here. I felt the same way, she was the motive.

I can see the flip side though, an attack motivated by vengeance.

If that was the case, Jayme would have been kidnapped, and quickly murdered.

It’s an unusual scenario, but so is what this turned out to be.
But, they didn't know she hadn't been murdered.

This is what JP put on that application the day he was arrested.

"Listed under skills, Patterson wrote, "I'm an honest hardworking guy. Not much work experience, but I show up to work and am a quick learner."

Closs case suspect applied for liquor store job the day of teen's escape

It was stated he did this in order to be close to grandfather...?? Correct??

Liquor store makes 0 sense... it’s human interaction all day... unless he wants to talk to people about jayme all day don’t get this...
Maybe steal 2 cases of liquor and quit day 2.
still think he did recon or looked at aftermath of his crimes online...

Look at moms computer/ grandpa computer search history

He knows importance of wiping down dna on bullets... posting job on indeed.. and didn’t research clossess or his crimes impact.. I still say he’s got electronic trail hidden somewhere...what computer game was he playing... that should tell u something.

IMO - I am not seeing anything other then taken to a hospital - but I remember seeing an article about her being in a police car driven by a female officer ? Let me look

EMS is not allowed into a scene until it is secure. When LE arrived at the K's house, the bad guy was still on the loose. It was not safe for EMS to enter the perimeter.
The officers on the scene decided that the safest course of action for all involved was to remove JLC immediately. She rode with a female officer, with a male officer following. The third officer stayed in the home guarding the K family & JN.
When they passed JTP on the way out, the female officer with JLC kept going while the male officer following turned and followed JTP.
I don't recall seeing whether the officer delivered JLC to EMS waiting at the perimeter, or proceded to take her directly to the hospital.

I knew I had read that statement by Mr. Kofal.:eek:

It's incredibly heartbreaking to see how this has ripped their community apart.

However.

They all just really need to get it together and face the facts. There was a demon in their midst, who'd duped them all into accepting deviance as 'just another one of us', and the sooner everyone starts putting together the pieces that 'didn't add up' (i.e. reporting incidents & dates) the better chance of a solid prosecution.

It very much matters sorting out why JTP went out of his way to evade his address, whether break ins or unexplained tampering of property was occurring, Wisconsin children mentioning strange activities coming & going from school.

Were his shifts at Jenny-O and the cheese factory at night too?

Given that JTP applied online, we might consider this evidence against claims he wasn't a 'netizen'.

"Officials with Saratoga Liquor Co. in Superior said Thursday that they received an online job application from Patterson around midday on Jan. 10.
According to the application supplied to the Associated Press by the company, Patterson was trying to land a night position at the company’s warehouse. Company officials said they wouldn’t have hired him due to his lack of experience, the AP reported."

Jake Patterson, suspect in Closs case, was discharged early from Marines because of character issues

Last edited:
I hope there are professionals such as LE/FBI who review all incoming mail, letters, pkgs prior to them reaching Jaymes family. Anything even remotely less than supportive or positive needs to be destroyed. Anything from the perps family needs to be preserved in a secure location for the future should Jayme ever get to a point she needs it to heal. Any weird nonsense needs to be thoroughly investigated.

I did send the package to the P.O. Box. I would never try to sleuth out their address & send it somewhere inappropriate. And I do help out friends in need all the time, as well as volunteer, donate clothing & other needed items to local charities, etc. I didn’t send her something because of the popularity of this case, I sent it because this girl has lost almost everything important in her life & if a few gifts can bring a smile to her face then it’s 100% worth it. I also plan to continue to support her even after the “newness” of this case wears off. She’s essentially alone in this world, so if I can help a bit for future expenses, like adding to a college account for her, then I will.

I sent everything anonymously, so it’s not like I’m trying to contact her or have her thank me or anything crazy like that. I just thought she could use a smile & to know she has a lot of people on her side. If that’s crossing the line to you then I’m not sure what to tell you.

Every thoughtful gift given in this world makes it a better world. I can see Jayme having her little girlfriends over to open the packages and everyone sharing in the bounty. I picture the many pretty cards stuck all over the walls of her room in her aunt's house. I have a granddaughter about her age and little gifts bring great delight. Keep doing what you do and don't let anyone diminish the importance of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500