Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #12 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The red marker in the top left is St Andrews Quay and the circles area bottom left is where the body was found

There was also a sighting of a body in the water near Paull a few weeks back. Its not beyond the realms of possibility that it is the same body that has just been recovered.

To my mind its not a stretch to consider that a body may have been dropped in the water around the St Andrews Quay area and made its way to Paull and then down to Grimsby.

Current changes in speed and direction at high and low tide could well aid in the both the movement of the body and concealment of it along the way.

Attachments

• Sites.jpg
    Sites.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Everything points towards Libby tbh

The body that was found in the water a few days ago was quickly dismissed as being male

This one hasn’t

Which suggests either female or so decomposed because of length of time they can’t tell if male or female, so it does not sound like someone who entered the water recently

That’s what I was wondering, the river leads here but how likely is it a body would make it all the way down the river to here without being snagged?

Locals or people with knowledge of water, question for you.. would it be more likely for a body to be found here if it entered this body of water, perhaps in another location further up rather than entering way up the river?
I was looking at the river in Oak Rd park today and it’s really quite fast, it was about 2 hours after high tide and was moving at some pace. I reckon it would be a matter of a couple of hours for something entering the water here to end up in the estuary.

For those that aren't familiar, the Humber is enormous. Look at it on a map. It drains a significant proportion of northern England and is known for powerful, unpredictable currents.
Yeah I can see the Humber is huge, what I meant was how likely is it a body, if it did enter around oak road, would get all the way down the river hull into the Humber without being snagged or found before reaching the Humber? seems like quite a way for it to go from looking at the map but it might not be so looking for a locals take on, looking at where the body was found do you think the body could have came all the way down river into the Humber or that it entered the Humber in the first place and didn’t come down river?

Sorry, hope that makes sense..

There was also a sighting of a body in the water near Paull a few weeks back. Its not beyond the realms of possibility that it is the same body that has just been recovered.

To my mind its not a stretch to consider that a body may have been dropped in the water around the St Andrews Quay area and made its way to Paull and then down to Grimsby.

Current changes in speed and direction at high and low tide could well aid in the both the movement of the body and concealment of it along the way.

Good point about it being the body seen previously. I believe the body may have been put in the water on the opposite shore to where it was found, as you say around the humber bridge / St Andrews Quay area.

I was looking at the river in Oak Rd park today and it’s really quite fast, it was about 2 hours after high tide and was moving at some pace. I reckon it would be a matter of a couple of hours for something entering the water here to end up in the estuary.
Thanks for that.. I had read previously some posts saying there’s a lot of areas in the river that could cause snagging so wasn’t sure, it’s hard to tell from the map how big/fast the river is.. answers my question though!

Have they named her specifically like this in any other “findings” on daily mail? Heartbroken if it’s her, but hope the family can find a bit of solace and peace of mind in having the answer to this particular question.

The river Hull seems to flow quite fast at times, and the Humber seems to flow even faster, but they're so influenced by the tide that its impossible to assume what location a body would end up. I imagine it could move very quickly during high tide and then maybe even stop completely during a low tide, and then begin moving again. I think overnight the incident occurred the body could have travelled quite far away from the crime scene, and because the water is so murky it would be impossible to see.
Would today''s full moon and tides help reveal a 'casualty' in the Humber, do you think?

Good point about it being the body seen previously. I believe the body may have been put in the water on the opposite shore to where it was found, as you say around the humber bridge / St Andrews Quay area.

The Humber Bridge area is an unlikely entry point IMO.

If the body were entered at shore side it is very shallow around that area.
To get it in to deep water it would have to be dropped in the estuary centrally and the only way I can see that is from the bridge itself. The amount of security (read suicide) cameras there are there mean the event would have been captured and reviewed already.

The normal water depth around the St Andrews Quay area is sufficient to host water shows involving boats and the like.

Thinking of everyone in Hull tonight especially Libby’s family and friends. Although the whole country has been deeply touched by this case me being one of the many I feel it for the locals when something like this is on your doorstep. I know nothing confirmed yet but got a horrible hunch. Someone on here said on Sunday they thought there would be a breakthrough this week...

Yip, this is where my mind is going with it too

Police searching for missing student Libby Squire have found a body six weeks after she was last seen, it was revealed tonight.

The University of Hull student, 21, who is originally from High Wycombe in Buckinghamshire, has not been seen since the early hours of February 1.

She had been on a night out in Hull but is believed to have been refused entry to The Welly nightclub and put in a taxi by her friends.

Police hunting missing student Libby Squire, 21, find body in Humber Estuary | Daily Mail Online

I’m so sorry to read this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member