Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #109

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would LE need the autopsy reports of PE if they have requested his DNA? What additional info will an autopsy report enlighten them with besides weight and height (weight could have changed in 2 yrs)? It won't provide a voice sample or what his gait was like.

If that's true that they requested his autopsy in relation to the investigation of Abigail and Liberty, I'd speculate maybe there is something on the audio or some other evidence leading the police to believe the suspect has or may have a specific characteristic (a missing toe, an uncircumcised penis, a narcotic in his system, etc...) that may be present with Paul Etter and apparent by the autopsy records.

But if the person had an alibi and LE now disbelieve it, that would mean they know who the person is, correct? So why even bother putting out the sketch if they know who the sketch is of?
IMO, and because of the new sketch, I don’t think they know who it is, let alone his alibi.

Also, why is there such a big timeframe (12-5) regarding the car at the old cps building if a witness saw him walking towards the Freedom Bridge at 3:15?

MOO I believe he is cutting over to intercept Abby before she gets off the bridge.

Take a look at his left foot.
MOO his left foot is planted athletically, pointed in the direction of his pivot to the left.
I think the video is literally the instant before he began his sucker rush down the bridge on the girls.
Going left to interfere with Abby getting off by Libby who is filming from just off the east end of the bridge.
If this is the case do you think that he would have noticed Libby videoing him and if so why did he not take the phone off her

But if the person had an alibi and LE now disbelieve it, that would mean they know who the person is, correct? So why even bother putting out the sketch if they know who the sketch is of?

I don't get this line of thinking either. If they know who's depicted in the sketch then why waste their own time and resources by asking the public to ID him? That's just hundreds, if not thousands, more tips that they'd have to go through when those man hours could be going to something more useful-like pressuring his peers, continuing the investigation into him, etc. Releasing a new sketch just encourages the very behavior that LE has tried to thwart-like comparing pictures of real people to him on social media. It's opened up a whole new can of worms that they're now probably trying to slog through.

Brookelyn Farthing is an 18 yo who disappeared close to me. In fact, our farm has been searched more than once because it's nearby and we have a lot of acreage. In that case, LE and the rest of the county knows the "who" but not the "why" or "where." It's been incredibly frustrating not to have an arrest, but we also know that for the past few years LE has been searching for evidence to tie the guy(s) to the crime. They're interviewing and pressuring all the people who may not be directly involved but possibly know something. Searches are still being undertaken. Stuff is happening in the investigation to move it forward. They're not asking the public for identification.

Maybe it was to elicit a response from a person (or persons) LE is looking at who is probably under surveillance. Just a guess.

Edit: I do not know if LE has someone specific in mind. This is just my opinion and a possible explanation for the PC.

MOO I believe he is cutting over to intercept Abby before she gets off the bridge.

MOO his left foot is planted athletically, pointed in the direction of his pivot to the left.
I think the video is literally the instant before he began his sucker rush down the bridge on the girls.
Going left to interfere with Abby getting off by Libby who is filming from just off the east end of the bridge.
I thought this too when looking at the video. He appears to be changing direction and heading directly toward Libby.

I keep puzzling over why the YBG sketch and witness report ,based on the witness seeing 'something that they felt needed reporting" (paraphrase), was initially valued so lowly but now primary. Despite ANY sketch not being issued for several Months.

The Person LE felt it depicted was known to them and dismissed due to who it was?

I dont even feel it could be due to an alibi, as if this was later to be disproved , LE would still know the identity of the Person depicted in the sketch whose alibi they sought in the first place?

It could be the location and timing of the Witness report. Did the timeline that LE had by the 17th Feb 2017 disallow the involvement of YSG? By location of what witness saw being unrealistic for any perp to be there at that time?
What could have changed in this reasoning to now allow Perp/Witness location/Time to be a possibility,? Is this related to now somehow knowing that the perp 'Got around quickly'?

I know that ' something that needed reporting' could be absolutely anything! I wondered if LE refusing to rule out a single perp or more than 1 perp being involved is not only to keep all options open or that they simply dont know but is because they dont know if the YSG doing 'something needing reporting' was the perp or someone doing something to help the perp?

Thanks for that. Is Lebanon Boone County? He does have family close to Lebanon.

Yes, Lebanon is in Boone County. It is roughly 36 miles southeast of Lafayette, according to Wikipedia.
Lebanon, Indiana - Wikipedia It has 2 places on the National Register of Historic Places. It's major claim to fame is that the columns of the courthouse are single pieces of limestone, believed to be the largest such pieces in the world.

AW's Mom mentions on that ID channel show that she heard girls discussing wanting to continue away from the bridge but LG saying they couldn't because the trail ended. It seemed to me they were off the bridge waiting because she also said something along the lines of I'm sure the girls were waiting for him to cross before they crossed back because there's not a lot of room on that bridge.

If this is the case do you think that he would have noticed Libby videoing him and if so why did he not take the phone off her

I don't know. If he was focusing on catching up to Abby he may not have seen Libby make a hasty pan with her phone camera.
He was still approximately 60 feet away.

MOO I just know that every time I see the BG video he looks like he is pivoting to either block any one from passing him on the bridge, or is pivoting to launch a sprint along the east side of the bridge.
In the short video he lifts his feet high and steps carefully. MOO like a football player stepping in tires for agility training.

Last edited:
IMO, and because of the new sketch, I don’t think they know who it is, let alone his alibi.

Also, why is there such a big timeframe (12-5) regarding the car at the old cps building if a witness saw him walking towards the Freedom Bridge at 3:15?
Maybe he got spooked by someone leaving the crime scene going back to this car? Possibly waiting in woods nearby until family stopped arriving and went on trails before he went to his car?

This is what I'm talking about. I dont want to bring up PE because he isnt the main focus of this thread but I'm just using him as an example of confirming your point early on. Somebody having absolutely nothing to do with this case only for the public and LE to bring some heat down on you simply for the fact you look like one of the sketches or look similar to the perp can be overwhelming.

I’m really curious if he was on LE’s radar before the kidnapping and rape. My gut says no. They are grasping.

IDK. Wound comparison? All I am saying is that could be one reason. Could be other reasons. I am really not familiar with autopsy reports at all.

But, I think the reason is that they just want to show a thorough investigation, as suggested by at least one other poster above.
Could be they wanted to examine the bullets but more likely hair and semen samples.

Ok so the NBG sketch was drawn on 17th and they had already released the picture on the 15th so that explains to me why they decided there was likely no point releasing the sketch.

Now they've had a rethink.
And maybe LE/Investigators disagreed about this decision, for wasn't it said there was some kind of discord about a decision that was made way back?

Does anyone believe that the Delphi murderer could take captive two young girls and do whatever what all he did to them and leave NO dna behind for LE to find?

It doesn't seem like that could be the case, but LE has been so cagey about having killer's dna.

I sincerely hope that PE is/was BG, positively, and that the waiting and uncertainty will be over for the families of our two precious Delphi girls. God bless their souls.

DBM - couldn't find a link.
@Torch Carrier
Found the link!

This is the short clip that leads me to believe Tobe Leazenby always believed it was someone local, even before the April PC. Perhaps early on there was some dissension regarding local or other. It's unfortunate that they went the wrong way for 2+ years for whatever reason.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member