Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read this article. The blood was not visible to the eye. I think LE did a great job.
"During an April 2 search of the Price Court house, investigators found a bloodstain consistent with Spurlock’s DNA just inside the door of the bedroom closet, Chavies said. The blood was not visible and had to be found using a latent blood reagent, Chavies testified. Detectives did not see it during their first search of the Price Court home." BBM
https://www.kentucky.com/news/local/crime/article232677437.html

David Sparks, 23, was charged with abuse of a corpse and evidence tampering after Spurlock’s body was discovered just before midnight Wednesday on his parents’ property on Fall Lick Road, according to police and court records. Sparks was living with his parents by the time she was found, Chavies said.

[...]

Sparks’ father had his attorney contact police after he smelled something on the property, Chavies said during Monday’s hearing in Garrard County.

Police had searched the Fall Lick Road property at least once previously, state police said Thursday.

Spurlock’s body was buried in a grave that was 19 inches deep at its deepest point, Chavies testified Monday.

[...]

Sparks had previously told police that Spurlock went with him and two other men to his home at the time on Price Court in Lancaster in the early morning hours of Jan. 4, Chavies testified. Sparks said that the other two men left the home and Spurlock slept in Sparks’ bed while he slept on the couch, Chavies said.

[...]

During one of the early searches of Sparks’ home on Price Court on Jan. 10, detectives found a gray rug similar in dimension and color to the one that was found with Spurlock’s body.

[...]

During an April 2 search of the Price Court house, investigators found a bloodstain consistent with Spurlock’s DNA just inside the door of the bedroom closet, Chavies said. The blood was not visible and had to be found using a latent blood reagent, Chavies testified. Detectives did not see it during their first search of the Price Court home.

[...]

Chavies testified that Sparks had visited his parents’ home on Fall Lick Road — where Spurlock’s remains were eventually found — on the evening of Jan. 4 for about two hours. That was less than a day after Spurlock was last seen. Sparks returned to the Fall Lick Road in the early morning hours of Jan. 5.

bbm

https://www.kentucky.com/news/local/crime/article232677437.html

I believe SS body was at the Fall Lick Road residence within hours of her death.

I believe DS probably prepared the burial or concealment area on Jan 4, and deposited SS in the ground during the early morning hours of Jan 5.

MOO

I'm starting to lean this way now, too. Does anyone remember the dog hitting on the white car? They towed it and iirc, it was not in running order. I wonder if she was hidden in the trunk of the car while he got a spot ready. He probably didn't think anyone would search his parents home, and property. ----EDIT----Delete, can't find link, local rumor, til I can link re; other evidence.-----

Last edited:
I am wondering if the recent change that helped find SS was due to an animal digging. Possibly why some black plastic was sticking up out of the ground?
See my last comment for link

I'm starting to lean this way now, too. Does anyone remember the dog hitting on the white car? They towed it and iirc, it was not in running order. I wonder if she was hidden in the trunk of the car while he got a spot ready. He probably didn't think anyone would search his parents home, and property. I don't understand the items in the garden. He had to have put those in the garden, after the garden was set. That would have been around May, early June.

What items were found in the garden? I must have missed that

I had wondered if DS had raped Savannah and she passed away from a postpartal embolism- as horrible and tragic as that would have been I believe what actually happened is far more violent brutal and evil. So so deeply saddened for this beautiful young woman and heartbroken for her aunt her mom and dad her children and all who knew and loved her.

I had wondered if DS had raped Savannah and she passed away from a postpartal embolism- as horrible and tragic as that would have been I believe what actually happened is far more violent brutal and evil. So so deeply saddened for this beautiful young woman and heartbroken for her aunt her mom and dad her children and all who knew and loved her.

I was thinking along those lines. She was barely four weeks past delivery when she left with them. It's quite possible they all three were involved but she died on his watch. If they weren't there, why would they cover for him, or help him?

A woman's uterus takes about six weeks to return to normal size and for her cervix to close back up. The physical timeline for a woman's body to heal "down there" is pretty much the same, no matter how she gives birth.

The cervix needs to be closed in order for sexual relations to resume safely. You’ll need to avoid sex or putting anything like tampons in the vagina for a few weeks after a cesarean delivery.

While some women may be ready to resume sexual activity sooner, most cesarean delivery patients can have sex after they have been cleared by their doctor at their six week postpartum checkup

Sex After C-Section: What to Expect

.Intercourse too soon after childbirth can cause a deadly air embolism, or bubble, in a blood vessel, a risk that remains for six weeks after birth while the mother's womb is returning to normal and the spot where the placenta was attached is healing, according to a report in the October Postgraduate Medical Journal.

Sex Soon After Delivery May Be Risky

I was thinking along those lines. She was barely four weeks past delivery when she left with them. It's quite possible they all three were involved but she died on his watch. If they weren't there, why would they cover for him, or help him?

Sex After C-Section: What to Expect

Sex Soon After Delivery May Be Risky

I'm not so sure they did cover for him and or help him...

In fact I think it may be the opposite, as in they told LE everything that they knew

"When interviewed by detectives back in January, Sparks had told them that he and the other men had gone back to his house with Savannah.

They left but he and Savannah remained. He claimed that she went to sleep in his bedroom while he slept on the couch.

When he woke mid-morning he said that she asked him where she was apparently so she could arrange transport home.

He claimed to have fallen asleep and that, when he woke again around noon, she had gone. He said she was uninjured when she did.

