Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
At some point, ML would have had to have communication with the "unknown person", whether before, during or after her trip. Was that communication via voice, text message or a chat-app?

An important question: did either ML or the "unknown person" want their communication to be private/undetectable or did it not matter to either? The answer might ultimately dictate whether or not LE obtains a piece of the puzzle that brings them closer to finding either ML or at least the "unknown person".

My biggest worry is that their communication was through Snapchat (or possible similar app). Snapchat communication is not permanent. :( Once it is sent, there is no recovering it...as far as I know.

Yall are jumping to conclusions about the religious aspect. I live very near the North Salt Lake border, and I've had several friends over the years that have lived in North Salt Lake or Bountiful. None of these people, including myself, are Mormon.

It would be advantageous to LE and the investigation if the Lyft driver was male. An attractive college woman would garner some added attention. Not that he’d be tying to pick up on her but rather just basic Male Psychology 101 if you will... “ had a looker from the airport earlier this AM”. Add that to said attractive woman’s destination is at a park? Weird. No doubt he has recalled more details than LE is disclosing IMHO

Does your SO travel with a phone dedicated for Lyft and another phone for private, personal use?

He actually was doing that (because one of my daughter's went on her dad's plan which left an open line he utilized until the contract I had was up) very recently. He now only has one phone he uses for both. He says he actually prefers to just have the one as its easier to keep track of/access. Why do you ask?

I must be old or I have always divulged too much info but since very young was taught to at least let one person know your whereabouts and/or who you are with- and no matter if you fight with friends never leave anyone that you went someplace with alone- leave with who you came with. Just wish ML would have asked a roommate to feed her cat because she was at blah blah or with blah blah and expected to be home such and so time or day. Just commonplace for me and those I know I guess times have really changed. Hoping for a positive outcome here!!!!

Trying to catch up after being out most of the day. Can’t believe I missed the PC, but thanks to all the brilliant sleuthers that took notes!
Something that caught my attention was a poster up thread mentioned KL making flash cards. Do we know when that exam actually was? It got me thinking about the fact that the mystery person could actually be a fellow student. What if she needed to cram for a test after being gone all weekend and this person offers to help because maybe they have done this before? Maybe the park was a half way meeting spot and that’s why it was chosen and KL would just crash at this persons place after studying? Idk... thinking out loud. I hope she comes home soon! Bless her family and friends. MOO

Police want more tips about MacKenzie Lueck's social media and phone activity
Salt Lake Police said they need more tips.

Specifically, about the missing college student's social media accounts and a second phone - if she has one.

[...]

Rob Joseph, a long-time private investigator in Salt Lake and former Salt Lake Police Officer, said he is familiar with many dating sites where young women seek dates with older men.

He often digs through the sites looking for unfaithful spouses for his clients.

When he head about MacKenzie's case, he began digging and found a profile that appears to be hers on one such site.

[...]

Joseph passed his findings on to police.

[...]

The site shows the last time she logged on was June 16 - one day before she went missing.

[...]

"That person is the last person that saw her," he said.

[...]

MacKenzie's profile says she wants to be spoiled. She suggests going hiking, bar hopping or visiting her favorite wine bar.

Joseph said many girls who visit these sites do so naively thinking they will connect with men who are honest not knowing the person on the other side of the computer is less than honest.

[...]

TIP LINE (801)799-4420.

My biggest worry is that their communication was through Snapchat (or possible similar app). Snapchat communication is not permanent. :( Once it is sent, there is no recovering it...as far as I know.
LE can get access to everything you say and send, even on apps like Snapchat once they have a warrant...which they apparently now do. Snapchat keeps everything on their servers. Not to mention many keyboard apps and iOS and Android keep this information as well.

Reposting map with SLC Airport, Hatch Park, and Liberty Park (near ML apartment) from media thread.

upload_2019-6-25_9-29-22-png.190513

Does anyone know the general area where she lives? If so, I will update the crude map I recently posted. I don't know if she lives right near the university or somewhere else.

She's in a sorority so my guess is somewhere near campus? I could be wrong though.

The horse
Interesting. This confirms my theory that she met up with a Mormon man with a reputation to uphold and likely a family at home.
If this is the case I don’t think he would stay away from his family 8 days unless he told his family he was going on a business trip and took ML with him possibly in a small private plane. A poster did mention there was a small airport not far from the Park

It would be advantageous to LE and the investigation if the Lyft driver was male. An attractive college woman would garner some added attention. Not that he’d be tying to pick up on her but rather just basic Male Psychology 101 if you will... “ had a looker from the airport earlier this AM”. Add that to said attractive woman’s destination is at a park? Weird. No doubt he has recalled more details than LE is disclosing IMHO

Good points.

Police want more tips about MacKenzie Lueck's social media and phone activity
Salt Lake Police said they need more tips.

Specifically, about the missing college student's social media accounts and a second phone - if she has one.

[...]

Rob Joseph, a long-time private investigator in Salt Lake and former Salt Lake Police Officer, said he is familiar with many dating sites where young women seek dates with older men.

He often digs through the sites looking for unfaithful spouses for his clients.

When he head about MacKenzie's case, he began digging and found a profile that appears to be hers on one such site.

[...]

Joseph passed his findings on to police.

[...]

The site shows the last time she logged on was June 16 - one day before she went missing.

[...]

"That person is the last person that saw her," he said.

[...]

MacKenzie's profile says she wants to be spoiled. She suggests going hiking, bar hopping or visiting her favorite wine bar.

Joseph said many girls who visit these sites do so naively thinking they will connect with men who are honest not knowing the person on the other side of the computer is less than honest.

[...]

TIP LINE (801)799-4420.
Are we allowed to discuss this now?

LE can get access to everything you say and send, even on apps like Snapchat once they have a warrant...which they apparently now do. Snapchat keeps everything on their servers. Not to mention many keyboard apps and iOS and Android keep this information as well.
Do you know if they have to get a second warrant through snapchat or if the one warrant they got covers everything? I hope it doesn't take too long to access these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500