CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, Bullhead City, hiking wearing bikini in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he's not involved (and I'm in that corner right now), he sounds like a confused, terrified and shell-shocked victim. I believe he keeps repeating her appearance and dress because that's the last image he had of her. . . that's all he's got. He must be thinking the same thing we are regarding that: a bikini, a hat and a beer, how far can she go like that???
As far as volunteering that LE told him his polygraph showed deception, maybe he's sharing that fact because he KNOWS he's not involved, and hearing that a machine suggests he is lying about that is. . . surreal and shocking. I could see myself sharing that info, in disbelief and frustration. IMO

For all of the skeptics here (myself included), I wanted to bring forward @drama_farmer 's excellent post. Great points made.
This reminds me that I must always remain balanced and considerate and keep an open mind.

Well....just catching up here, and what can I say??

Many of you have been bold, and I understand why.

The thing that bothered me in his recent interview was that he said she wasn't at the trailer he called her name 'and waved his arms'. As if the latter was important. <sigh>

And, again, the mention of the bikini and the beer. Why does he keep mentioning that?

Perhaps he truly is a heart-broken naive man. I hope that's the case.

@GordianKnot found a wonderful fine line to walk with his/her post.

I'll just wait for more news. Sitting on my hands. (They are tempted to do impulsive things right now.)
I would think the waving of his arms was for her to see him. I also think what she was dressed in, including a red hat plus carrying a beer is important. Searchers would be looking for those things. jmo

I think it's remotely possible that someone abducted her from that location, but that's not what's most likely here.

What I noticed in that video is that not a single car passed on that road. Desolate stretch of highway.
It doesn't appear to be highly trafficked at all.
The odds of someone with nefarious intention driving past at the exact same moment that BT would have purportedly been crossing it are slim at best.

If BT was lost/disoriented, there's nothing to say she would have even reached that road.

It's the husband who's pushing the abduction scenario here, not LE.

If LE believed she'd been abducted and "taken to Vegas," as RT is postulating, they wouldn't have searchers, dogs, helicopters, etc., out still searching that area for her.

I really want to know why RT is baking Vegas into the abduction narrative.
If she's been abducted, she could have been taken anywhere.
They could have been heading in the opposite direction for all he would know.

I was giving RT the benefit of the doubt.
Then he told on himself.
RT stating LE told him he's "the prime suspect" is significant.

A failed poly is significant.
I don't care how much sleep you got the night before.
You flunk a poly, you now have LE's full attention.

JMO.
Yep, he appears to be telling on himself in the interview. He is pointing out that she is wearing a bikini and holding a beer with a bit of derision IMO and he talks way too much about she may be in Las Vegas again IMO. And I'm sure he does want her back. I've never known LE to tell a person they have shown deception on a poly if they have not shown deception on a poly. He has a very good reason to say that he is a suspect. JMO

I would think the waving of his arms was for her to see him. I also think what she was dressed in, including a red hat plus carrying a beer is important. Searchers would be looking for those things. jmo

I agree. But if I was telling the story many days later I don't think I would think to mention that I waved my arms. Probably just me. It just seems like a 'I was really, really trying' comment with too much detail.

(Note to self: Sit on your hands.)

For all of the skeptics here (myself included), I wanted to bring forward @drama_farmer 's excellent post. Great points made.
This reminds me that I must always remain balanced and considerate and keep an open mind.
I admit I'm a skeptic but I always work on remaining balanced and on keeping an open mind. It's a work in progress. I'm really trying. o_O

Thanks for the reminder!! God knows if I went on camera for an interview under traumatic circumstances, you all would hang me FR!

Thanks for the reminder!! God knows if I went on camera for an interview under traumatic circumstances, you all would hang me FR!

Yup. We'd definitely hang you!
The fact that these cases are emotional for us 'casual bystanders', only emphasizes how traumatic it must be for those actually involved. That's why I am so appreciative and amazed when an insider speaks up and contributes. They remind us that this is so, so real for them.

(Thank you @dbdb11 !)

Last edited:
I agree. But if I was telling the story many days later I don't think I would think to mention that I waved my arms. Probably just me. It just seems like a 'I was really, really trying' comment with too much detail.

(Note to self: Sit on your hands.)

I know what you mean. But if there’s one thing I’ve learned on cases it’s that most people don’t do or say what I would. ;) I’ve also read lots of “statement analysis” over the years and the minutiae that professionals pick up on...so often wrong.

I sit on my hands a LOT! :D

I know what you mean. But if there’s one thing I’ve learned on cases it’s that most people don’t do or say what I would. ;) I’ve also read lots of “statement analysis” over the years and the minutiae that professionals pick up on...so often wrong.

I sit on my hands a LOT! :D

Agree.

Yep, he appears to be telling on himself in the interview. He is pointing out that she is wearing a bikini and holding a beer with a bit of derision IMO and he talks way too much about she may be in Las Vegas again IMO. And I'm sure he does want her back. I've never known LE to tell a person they have shown deception on a poly if they have not shown deception on a poly. He has a very good reason to say that he is a suspect. JMO
The longer she is missing with no trace the more likely that will be, IMO. But, in fairness, imagine the emotions he's experiencing? I would assume this is quite the surreal situation he finds himself in. He's being interviewed about his missing wife. Possibly also he's not used to or not comfortable in a recorded interview. Seems suspicion is often cast if a person doesn't talk enough or talks too much.

I admit to having mixed emotions myself about him and what may or may not have happened to Barbara. Searches are still going on for her though, so either LE believe his story or they're quietly pursuing other avenues.

Last edited:
I seriously doubt she is alive at this point. jmo

Sadly, I agree.

Regardless of the reason for her being missing, the odds of her having survived this long are remote.

Honestly, the only way I can see her still being alive is if she went voluntarily missing.

Unfortunately, we haven't seen or heard anything that would support that theory.

JMO.

I'm really on the fence with this one. Torn between a mishap that involves her falling in a mine or such that her bright red hat and black swimsuit have not been visible to the helicopter or ATV searchers.... And the classic, "the husband did it."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whimzee