Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #8 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I'm guessing though if you were going to that second one from the park, you'd go straight down Beresford, quicker and safer?

Could the cyclist have got there, bought something, and got back in 10 minutes?
Resident cyclist @Strontium69 (not nagging, hope you're recovering ok!) and other cyclists, what do you reckon?

The second one would be lit streets all the way - down Beresford then onto Beverley Road which is what I meant by safer.

I'm not a cyclist though so can't answer whether or not it could be done

I've done a couple of screenshots
The first is a petrol station on Stoneferry Road (says it's 24 hours). The circled area is the CCTV location

The second is a 24 hour petrol station further down Beverley Road. Much safer to get to I would say if desperate for something (Wellesley Ave area at the top of the image)

Somebody told me Mecca Bingo is open 24 hours. All of these people in the footage would have gone past it.

Hard to imagine shopping at that hour but I don’t live in a city so feel some what out of the loop of 24 hour living.
It doesn’t look like an area you’d just bike but it’s also most likely a really simple explanation.

Nothing would surprise me as far as nipping to get some milk, ciggies or booze. I used to live in a very dodgy part of my town and a surprising amount of people used to ring a taxi to go get them stuff from the local 24 hour garage!

The other aspect of those 4 people being out that night is it was probably the coldest night of the winter as it got down to like -5.

Somebody told me Mecca Bingo is open 24 hours. All of these people in the footage would have gone past it.

Midnight it closes according to Google? Locals might know better, though.

Looking at running man again, he's going at quite a lick, not the usual steady runner's jog. That's a long stride, particularly given the icy conditions underfoot.

Question is, does he slow at the junction for safety because he's exited the pedestrian only stretch and is now on road?

Or because he's doing fartlek (slow-fast interval training)?

Or... because he's emerged into a more public area, know he might be seen, and wants to appear normal?

I take it no-one's thinking this could be smoking guy, or PR? He does look heavier and bigger, and the clothes are wrong.
The running guy looks to like he’s very keen to get out of the area but slows down when he feels safe. His glance backwards looks nervous too.

Nothing would surprise me as far as nipping to get some milk, ciggies or booze. I used to live in a very dodgy part of my town and a surprising amount of people used to ring a taxi to go get them stuff from the local 24 hour garage!

The other aspect of those 4 people being out that night is it was probably the coldest night of the winter as it got down to like -5.

Midnight it closes according to Google? Locals might know better, though.
Good Morning :)

Mecca Bingo on Clough Road is 24hrs at least 6 days pw (maybe not Sunday)

Only for the bandits/slots not for Bingo. ( last session of bingo is the 5 late linked games and is finished by 9.45pm )

Lol

Gnight again

(Ps. If this is another precursor to talking about Houses , im off for good )

Bingo - it's where people who win go.
I think a shop run is more likely!

Shush you, go to bed! :p
Pps

There used to be a Burger King with drivethrough just over Clough Road Bridge on the big roundabout . Not sure if still there or if 24hrs

It confusing because the policy is confused.

It doesn't make a great deal of sense.

Example:

Someone on Twitter, Facegram, Instabook etc posts a theory, point of view or opinion of their own. You are not allowed to refer to it or repeat it.
VERBOTEN

Someone on here posts a theory, point of view or opinion of their own, no matter how crazy and without any evidence for their crackpot theory.
Fill your boots.

WUNDERBAR

Hope it makes sense to someone because it make no sense to me.

Lemme give it a whirl. We should review Harmony 2' s posts on page one, the Rules, and etc., especially Rules - Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.
But the reason we don't allow Social Media as sources is simple. We can't trust Social Media members because they cannot be verified. Anymore than SteleHead, here can be verified. But I MUST BACK UP my information with verifiable sources which can be verified.

MSM and Law Enforcement have a History, Verified background, Reputation, and etc. As well as it is.

We simply disallow Social Media for discussion - period. Such discussion is for Social Media. The reason is that it is rumor and nothing more as far as verification goes. It can't be backed up. As to SM people posting an opinion or theory - who are they? At least on WS, Steleheart, even though he is anonymous, has a history - posts, timeouts - getting regulated, banned, etc. If he posts an opinion it is usually backed up by reason and peer review.

If Steleheart posts a theory at least he is required to say it is a theory. Same with opinion. That is not so on SM. They can say anything. Who ever got timed out on Facebook for stating a false fact?++

And then the bottom line is if you want Sleuthing - we are here.

I truly enjoy tossing around ideas, thoughts and etc. I actually do that on SM.

Why not.

I would further suggest if anyone needs a break from WS Just do that before being tempted to Bash it. If anyone has questions as to why, just alert, message Admin or email websleuthscomments@gmail.com.

Many of us appreciate this environment :)

Last edited:
Pps

There used to be a Burger King with drivethrough just over Clough Road Bridge on the big roundabout . Not sure if still there or if 24hrs

From a google search Burger King shows as open until 9pm. A user has suggested it's open until midnight but definately doesn't look as though it is open 24 hours

I wonder why they are still looking for any info up till 2.30am ? Do they know the "suspect" drove out of the area of the park around 2.30 to 3am ? They make it clear in their new statement he is still being investigated

What I find strange about the seeking witnesses is the timeframe:

They're looking for people who passed Oak Road from 1.13am to 2.34am on Friday 1 February, the night Libby went missing.

Why this time? Why not from the time she left the bench on Beverley Road until the time PW arrived home?

Or at 12.30am - when the witnesses heard the screams?

Maybe they checked the CCTV and nobody passed at those times, but it seems people are using Oak Road at night, more than I thought they would.

Folks the threads are not a chat room. Keep on topic. If you want to have a discussion with a member take it to your inbox/conversation area. This thread is about Libby and only Libby.

Local rumor is not allowed. Comments from facebook are not allowed to be referenced or discussed. If you want to discuss that type of information you can take it to the inbox area and have a private conversation with other members.

It appears to me that you have run out of items to discuss in the case?

Would any shops be open?
Seems awfully late though to be ‘popping’ out though.
I’ve never realised I needed milk or whatever that late.
But, nothing is open where I live past 10pm, and that’s only 1 shop.

I live near 2 24 hour asdas both within 5 miles of me, and 4 petrol stations all of which I can grab a late night packet of *advertiser censored*. I also work night shift so am up a lot through the night. I would look right suspicious I shop a lot overnight when it's quiet. The police actually followed me one night and stopped me i had nipped out for loo roll at 2am.

Is there any 24 hour shops or petrol stations near there? The cyclist only went 2 ways, maybe there and back to get something from shop?

Keep up the good work

*advertiser censored*.... Geordie word for tab/cigarette

What I find strange about the seeking witnesses is the timeframe:

They're looking for people who passed Oak Road from 1.13am to 2.34am on Friday 1 February, the night Libby went missing.

Why this time? Why not from the time she left the bench on Beverley Road until the time PW arrived home?

Or at 12.30am - when the witnesses heard the screams?

Maybe they checked the CCTV and nobody passed at those times, but it seems people are using Oak Road at night, more than I thought they would.

I queried that, seems odd to me too. I also think there must be closer / different CCTV footage of those people. Perhaps there is nobody in the hour before, or, more likely, they have already come forward to police.

Folks the threads are not a chat room. Keep on topic. If you want to have a discussion with a member take it to your inbox/conversation area. This thread is about Libby and only Libby.

Local rumor is not allowed. Comments from facebook are not allowed to be referenced or discussed. If you want to discuss that type of information you can take it to the inbox area and have a private conversation with other members.

It appears to me that you have run out of items to discuss in the case?

Not at all. New video footage of potential witnesses was released today, and people have been speculating on where these individuals were going in the early hours of the morning. The talk about Burger King and bingo isn't random! :D

The running man seems injured or that he has overdone his sprint, it seems like he has a slight limp, but then that could be cramp from the run, he also seems worried like maybe he is getting away from someone, it's that look over the shoulder, however it could be he ran because it's dark and pretty creepy and maybe he just was uncomfortable and he slows down when he is more in the open and probably feels safer.

The 2 people walking down at first glance I thought it was someone being frog marched, I also questioned if it was someone in light trousers or is it bare legs, I'm unsure but they claim light trousers, I guess they must have studied it well enough to make that claim.

The drain runs right across the city and most of it is not fenced. It's easily accessible in loads of places and you could easily fall in (e.g. down Beresford and Clough Road). I have no idea if there is a fence running behind Wellesley, it doesn't look like it does from Satellite image. A 36 year old with mental health problems was found dead in it in 2016 at around the same place (Desmond/Wellesley). He disappeared after getting out of a taxi.
Humberside Police thank public for help to find missing Steven Wallace
Good point.
The Barton drain is defintely a possibility , presuming Libby lives in an odd number house it runs along the back of her house and from 3D google it looks quite hazardous.
Looking at the frontfacing pic of number 29 there are gaps between the houses on either side , PR could have dropped her off nearby and Libby decides to try to get in round the back via one of these gaps and fallen in the drain.

Attachments

• barnstorm drain.jpg
    barnstorm drain.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 32
Doesn't the running man just stop because he has to cross the road? Whenever I go out running I stop and walk when I have to cross a road, even if there are no cars (just out of habit) or if I'm at a crossing and cars have stopped.

You'd hope so! I also reckon there'd be much more CCTV in that area with so many businesses, stores and warehouses. They'd know if Libby had walked down that way though, so I guess they just want to know whether these 4 people heard anything down the lane that might have been suspicious, and indeed where they had been at that time of night.

Still have few pages to catch up...

Cagney I really doubt that police "just want to know whether these 4 people heard anything". There is definitely something more they are not telling us.

Let's remember that this the FIRST TIME police themselves released CCTV footage in Libby's case rather then media. They would not be releasing just random footage, but rather something closer to what they have or pursue. It is close to their search area too, so they do have some concrete reason they are there.

What concerns me though is the time frame. 1.13am and 2.34am - that is long time, but even more worrying is time 1.13am as that is almost an HOUR after Libby was last seen near the bench close to smoking guy.

What in the world was happening in all those hours :( ?

Good morning...hoping for a positive day, and a breakthrough :) Any opionions this person/ people from the footage released y’day? Looks like two people, pulling something?

Attachments

• DB5E4049-5153-42D2-91DD-986FDCC06C58.png
    DB5E4049-5153-42D2-91DD-986FDCC06C58.png
    174.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 575E56A9-CAB1-4CCA-8CB6-7C1B5C1DB2C9.png
    575E56A9-CAB1-4CCA-8CB6-7C1B5C1DB2C9.png
    221.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 4DD158F4-B270-48D7-BE3E-69936C37AA0E.png
    4DD158F4-B270-48D7-BE3E-69936C37AA0E.png
    227.4 KB · Views: 75
Good morning...hoping for a positive day, and a breakthrough :) Any opionions this person/ people from the footage released y’day? Looks like two people, pulling something?
I thought one of them looked like the cyclist pushing their bike along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa