CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #42 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
He seemed very forthcoming in his interview with the FBI.

He pretty much threw KK under the bus, even though she wasn’t cooperating at that point.
Or distancing himself while not revealing what he knew. How long has he known PF is a good question.

Im not sure how plea deals actually go down but I am kind of wondering if LE got a little duped here by KK and her fancy lawyer.

Because surely she and her lawyer would not admit to and give out all these details before they had "penned in" a deal. Prior to the signing of the deal LE would have asked her if she was involved in the actual killing that day and if she is being truthful and said "No" then that may have been enough to sign the deal and then KK would admit to everything else.

Then after the signing. BOOM......She may have been truthful about not being there on killing day but LE had no idea the extent of how many other cruel and vicious things she did.

Could this explain why this feels so painful to all of us? That LE was a little duped on this deal.
she did say something to the effect....i'll talk...if you make it worth my while:mad:

Even if KK has the plea deal, I was wondering why PF's charge was for solicitation of murder and not conspiracy to commit murder? It sounds like PF and KK were jointly conspiring ways to kill poor KB. And KK was actively taking steps to do so, at least in the "conspiring" phase - from drugging coffees to trading off metal bars and bats. Is solicitation a more serious or less charge than conspiracy? Could they have charged PF with conspiracy even if they gave his counterpart a pass? (And I apologize for the pages I have missed if any of this has been covered. Trying to catch up!)

Thanks for that because I knew I'd read that before the living room report. With the blood reported all over the condo, I think it remains in doubt which room.

That also reminds me of something weird KK said. She said she used the shower in the clean up. I took that to mean used it for rinsing and whatnot. Doesn't that seems strange? Who would turn on the shower rather than use a sink? That doesn't add up, to me. So much doesn't.

And, while tests have not yet come back or been results released - that blood on the Swifer and bleach bottle at the ranchette. If that turns out to be Kelsey's, how would that happen? It was KK who allegedly cleaned up and put everything in trash bags.

I think that everyone, including Investigator Slater, misunderstood what KKL was describing. The bottle of bleach that she brought was probably hospital grade, something like Clorox® Healthcare® Bleach Germicidal Cleaner in at least a 2 gallon jug, to be diluted in hot water. The shower is actually a bathtub with shower surround. The tub spout was probably the only faucet in the house with enough clearance to fill a bucket, and she probably dumped the dirty water out of the bucket into the toilet.
If that's what she actually did, one would think the bathroom would be the cleanest room in the house, as she would have cleaned it last. It will be interesting to see if SF's Swiffer mop is introduced as evidence in the trial. IMO

Seattle, I am aware of ALL of this. I generally have a good knowledge of cases before I comment on them. One exception to your comment: KB wasn't under this impression for "years" in January 2017, it was only months. Which leads me back to my point:

It was AWFULLY early in their relationship to be at a point of having such a serious financial conversation that someone reportedly put a gun to his/her head. Obviously, after a period of months, we are not talking about serious financial concerns such as: divorce, taking someone's livelihood (property, retirement, inheritance), financing college for the children (there weren't any yet), or rearing children.

In other words, I'm doubting the veracity of these claims. I don't think this happened at all. KB strikes me as a mature, grounded, driven person who was not prone to emotional outbursts over finances with a man-child.
Not that it makes all that much difference, but what could the two of them possibly have been arguing about with regard to finances?

I was responding to your original question. I'm not familiar with your additional arguments, don't follow, and that's also OK.

A now unemployed nurse. Who hopefully never works as a nurse again.

However, no matter the outcome, she is alive.
I feel KK is very, very lucky that LE started interviewing her: finally obtaining a plea deal.
Within a short time, if PF was not arrested, I think, PF would have murdered KK.
PF would not want anyone to remain, knowing of his involvement in the murder of KB.
KK would no longer be required, and would be eliminated.
KK is very evil, and stupid.
MOO.

By Carol McKinley, Clayton Sandell and Karma Allen19m ago
Colorado authorities are planning to begin the unsettling task Tuesday morning of digging through a landfill for Kelsey Berreth's remains and other possible evidence in the missing mom's case, sources told ABC News.

The search of the Midway landfill near Fountain, Colorado, could last several months, according to sources with knowledge of the investigation.

Investigators have been focusing their attention on the landfill since at least January, when officials from Waste Management told ABC News that the Colorado Bureau of Investigation had contacted them "regarding a potential search at Midway Landfill and we are cooperating fully."

Authorities plan to search Colorado landfill for Kelsey Berreth's remains

I wonder what they're looking for in the landfill. It seems impossible that LE would find the tiny bits of bone that would be left after KB's body was burned as they would be spread out.

Surely PF had sense enough not to leave them altogether in a bag.

I said nothing about either being involved and I agree she lied to everyone about going to CO. I’m glad you agree that you could not find her pings from her phone on date of murder as well google data as I stated all along.
It did not state that they couldn't find the pings from her phone that day, only that they couldn't find the Google location data for her email address. Imo

I wonder what they're looking for in the landfill. It seems impossible that LE would find the tiny bits of bone that would be left after KB's body was burned.

Surely PF had sense enough not to leave them altogether in a bag.

I thought he threw her ashes in the river.

But, then why draw attention to her gun that was now missing a bullet? If you're going to lie about the date of the car switcheroo to protect your friend, why bring up the missing bullet at all? LE would not have known a bullet was missing or whether or not you kept one in the chamber. MOO

***warning this got a little graphic! ***

Because as a "responsible" gun owner, you have knowledge of WHERE your weapon is AT ALL TIMES.

You are also keenly aware of the number of bullets you placed in the magazine and are all accounted for.

Key word being, RESPONSIBLE.

Imo, leaving it unsecured in your vehicle and allowing someone to take it from your possession with your unsecured weapon inside of it is IRRESPONSIBLE.

I'll even go so far as to say, that the person who borrowed your car, knows that your are well aware of the gun in the car and possibility that it was even placed it there for a very specific reason.

RESPONSIBLE gun owners don't leave their guns in cars unattended and unlocked, for the simple reason that they could be stolen.

RESPONSIBLE gun owners also report when their weapon and/or ammo is unaccounted for.
The reason being, if your gun is stolen /borrowed and used in a crime, the serial # leads back to YOU!
Upon the return of the vehicle, MG obviously checked to make sure her weapon was returned.
She also counted the # of bullets she had placed in the magazine and discovered one missing.

A RESPONSIBLE gun owner would absolutely call law enforcement and report the dates and times of when and who left with gun and car and when it was retuned by the "friend".
In the event that someone is killed by a weapon that you own or your ammo, you become a suspect by LE if you fail to report it immediately upon noticing the discrepancy.

KB gun is missing.
MG bullet is missing.
What guns did these two women own?
Could they both use the same ammo?

Lastly...
A "tooth" in a vent.
Riiiiight!!!!
Couldn't have been a "slug" now could it?

A slug can be traced to a weapon/gun owner and ballistics will point to the people involved.
A tooth?
It can only be related by DNA to the victim, not the killer!!!

Why was KK asked to retrieve it from the vent?

How did PF KNOW it dropped into a vent???

IMO- because a gun does make noise.
The sweater/candle was a set up for an execution.
The slug ended up inside if the sweater and when PF took it off of her face, the slug rolled into a vent.

Due to the possibility that someone heard the shot he had to take baby K and get the heck outta dodge!

ASAP! NO time to go fishing for the one thing that traces back directly to KB's gun or MG ammo.

Being shot in the back of the head would rule out suicide.
A beating by a bat and a tooth rolling into a vent...
He COULD have easily taken the time to collect it, but why bother? It didn't prove WHO did it.

Blood spatter was on the foil covering cinnamon rolls. It was also on the fireplace?
My best guess? Her body
was propped up by the fire place, scene staged and PF rinsed up in the bathroom enough to allow him to get out the door without any blood being seen by the naked eye of anyone outside of the home.

OR he did beat the living **** out if her and took his own sweet time to clean up for the fam din din later.
He realized before leaving that she was still alive and finished her off with a final shot to the head. (where the slug ended up in a grate.)

At any rate, for him to have knowledge of a tooth or a slug, he had to have been in control over the situation.
Moo

If he did knock her teeth/tooth out, I seriously doubt he did an inventory of her missing teeth!

Q: Why get rid of KB's gun?
A: Blow back.

Q: Why did MG report a missing bullet?
A: She was afraid if KB was ever found, the ammo that she had in her magazine placed in KB's gun to kill her with.

Thoughts?
Moo

Last edited:
It did not state that they couldn't find the pings from her phone that day, only that they couldn't find the Google location data for her email address. Imo
I guess we will find out soon. I think they stated they could not locate her cell phone until the 24th as well so she miraculously disappeared right before and cell phone appeared again after the actual murder.

Just a thought. If KK was in CO on the 22nd, my guess is they'd have her on video at Sonic :)

Kidding aside, I can't see LE and the DA screwing this up. But hey! PF will have his day in court if he pleads not guilty, which many of us believe he will. It will be up to his attorney to prove KK was there if that's where they want to attempt to shift the blame. I'm sure they'll do a real number on KK, but I'm not sure they can prove she's the killer. Although, that mugshot makes me wonder :eek:
I think KK is going to come out of this looking terrible either way - PF's attorney will attempt to discredit her in every way. Show she is the lying, conniving beast she really is. And her own testimony of "truths" o_O doesn't exactly paint her a shining light. She pretty much comes off as despicable no matter what lies, truths, half-truths, and crocodile tears come out of her.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member