GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what does not sync with me, is that supposedly was the daughter that he said was most liked him self. That he identified with that daughter the most. And then he made her suffer the most.
In the prison interview, he sniffles and his voice breaks when he was describing how he killed his little babies, but when Tammy interjects and asks him -didn't you contact your co-worker re Cervi site the day before?-, his voice changes to completely normal right away and eagerly explains about the leaks or whatever in detail.

He is not remorseful. I don't believe he misses his family. He has no idea people, don't even have to be LE or trained, can see right through him.

Last edited:
These are some notes I took from NK's interviews

CW brings condoms to my house. One box is full and unopened, the second are condoms from a partially used box.

I asked CW he has a box of partially used condoms CW informs me that the condoms he has are from back when he was still having sex with his wife. He told me they have been sitting in a closet collecting dust and that SW probably didn't even know they were still there asked him why SW used to use condoms CW informed me that SW didn't like to get messy I was curious so I looked up the expiration date on the condoms and noticed that the unopened set expired in late 2022 in the open set expired in early 2023 based on my research I assume these condoms were manufactured in late 2017 in early 2018
Yes, that was it! We discussed how weird it was to be checking expiration dates, and what an idiot he was to bring the same box he had at home that he used to have sex with his wife. Imo

These are some notes I took from NK's interviews

CW brings condoms to my house. One box is full and unopened, the second are condoms from a partially used box.

I asked CW he has a box of partially used condoms CW informs me that the condoms he has are from back when he was still having sex with his wife. He told me they have been sitting in a closet collecting dust and that SW probably didn't even know they were still there asked him why SW used to use condoms CW informed me that SW didn't like to get messy I was curious so I looked up the expiration date on the condoms and noticed that the unopened set expired in late 2022 in the open set expired in early 2023 based on my research I assume these condoms were manufactured in late 2017 in early 2018

If she was curious about the expiration dates on the condoms, then I think for sure she looked up everything she could on SW and CW on Facebook and instagram and knew everything about them. I think she knew SW was pregnant. She said she didn't have social media but all she would need is her cellphone to find out

I just had a thought that falls into the theory of a little bit of Truth in the lies, remember when, I'm not sure but will tesearch, Chris was being interrogated and had mentioned he didn't want the girls to talk to Shanann when she was away on business because it would just be a cry fest because they would want her to be there and miss her and love her and go to her I can't even imagine what happened when she was laying lifeless in the truck or being taken to the truck in the sheet they must have been screaming and crying for their mommy and that may be why he said that, so sad....
Unless they were terrified and traumtized into silence.

Yeah, it's tough. I have listened to a bunch of lies from a personality-disordered person who made their voice crack like that, because voices are supposed to crack when they relate something terrible. Noticed Chris Watts's mother's voice in her interview entered and exited "emotionally broken up" and cracking modes very smoothly, without any tears, without her eyebrows changing, with no indications of real sadness, basically.

One of the ways I watch emotional upset in other people comes from something I learned in theater. When someone has a strong emotion, it's sort of unusual for them to give in totally to that emotion, particularly if they are continuing to speak at all rationally. So if you are trying to act sad, then acting sad should mean acting like you're trying to control your sadness and communicate despite it, rather than acting like you're just being sad in a one-dimensional manner. Hope that makes sense. Anyway, I've noticed that people with shallow and limited emotions usually don't get this right. Usually they're struggling to put across an emotion, it doesn't quite rise to the level of normal, so there's nothing to try to control; or it's way over the top in a very simplified, weird way.

Also, if it's a video interview, if I turn off the sound can I tell what emotion is being felt? And if I look and listen carefully, do I also start to feel what emotion they're portraying because of my own mirror neurons or whatever? If I feel nothing, there's possibly an issue.

ITA. If you're sitting in an interview, you know you have to answer the questions---but the surge of emotion is overwhelming. Normal people try to control the emotions, otherwise they wouldn't be able to speak coherently. I can see how if you aren't feeling emotion, but know you are suppose to be exhibiting it, you might "overdo" it, or not understand that you need to give the appearance of trying to control them.

You are probably right but I’m having a hard time picturing it unless he is on her back. Is that what you think?

I think she was on her side.

But even if she was on her back, I have been so entangled in bedspreads/sheets just from sleeping that it took considerable effort (with no one on top of me) to free my arms...

I am beyond angry at the home wrecker Nikki. She should have stayed in her own lane. They would be alive if she would have imo

She's no heroine but I think it's important to remember that Chris Watts made a choice to flirt and cheat with a woman who was not his wife, then chose to strangle the life out of Shanann.

If it had not been Nikki, it would have been someone else.

He was in control of the whole situation.

Thank you for this.
Gee, who checks and researches the manufacture date of condoms...SMH

Uh, I might do it. If I had someone bring condoms of an unknown vintage to my place, I would wonder how old they were. With spermicide they last only three years or so, somewhat longer if they're regular condoms.

You know, I'm having trouble again believing CW that SW put him into a rage. How? She was away for 6 weeks. She wrote him a love letter. How can you put someone in a rage when you are barely even around?

He was acting suspiciously due to an affair. ANY spouse would be upset, paranoid, hurt, etc. Being emotional and argumentative is typical when you are realizing your partner is lying to you and betraying you. She was probably confused because he kept giving her false hope and then acting cold again. She was pregnant, working, raising two toddlers and getting NO emotional support from her husband. And to realize another woman is the reason why you're distant and cruel?

But back to my original point. How could she somehow push him into killing her when she was hardly around to push? I doubt she said much to him that night. I bet he was cold yet again and she cried herself to sleep alone in the bed before he ambushed her and killed her. Just my opinion.
I wouldn’t be at all surprised if that’s exactly what happened. Though I also wouldn’t be surprised if he had sex first or made her think they were about to. JMO of course.

I don't think there was any forensic evidence that CW deposited semen in SW before he murdered her. I'm sure forensics would have tested for that and it was not included in anything from LE.

I think he lied. There would be no reason for him to use a condom as SW was already pregnant so evidence of intercourse/sexual assault would have been included in the autopsy report.

He is a liar who occasionally sprinkles a dot of truth in between his own foolish, unbelievable fantasies.

moo
If he made her think he wanted to have sex, it would be an excellent way to get her to let him climb on top of her and pin her down without a fight. Just sayin’ ..... MOO

Last edited:
Two things have occurred to me:

1. CW saying that NK was the first person he could be himself around. I think this might be true. Around SW he had to wear his mask, because she was truly and innately a good and honest person with a fully functional moral compass. If he were to have revealed his abject emptiness (i.e., his sociopathy) to her, she would have rejected him.

CW required, as a nearly literal matter of life and death, the approval of others, so he learned to wear his mask religiously, as it were, when in the company of good and decent people. His family of origin is excepted from this equation because he needs their approval despite their lacking in the decency department - so he wears his mask, to one degree or another, with everyone.

Except NK. Because she was like him. They wondered if they were "bad people." IMO, this was an honest question on both their parts, because they have no concept of what being a good person is beyond the outward clues they've gleaned from their observation of others.

2. CW wanting to be a mentor and/or his feeling that he has a purpose or whatever nonsense he said. I do not think that this is something he truly feels. Has he ever had an authentic and genuine feeling in his life?

More likely, IMO, this is more evidence of his compulsion to appear "good" in the eyes of others. Somewhere along the line he has absorbed the notion that people think well of those people who desire to help others regardless of their own station in life, and/or people who make something good happen after, or out of, terrible times.

He no doubt heard, at some point in his life, someone else expressing such a sentiment, and then heard as well the attendant approval-sounds and murmurings. As he dearly desires such affirmations for himself, he likely pulled this out of his memory banks (where it was doubtless filed under "save this info - may need one day") after spending 23 hours alone in his cell every day trying to figure out if he is "bad," if "everyone" hates him now, and if so, how he can change everyone's mind the way he's seemingly been able to do every other time the mask has slipped before.

CW is just polishing his battered mask with whatever he can find lying around his "how to act like a human being" memory files.

All MOO.
I don’t know. If he was truly being himself there would be no need to lie to NK and I have no doubt he did. IMO he was wearing a brand new manly/sexy/misunderstood mask w/NK but a mask just the same.

Uh, I might do it. If I had someone bring condoms of an unknown vintage to my place, I would wonder how old they were. With spermicide they last only three years or so, somewhat longer if they're regular condoms.
Lol at 'unknown vintage'! and actually it is a good idea to check for expiration date. You want to be protected.

But would you do a complete research on the condoms to investigate when that someone used the condom last on his wife? I wonder what was NK's conclusion or plan of action based on her research. She figured one box of condoms was manufactured in late 2017 and another in early 2018. Bummer, they are not so old..I think she was obsessed with him just as much as he with her.

Unless they were terrified and traumtized into silence.

I keep thinking about my own kids. I have a chronic illness and we've had to get the kids up early, or in the middle of the night, several times to make ER runs. Me on the backseat, or in the front, with a blanket over my head and a "ssshhhh, Mommy's sick" and the kids go right back to sleep in the vehicle. It doesn't take much to quiet them down.

This was their father driving the truck and he undoubtedly told them that everything was going to be okay, that they just needed to get mommy to the doctor. He was talking to a 3 and 4 year old here; kids are very trusting, especially when the grownups they love are telling them something. This ride wasn't necessarily filled with loud, terrified sobs. It may have just been two exhausted, confused, worried children leaning on each other and eventually falling back asleep. That doesn't make the ride less sad or scary.

I get the feeling that the so-called trigger was definitely whatever he discussed with NK on the phone (that's not to say he isn't the monstrous murderer who took things too far). NK was willing to lie to investigators about the seriousness of their relationship and went to the length of trying to wipe her phone clean. I don't necessarily think she was aware of what CW was going to do. But I believe she knows she said some things to wind him up.

Notice NK's father got really defensive whenever investigators asked NK if she ever said anything negative about his wife and kids? Anything CW could have misconstrued? Her father quickly interjected before NK could answer and then she changed the subject from what I recall. She then lied about encouraging him to try to fix his marriage. Perhaps she used some kind of phrasing like "get rid of them soon or we're done" or "its them or me" etc.
I don't think there was anything NK said that was a "trigger," although I do believe his desire to start a new life with her influenced his decision.
He had already successfully distanced himself from his family in the weeks before the murder. He had no more emotional connection to them.
The only trigger, in my opinion, was the inside of Chris Watt's own mind. He practically said it himself when he suggested maybe there was something implanted in his mind that made him do it. Jmo

If he made her think he wanted to have sex, it would be an excellent way to get her to let him climb on top of her and pin her down without a fight. Just sayin’ ..... MOO

I think it would've been a good ruse to get her both complacent and caught offguard. I know that some have strong feelings about this part and don't think it happened, but I definitely think it could have. "Cold" CW who hasn't been "as loving" to her all summer as he usually is-someone who seems to have changed-the father of her children and her husband whose marriage she's been fighting for suddenly turns to her and acts like he desires her? I can see that happening, and I can see her putting her guard down. I would. Travel weary, airplane hair, feeling gross and pregnant-all the reasons you might have said "no" in the past don't always matter when you're fighting for your marriage. Been there. It sucks. Makes me hate him even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member