CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #53 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
KOAA did this?? I assumed it was some podcaster or something, news to me. So media coverage is asked to be denied all together, even tweets? And if it is not denied, may be grounds for appeal? Why HELP PF out??

Wow. Again, news to me. Just absorbing this.
Is KUSA a typo?

Is KUSA a typo?

I saw that too which would never hint at that and one would never know, maybe why I did not know, however, in reading the documents, it is clear it was KOAA.

ETA: That is why I asked/was surprised. I have no idea. Maybe KUSA is a parent company or some such. I do not claim to know. I went by the actual court documents posted which cite KOAA, on reading it surprised me as well.

Last edited:
Prosecutor confirmed that we're going to learn what the item is that requires consumptive testing at the hearing on June 14th.

Also confirmed that it's one piece of evidence that requires the consumptive test.

Quoting myself here.

2 weeks from today is the next court hearing.

Looking forward to learning what that mystery evidence is that requires the consumptive testing!

JMO.

KOAA did this?? I assumed it was some podcaster or something, news to me. So media coverage is asked to be denied all together, even tweets? And if it is not denied, may be grounds for appeal? Why HELP PF out??

Wow. Again, news to me. Just absorbing this.

I don't know that all the blame should be placed on KOAA -- they simply aired what the single cameraman provided for all the participating networks, and the defense is picking on them as the example. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if every network showed that "zoom in" on the podium clip.

Be reminded that MSM typically files motions for expanded media coverage (EMC) for advisements and arraignments pursuant to Rule 3, Chapter 38 of the Colorado Supreme Court Rules.

If granted, Court also says there will only be one camera for shared pool, and let's the networks hash it out. Court does not involve themselves here.

(I also recall earlier Frazee hearing where the Denver network that was going to provide the camera pool, was delayed by the weather, and a Colo Springs network jumped in last minute with a camera).

Asking for sanctions against the media is very dramatic here -- and to try and use this incident to ban / cease all electronics in the courtroom moving forward will be vigorously opposed by the Colorado Media Alliance group. They're a pretty powerful group too.

MOO

ETA: I also noticed that the court record reflects that the Judge "reviewed" the order for sanctions on 5/27/19, but has not ruled.

I can hardly wait for this! I wonder if we'll be surprised?
I think we may be surprised, but I also think it may end up being something we've speculated about.

@steeltowngirl compiled a list of possible items that might require consumptive testing on the last thread.

They included:
  • Unknown DNA in KB’s apt
  • The gun(s)
  • The melted balls
  • Blood on the swiffer
  • A bat (not listed in evidence however)
  • The bloody sheet
  • An unknown weapon with another’s fingerprints
  • Bullet shell?
  • Blood in PF or KB truck
I would add:
  • Swab from inside the washing machine at SF's ranch
  • Bottle of bleach
  • Bottle of Simple Green
  • Hay from that barn that was discolored

Can anyone think of anything else?

JMO.

I think we may be surprised, but I also think it may end up being something we've speculated about.

@steeltowngirl compiled a list of possible items that might require consumptive testing on the last thread.

They included:
  • The gun(s)
  • The melted balls
  • Blood on the swiffer
  • The bloody sheet
  • Bullet shell?
I would add:
  • Bottle of bleach
  • Bottle of Simple Green

JMO.

Maybe PF's boots? Iirc, they took two pair in the search. Just a suggestion for your list.

They included:
  • The gun(s)
  • The melted balls
  • Blood on the swiffer
  • The bloody sheet
  • Bullet shell?
I would add:
  • Bottle of bleach
  • Bottle of Simple Green

JMO.

Cinnamon rolls. ( I could not resist) :)

Cinnamon rolls. ( I could not resist) :)
:p Funny! You just reminded me, I have some of those Pillsbury cinnamon rolls in the fridge that need baking. I think I'll do some "consumptive" testing of my own :D
Joking aside, I hope whatever it is they are testing provides one more piece of evidence against him. The more the better!
ed:add word

I don't know that all the blame should be placed on KOAA -- they simply aired what the single cameraman provided for all the participating networks, and the defense is picking on them as the example. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if every network showed that "zoom in" on the podium clip.

Be reminded that MSM typically files motions for expanded media coverage (EMC) for advisements and arraignments pursuant to Rule 3, Chapter 38 of the Colorado Supreme Court Rules.

If granted, Court also says there will only be one camera for shared pool, and let's the networks hash it out. Court does not involve themselves here.

(I also recall earlier Frazee hearing where the Denver network that was going to provide the camera pool, was delayed by the weather, and a Colo Springs network jumped in last minute with a camera).

Asking for sanctions against the media is very dramatic here -- and to try and use this incident to ban / cease all electronics in the courtroom moving forward will be vigorously opposed by the Colorado Media Alliance group. They're a pretty powerful group too.

MOO

ETA: I also noticed that the court record reflects that the Judge "reviewed" the order for sanctions on 5/27/19, but has not ruled.

I understand all of that, I am simply going by the documents filed and facts cited with regard to KOAA and the zooming in on the document, etc.

I would agree and imagine that banning media will be opposed strongly.

I don't think any of us want any further lack of transparency in this case than there has to be and I for one, am not real happy that coverage is now at risk over the fact lines were apparently crossed.

Whether it was one media outlet or all, I was still surprised to hear about KOAA as the culprit; I did not know. I in all seriousness just assumed it was a podcaster or alternative or smaller media outlet, I did not think MSM would risk the opportunity for and and all media coverage in the future.

Just surprised is all.

Hopefully, it will not result in a banning of any and all reporting from the courtroom.

Jmo.

He killed her Hannible lector style. He has serial killer personality that’s just emerging. Usually I’m on the fence about the death penalty, but in this case I’m leaning towards a favorable death penalty outcome. He’s so sick and twisted.
He is so evil. Poor unsuspecting Kelsey. Idon't get that KK following his orders. How could she stand him? He sure had some hold on her. Did she help him cover up other crimes? He is absolutely hateful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes