CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #42 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without her, they had no crime scene, no idea how she was murdered, no idea how her body was disposed of, or any information regarding those solicitation charges.

It sucks, but they had no case without her, especially without a body.

I respectfully disagree. I believe it was CB2 who noticed blood in Kelsey's bathroom. Then they come back with the Luminol or whatever and the murder scene is established. Not compatible with life", IIRC. They had Frazee on the neighbor's security cam - after he said they exchanged the baby and he's the last known person to have seen her alive. Then they have his lies to CB. That's all before LE visits to see/talk to KK.

I can’t help thinking KK controlled him. It’s just the way she presents herself. She does not seem timid. Look at her mug shot compared to his. I think she is scary from a female perspective and if PF was already intimidated by his mother she could really do a number on him. I think KB did not scare him both because of her stature and kind heartedness. I think KK instigated all of this. I don’t think he ever intimidated Kk I think she scared him.

She controlled him? Seriously? That horse beating man who stared with sinister rage at the media who dared to ask him a question, he was afraid of any woman?

I respectfully disagree. I believe it was CB2 who noticed blood in Kelsey's bathroom. Then they come back with the Luminol or whatever and the murder scene is established. Not compatible with life", IIRC. They had Frazee on the neighbor's security cam - after he said they exchanged the baby and he's the last known person to have seen her alive. Then they have his lies to CB. That's all before LE visits to see/talk to KK.

Ok. Yes. They had a probable crime scene without her talking. Blood in the house. Same thing with little Ayla's Reynolds. case. How many years has it been without an arrest?

Without KK talking there wasn't close to enough for murder charges. Despite all the evidence people still don't think PF did it.

Despite the mountain of evidence against him people argued that CW didn't kill his family. And people argued that a 31 year old man who befriended a little girl online, coerced her as she begged not to, to send him video of her getting raped, who then drove hundreds of miles, got her and hid her from authorities in his basement, was a hero.

So many cases where there seems to be a ton of evidence but many are not convinced.

No, I'm not misreading it. You are ignoring the date. It was an Idaho phone number that pinged off Woodland Park and then Divide, CO. on Nov. 22 and LE determined it was a burner phone belonging to KK. You are also conveniently forgetting the testimony about KK lying to the FBI and they knew it.

• At 4:37 pm Nov. 22, PF called an Idaho number, also in vicinity of KB’s home, it hit off a tower, southwest of KB’s townhome. He receive a return call from this number a few minutes later. It hit off the same tower, southwest of KB’s townhome. Shortly after, he received a call from that same number. Slater says it pinged off a tower in Divide.
  • Referencing the Idaho number belonged to KK, state asks if PF contacting that number became important, knowing that was near the last ping of KB’s phone. Slater said yes, then they tried contacting her.
  • CBI agent testified that at 4:24 p.m. on Nov. 22 PF’s phone called his mother. At 4:37 p.m. it called KK. Cell towers show he was southwest of KB‘s home.
This is where pronouns cause problems....if you reread what you posted and replace "it" with "his phone" it will make sense.

Last edited:
EXACTLY. I made the same mistake when that info first came out. It was worded strangely, and it does look, at first, like they were talking about KK's cell location. That is what I thought initially. But someone corrected me, and I went back a read it.

Upon rereading the testimony, I saw that they were referring to HIS cell being near the townhome, not hers.
Then I suggest you contact the mods and show proof that Tippy's notes at the top of the thread are inaccurate. I do believe the testimony was about an Idaho number and other reporter's notes do confirm the call FROM Idaho pinged off a tower in Divide, CO.

11:34 a.m.

Slater said they found Frazee called his mother around 4:24 p.m. on Nov. 22 and they determined that the phone pinged off of a tower in Woodland Park, near Berreth’s townhome. Slater then said Frazee called an Idaho number at 4:37 p.m. that pinged off the same tower. Slater said records show he received a call from the same number, that one pinged off of a tower in Divide, located between Woodland Park and the Frazee property in Florissant.

