Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #103

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the toll it can be taking on Carter, but he needs to remain professional. What I mean is, when he talks at a press conference, I don't think it is pertinent to inject his own feelings/beliefs/thoughts about aspects of the case. Save that for the television. It seems like when this happens, some sleuths begin to cross the line between facts and emotional thoughts of Carter as they analyze his verbiage. I, at least, take a press conference more fact-injected and it's easy to get confused on what he is trying to tell us based upon his words, tone, and demeanor. MOO
I can understand DC making reference to the personal grip this case has on him. But he talks about it *so* much.

Respectfully, if you find out the who, you get the why. But why doesn't equal who. My only other thought about "why" is if he has a specific suspect in mind already. So it might make sense to ask "why" not "who".
That’s really not true though.

The “why” frequently leads to the “who.”

That’s precisely why law enforcement tries to figure out motive.

Respectfully, if you find out the who, you get the why. But why doesn't equal who. My only other thought about "why" is if he has a specific suspect in mind already. So it might make sense to ask "why" not "who".
I wonder if his "why" is meant more in a general sense. Just a frustrated person rhetorically asking nature, or God, or whatever, "Why?" Because it's horrible and unfair.

I can understand DC making reference to the personal grip this case has on him. But he talks about it *so* much.
Damned if you do, damned if you don’t I guess.

He gets personal, and he is criticized for being too emotional.

He doesn’t get personal, and he’s criticized for not caring.

Tough spot.

And there could be valuable clues from the extra audio we have not heard.

Because we may be able to tell the girls reaction to seeing the man and whether they felt they definitely did not know him at all or not.

Especially if they saw him long before the video starts. Maybe they saw him well before the video and maybe they kept talking about him to the point where he started gaining ground on them and they finally pulled out a phone to video him because it got creepier and creepier.

We know there is more we have not heard because it says so in the attached article. Hearing everything from the girls and how they reacted to the first sighting of BG and anything after that may give a valuable clue to someone.
It may even provide a clue as to where the BG was hiding before he popped up onto the bridge.

All I know for sure is I would want to release as much as possible to the public if I was LE and have not been able to identify the BG. If they need help identifying the BG then by golly give the public everything possible to let the public help. Sometimes others will pickup a clue that is not obvious to LE.

"State police say more audio from Libby German's cell phone was played for the victims' families, including a mention of a man they noticed behind them.Police say the girls mostly talk about "stuff girls talk about" in the recording, but they also mention the man."

Police: Delphi murder victims spoke of man behind them in audio played for family

There might be clues to assist in figuring out what occurred but LE neither needs or wants our help with that. But I doubt there’s clues to the identity of the murderer or LE could reveal that information in asking for tips without sharing the audio.

Carter already said the murderer wants to know that they know and I’m certain he does too, including exactly what was captured on that audio.

That’s really not true though.

The “why” frequently leads to the “who.”

That’s precisely why law enforcement tries to figure out motive.

And it's the reason various forums across the internet have spent the past 2.5 years and thousands of posts theorizing on BG and *why* he did it.

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t I guess.

He gets personal, and he is criticized for being too emotional.

He doesn’t get personal, and he’s criticized for not caring.

Tough spot.
I have no problem with him speaking about the personal impact on him. But, boy, he has referenced it so many times now. I mean, is there a single PC or interview where he makes no reference to it? Kind of out of the ordinary is all I'm saying.

There might be clues to assist in figuring out what occurred but LE neither needs or wants our help with that. But I doubt there’s clues to the identity of the murderer or LE could reveal that information in asking for tips without sharing the audio.

Carter already said the murderer wants to know that they know and I’m certain he does too, including exactly what was captured on that audio.
Yes, I suspect what BG is most afraid of is the audio, even if he just thinks the attacks might be on there. If he gets caught and goes to trial, not only would he have to sit through that audio, but so would his family and friends (if he has any), and everyone else in the courtroom. It's putting on display what a freak he is. Crime scene photos and speaking about the crime is one thing, hearing it live is another. IMO.

Yes, I suspect what BG is most afraid of is the audio, even if he just thinks the attacks might be on there. If he gets caught and goes to trial, not only would he have to sit through that audio, but so would his family and friends (if he has any), and everyone else in the courtroom. It's putting on display what a freak he is. Crime scene photos and speaking about the crime is one thing, hearing it live is another. IMO.
I get what you're saying. But I've seen enough cold-blooded murderers show no emotion or remorse at trial. I'm not sure they care what other people think. I mean, someone who'd kill two young teens for no reason is definitely not right in the mind.

Forgive if mentioned but Carter was just on HLN a few minutes ago. It was a bit different. He referenced the arson fire and evil in Delphi. I missed a word or two so I hope it comes out to be accessed and watched again.

HLN just now, Carter says ....If he hasn't killed before he is likely to do it again.

HLN just aired another snippet of their interview with Carter, but it doesn't seem to be the same content that someone else reported earlier.
<snip>

I do not want to keeping posting the same video but this is a Major Media Link to the May 23 Carter video from the ‘Morning Express’ hosted by Robin Meade on the HLN webpage:

Robin Meade Speaking to Carter on HLN Thursday May 23 Morning Express:
Are you going to CrimeCon in New Orleans? HLN's SusanHendricks will be there moderating a panel on the Delphi Murders, Saturday June 8th: She's scheduled to be joined on stage with some people very close to the case.
Link to Video

www.facebook.com/HLN/posts/185392105711412/

I apologize if this is a duplicate.

Last edited:
To me, too. I see nothing that BG's wearing that would point to any kind of vocation or that says anything about him other than that he's wearing average clothes that can be purchased at about any Rural King, Walmart, or other big box store that sells clothing and home items anywhere in the south or midwest. He's wearing what appear to be carpenter jeans (a little baggy, but that's the way that those kind of jeans fit anyway so they may not be too big on him), a blue jacket, and possibly a hoodie or hat. Something that my 73-year-old dad and 33-year-old husband both have in their closets-and one's a college professor who moonlights in SAR and the other sells firearms.
Oh my! Your post really got me thinking. My hubby wears most of his jeans baggy, he has a blue bomber jacket that looks just like that, hoodie he wears under it when chilled and numerous "caps". And, he looks heavier than he actually is, when he's dressed that way. SO, we're left with an average looking guy that looks like so many others :(

I've gone back an forth on the fence trying to decide if they have a suspect, but I'm beginning to strongly believe they do. I went back and listened to each of Carter's videos and they're starting to make more sense to me now. Maybe I've got some confirmation bias going on who knows...

Is there a consesus on Libby's phone 'pinging all over town'..? As a follow up - does anyone think it's plausible that the suspect finally got to Libby's phone and took it away from the scene only to return it later that night? Perhaps he was attempting to see what she had recorded and then decided to return it later. I realize what this implicates, but it could explain the 'twist' that was referred to early on.

It might also explain the area of town where one of the first warrants was served. JMO

Oh my! Your post really got me thinking. My hubby wears most of his jeans baggy, he has a blue bomber jacket that looks just like that, hoodie he wears under it when chilled and numerous "caps". And, he looks heavier than he actually is, when he's dressed that way. SO, we're left with an average looking guy that looks like so many others :(

Sadly, I think that's one of the problems. It's too general.

You know how when you're pregnant or something and suddenly you see pregnant women everywhere? I've seriously never noticed so many blue jackets in my life.

I've gone back an forth on the fence trying to decide if they have a suspect, but I'm beginning to strongly believe they do. I went back and listened to each of Carter's videos and they're starting to make more sense to me now. Maybe I've got some confirmation bias going on who knows...

Is there a consesus on Libby's phone 'pinging all over town'..? As a follow up - does anyone think it's plausible that the suspect finally got to Libby's phone and took it away from the scene only to return it later that night? Perhaps he was attempting to see what she had recorded and then decided to return it later. I realize what this implicates, but it could explain the 'twist' that was referred to early on.

It might also explain the area of town where one of the first warrants was served. JMO

Interesting thought, what would be the reason to return the phone though?

I think it was determined that the pings were just normal pings for the phones location, and did not indicate the phone travelling to a separate area. Imo

I think Patterson is a good example of how someone can commit a crime, and fly under the radar of suspicion.

In that case (Jayme Closs), they of course didn’t have an image of the perpetrator, or audio of his voice.

If they had though, I could still see him not being connected to that crime.

He was a loner, who rarely interacted with the outside world.

He lived in a bubble, had the benefit of living some distance away from the crime scene, and was never suspected of anything.

He’s not particularly intelligent, was brazen and reckless in the commission of his crime, and would have gotten away with it had Jayme not escaped.

BG and JP are very different in regards to the psychology behind their crimes, but they may have similar personalities.

BG might also be benefitting from similar isolation.

I always wondered if his family or close friends ever noticed any troubling red flags?

It is interesting how KG affirms that she believes the killer is local, from the area, as he's walking across that bridge with his hands in his pockets. She remarks how she crossed the bridge on her hands and knees! I'm not even sure I could do it that way looking at the condition and height of that bridge:eek: Her thoughts jive with what I have felt too, that whoever BG is, he is VERY familiar with the bridge and the terrain for all of that to have happened that quickly and get out of there without being seen or at minimum having gotten away with it thus far. It makes me wonder how LE ever thought it was just some random guy from God knows where that did this heinous deed. This perp is no stranger to the park although he may not live in Delphi now. JMT

Or is familiar with similar types of bridges and is a daredevil. He doesn't panic easily, enjoys pushing the limits. addicted to any rush he may get from crossing it. Or doesn't experience fear like others do.

I do find the comment about the phone "pinging all over town" very curious. Has this ever been affirmed by LE? How many cell towers serving the immediate area?

I imagine they immediately checked for strange prints on Libby's phone. If only Libby's were found it's unlikely he took it unless he was wearing gloves. Pretty hard to get a phone to do what you want it to without touching it unless you have a stylus. On the other hand, if it was wiped clean, that would be an indication that the perp was aware of Libby's phone and had touched it and wiped it clean.

Without LE confirming that the phone was moving around town, it's hard to say that it actually was. My own thoughts are, if it really was moving around town why not just come out and confirm it?

My brain is a little fried today so I hope some of that made some sense :) If not, sorry :(

Interesting thought, what would be the reason to return the phone though?

Good question. Seems highly risky and I can't think of a good answer unless somehow the suspect thought he'd make a mistake by trying to dispose of it somewhere else. Perhaps he just knew he could at some point later? Does anyone remember someone around the investigation (possibly Leazenby) that talked about the suspect moving around a lot? I can't remember, but I'll look.

I think it was determined that the pings were just normal pings for the phones location, and did not indicate the phone travelling to a separate area. Imo

Thanks MsBetsy. I wasn't sure how many towers were located around the area and if their positions/equipment would provide data for triangulation or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53