Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #100

Status
Not open for further replies.
A strange thought occurred to me, and it's wild speculation, I admit. Highly unlikely. But the owner of the place that got searched also owns a small tract of land on Deer Creek, downstream from where the girls were found. If something suspicious traveled downstream and was located on that property, by chance, maybe LE's first stop was the landowner's home?
MSM said the search was conducted due to tips called in to LE
and tips were connected to a person living in the home. Person
was interviewed but not arrested, according to Daily Mail, 2/17/17

An interesting test that I would like to be part of.

I'm walking down a trail, distracted with my own thoughts and someone passes me. Maybe we say "hey" in passing, maybe nothing at all.

Now I'm asked to recall and describe this person to someone, then give facial features, etc. Wonder how I would do? How far off or close with that sketch that *I* described resembled the actual person?
I have been playing this game with myself for two weeks now. I think I would be the worst witness ever. I pick up a general impression of the person but could not tell you if their face was heart shaped or angular or if they had a button nose or bump in their nose. I have even asked myself after checking out at the grocery store how would i describe the cashier and I’m surprised at how little I would be able to tell someone.

or maybe someone who was supposed to go back to Delphi this summer won't go back. Maybe they will find another job in another town. I doubt it bc I think whomever did this is too hooked into the attention and fascination about his own actions (I agree he's a narcissist) and wants to be involved in it again. He also probably assumes people will never catch on to him.

My guess he'll either flee if the opportunity presents itself or act as if nothing happened. Then when cornered fight suicide by cop?

I’ve been meaning to ask, speaking of LE outwardly addressing the perp as a coward, does anyone recall past cases where LE specifically addressed the perp as such? Just wondering how often they take this risk of engaging and agitating the perp, if this is a common technique and under what circumstances so to speak.

I’m also curious to compare all the PCs in Jessica Ridgeway’s case, but haven’t been able to revisit that emotionally. The reason why I refer to her case specifically is that LE stated they thought the killer was local. They also knew at the time that they were dealing with someone very sadistic (we didn’t know at the time what they knew at the time, about her backpack found with her eyeglasses and urine soaked clothing and cross pendant inserted into her partial remains.)

I guess what I’m wondering is if at the time did LE refer to him as a coward, etc. I can’t remember bc all I can remember is being huddled with my community in a hall as we watched the PC together that her remains (which was her partial torso) had been found and all I remember from that PC is throwing my hat across the room like a frisbee.

Last edited:
Interesting you think it was his first time.

I have to say I think it was definitely not the first time. Trying to subdue 2 victims is just crazy, takes balls and experience. I think he’s done it before and will do it again. Especially when you see his walk, and how he certainly had a plan and didn’t look nervous.

I think he returned too. I think he may have even comforted the family. I think he is one of those people in the community you never expect, the type people say is upstanding and has their respect.

JMO

Any strange crimes reported in Delphi or surrounding areas before the murders? Attempted rape, assaults, kidnapping of young children, teens, adults?
Austin Sig attempted to assault/kidnap a woman but she fought him off so his next target was a young girl. ugh...disturbing.

@K.jill Witness can sometimes lead LE on wild goose chases and they were honestly trying their best to provide accurate information.

I remember watching a segment on Dateline (maybe?) years ago where people were standing in line to get into a theater or something. They had staged actors, the victim and the perp. The perp runs up and takes off with a ladies purse, takes it right out of her hand and takes off. The people in line that witnessed it were asked to describe the person. Yeah, most of the them were not even close. Think there was one person who was spot on.

I didn't say it was a clue, my opinion is he either deliberately mentioned it or it was stupid (a mistake ) to mention it. I do not believe BG has a conscience or he would have come forward a long time ago. I do know there has been arrests in that other case, including someone from Delphi, so they did not need to mention her name as the connection (i.e. Delphi ) is already there. Same with the "shack" - there is already an apparent connection to shacks, sheds, abandoned building etc. There may also be other arrests to come in that other case too, we don't know yet. LE have mentioned the abandoned building and have indeed outrightly asked for tips about that.

The main suspect in the Nicole Bowen case does have ties to Delphi as well. One of them is very curious to me. I read the rules and think I'm allowed to post it but still a little unsure. It's something publicly mentioned on his open Facebook page. Is this something I can post here? I wasn't sure since he's a suspect in Nicole's case and not necessarily the girls.

"Hiding in plain sight"
Who could kill two girls and then just vanish, because most people would never suspect them. Who could pass background checks because they have no record? Who could have ties to the community yet maybe have spent time away,and come back? (A Hero/Coward)
I started a list of possibilities
Clergy, or offspring of clergy.
Teacher
Coach
Youth leader,camp councelor
Military veteran
MOO

The appearance of an upstanding citizen with dark secrets.

The murders happened on a Monday, in the afternoon. So why was the BG at the park that day? Does he work a night shift and was stopping by the park after work? Is he unemployed (he's not retired with the age range given by LE)? Did he call off work? The schools were shut down that Monday, was he off of work in connection with the schools?
Maybe, he was on sick leave with an injured right knee/leg (or with another illness)?
Maybe, he is a freelance something?
Maybe, independent such as a farmer's son?

MSM said the search was conducted due to tips called in to LE
and tips were connected to a person living in the home. Person
was interviewed but not arrested, according to Daily Mail, 2/17/17

I’m certain there have been many other search warrants related to the case aside from the two the media caught wind off.

At best, as somebody else already mentioned it’s proven a successful means to houseclean the town.

Delphi tip line leads to dozens of unrelated arrests

I don’t think he was dumb enough to return anyways.

It was way too soon, and he’d probably just done something that he’d never done before.

His adrenaline high would likely still be going, and it would be an unnecessary risk.
I wonder if maybe it was a kind of situation where he was almost compelled to help search. If say one or more of his family, maybe that he even lived with, were close enough to either of the girl's families or where very involved in the community, he may have been put in a situation of having to accompany people who would drop everything to help search. I don't know, thinking outloud on what would get him there, back to the scene.

I agree, and this is why I can't get on board with the idea that BG is a teacher, coach, or clergy. As soon as the second sketch was released, it would be, "Hey, it's Mr. Magoo!" or "Heavens, that's Friar Tuck!" I'm not trying to make light, but those kinds of people would surely stand out, IMO.
How do we know people haven’t contacted LE and identified him?

I don't think the creep needs anymore heads up information.

There are plenty of opinions here. This forum is not for the above type of commentary imo. If this forum allows condescending remarks or ridicule I’ll gladly go elsewhere.

The main suspect in the Nicole Bowen case does have ties to Delphi as well. One of them is very curious to me. I read the rules and think I'm allowed to post it but still a little unsure. It's something publicly mentioned on his open Facebook page. Is this something I can post here? I wasn't sure since he's a suspect in Nicole's case and not necessarily the girls.

I don't think someone's FB is a legit source. Best ask a mod or tip it to police or both.

Where are the map wizards? What could a route look like that involves a vehicle. I agree that returning via the cemetery makes most sense. It is a straight shot to the dump site.

You'd think so right? But have you ever had a portrait done by
a traveling artist at a resort or fair? Some artists are pretty good
but some aren't. I don't think such a sketch will end up looking much like the perp but it's only trying to give basic visual clues.
It won't be an exact replica of the perp.
It's also meant to get people thinking and talking about the perp.
If the pic seems to be an exact replica of the perp - then the pic has to be wrong, probably? ;) I'm asking myself, seriously .... :(

I was in that school once, but after the Holman July '17 interview, the crossing the creek seemed to be implied. With this latest revelation of the vehicle being at an abandoned building that afternoon, then I am now revisiting it all in my head. BG on the trails and phoning an accomplice to come around to the end of the bridge in the vehicle where he directs them down the hill to the vehicle and they return to the abandoned building. Girls are then brought back much later to back of cemetery and taken down to the area where they are left. I am not discounting it anyway. I would also like to know what company demolished the building. And, you're right that LE have said the reconstructions have not got it correct so that is interesting (unless they are lying about that to deliberately mislead perp or public).
In any scenario where the perp takes the girls to a second location and then brings them back, my question would be "why there?" Why would you bring them back to the very location they went missing and would be searched for? There are so many rural, wild areas, and larger river systems that would be better disposal spots. JMO

Last edited:
Hi
I don't think someone's FB is a legit source. Best ask a mod or tip it to police or both.

This is the suspect in Nicole's murder public Facebook page. When I read through the rules, it seemed like if it was a public sm page for a suspect I could link it. It's just a place of work I found interesting which is why I was curious if I could share.

Any strange crimes reported in Delphi or surrounding areas before the murders? Attempted rape, assaults, kidnapping of young children, teens, adults?
Austin Sig attempted to assault/kidnap a woman but she fought him off so his next target was a young girl. ugh...disturbing.

(You know I looked that m;;&/$er ARS in the eyes right? I went out driving around sleuthing, he was the only person on the street when everyone else was locked in their houses terrified. I saw him and said, “nah, too young...”)

My blood pressure just spiked. Self imposed timeout. This is exactly why I didn’t want to watch the PCs but if someone is strong enough to and has time on their hands I’m very very curious how similar or dissimilar their words were.

Refer to page one of this thread.
4) If you feel you have a tip, by all means, phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675