OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#46

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having known FW for many years, my thoughts are that religion is used as a crutch. Anything necessary to have total control. Pitiful... Again, JMO.

I agree. The desire to control the lives of your whole family, down to their personal choices and daily activities comes from either a narcissistic personality or insecurity/paranoia or a combination. Religion is just a tool some people use to enforce or justify it.

The giveaway is when those "religious" folks behave as if they're above the law and the rights of others are irrelevant.

TBH, they were never held fully accountable for their previous criminal activity, so they felt immune from any repercussions for murder. Add in the Boondock Saints self-indoctrination and they created their own reality.

I agree. The desire to control the lives of your whole family, down to their personal choices and daily activities comes from either a narcissistic personality or insecurity/paranoia or a combination. Religion is just a tool some people use to enforce or justify it.

The giveaway is when those "religious" folks behave as if they're above the law and the rights of others are irrelevant.

TBH, they were never held fully accountable for their previous criminal activity, so they felt immune from any repercussions for murder. Add in the Boondock Saints self-indoctrination and they created their own reality.

Absolutely agree 100%. I also feel they have bid people to do dirty work for them in the past for a buck so they could keep their hands clean. It goes back to my comment after the Oxygen episode of Fredericka being a great person. I think people were taken advantage of but in their eyes, she helped them.

Has anyone possibly confirmed if this is the same Lucasville Mission? Read the news clip in the post. This female evangelist was also a resident of RT 2, Flying W original paperwork states RT 2, but I'm not sure what all was RT2 in the '70's.
All Things Wildly Considered: International Works of Faith -- Geraldine Conway

At first I thought going into this discussion could be off topic, but since Frederickas church was mentioned in the article around her assets and we know BCI took records from the church, I'm hopeful it's ok to try and explore its possible origins.

Also seems possible it could have been used for tax avoidance.

I think it is very interesting that the same attorneys have been with the Ws forever, in all their dirty business and arrests. Frank Gerlach, in this article, is RN's current attorney. RNR, family and attorney, many many times represented them. MM, the one in big do dee now, their attny friend. And let's not forget Marshall, who resigned. And PFP is on tons of property deals. All on court and property records of the 5 Wags/codefendants in this case, however FW is not charged with capital offenses as the other 4 are. JMO

Very relevant observations, thanks for bringing it up. Those long term relationships also include prosecutors, judges and others inin business and thecriminal justice system. Boss Hogg.

Some might say its a shame FW didn't end up with more serious charges. Others might say its a miracle this has even gotten as far as arrest and prosecution.

Alaska - 2017 - where were the W4 and when?
Now, don't get excited just yet. I've been looking at MSM articles trying to piece together their time in AK. There are bits and pieces in various articles. I'm just going to pull some of the quotes I found. Of course, also some conflicting information.

November 13, 2018
At a press conference in Ohio Tuesday, Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine said the investigation team traveled thousands of miles to ten separate states as a direct result of this investigation. “That includes some very significant time in Alaska,” he said.

But innocent until proven guilty, right? Sen. Peter Micciche of Soldotna remembers thinking that when the family moved to the area.

"Speaking to the police here — Since the knowledge of them moving into town for the 11 months they lived on the Kenai — I know of no issues that occurred here in Alaska," Micciche said.

Kenai residents resting easy after Wagner family arrest

November 14, 2018
Ohio investigators probing the Rhoden family murders followed the four arrested suspects in the Wagner family more than 4,000 miles from Pike County to Kenai, Alaska — and then back again.
In April 2017, Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine had not named any of the Wagners as suspects in the case. But he asked the public to cough up more information about Jake Wagner, his mother Angela Wagner, his father, George “Billy” Wagner III, and brother George Wagner IV. At the time, all lived in Alaska.
The family — according to Kelly Cinereski, a pastor friend in Seward, a two-hour drive from Kenai — long sought to live in Alaska and made three trips there in the past decade. The family even attended church on the peninsula, he said.
Brad Conklin, of Kenai, told News Center 7's affiliate station in Alaska that the Wagners had "pretty much kept to themselves" before leaving Alaska in May.

After 19 months and more than 4,000 miles, focus on Wagner family turns into arrests for Pike County murders

November 14, 2018
Four members of a family charged Tuesday with a notorious, execution-style massacre of eight people in Ohio spent at least six months living in Alaska starting last summer.
In a news conference in Ohio on Tuesday, Ohio attorney general and governor-elect Mike DeWine said detectives working on the case spent "some very significant time in Alaska" during the two-year murder probe.
During the spring of 2017, they vacationed in Alaska while authorities in Ohio searched their farmhouse, news reports said at the time.
It's not clear whether they worked while in Kenai. Locals said they kept a very low-profile.
Public records show the Wagners had a few minor interactions with Alaska authorities as they began to cement their life in their new home.
Mother Angela Wagner registered to vote in Alaska on July 3. So did father George "Billy" Wagner. Later that summer he was fined for not having enough life jackets onboard a boat. He paid the fine.
Other than the speeding ticket, Kenai police said they had no interactions with the Wagners, said chief David Ross.
The family moved back to Ohio in the spring of 2018, DeWine said at the press conference. The Kenai Police Department and Alaska State Troopers both said they were not involved in the investigation and arrests.

Family accused of Ohio massacre spent months living quietly in an Alaska mobile home

June 20, 2017
Ohio officials issued a media release Monday seeking any information about George "Billy" Wagner III, 46; his wife, Angela, 46; and their two sons, George Wagner IV, 25, and Edward "Jake" Wagner, 24. The Wagner family lived at a Peebles farm that authorities searched last month

"Investigators are interested in receiving information regarding any interactions, conversations, dealings or transactions that the public may have had with these individuals, which could be personal, business, or otherwise," said the news release which also included what appeared to be Ohio driver's license photos of each of them. "Specifically, information could include, but is not limited to, information regarding vehicles, firearms and ammunition."
The Wagner family sold the 71-acre farm in rural Peebles this spring and packed their belongings in trailers and pick-up trucks and stored those at a friend's Adams County farm -- which authorities also searched in May -- while they took a trip to Alaska earlier this month. Angela Wagner called that trip a family vacation in an interview with The Enquirer in early June.
Angela Wagner, reached on Facebook Monday, declined to comment on the advice of her lawyer.
Conklin said he saw young children at the Alaska home Monday. He said they all seemed happy.
Conklin said the family arrived driving two heavy-duty pickup trucks pulling a large horse trailer and another 24-foot-long trailer covered with a tarp and have been in the process of unpacking it.

Jake Wagner told Conklin it took the family about a week to drive to Alaska and they got stopped at the Canadian border in North Dakota. Officials there made them unload the trailers and reload them before letting them pass through.

Alaskan meets his new neighbors: A family named in Rhoden massacre investigation

June 28, 2017
"We're not where we were two months ago. We're further along than we were two months ago," DeWine told The Enquirer before a gubernatorial campaign event in Cincinnati. "We had a significant leap in where we were."

The family sold its Peebles farm in March and packed its belongings earlier this month in a horse trailer and on a 40-foot flatbed trailer and moved more than 4,000 miles to Kenai (pronounced keen-eye), Alaska. Police searched the Peebles farm, the Wagners' packed belongings as well as a 2,000-acre farm owned by Billy Wagner's parents in mid-June.
During those searches, the Wagners were in Alaska on a "family vacation," Angela Wagner has said. They returned to Alaska last week and moved into a rental home in a wooded area just north of the city of 7,000 residents.
Angela Wagner declined the Enquirer's request for an interview outside of her Alaskan home Monday, referring all questions to Clark.
Some family members and acquaintances of the Rhoden and Wagner families have alleged that Billy Wagner and Chris Rhoden, Sr., had a confrontation several weeks before the killings and that Jake Wagner and Hanna Rhoden were involved in a bitter custody dispute over Sophia.

Clark and Angela Wagner said neither is true.
Lawyer: Mike DeWine is harassing family in Rhoden case that moved to Alaska

June 20, 2017
The Wagner family sold the 71-acre farm this spring and packed their belongings in trailers and pick-up trucks and stored those at a friend's Adams County farm — which authorities also searched in May — while they took a trip to Alaska earlier this month. Angela Wagner called that trip a family vacation in an interview with The Enquirer in early June.
Angela Wagner, reached on Facebook Monday, declined to comment on the advice of her lawyer.
Conklin said he saw young children at the Alaska home Monday. He said they all seemed happy.
Conklin said the family arrived driving two heavy-duty pickup trucks pulling a large horse trailer and another 24-foot-long trailer covered with a tarp and have been in the process of unpacking it.

Jake Wagner told Conklin it took the family about a week to drive to Alaska and they got stopped at the Canadian border in North Dakota. Officials there made them unload the trailers and reload them before letting them pass through.
"That's just about the only trouble they mentioned," Conklin said.

Family named in Ohio massacre investigation moves to Alaska

June 20, 2017
Alaskan meets his new neighbors: A family named in Rhoden massacre investigation

July 1, 2017
The Wagners, who drove from Ohio in three trucks with trailers, keeping in touch vehicle-to-vehicle with CB radios, are trying their best to blend into the remote community which has a population a little over 7,000.
His sons, who both have trucks with large CB radio aerials with Ohio registration plates, work as mechanics and travel daily to tend to assignments they can find, loading their tools into the trunks of their trucks.
The family attended the Immannuel Baptist Church, about a 20 minute drive from their home.
DailyMail.com asked George Jr why they had put down new roots in Alaska and if the police scrutiny was wearing his family down, but he refused to comment.
He (Clark) said the Wagners had supplied police with invaluable information to help the investigation.

Pictured, people in laser focus of multiple murder hunt | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Very relevant observations, thanks for bringing it up. Those long term relationships also include prosecutors, judges and others inin business and thecriminal justice system. Boss Hogg.

Some might say its a shame FW didn't end up with more serious charges. Others might say its a miracle this has even gotten as far as arrest and prosecution.
Yet.......................

From Franklin County, OH courts, here's an informational paper with rules about status conferences in the Court of Common Pleas. Very informative as to purposes for it, who attends, etc. It can even be conducted as a conference call.

https://www.fccourts.org/gen/WebFront.nsf/wp/DA9937FBE016A822852575A7003C173C/$FILE/LocalRule_41.pdf

whether held by telephone conference call or in person, the discussion should include, but not be limited to:
1.Joinder of parties;
2.Third-party practice;
3.Amendment of the pleadings;
4.Issues concerning jurisdiction and venue;
5.Service of process;
6.Default judgment;
7.Motions under Civil Rules 12, 19 and 56;
8.Issues concerning the statute of limitations;
9.Proper classification and tracking assignment ofi.the case;
10.The need for alteration of the schedule of events onii.the track;
11.Use of arbitration, mediation, or other means of iii.dispute resolution; and
12.Settlement.

JMO, I don't think it's public, but the results are probably made public. IANAL.

Looking at other search results online, it appears for these cases, this might be a time (though not the only time) when a plea deal can be made.

IANAL. JMO.

Does it seem strange to anyone that they have not tried to have this moved out of the county? Or do you feel that since they have such a feeling of entitlement they want to remain in Pike Co because they feel no one will convict them there?
I do not think they will plead it out, one will not condemn the others and I think for one to plead out they would have to throw the others to the wolves. None of these boys are letting AW go down alone . IMO I think they will take the one to trail they have the best case against first, giving them a better chance of conviction on the remaining members. I'm intrigued by how this will play out and who LE actually presents as the shooters at trial. It concerns me that it took so long to have enough evidence for GJ indictment. It's either very thin or rock solid, not sure which. I feel if they had good DNA it would have been an immediate arrest??

Last edited:
Ha! Then you'll like to hear this. When Billy was caught by police officers with a bunch of stolen property in his shed, he claimed he just bought the stuff off some unknown guy and can he just "pay a fine."

He had that same type of attitude in Lexington. "What's going on?" And "I guess so." While handcuffed and while in front of the judge. That attitude of "I don't know what's going on can mommy's money take care of it?

He skirts by on gun charges and on 3 counts of receiving stolen property. Rich mommy and daddy were always there to "take up for him." Am I reading too much into it and really he's a genius pretending to only have a 7th grade education? Nah...I don't think so.....LOL.....

CC...I don't understand why he's stealing in the first place? FW and Flying W farm is extremely well known for the Friesian horses they breed, and have been breeder of the year in 2016. Also well known in the miniature horse world and get $5-8,000 each. The Friesians go for much more. So why does he need to steal? I'm not clear how involved he was with the breeding operation but it seems mom would have made sure he was taken care of?? I understand the mentality from a rural upbringing, I understand the gun mentality but not why he was stealing and not sure if I believe Angela was under his thumb. He came from a dominate female family, so it seems he would marry someone of similar traits.

Very difficult to control your assets after you have left this earth...
AW, GWW3, GWW4, EJW or even RW could include Suds in their wills...

I meant, write that line all the way out. Leave G3 a buck and the family portrait. If RW or RAW wants to leave her something, then that would be on them. My ex was to get zip had he outlived his father.

CC...I don't understand why he's stealing in the first place? FW and Flying W farm is extremely well known for the Friesian horses they breed, and have been breeder of the year in 2016. Also well known in the miniature horse world and get $5-8,000 each. The Friesians go for much more. So why does he need to steal? I'm not clear how involved he was with the breeding operation but it seems mom would have made sure he was taken care of?? I understand the mentality from a rural upbringing, I understand the gun mentality but not why he was stealing and not sure if I believe Angela was under his thumb. He came from a dominate female family, so it seems he would marry someone of similar traits.

Do you have more information about the horse breed that you named?

Georgian Grande Horse - Wikipedia

But Uhl — contacted by the newspaper — disputes the Highway Patrol’s records in the incident. The gun was not pointed at a woman’s head, he told the newspaper, “He was flashing it at us.”

“He wouldn’t let me pass him,” Uhl said, recalling his car and the Jeep both met at a stoplight. “There was never a gun held to anyone’s head, he just held up the gun to say, ‘I mean business.’”

Father charged in Pike County murders had past brushes with law

That was 18 years ago, and Uhl said there wasn't anyone else in the car, today. The LEOs report says that AW was in the vehicle. There may have been multiple reports?

Given the enmeshment observations, does anyone else think this enmeshment is a result of some religious beliefs or practices? FW brings the cross, the Bible, etc. into all her interviews.

I think that this is just a very clannish family. The Rs were a very enmeshed family but I've not seen where they were regular attendees at any specific church (they did attend but I got the feel it wasn't every Sunday). It's not uncommon for families in this region to be clannish and very protective of their own.

It looks to me as if FW created a new breed of horse and the registry is her own registry.

I have thought for a while that this horse breed is a thorny issue. A lot of people stand to possibly lose money if that horse registry is owned by her and she created a 'new' breed. jmo. moo.

Has anyone possibly confirmed if this is the same Lucasville Mission? Read the news clip in the post. This female evangelist was also a resident of RT 2, Flying W original paperwork states RT 2, but I'm not sure what all was RT2 in the '70's.
All Things Wildly Considered: International Works of Faith -- Geraldine Conway

At first I thought going into this discussion could be off topic, but since Frederickas church was mentioned in the article around her assets and we know BCI took records from the church, I'm hopeful it's ok to try and explore its possible origins.

BBM

Thus far, I've felt that it was not. Either that, or one congregation moved from the property on Mt. Etna, and another church moved into the Mt. Etna property.

Does it seem strange to anyone that they have not tried to have this moved out of the county? Or do you feel that since they have such a feeling of entitlement they want to remain in Pike Co because they feel no one will convict them there?
I do not think they will plead it out, one will not condemn the others and I think for one to plead out they would have to throw the others to the wolves. None of these boys are letting AW go down alone . IMO I think they will take the one to trail they have the best case against first, giving them a better chance of conviction on the remaining members. I'm intrigued by how this will play out and who LE actually presents as the shooters at trial. It concerns me that it took so long to have enough evidence for GJ indictment. It's either very thin or rock solid, not sure which. I feel if they had good DNA it would have been an immediate arrest??

Iirc, in the state of Ohio, they must try to seat an impartial jury, before moving the case out of county.

BBM

Thus far, I've felt that it was not. Either that, or one congregation moved from the property on Mt. Etna, and another church moved into the Mt. Etna property.

Thanks. I’m not sure either which is why I asked. The church didn’t move to Mt Etna until 2006 according to this. In the end, I guess it doesn't really matter who started it. Things can change after so many years.

‘The Lucasville Mission was formerly located on Maplewood street in Lucasville from 1959 thru 2006; In 2007 the Mission moved to 718 Mt Etna Road, Piketon, Ohio 45661 where it is still located. GPS 718 Mt Etna Road, Piketon 45661 or the house next door which is 799 Mt Etna Road and that will get you here. We hope those children who grew up in the Mission at Lucasville will bring their children and come join us for Mission VBS 2016. We look forward to having you here. Come as you are, everyone welcome.”

WUKV 88.3 FM Radio Station Information - Radio Lineup

Last edited:

I don't think that she just dished out money to them. The horses are pricey, but so is running a horse farm. Not all wealthy families give to their children. My ex's father was worth millions and you'd not know it, and my ex never got it and never knew he was written out, either. One reason he didn't? Because he acted like a donkey... Lots of folks don't give to their child who is going to blow it and then keep doing what they were doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann