GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
True - and he could only get his hands on enough cash in which to pay the babysitter because he lied to Shanann about why he needed the babysitter.

He couldn't get his hands on the cash needed to pay for his dinner with NK, because Shanann didn't know he was going out to dinner, so he had to use a credit card. Shanann received an alert.

This paints a picture to me of a man whose wife did not trust him with money or with the mail. JMO, there's a good reason for that.
I don't think it was a coincidence he used a credit card to pay for dinner that night.
If he ran out of cash or gift cards, he could have easily purchased another restaurant gift card using a credit card at a supermarket.
I believe he used the credit card as part of his original plan to explain what prompted the supposed talk about a separation which in turn made his 'spiteful' wife take his 'beloved' daughters from him never to be seen again.
MOO

Never thought of that! Yikes.
I have wondered since the recent evidence dump that maybe he used the doll as a practice session preparing the girls for what mom might look like when she is being taken to the oil fields.
Whatever the reason for that picture....it is haunting.
Good point. It's possible he told the girls: "wrapping up dolly is what we do when she is hurt and needs to go to the hospital."

But the way he texted it to Shanann makes me wonder if he was actually looking forward to murdering her. Or was it part of his plan to make it appear that she was using his daughters to get back at him?
MOO

Interesting article about pleas and death penalty
BBM

“At the crux of the divide, district attorneys disagree on whether the possibility of the death penalty is necessary to facilitate plea deals on potential capital cases and avoid lengthy, costly murder trials. Without the death penalty, more defendants will be able to plead to second-degree murder, district attorneys who oppose repeal warned, though they clarified that they wouldn’t seek death in a case that didn’t merit it simply to obtain a plea.”

“Without this tool that we have at our disposal right now, reserved for the worst of the worst, those pleas simply don’t happen,” said Republican Weld County District Attorney Michael Rourke, citing the recent case of a Frederick man who pleaded guilty to murdering his family to avoid the death penalty. “Chris Watts doesn’t have an incentive at that point.”
Death penalty repeal bill divides Colorado district attorneys

I mean that I think he probably wasn't thrilled about SW needing to "control" all the accounts. I suspect it is another thing he resented her for. In his sick mind he could resent SW for all kinds of things instead of taking the personal responsibility that it was truly his fault.

JMO, he may have resented her control of his access to money way more than Shanann ever realized. His fake persona is golly gee, I'm such an easy-going, nice guy and Shanann is so good at accounting, blah, blah, blah, so she handles all he finances. He acted like he was perfectly ok with that arrangement.

Psychopaths really don't want the adult responsibility of setting a budget, living within that budget and paying bills on time, so in a way, he was probably happy to not have that burden. That said, what they really want to do is impulsively pleasure themselves with the things that money can buy and they will pull big cons to try to get control of it so they can hide how it is being spent.

It's interesting that Shanann was the one who was getting all of the mail. If I had to venture a guess - she was trying to monitor that, too.

I believe you and I have shared a similar experience and JMO, it goes beyond money, it's really pure evil. Money is a common theme and if they are able to get their hands on it, they blow through it at lightning speed and they lie, lie, lie. They feel they are entitled and no one else matters. He may have been secretly seething that he couldn't get his hands on money and it's interesting he kept bringing up having to use that credit card on his dinner date with NK, and that Shanann was alerted that he used it at a restaurant.

All JMO

I mean that I think he probably wasn't thrilled about SW needing to "control" all the accounts. I suspect it is another thing he resented her for. In his sick mind he could resent SW for all kinds of things instead of taking the personal responsibility that it was truly his fault.

She didn't control all the accounts. He had access via their computer in the house--just not on his phone.

He must have done something to disable the system. There was a camera in every room besides alerting to a door opening and it would have been sent to both their phones. The question is how

I'm not sure - I've read there were no cameras inside the house. They had the ring doorbell and Vivant that alerted when doors were opened.

I don't see any big deal about her controlling the finances. When I divorced my husband he had no idea what was in which bank account, I did the 50-50 thing honestly, but I sure could have cheated. He wrote checks but I balanced everything, did the business accounting, etc.
My BIL, at 68, has never written checks. He turned his sizable engineer paychecks over to the bank for his working life, and my sister did all the check writing and bill paying. Some ppl have the aptitude, some don't.
SW had an accounting background. CW appreciated that.
On the hate-SW site this is being characterized as spousal abuse by SW towards CW. :rolleyes:

I don't see any big deal about her controlling the finances. When I divorced my husband he had no idea what was in which bank account, I did the 50-50 thing honestly, but I sure could have cheated. He wrote checks but I balanced everything, did the business accounting, etc.
My BIL, at 68, has never written checks. He turned his sizable engineer paychecks over to the bank for his working life, and my sister did all the check writing and bill paying. Some ppl have the aptitude, some don't.
SW had an accounting background. CW appreciated that.
On the hate-SW site this is being characterized as spousal abuse by SW towards CW. :rolleyes:

Lots of people trust their spouses to handle the finances. When my grandmother died years ago, my grandfather didn't even know how to write a check.

Some suspect CW is a psychopath. I know that I do. A psychopath can never be trusted with money. Just speculating if Shanann experienced some red flags with him over money and that might be why she handled the finances.

IIRC He told his folks that he plead guilty "for a reason". He also pretty much told them to buzz off before the plea deal, not allowing calls with them that whole period from his arrest to his plea deal. CW admitted that his defense team asked him "about 100 times" if he wanted to accept the plea deal.
SBM

He sure made himself a hero by taking the plea deal and avoiding trial. He claims he wanted to save time, money, and a whole lot of agony from countless people involved, including the Rzuceks.

Reality: He didn't want to receive the death penalty for killing 4 people. That was his reason.

True - and he could only get his hands on enough cash in which to pay the babysitter because he lied to Shanann about why he needed the babysitter.

He couldn't get his hands on the cash needed to pay for his dinner with NK, because Shanann didn't know he was going out to dinner, so he had to use a credit card. Shanann received an alert.

This paints a picture to me of a man whose wife did not trust him with money or with the mail. JMO, there's a good reason for that.

I get alerts on my credit card so that I know no one has managed to get my info via a card reader or whatever other new schemes are out there

Last edited:
I do all of the paying of bills and open the mail for any bills.

My husband does all car maintenance and house maintenance. He cleans and cooks.

It is a division of labor. I am not going out to change a tire.

I think that he used the credit card at the restaurant because he just didn't care anymore. After all, Shanann was going to be killed one day later. Just didn't matter anymore.

I think that he used the credit card at the restaurant because he just didn't care anymore. After all, Shanann was going to be killed one day later. Just didn't matter anymore.

I'm surprised he only charged the dinner on the credit card. He could have went hog wild that night with his mistress and treated her to all kinds of fancy things and charged it all on that credit card. He already had decided that he was going to kill Shanann already then. IMO

I'm surprised he only charged the dinner on the credit card. He could have went hog wild that night with his mistress and treated her to all kinds of fancy things and charged it all on that credit card. He already had decided that he was going to kill Shanann already then. IMO
Ahh, your comment reminds me about the Monat charge that got rejected by the credit card co the early morning he killed her.

Maybe after seeing the restaurant charge, Shanann put an alert on the account so that no one could charge anymore, forgetting about the automatic shipment schedule.

Interesting article about pleas and death penalty
BBM

“At the crux of the divide, district attorneys disagree on whether the possibility of the death penalty is necessary to facilitate plea deals on potential capital cases and avoid lengthy, costly murder trials. Without the death penalty, more defendants will be able to plead to second-degree murder, district attorneys who oppose repeal warned, though they clarified that they wouldn’t seek death in a case that didn’t merit it simply to obtain a plea.”

“Without this tool that we have at our disposal right now, reserved for the worst of the worst, those pleas simply don’t happen,” said Republican Weld County District Attorney Michael Rourke, citing the recent case of a Frederick man who pleaded guilty to murdering his family to avoid the death penalty. “Chris Watts doesn’t have an incentive at that point.”
Death penalty repeal bill divides Colorado district attorneys

Interesting conversation possibly about having leverage with a death penalty.

Years ago, investigators did not think they would ever be able to make somebody confess unless they coerced them, made them so tired or perhaps even did stuff like on the TV show Chicago PD. If you know what I mean.

Perhaps law enforcement and the FBI are very interested in him as to how this interview with him work so perfectly to have him confess. I must say, it has made me look into other websites that analyzes confessions of perpetrators and murderers. I think one was listed above, but I don't think we're allowed to relist it again, but it was very interesting to subscribe to that YouTube and to see other confessions and how they do such and it being analyzed.

Usually, with murders and crimes, I prefer information versus analysis by the Talking Heads.

But I did find these YouTube videos very insightful as far as how investigators have changed their ways since the old days of what now is illegal investigative techniques.

I bet the old folks thought this could never be done, but Tammy with a striped sweater like mine did such a great job!

Is there a thread here that is focused on confessions of criminals and Analysis? I know we have a thread for podcast for criminal stuff, so I thought perhaps there was one for confessions and Criminal analysis.

...On the hate-SW site this is being characterized as spousal abuse by SW towards CW. :rolleyes:
snipped by me.
CW fans still have the unmitigated gall to make excuses for him? I guess that's not surprising. Well before he pleaded guilty and all the evidence was released, there was a completely false rumor posted on a video saying that he raped Bella and Cece prior to murdering them. A good number of his fans were still supporting him anyway, saying it was all Shanann's fault and that he just needed a good woman (like them, I suppose). So sickening.

This case is so horrific already and then to have those deranged idiots making excuses for him is just too much. I requested my previous account be deleted because I couldn't take it anymore and needed a break. I can't imagine what Shanann's family and friends have gone through.

JMO, he may have resented her control of his access to money way more than Shanann ever realized. His fake persona is golly gee, I'm such an easy-going, nice guy and Shanann is so good at accounting, blah, blah, blah, so she handles all he finances. He acted like he was perfectly ok with that arrangement.

Psychopaths really don't want the adult responsibility of setting a budget, living within that budget and paying bills on time, so in a way, he was probably happy to not have that burden. That said, what they really want to do is impulsively pleasure themselves with the things that money can buy and they will pull big cons to try to get control of it so they can hide how it is being spent.

It's interesting that Shanann was the one who was getting all of the mail. If I had to venture a guess - she was trying to monitor that, too.

I believe you and I have shared a similar experience and JMO, it goes beyond money, it's really pure evil. Money is a common theme and if they are able to get their hands on it, they blow through it at lightning speed and they lie, lie, lie. They feel they are entitled and no one else matters. He may have been secretly seething that he couldn't get his hands on money and it's interesting he kept bringing up having to use that credit card on his dinner date with NK, and that Shanann was alerted that he used it at a restaurant.

All JMO
Yes, to all of this!

snipped by me.
CW fans still have the unmitigated gall to make excuses for him? I guess that's not surprising. Well before he pleaded guilty and all the evidence was released, there was a completely false rumor posted on a video saying that he raped Bella and Cece prior to murdering them. A good number of his fans were still supporting him anyway, saying it was all Shanann's fault and that he just needed a good woman (like them, I suppose). So sickening.

This case is so horrific already and then to have those deranged idiots making excuses for him is just too much. I requested my previous account be deleted because I couldn't take it anymore and needed a break. I can't imagine what Shanann's family and friends have gone through.
Yup. For some people, hate takes precedence over evidence and reason.

In this case, it was a strong dislike of Shanann, an attraction to CW, or a mix of both.

People wanted to believe a certain thing, and manipulated evidence, ignored facts, and built a ridiculous narrative around what they wanted to believe.

That’s all fine and well, until you take to the internet and viciously attack a victim and her family.

These people are sick.

snipped by me.

I don't belong to the FB site, I can only imagine how much worse that daily sewage barrage is compared to occasional YT pods. But, from what I understand, they are forming some sort of support group for those who have been "triggered" by the spousal abuse CW endured from SW.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I take it they don't consider brutal murder being "spousal abuse". But home videos posted on FB are, and of all things, putting the kids in home videos is child abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa