Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #104

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is exactly what is going on. I honestly think whomever is covering has some delusional belief about the greater purpose or mission of perpetuating this obstruction and obfuscation of information and justice. The sins of the father...

(Colored font by me)
The more/the longer I ponder the case, the more I think that the suspect may have a close tie (friend/family member) who is making/has made alibis for the suspect, and that the alibi-maker may be in a "people-type profession" (thereby not able to reveal confidential information). If these two hypotheses are true, then it would be an unusual twist in the case -- adding to the challenge for LE. All JMOO

It would be terribly sad if it were the case that the "couple" under the bridge was a couple of girls and in fact AW & LG, and if the searchers had not gone the other way, maybe they could have intervened? Not sure of the timeline between when Libby's granddad came upon the older man and how far the bridge was from that location. It probably was not close enough to get there in time.

Could you or anyone please link to who it was that mentioned the couple who were arguing under the bridge? I thought it was a woman and maybe even a FB post but not Libby’s dad, nor her grandad.

ETA. And iirc it was that same woman who said she didn’t see the girls.

I’d appreciate it because I’m unable to find the source, thanks.

Last edited:
Please Alert on broken quotes and do NOT requote them. You folks know what a broken quote looks like. They are very obvious. My brain is absolute mush from having to clean up a few pages of posts with broken quotes.

If there are any more tonight, I will remove them completely, along with any/all responses to them.

Could you or anyone please link to who it was that mentioned the couple who were arguing under the bridge? I thought it was a woman and maybe even a FB post but not Libby’s dad, nor her grandad.

I’d be interested in this too. I remember reading about that somewhere, but wasn’t sure if it was true

If the suspect can easily justify their DNA being there they would continue with the PCs (not if the DNA is from semen or a lot of blood - that would be tough to explain) IMO.

The former profilers appearances benefit them financially in some way IMO.

My vibe is they are looking at someone hard right now at the most and at the least they are moving in the right direction. The investigation just seems like it has momentum.
I don’t think they have any blood or semen DNA. Possibly some from a discarded cigarette or something like that but anyone walking there could toss a cigarette butt over the bridge. Like you said, that would be easy to justify. I hope your right because I don’t think they have a suspect in mind....but I hope they do soon. MOO

IMO If they had a full usable DNA profile of the suspect, obtained from the crime scene, and a clear suspect in mind, they would not need to continue with press conferences. Also, these former FBI profilers and such would not be doing interviews, giving opinions about this case etc. MOO Unfortunately, this is why I don’t think they have a suspect in mind or a full DNA profile. MOO

I wonder if JP could now help the profilers? I read about Ted Bundy doing it, and then GRK.

I don’t think they have any blood or semen DNA. Possibly some from a discarded cigarette or something like that but anyone walking there could toss a cigarette butt over the bridge. Like you said, that would be easy to justify. I hope your right because I don’t think they have a suspect in mind....but I hope they do soon. MOO
I hope so too. I really do.

It just seemed like “the couple” (male/female) was taken literally by some and I always thought well, maybe he meant he saw a couple of girls. “Hey, did you see a 2 girls in the area? Nah, saw a couple of them by the creek though.”

Yeah, it would be nice if that was clarified. A male/female couple, a couple of girls, an adult couple...I've seen it specified.

It would be terribly sad if it were the case that the "couple" under the bridge was a couple of girls and in fact AW & LG, and if the searchers had not gone the other way, maybe they could have intervened? Not sure of the timeline between when Libby's granddad came upon the older man and how far the bridge was from that location. It probably was not close enough to get there in time.
Moo, Abby and Libby were never actually under the bridge.

Without knowing who he is, there is no way of knowing he is from Delphi...simply the assumption that he is, at least, to some degree familiar with the park & bridge. He could go there once a year and walk on the bridge for all they know...imo.
I agree. I’m not convinced at all that he lives there. I think someone could spend a day or two exploring the area, walk across the bridge with no fear of heights/edges, and that person would probably park at the abandoned building. If it was someone that lived there, wouldn’t they park in a more secluded area or ride a bike. MOO

I think I saw it in Gray Hughes’ interview with BP and MP, and it was BP who mentioned it, but not that they argued. Merely “a couple under the bridge”, a very generic phrase. I remember her saying it because BP speaks in a certain dialect, and what she says stays in mind. (I don’t know whether it is that of Indiana...sounds more Southern to me, long vowels.)

I agree. I’m not convinced at all that he lives there. I think someone could spend a day or two exploring the area, walk across the bridge with no fear of heights/edges, and that person would probably park at the abandoned building. If it was someone that lived there, wouldn’t they park in a more secluded area or ride a bike. MOO

Probably not a bike, because that would be more memorable, but IMO they'd have parked in someplace less conspicuous.

Cheyenne Engles reported seeing the couple.
It’s in Item 2 of this article, though the arguing isn’t mentioned.

“I even walked all the way across the bridge and back. I only (saw) a guy when I first got there and another couple once I got on the bridge,” Cheyenne Mekisha Engles wrote. “I didn’t see the girls at all. I also didn’t take the trail that leads to the right. Only took the trail that lead to the bridge.”
Abigail Williams & Liberty German: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

*Edited for accuracy and add quote.

Last edited:
Could someone on a bike ride through some back trails, through the trees, down to the creek area? Is that even possible?

I mean, it's theoretically possible. The "trails" are rough in that they're not graveled or paved (there's a little gravel here and there), and the one going down to the creek isn't an official trail at all. More like animal tracks. Though I guess it's more prominent now due to the number of people who have walked it. But it would be a tough ride. You'd have to be in good shape and have a mountain bike. In some areas you'd not be on a trail at all. I couldn't do it. Going down maybe.

I mean, it's theoretically possible. The "trails" are rough in that they're not graveled or paved (there's a little gravel here and there), and the one going down to the creek isn't an official trail at all. More like animal tracks. Though I guess it's more prominent now due to the number of people who have walked it. But it would be a tough ride. You'd have to be in good shape and have a mountain bike. In some areas you'd not be on a trail at all. I couldn't do it. Going down maybe.
Makes sense. Mountain biking is tough especially with no real trail. I couldn’t do it either.

My vibe is they are looking at someone hard right now at the most and at the least they are moving in the right direction. The investigation just seems like it has momentum.
bbm
Maybe, this is a very extraordinary person to have in their view as a double murder suspect and they (LE) have a lot "to nibble" on that special problem. MOO

So both Cheyenne and OG saw a couple under the bridge? I’m assuming this couple was questioned by police. It seems so odd to me that a couple was under the bridge at roughly the same time this crime occurred. MOO

I corrected my post. The article didn’t say under the bridge. So it may have been on or under, I’m not sure.

Cheyenne Engles reported seeing the couple.
It’s in Item 2 of this article, though the arguing isn’t mentioned.

“I even walked all the way across the bridge and back. I only (saw) a guy when I first got there and another couple once I got on the bridge,” Cheyenne Mekisha Engles wrote. “I didn’t see the girls at all. I also didn’t take the trail that leads to the right. Only took the trail that lead to the bridge.”
Abigail Williams & Liberty German: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

*Edited for accuracy and add quote.

What if, by "couple", speaker above meant "a couple of individuals of the male persuasion, who may or may not have been a romantic couple"? I grant that in this situation I'd be more likely to say "I only (saw) a guy when I first got there and another couple [of guys/them] once I got on the bridge". It's not much of a straw, but IMO it is a straw, considering regionalisms. Plus, I've seen some purported "news outlets" who actually engage in the shoddy practice of "cleaning up" grammar of suspects/POI's - noted this in one particular horrible Upper Peninsula crime a few years back, where the only outfit of several who used the subject's bad subject/verb, singular/plural grammar mistakes intact, was MLive.com ... I was both impressed that they did so and horrified to realize that the other outlets had not; because to me, precise language is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa