CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t forget:

Chase Merritt said he was the last person to see Joey.

Doesn’t get any clearer than that.

Let the excuses begin!!!

IMO JMO MOO

Yes there is so much evidence it's hard to remember it all at times.

He said he 'definitely' knew he was the last person to see Joey.

CM is very much inline with other murderers like him. In the end often it's their very own words that helps to convict them.

Imo, CM will not be an exception either. I'm glad he ran his mouth as much as he did. The more he talked the more inconsistent his statements became.

The state has a lot to work with just by using the defendant's own words against him.

JMHO

IMO MOO etc etc...The faro scan is small potatoes. The biggest hurdle the defense has is the backdating and the call to QB. IMO, they have not done so, and that will be what sends the two timed felon to death row not a mock up of his truck. IMO.

The defense should spend more time on proving the alternative accounting system and that indeed the two timed felon was instructed by Joey to call and delete QB.....because Summer had a spending problem (cough cough).
IMO

BBM: Which is why the DT is focusing on it. Red Herring. Glove. Fit. Acquit. Etc.

Yes, remembered about arguing the whole weekend about why or why not Chase didn't pick up the call, yet nothing about why CJ was trying to get a hold of CM the night of the 4th. Anyone recall where she said she was if not with Merritt?

It's interesting in the jail house tapes, CM himself allows for the possibility he was not at home due to where he was calling CJ from at 9.30pm

I find this revealing because it was a private convo.

The difference here is that Dr. Rudin was the prosecutions witness until he wasn't because he excluded the truck. I am not blaming the prosecution for not calling him, I mean, what prosecutor would? LOL But Liscio was hired afterwards and what we heard today is just the beginning of what Rudin found "wrong" with his conclusion and how he got there. He doesn't even seem to be faulting Liscio 100% for this, he even said that the "holes may not be his holes", meaning to me, to be that the data he was given had the holes to begin with.
Or did they go with someone more competent who could speak more to the data?

It's interesting in the jail house tapes, CM himself allows for the possibility he was not at home due to where he was calling CJ from at 9.30pm

I find this revealing because it was a private convo.
I don't even doubt the movie watching happened, just that Merritt is manipulating people's memory as to when it occurred. First he was with CJ, then she wasn't. He was at home watching a movie, then he rembered they didn't own tv. It sounds a lot like the supposed meeting at Chik-fi-le.

It was quite odd listening to yesterday's testimony. McGee was at some points quite hostile towards Rudin I thought. I've heard of a hostile witness before but not really hostile counsel towards a witness who is testifying for them. I suppose it might have to do with not accepting parts of his work and treating him more as an independent witness for the court rather than a defence witness.

JMO

He probably felt he was losing control of his own witness which looks bad in front of the jury.

As for the excuse he was having a bad day about someone else reminds me how much I detest those who takes out their own problems on those not even involved. Gah.

Reminds of coworkers who walk in with a big chip on their shoulder about something that happened in their personal life ...then get all attitudinal against their coworkers who had no part in it.

Imo, These kind of personalities come across as very immature unable to control their snarky attitude, and instead must take it out on others not even involved in any of it in the first place. It comes across as if the others are somehow to blame.

It's awful to work with these kind of immature individuals who wind up making it a miserable environment for everyone.

Jmho

I don't even doubt the movie watching happened, just that Merritt is manipulating people's memory as to when it occurred. First he was with CJ, then she wasn't. He was at home watching a movie, then he rembered they didn't own tv. It sounds a lot like the supposed meeting at Chik-fi-le.
Dont forget about the clubhouse with the very poor cell reception. CJ tried to weakly use this as an explanation as to why he wouldnt respond to his calls.

Yes, remembered about arguing the whole weekend about why or why not Chase didn't pick up the call, yet nothing about why CJ was trying to get a hold of CM the night of the 4th. Anyone recall where she said she was if not with Merritt?

She said she was home (and he might have been in the club house or on the grounds somewhere), but in the jail house recording he said 'It was a Thursday, you'd have been at school' when trying to "refresh" her memory.

It was quite odd listening to yesterday's testimony. McGee was at some points quite hostile towards Rudin I thought. I've heard of a hostile witness before but not really hostile counsel towards a witness who is testifying for them. I suppose it might have to do with not accepting parts of his work and treating him more as an independent witness for the court rather than a defence witness.

JMO

I thought the same. His questions and the manner in which he asked them were very similar to the 402 hearing. I really got the impression that this questioning isn't only about Rudin and his findings, it's also about Rudin and how the prosecution handled him as an expert as well as disputing Liscio's findings. And even with Liscio, I don't feel like Rudin was saying it was all Liscio's fault, it was the data he used and the way he did it, saying he basically used his process but with imperfect tools because he didn't have the right tools to do it. He referenced one program, 3D Max and said it was an animation tool (3ds Max | 3D Modeling, Animation & Rendering Software | Autodesk ???)

Dr. Rudin was way easier to listen to than I thought he would be, and he's funny in a Dr. Rudin sorta way lol

I also think this ties into the questioning of Bachman, when he was asked about the truck, what he did to match it, that they were trying to get someone, like Dr. Rudin, to look at the video, but hadn't by the time they questioned Merritt and they were telling him that they knew it was his truck, that they saw it on the video, etc. Which I think that Bachman/Hanke did actually believe that during that questioning even if they could lie to a suspect, they didn't think they were.

All JMO

Or did they go with someone more competent who could speak more to the data?

Really? is that what you believe, that Dr. Rudin is not more competent than Liscio? I can understand if you think you see something that he doesn't or whatever, but competency? The guy is all about the math and the science, the math and science doesn't lie in his opinion. I don't think he cares about Merritt or the defense or the prosecution. JMO

Really? is that what you believe, that Dr. Rudin is not more competent than Liscio? I can understand if you think you see something that he doesn't or whatever, but competency? The guy is all about the math and the science, the math and science doesn't lie in his opinion. I don't think he cares about Merritt or the defense or the prosecution. JMO
IMO, at this point, Rudin is just pimping his product and himself out for the money. When the PT went with someone else who could work around the court schedule, Rudin contacted the DT.

IMO, at this point, Rudin is just pimping his product and himself out for the money. When the PT went with someone else who could work around the court schedule, Rudin contacted the DT.

Oh, do you have info that Dr. Rudin couldn't testify on Feb 19th like he was scheduled to?

Liscio was hired on Feb 18th....

It's not a premise. It's a conclusion.
By yourself, not by the jury or prosecution. Absense of evidence is not evidence. But in the face of that, the jury has wonder where Riccobeene hasn't testified when the defense rests as well considering she was their major crutch. Now they're limping across the finish line.

Do you? Doesn't make a difference to me, Rudin is pimping as far as I'm concerned.

BBM I'm not the one that said "the PT went with someone else who could work around the court schedule". I was asking if you had information that supports that. I guess not?

Reactions: TRB
It's difficult to tell without visual but in the first part of yesterday's testimony I think he refers to a box on the front of the vehicle in the Mitchley video, which he says one explanation could be computer noise but he doesn't think so because he sees it in several different frames (or wtte).

He gets to the vehicle being underground but I'm wondering if in cross-exam it might emerge that he is treating the illumination on the back of the truck as Merritt's rear running light and not a reflection off the latch which is a lower point. I would assume though that the prosecution would have been able to work with him on that possibility, so maybe there was a different reason they didn't use him. I can totally see why the prosecution would not want to do an experiment with the actual truck, because it's impossible to recreate the exact lighting conditions of the night in question. Who knows what other lights were illuminated in the neighborhood that night. I've heard so much testimony about the truck now that I can't remember which testimony it was, it may have been Stutchman's, but they referred to street lights, neighbouring houses with porch lights and security lights etc, even (IMO - not testimony) the truck may have had a stick on reflector in February 2010 which was not there in 2014 when it had been sold and painted.

Like this one -

004.jpg

JMO

D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors