Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #106

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s interesting because during the PC Carter gave no inkling an arrest was imminent. In fact iirc he said the opposite - this was the beginning.

During his more recent media appearances he said no case is ever cold, that it’s a matter of starting over again, going back to the beginning. That seems to be exactly what transpired with the newly released sketch. Such is the way of investigations, one door closes and LE looks for another, hoping it will open. Given the need to hold a PC continuing to ask for that “one tip” from someone who recognizes this man, I’m not sure why HLN’s talking head expected an immediate arrest.

BBM

There have been a few different talking heads who have popped onto the screen and given their 2 cents about what should be happening right now and, in most of these cases, it has felt like we here on the forum know more about the case than they do.

All photos online have all that hidden info. On my laptop I used to be able to see it if I clicked on a photo. I personally don't know what all that info is that would pop up but a computer tech would know how to read it.

It’s exif data and most smart phones have this turned off as the default. I do not know why LG would switch hers to on. The only way to get that info as far as I know is from the original photo and not from something received via SC.

Edit: you can add a filter that puts the time on your pic, but you have to manually do this before posting and it’s huge. The pic LG took was really nice. Can’t see her ruining it with a big ugly timestamp.

Edit: typo

Last edited:
Just wanted to jump in and agree that there is/was a picture that had the 2:07 time stamp. I'm feverishly looking for it. I know I saw it, though.
I'm currently watching another person's video and that confirms it, but, not an approved source on here.

I have seen one photo that had the actual time on it, but it was added after the fact by a media source.

Can you say what you are watching without posting a link or the video? Would that be a violation?

I don’t think we can conclude a relative was the driver of the car or it was a tip that might directly result in an arrest. Considering the new direction LE is probably reviewing a lot of older information that might’ve been not considered pertinent until recently.

When Carter mentioned the parked car, he originally stated the date was Feb 14th. A day later it was updated to Feb 13th. But I still wonder if Feb 14th was in fact the correct date and the person they wanted to talk to had given prior information regarding something suspicious about someone involved in the search. Maybe LE was in the process of reaching out a second time to everybody involved that day? Carter certainly seemed sure the killer was closely invested, someone “hiding in plain sight”.

Very interesting observation...

Maybe they don't have all the details of who called and emailed in and of course they're not going to say could "Fanny Adams call us back please" but they could put a general plea out, if that is what they mean, but I don't think they do mean that. I think they want the person who drove that vehicle or someone who saw who drove that vehicle, to come forward, They don't want to know about the vehicle type- they already know that IMO, Now that/those person(s) has/have come forward, we are hearing no more about the cryptic vehicle. They have what they need I think.

I think it is an anonymous tip line. That way, people are given the option to keep their name out if it protects them from the assailant.

Would anyone have benefitted from the trails being linked to a notorious crime and becoming less popular or being refused funding for further development/improvement?

Could any group or individual benefit or suffer financially from the standing of the trails?

There seems to be a real complex interweaving of Politics/Business/Church/Community in most walks of Delphi life IMO.

Could someone have seen the Act against the Girls as an attack infact against the Trails and/or Bridge , or a Person or Group with particular interest or concern (financial or historic or hobbyist)?

Conversely and even more stretching required, could the Act have highlighted the need for safety and improvement (lighting/cameras etc) that need funding?

I have no clue, but I find your line of thinking very interesting. It’s not something I’d really thought of thus far. I’m sure LE has looked at all angles and who would benefit from this crime would be something I’d think they’d consider.

I’ve never been able to feel optimistic about that one. GK was arrested almost three weeks prior to the PC, charged with the homicide of NB.

If there was even a remote chance he was connected to the Delhi case I can’t see the rationale behind Carter’s one-on-one “hiding in plain sight”, “may be in this room” appeal to unsettle the citizens of Delphi by the suggestion the killer walks amongst them. To casts needless suspicion within the community is irresponsible and IMO would backfire on LE, if GK was a suspect all along.
dbm

I'm still here watching everyday...just have nothing to add but have to say the one thing that has stuck with me is when the former FBI agent (female with blonde hair) on the HLN special that aired after the last PC said something like...if this case isn't solved within the next 3 weeks there is a problem (sorry not verbatim but something similar).

It has clearly been more than 3 weeks......
That was irresponsible of her to state that. If she is actually involved with the case she’s broadcasting what’s going on. If she’s not involved with the case she has no idea what LE is doing or what they’ve got and is talking just to talk. I can not stand it when former LE does that.

Do any of you think that having the video of the BG is possibly making this harder to solve in some way? The video image is so poor that you cannot tell what the person looks like, so your brain fills in the missing details with inaccurate details (most likely). I think most people have an image of an older man with a hat on similar to the guy in the first sketch they released. People are trying to recall someone they know that wears a blue jacket like the BG. There is a good chance that the jacket is something that he rarely (if ever) wore before so it wouldn't be familiar to his friends/family. Residents of Delphi have racked their brains looking for someone that day that was wearing that outfit. After the crime was committed, the man probably disposed of the blue jacket and hoodie. If the suspect is actually much younger (as sketch 2 suggests) then he could have walked around town in jeans and a t-shirt after the crime and nobody would have suspected a thing because he looked nothing like the man in the video. Someone probably saw something suspicious that day in Delphi but since it didn't match the image in the video, they discounted it.

Also the BG's gait in the video is probably quite different than it would be while walking down the street since he is crossing an old railroad bridge that requires him to sidestep holes and watch his footing carefully. His everyday "street gait" would be very different and wouldn't trigger people to think he's the man in the video.

Having a photograph or video of a perpetrator is invaluable if it provides hair color, weight, eye color, straight/crooked teeth, nose shape, etc. Unfortunately, the image of BG from the video doesn't provide any of that information. I think the only thing that most people can agree on is that he is wearing jeans and a blue coat/jacket.

@rocket

It was not during the presser, but a statement made by Riley a few weeks later.
May 7, 2019

ISP on Delphi killer: 'Somebody may have already interviewed him'

"The importance of the car also ties into why police now believe the killer is local. Riley says he was able to get around quickly on the day the girls were killed, and seemed to know the area. Remember, that car would have been seen between noon and 5 on february 13, 2017, at the old d- c- s parking lot marked on this map. Police are asking anyone who saw áany cars there that day, to call and give them a description."

I sure would like to hear this entire untranslated interview because I wonder about the accuracy of automated transcript. I notice the exact questions Riley is responding to are not included so it appears his answers might have gotten scrambled together.

Just as a hypothetical example, a question answered creates a different context - (from your link)
"The importance of the car also ties into why police now believe the killer is local. (—-Why do you believe the killer is local?”—-) Riley says he was able to get around quickly on the day the girls were killed, and seemed to know the area.

Then who is the person he’s referring to below? Is this his response to why the driver of the car is being sought? Because otherwise, if LE truly spoke to the suspect wouldn’t “going back and checking on it” be top priority as opposed to wasting time appearing in PCs and interviews?

.....the person apparently gave the investigating officers the information they were looking for ... we have to trto go back and check on the information that we have received."......

Last edited:
I think Riley is a female LEO.

The info you quoted makes me think they interviewed someone early on they may see now as a POI and he gave LE info LE wanted at that time - even if it may have been bogus info that lead to the OBG sketch.

I sure would like to hear this entire untranslated interview because I wonder about the accuracy of automated transcript. I notice the exact questions Riley is responding to are not included so it appears his answers might have gotten scrambled together.

Just as a hypothetical example, a question answered creates a different context - (from your link)
"The importance of the car also ties into why police now believe the killer is local. (—-Why do you believe the killer is local?”—-) Riley says he was able to get around quickly on the day the girls were killed, and seemed to know the area.

Then who is the person he’s referring to below? Is this his response to why the driver of the car is being sought? Because otherwise, if LE truly spoke to the suspect wouldn’t “going back and checking on it” be top priority as opposed to wasting time appearing in PCs and interviews?

.....the person apparently gave the investigating officers the information they were looking for ... we have to trto go back and check on the information that we have received."......

Do any of you think that having the video of the BG is possibly making this harder to solve in some way? The video image is so poor that you cannot tell what the person looks like, so your brain fills in the missing details with inaccurate details (most likely). I think most people have an image of an older man with a hat on similar to the guy in the first sketch they released. People are trying to recall someone they know that wears a blue jacket like the BG. There is a good chance that the jacket is something that he rarely (if ever) wore before so it wouldn't be familiar to his friends/family. Residents of Delphi have racked their brains looking for someone that day that was wearing that outfit. After the crime was committed, the man probably disposed of the blue jacket and hoodie. If the suspect is actually much younger (as sketch 2 suggests) then he could have walked around town in jeans and a t-shirt after the crime and nobody would have suspected a thing because he looked nothing like the man in the video. Someone probably saw something suspicious that day in Delphi but since it didn't match the image in the video, they discounted it.

Also the BG's gait in the video is probably quite different than it would be while walking down the street since he is crossing an old railroad bridge that requires him to sidestep holes and watch his footing carefully. His everyday "street gait" would be very different and wouldn't trigger people to think he's the man in the video.

Having a photograph or video of a perpetrator is invaluable if it provides hair color, weight, eye color, straight/crooked teeth, nose shape, etc. Unfortunately, the image of BG from the video doesn't provide any of that information. I think the only thing that most people can agree on is that he is wearing jeans and a blue coat/jacket.

I just asked this a day or two ago. I know the video is probably for that one person that needs to see it and say aha! I kinda feel its detrimental overall.

I think Riley is a female LEO.

The info you quoted makes me think they interviewed someone early on they may see now as a POI and he gave LE info LE wanted at that time - even if it may have been bogus info that lead to the OBG sketch.

How could they know it involved a POI and bogus info if LE hasn’t even bothered to “try go back and check on information they received”?

Nothing about those statements makes sense to me including why a parked car in a highly visible parking lot between noon and 5pm suggests the killer was able to get around quickly and knew the area. Wouldn’t that beg the question “how so?”

You makes some excellent points and I am glad you mentioned this!

The transcription does appear to be disjointed without knowing what the questions were that were posed to Riley.

It would be easy to read something and sort of 'fill in the blanks' as to what the questions are in your head, but in this case that could be dangerous.

I was interpreting ...the person apparently gave the investigating officers the information they were looking for ... we have to trto go back and check on the information that we have received."
as the information that someone provided regarding the car needs to be verified, but who that person is unknown (to us.)

Without the full proper context (knowing the questions, as well as Riley's answers) then we will never be able to determine the accuracy of what Riley's intentions were with each response.

My interpretation is therefore more than likely, way off.
JMO

I think the image/video has certainly led to a massive amount of worthless "tips" anyway. But yes, I see what you're saying. The quality is poor enough that it could be almost anyone of any age. Because he's so high up and that's most likely not his normal gait, it could also be throwing people off who actually know him. Even the audio can be a little confusing. We have half the board thinking that he said "guys" because he knew them (or worked in a field that puts him around young people) and half the board saying that they refer to most people as "you guys" (that's me).

Poor Libby. She did a GREAT thing by capturing him on film. One day her efforts will rewarded when the dude is caught.

For people who know someone with a connection to Delphi who may have committed these murders, I think it’s very helpful because it also eliminates men who looked nothing like the photo or video from more than two years ago. But LE also seeks information beyond appearance as they’re hopeful the suspect has exhibited incriminating behaviour of some sort. Everything added together, that’ll be the one tip they’re waiting for.

That was irresponsible of her to state that. If she is actually involved with the case she’s broadcasting what’s going on. If she’s not involved with the case she has no idea what LE is doing or what they’ve got and is talking just to talk. I can not stand it when former LE does that.
She also let the word "machete" slip out way too fast, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa