CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #38 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was random thinking earlier...wouldn't it be nice to have a place where there's room for privacy (not like in towns or cities). For some reason it made me think of pf and his being SO discontent with his life that he felt he needed to murder someone and he had all that 35 acres. Hope he's enjoying his new closer proximity to others, and minus the scenery.

BBM
That statement makes me want to rip his face off.
AND, how utterly ironic, given what everyone knows about him today: That HE is the one that HAS 'issues' that would warrant him NEVER getting full custody of their baby. His mother either it would appear!
Gotta love that.

OMG I totally missed that statement. PF is truly the lowest of the low. What a scummy jerk he is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am wondering if it would be helpful for the Berreths if our awesome sleuthers help to gather evidence by scouring social media in search of posts from PFs sister and/or PFs "friends" where disparaging remarks were made about KB? The more documents they have the better. We could probably track down and document (screen shots) more info than the family's attorney. We could start a new thread for this purpose where we could upload our screen shots and then hand it off to the Berreths. What are your thoughts, suggestions, pros/cons?
I think the Berreths knew about those comments on SM before we did! They very likely already have the evidence. Imo

I think the Berreths knew about those comments on SM before we did! They very likely already have the evidence. Imo
I sooooo agree, CB's hinky meter was high just as soon as she couldn't get ahold of KB after TG. Since we know she talked to KB twice on TG morning, you know she expected to talk to her probably the next day about the recipe and stuff.

She was reaching out to everyone she knew and on SM as well I bet. She was concerned early on to much more of an extent that what we've known until this revised WD suit and will know after Tuesday I hope.

Because this is PF we are talking about, if he tells someone he is in Westcliffe, I would automatically assume that he is lying and is not in Westcliffe. That is just my opinion based on his truthfulness to date.

I am a little surprised how much talking PF supposedly did before counsel told him to not say anything. I do not understand if he was just saying whatever came into his head at any particular time, or if he was always deliberately trying to mislead CB and DB. I think if I had been PF (a tough thing to imagine, but I try) I would have been saying less.

What is completely magnificent (in the worst way) is CB was able to get these exact statements (and I hope they are recorded) that forensically give so much insight into this liar's thinking. It is as though he and Scott Peterson are twins. I hope an expert on statement analysis is used. I still think the core issue is his lack of control over KB. I am glad the child survived.
Yes... and I'm so glad Baby K survived, too. The babies cutest stages are ages 1-4 so hoping the B's can find joy in their pain with all the cute things baby K will inevitably say and do. You just have to smile at them. The pic i saw yesterday of Baby K and grandma is such a good pic! Gotta find it to post again to remind us of what to be thankful in this horrible situation.

I've been away working today did I miss something? I thought PF has more than 2 counts against him. Did he have some charges dropped?
I haven’t read anything to that effect, and I highly doubt the media wouldn’t report it.

My guess is that’s simply how the charges were entered originally.

I am a little surprised how much talking PF supposedly did before counsel told him to not say anything. I do not understand if he was just saying whatever came into his head at any particular time, or if he was always deliberately trying to mislead CB and DB. I think if I had been PF (a tough thing to imagine, but I try) I would have been saying less.
I think he was bad-mouthing her long before the murder. He was probably telling Kelsey one thing while telling others a very different story.
Setting himself up, in a way. I'm sure he needed to feel justified, and would need the support of his family and friends in the future.
He needed to make it look like Kelsey was a bad mother, had "issues," and was irresponsible so it would be believable that she just ran off. Imo

A silencer would not diminish the blood. Who knows, we will get the opinion of law-enforcement at the trial. Nearly everything right now is pure speculation.

I realize that a silencer doesn’t diminish blood. I only mentioned silencer because others were thinking someone would’ve heard a gun.

Yes, everyone is speculating but to charge someone with murder without a body you need some proof of a death such as a large amount of blood, brain matter, etc.. this is why my opinion is a gun was used. MOO

I realize that a silencer doesn’t diminish blood. I only mentioned silencer because others were thinking someone would’ve heard a gun.

Yes, everyone is speculating but to charge someone with murder without a body you need some proof of a death such as a large amount of blood, brain matter, etc.. this is why my opinion is a gun was used. MOO
You’d also have forensic evidence if he used a blunt instrument to bludgeon her, or something like a knife.

Blood doesn’t mean gun.

Additionally, a “silencer” or “suppressor” doesn’t make a gun silent, far from it.

It’s less audible, but make no mistake, you can still hear it.

The statute is clear. I am not confused - that is exactly what designated beneficiary means in the wrongful death statute, a designated beneficiary under the 2009 Act. The term designated beneficiary in this purpose has nothing to do with wills, trusts, etc., and there is nothing to supersede because there is no DBA at least as far as CB and DB.

Basics Of Wrongful Death In Colorado | Legal Issues (no connection to this firm)
Right to lawsuit

In Colorado, the right to file a wrongful death lawsuit is controlled by statute. The statute limits the class of persons that may file the lawsuit and recover damages.

Under Colorado law, only the surviving spouse may file the lawsuit within the first year after the decedent's death. However, the decedent's heirs may join the spouse in the lawsuit, if the spouse gives written consent. If there is no surviving spouse, the heirs may file the lawsuit. The decedent's parents have the right to bring the lawsuit, if there is no surviving spouse or heirs. During the second year after the decedent's death, both the decedent's heirs and spouse have a right to file the lawsuit.

the "Designated Beneficiary Act of 2009" is another kettle of fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Horusthetortoise