Live blog: Patrick Frazee appears in court for preliminary hearing

Witness reveals how Patrick Frazee allegedly killed Kelsey Berreth, disposed of her body
Slater testified that Kenney was not present during Berreth's murder, but arrived in Colorado on November 24 to clean up the crime scene. She described the scene inside Berreth's home as "horrific."

Details of alleged gruesome bloody cleanup revealed in case against fiancé accused of killing Kelsey Berreth
Lee said Frazee called her on Nov. 22 and told her to get to Colorado to clean up, Slater said. Lee arrived on Nov. 24 with rubber gloves, a hospital gown, bleach, trash bags and booties, Slater testified.

Patrick Frazee going to trial in Kelsey Berreth murder case (UPDATE: Arrest affidavit inside article)
Kenney states she received a call from Frazee on Nov. 22. Frazee allegedly said, "You got to get here now. You got a mess to clean up." On Nov. 24 Kenney claims she was on her way to Colorado with a clean-up kit.

Affidavit details events leading up to Berreth’s death
On Nov. 22 around 4:30 p.m., while she was in Idaho, Kenney received a text from Frazee: “You need to get here now. You’ve got a mess to clean up.”

She told authorities that when she received that text, she “understood that as Berreth had been killed,” according to the affidavit.

While Kenney wasn’t present for the alleged murder, she said Frazee described it in detail.

Thanks for all the references to help understand that there are misleading statements that some are referencing in a blog compilation. Sam had a few of his tweets that were INCORRECT or were misinterpreted, for instance when he said the 23nd of November verses September. He was doing things very quickly when he was tweeting and things got misinterpreted. He later corrected them but people keep referencing the original incorrect ones.

I owe you a piece of pie for helping show corrections so that we do not get legs for past Incorrect and or misleading information.

Last edited:
Then I suggest you contact the mods and show proof that Tippy's notes at the top of the thread are inaccurate. I do believe the testimony was about an Idaho number and other reporter's notes do confirm the call FROM Idaho pinged off a tower in Divide, CO.

11:34 a.m.

Slater said they found Frazee called his mother around 4:24 p.m. on Nov. 22 and they determined that the phone pinged off of a tower in Woodland Park, near Berreth’s townhome. Slater then said Frazee called an Idaho number at 4:37 p.m. that pinged off the same tower. Slater said records show he received a call from the same number, that one pinged off of a tower in Divide, located between Woodland Park and the Frazee property in Florissant.

Live blog: Patrick Frazee appears in court for preliminary hearing
The towers in Colorado are being pinged as the incoming calls are received. It is not referencing where the calls originated.

Transcript of hearing - official, trained court reporter, actual spoken words, complete, complete context

Someone's notes on what that person heard at a hearing - not official, not a trained court reporter, note taker's interpretation and possibly shorthand, incomplete, may be missing context

Just saying...I wouldn't bet my house on the accuracy of someone's notes.

I agree. It was the Berreths who discovered the blood and there is compelling evidence from security video. I have no doubt a Judge would have found probable cause without KK's testimony.

JMO

I think it says the phone call pinged on a tower SW of KB's townhome because it originated there.

Here's Tippy's notes about the testimony about Nov. 22:
November 22, 2018 - Thursday
(Thanksgiving)
  • KB last seen on video surveillance shopping in Safeway (noon hour)
  • KB exchanged daughter with PF (fiancé)
  • KK learned PF committed homicide
  • KB was last seen alive on Nov. 22.
  • CB says she talked to KB on the phone for about 5 minutes on Nov. 22. During CB and KB’s conversation KB had asked for a bread recipe because her and PF had plans to go out with Baby K for Thanksgiving dinner, but she wanted to a dip recipe from CB if something happened. Slater says, per CB, KB didn’t talk about relationship problems.
  • CB told Slater there was another conversation at 9:17 a.m. with Kelsey. Slater says that conversation was about Christmas plans. Nothing about visiting family in Washington state or Idaho though.
  • CB told Slater on the evening of Nov. 22, CB says she received texts from KB’s phone that she got her gun back & felt safe now with PF.
  • KB was last seen on the Safeway surveillance video about 12:27 p.m. KB’s purchased items for dip and flowers at Safeway. KB was next seen in her car on surveillance video from Williams Bros Furniture, at 12:37 approaching her townhome.
  • PF was seen on Walmart & Williams Furniture Store surveillance, and on Arlo camera by KB’s neighbor caught KB, baby K and PF at KB’s door at 1:34 p.m.
  • Adams: another surveillance video showing PF at KB’s residence at 3:36 p.m.
  • Slater said KK told him PF contacted her, and she knew that he had killed KB.
  • Courtroom testimony from CBI agent: KK says PF told her that he covered KB’s eyes with a sweater for a guessing game to guess candle scents. PF used a bat to assault KB, beating her and kill her.
  • Slater: KK says PF put KB in a black tote and set that on the ground near the green Toyota before putting it in the back of his truck & transporting her remains to Nash Ranch in Fremont County, CO. PF placed the black tote that KB’s body was in on top of haystacks in a barn at Nash Ranch.
  • During the crime, KK told Slater the couple’s 1-year-old daughter was in a room nearby, according to his testimony.
  • The murder, according to KK (through PF), happened in a back office/second bedroom.
  • According to testimony PF left the murder scene and then went to have Thanksgiving dinner with his family. Later, he allegedly returned to collect KB’s body and burned it.
  • PF went to Thanksgiving dinner with his family that same night, according to Slater’s testimony.
  • Slater says PF put KB’s body in black bag in truck — and drove to celebrate Thanksgiving with family.
  • Phone records show 12:30 both PF and KB’s phones show location at KB’s apartment. Both phones were traveling together later that day. Later that evening phone towers showed both phones together again
  • Then later that evening, Adams says the phones were together and pinged west of Cripple Creek. Adams says PF called KK and his mother SF on Nov. 22.
  • Agents found PF called his mother on Nov. 22 around 4:24 p.m. They determined his phone pinged off a tower near KBs townhome, heading west from there.
  • Adams wrote search warrants for both KB and PF’s phones to Verizon. He says there were a few phone calls between the phones on Nov. 22. Adams says cell tower data showed they were in the vicinity of KB’s townhome. Later that day, they pinged near Divide.
  • Phone records show KB’s phone and PF’s phone were together the entire day on Nov 22. Records show both phones move west, go off the grid, come back on at a later time. The phones are shown heading toward Cripple Creek. They go dark once again.
  • Slater says it’s his understanding that KB’s phone was in close proximity to PF’s phone. They were moving west from Woodland Park toward Divide, then later that night toward Florissant & Cripple Creek.
  • At 4:37 pm Nov. 22, PF called an Idaho number, also in vicinity of KB’s home, it hit off a tower, southwest of KB’s townhome. He receive a return call from this number a few minutes later. It hit off the same tower, southwest of KB’s townhome. Shortly after, he received a call from that same number. Slater says it pinged off a tower in Divide.
  • Referencing the Idaho number belonged to KK, state asks if PF contacting that number became important, knowing that was near the last ping of KB’s phone. Slater said yes, then they tried contacting her.
  • CBI agent testified that at 4:24 p.m. on Nov. 22 PF’s phone called his mother. At 4:37 p.m. it called KK. Cell towers show he was southwest of KB‘s home.
  • Adams says he also recovered video of PF at the drive through of Ent Credit Union. He says he couldn’t see the baby in the truck, but did see a baby carrier.
  • Two more exhibits from the state. First is a still of PF on the surveillance at the bank showing him. Second shows the back of his truck, with a black tote in it. He says they learned that tote played a big role in what happened to KB
  • Adams says he talked to PF’s brother, a Colorado Springs police officer as part of the investigation. Sean (unsure of spelling) says he saw PF on Nov. 22 & didn’t describe anything as suspicious that day. It doesn’t say exactly when PF arrived for Thanksgiving. Sean says he got there around 2:30 p.m., and that PF arrived a little later. He had baby K with him. Defense says PF’s brother would be aware of things out of the ordinary. since he is a CO Springs police officer. Prosecution says Sean and Patrick have estranged relationship.
  • KK spoke with PF at 4:30 p.m. PF texted KK asking for her to call him. PF eventually called KK, saying, she had to get to CO because she had a mess to clean up. KK interpreted that as KB was dead.
  • KK said she couldn’t come out right away, realizing what happened. Slater says PF said, “Just *advertiser censored**ing talk.” He made it clear to KK that she needed to bring things with her to “clean up”.
  • Slater says PF told KK,“You don’t know how hard it was to have Thanksgiving dinner after killing her. “
I believe your Tippy Lynn interpretation of the transcript of testimony is incorrect. Please see the same passage with clarity. PF's phone is what is pinging in Colorado, on 11/22, and not KK's phone (actual or burner).

• At 4:37 pm Nov. 22, PF called an Idaho number, [while] also in vicinity of KB’s home, it hit off a tower, southwest of KB’s townhome. He receive a return call from this number a few minutes later[while in vicinity of KB's home]. It hit off the same tower, southwest of KB’s townhome. Shortly after [when traveling to SF ranch], he received a call from that same number. Slater says it pinged off a tower in Divide [located near SF ranch].
  • Referencing the Idaho number belonged to KK, state asks if PF contacting that number became important, knowing that was near the last ping of KB’s phone[that pinged Gooding, ID] . Slater said yes, then they tried contacting her.

Last edited:
I don't know why but I just have a feeling there are still bombshells to come. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. Anyone else?
I was surprised that they're still planning to do the landfill search, after hearing about the fire. So yes, I think we have more surprises in store. I won't predict whether or not they will be bombshells.

There only two defendants and she said Thanksgiving??? Not the day after or the weekend after but THANKSGIVING (apparently). As in Thursday, the 22nd. While I saw that earlier, I'm so tired that just sank in!

Thanksgiving.
Maybe it's that 3rd person in the conspiracy and not KK. It may be that 3rd person who relayed details to KK.

After reading the arrest warrant, PF has a clear alibi on surveillance video at Walmart.

-KB + baby exit Safeway 12:27
-PF + KB + baby on surv at KB townhome door
-PF + baby at Walmart on surv video between 12:54 and 1:17
-Brother SeF thought PF + baby arrived for Tgiving dinner a little after 2:30
-(? not sure)PF returns to KB townhome at 3:36
-PF + KB phones ping near KB home 4:24, head west. PF phone calls SF at 4:24 and KK phone at 4:37.

There was a utility worker on surv video near KB townhome. There is unknown male DNA in the sink. PF is never seen on video or by anyone looking bloody or disheveled like he just committed an energetic murder. While PF is seen coming and going from KB's home later, he is never seen with a black tote. Neighbor's surv only covers KB front door (was she moved out a window in the black tote?)

No utility worker is out doing scheduled work on Tgiving. It would be an emergency, and probably a crew. A utility worker outfit would be concealing, hard hat, gloves... and records could be easily verified by LE. If a utility worker came to KB's door to check the natural gas, she would let him in. He could also carry a weapon concealed as "tools" and he might even bring a black tote inside. He could also move a black tote, himself, or other things in and out of a window out of view of the surv camera and no one would see it as odd if he had a uniform and tools.

What if PF met KB and baby after the Safeway trip. He says, "Hey you're tired, your hair isn't fixed. You take a nap and get ready to go out, I'll take the baby. Mom wants me to pick up something at Walmart. I'll drop the baby there and come back to get you later." Something like that.

The utility worker waits to see PF leave. Then he goes to KB door about a gas leak or whatever. She lets him in... and he is the physical murderer.

Guess who claims she left a metal pipe at the SF/PF residence gate? Are her fingerprints on it? What about KB blood and DNA? KK seems to think a wooden baseball bat was the murder weapon and it was burned up. Ha. KK is going to get trapped in her own lies.

I think PF can honestly say he did not kill KB because he knows it was someone else.

The tweet does not clarify the date the utility worker was seen on video, nor the date the "friend of PF" picks up a "package." But LE Adams had just been talking about Tgiving 11/22 and PF brother SeF.

Did anyone see anything more about the "utility worker" in the media tweets?

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV1m1 minute ago
Adams says there was no video/photos to show Kenney entered Berreth’s townhome. He says a utilities worker & a friend of Frazee’s showed up on surveillance. Adams said the friend was there to pick up a package.

A post is not evidence. Where the link?
The post is a poster's notes from all the tweets from those in the courtroom who heard the testimony first hand. I wasn't there first hand. By all means, please post a link that proves Tippy Lynn's post isn't factual so it can be removed. Thanks.

The towers in Colorado are being pinged as the incoming calls are received. It is not referencing where the calls originated.
That's correct and the incoming call from the Idaho number on November 22 pinged in Colorado according to a reporter in the courtroom.

It is incorrect and needs to be clarified. JMO

[As Clarified]...

I believe your interpretation of the transcript of testimony is incorrect. Please see the same passage with clarity. PF's phone is what is pinging in Colorado, on 11/22, and not KK's phone (actual or burner).

• At 4:37 pm Nov. 22, PF called an Idaho number, [while] also in vicinity of KB’s home, it hit off a tower, southwest of KB’s townhome. He receive a return call from this number a few minutes later[while in vicinity of KB's home]. It hit off the same tower, southwest of KB’s townhome. Shortly after [when traveling to SF ranch], he received a call from that same number. Slater says it pinged off a tower in Divide [located near SF ranch].
  • Referencing the Idaho number belonged to KK, state asks if PF contacting that number became important, knowing that was near the last ping of KB’s phone[that pinged Gooding, ID] . Slater said yes, then they tried contacting her.

Maybe it's that 3rd person in the conspiracy and not KK. It may be that 3rd person who relayed details to KK.

After reading the arrest warrant, PF has a clear alibi on surveillance video at Walmart.

-KB + baby exit Safeway 12:27
-PF + KB + baby on surv at KB townhome door
-PF + baby at Walmart on surv video between 12:54 and 1:17
-Brother SeF thought PF + baby arrived for Tgiving dinner a little after 2:30
-(? not sure)PF returns to KB townhome at 3:36
-PF + KB phones ping near KB home 4:24, head west. PF phone calls SF at 4:24 and KK phone at 4:37.

There was a utility worker on surv video near KB townhome. There is unknown male DNA in the sink. PF is never seen on video or by anyone looking bloody or disheveled like he just committed an energetic murder. While PF is seen coming and going from KB's home later, he is never seen with a black tote. Neighbor's surv only covers KB front door (was she moved out a window in the black tote?)

No utility worker is out doing scheduled work on Tgiving. It would be an emergency, and probably a crew. A utility worker outfit would be concealing, hard hat, gloves... and records could be easily verified by LE. If a utility worker came to KB's door to check the natural gas, she would let him in. He could also carry a weapon concealed as "tools" and he might even bring a black tote inside. He could also move a black tote, himself, or other things in and out of a window out of view of the surv camera and no one would see it as odd if he had a uniform and tools.

What if PF met KB and baby after the Safeway trip. He says, "Hey you're tired, your hair isn't fixed. You take a nap and get ready to go out, I'll take the baby. Mom wants me to pick up something at Walmart. I'll drop the baby there and come back to get you later." Something like that.

The utility worker waits to see PF leave. Then he goes to KB door about a gas leak or whatever. She lets him in... and he is the physical murderer.

Guess who claims she left a metal pipe at the SF/PF residence gate? Are her fingerprints on it? What about KB blood and DNA? KK seems to think a wooden baseball bat was the murder weapon and it was burned up. Ha. KK is going to get trapped in her own lies.

I think PF can honestly say he did not kill KB because he knows it was someone else.

The tweet does not clarify the date the utility worker was seen on video, nor the date the "friend of PF" picks up a "package." But LE Adams had just been talking about Tgiving 11/22 and PF brother SeF.

Did anyone see anything more about the "utility worker" in the media tweets?

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV1m1 minute ago
Adams says there was no video/photos to show Kenney entered Berreth’s townhome. He says a utilities worker & a friend of Frazee’s showed up on surveillance. Adams said the friend was there to pick up a package.
I think the potential for a third party is great. And the answer to your question is "No."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monique 9903