But today Det. Chamings revealed that Sparks had visited his parents' home twice on the night of the 4th and in the early hours of the 5th of January."

Savannah Spurlock's body was found naked and bound in trash bags thrown in a shallow grave | Daily Mail Online

In fact I think it may be the opposite, as in they told LE everything that they knew

"When interviewed by detectives back in January, Sparks had told them that he and the other men had gone back to his house with Savannah.

They left but he and Savannah remained. He claimed that she went to sleep in his bedroom while he slept on the couch.

When he woke mid-morning he said that she asked him where she was apparently so she could arrange transport home.

He claimed to have fallen asleep and that, when he woke again around noon, she had gone. He said she was uninjured when she did.

But today Det. Chamings revealed that Sparks had visited his parents' home twice on the night of the 4th and in the early hours of the 5th of January."

Savannah Spurlock's body was found naked and bound in trash bags thrown in a shallow grave | Daily Mail Online

In fact I bet DS defense will be that the other two committed the crime and they left him to clean up the mess

He will likely claim that he didn't know what happened but when he woke up the other two were gone and SS was dead

He then will claim that he panicked and took her body and buried it

I ain't buying it, but I guarantee he will try to sell it

JMO

In fact I bet DS defense will be that the other two committed the crime and they left him to clean up the mess

He will likely claim that he didn't know what happened but when he woke up the other two were gone and SS was dead

He then will claim that he panicked and took her body and buried it

I ain't buying it, but I guarantee he will try to sell it

JMO
If his mates knew and never talked, I think we're witnessing the dude that believed he could get away with this.

We know the profile, the man that will be quick to blame others rather than taking responsibility.

Yup -- they set him up. He's the victim. .....:rolleyes:

"Investigators revealed more details about the night Savannah was found. Officers say her nude body was found in a 19-inch deep grave and her feet were bound with shipping tape. She was placed in multiple black bags.

Officers also testified that blood belonging to Spurlock was found inside a closet door at Sparks' Price Court rental"

Preliminary hearing held in Spurlock disappearance
Oh, how devastating to hear this.

That's sorta what I mean. If they'd left, and she wasn't well, but not deceased, why would they get involved? Why would he even ask them too? I do think he had assistance that early morning though. I also think, and trying to say this within TOS, that I would not be surprised, if there may have been similar parties there before, and things may have happened that weren't cool, but this time, it turned out deadly. They just look so non-chalant going to the car in that Lex photo, but she looks out of place. The pics of her w/her purse hanging open in that one pic, and it appears none of the men offered her a jacket, just always bothered me.

The pic seemed strange- Savannah looked freezing cold and the guys just seemed determined to get someplace- not at all concerned that she had no coat and was walking in high heels. Maybe I am nuts but to me they looked like random students walking to class not a happy bunch of people going to a house party after the bar.

The pic seemed strange- Savannah looked freezing cold and the guys just seemed determined to get someplace- not at all concerned that she had no coat and was walking in high heels. Maybe I am nuts but to me they looked like random students walking to class not a happy bunch of people going to a house party after the bar.

None of them looked to be close friends at all. The one man had her arm at one time but she seemed to be needing assistance in the heels imo. They looked like strangers trying to catch a cab together. Her mother said she seemed very intoxicated, but fine, on the vid chat. I do think she went willingly, possibly expecting to go to a "house party", but it turned out to be only the four of them.

None of them looked to be close friends at all. The one man had her arm at one time but she seemed to be needing assistance in the heels imo. They looked like strangers trying to catch a cab together. Her mother said she seemed very intoxicated, but fine, on the vid chat. I do think she went willingly, possibly expecting to go to a "house party", but it turned out to be only the four of them.
Exactly! They surely did not look like friends- just random strangers who did not seem interested in one another and none looked happy or as if they were having fun as I would expect people to look leaving a bar and going to a party.

This is so heartbreaking. My counselor is actually a relative of Savannah's, and not knowing that, I talked about her case with him. Since the very beginning I have believed that Savannah was gone. Despite not wanting to, what little evidence the public had, it was pretty clear to me that some sort of foul play involved. It's heartbreaking to think about not only her family that raised her, but her children as well. I'm very confused about a couple of things relating to the case though. For one thing, how did the police not catch her body being placed in the backyard, unless it had been placed there more recently? Paired with the family of DS only JUST beginning to notice the foul smell coming from his backyard, that indicates to me that he was holding her body somewhere else. I'm also interested about her cause of death. Has the ME officially released it, or is it too early to tell? I mean, obviously it wouldn't be released immediately either way, but I wonder how badly the body was decomposed. Maybe he possibly kept her in a fridge to minimize the smell of her body or to even keep her from badly decomposing? Depending on his motive for that, if she wasn't in the "grave" for the whole time, then where was she? was one of the other suspects keeping her body? The thought of the postpartal embolism is particularly interesting to me, considering how short of a time it had been since she had gien birth. Or what if while he and possibly the other suspects were trying to rape her, she began to have a postpartal embolism, and they freaked out, thinking that she was dying. Knowing that if they got her medical help they would be busted on rape charges, what if they decided that the best way to "cover this up" was to kill her. It could have been a heat of the moment, rash decision to protect themselves, but either way its still disgusting. I really do hope for the sake of her family getting justice for not only her, but for her children and themselves, that they begin to get the answers to some of their questions soon, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa