MO - Off-duty officer (Katlyn Alix) shot dead by on-duty officer (Nathaniel Hendren), Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM:

I am not going to jump to worst-case scenarios without knowing all the facts. JMO.

Again, we have time to let the investigation run its course.

I do not doubt that the detectives will be thorough. JMO.
Oh, I agree.

I’m just saying that I’m incredibly suspicious at this point, and I fear that enough damage has already been done, that we may never get to the truth.

Suspicion is not proof, but I am incredibly suspicious.

My feeling is that it is far more likely that something more criminal happened, than an accident involving two willing participants.

I just want a thorough investigation.

Some interesting info in this article. Was it possible NH had to come up with the RRR theory to explain the presence of gunshot residue on his own hands? I'm hoping they tested everyone, including the victim, for GSR.

Also, why do some LE, when a fellow officer is critically injured, try to drive them to a hospital themselves instead of calling EMS? Seems if someone has been shot, it might be better to have EMS arrive with the necessary equipment to control bleeding, give fluids, give CPR, etc. What is standard protocol?
In some cases they can get them to the hospital sooner than EMS could get to the scene, especially since they have lights & siren & could run hot.

Oh, I agree.

I’m just saying that I’m incredibly suspicious at this point, and I fear that enough damage has already been done, that we may never get to the truth.

Suspicion is not proof, but I am incredibly suspicious.

My feeling is that it is far more likely that something more criminal happened, than an accident involving two willing participants.

I just want a thorough investigation.

BBM:

Feelings aren't Facts.

There will be a thorough investigation. IMO.

Last edited:
I was trying to match up on google maps the house with published pics of the house. I can't find the exact address other than 700 block Dover Pl. Interesting that this house is blurred out. 748 Dover Pl. I hope the link works.
Google Maps

ETA: It is 0.8 miles from the closest fire station/ems to the blurred out house.

Last edited:
I can only say I wouldn't be hanging around if there was a game of Russian Roulette of any kind going on.
Nor I.

Here’s the thing though. These were police officers allegedly playing this game. One of them was on duty.

How the hell does this third officer just walk away, and let it happen?

I don't know. I've wondered what action he could/should have taken to stop it.

I understand what you're saying, but.....

But.

I'm not LE. These guys go out and risk their lives every day. They have to trust their partners with said lives.
I would imagine that's a strong bond. There's a reason they call it a Brotherhood.

I remind myself frequently that unless I've walked in the shoes, I can't judge the steps.

JMO.

I understand what you're saying, but.....

But.

I'm not LE. These guys go out and risk their lives every day. They have to trust their partners with said lives.
I would imagine that's a strong bond. There's a reason they call it a Brotherhood.

I remind myself frequently that unless I've walked in the shoes, I can't judge the steps.

JMO.

“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away and you have their shoes.”

Haaaaaaaa. (Author unknown.)

“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away and you have their shoes.”

Haaaaaaaa. (Author unknown.)

Em, that's uncanny! There's no way you could have known this, but I actually had that quote up on my personal FB profile forever!

It's a quote from "Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey. SNL. I love it!

Last edited:
May I just point out that I appreciate the posters on this thread? It's been a very respectful discussion about some extremely difficult circumstances, and even though there are differing opinions we have remained friendly and open-minded.

I also appreciate that the mods have allowed us a bit of leeway in our discussion. It's a case that doesn't really fit within the typical here, and they've been generous in allowing our discussion as we try to make sense of something that's not really sensible. If that makes sense. (ha)

Anyway - kudos and cookies all around!!

Peace,
Flute

BBM: @Falcon500 could speak directly to this question as our VE/LEO on this thread, I believe. Falcon, did they follow standard protocol/procedure by driving her to the hospital themselves, or no? Thanks in advance for your help w/ this question. Your willingness to field questions is much appreciated!

I’ve said this before and I understand that members can’t read every single post. Generally there is no standard protocol for anything. Police officers are hired with the understanding that they can think on their feet and are not robots. During the hiring process those who can’t make quick decisions are weeded out. An example was the number of people who thought that the kidnapping car in the Jayme case in Wisconsin should have been stopped just because it was headed the other way after a hang up 911 call. Had that question been asked in an interview a lot of prospective officers would have had a strike against them.

Back in my early patrol days I rushed at least two people to the hospital in the police cruiser. One involved a family that had driven a ten year old boy who had fallen into a gasoline-fed trash fire. They flagged me down in a busy intersection and I had two choices, of course the father dumped the boy in the front seat and I drove 100 mph to a hospital that they never would have found.

So yes, I would approve of their decision to drive the officer to the hospital. Had they put her on the flooor and performed CPR I’d have been fine with that also.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member