GUILTY NY - Phoenix & Luna Rodriguez, 1, twins, die in hot car, Bronx, 26 July 2019 *No jail*

I also want to know if he parked where he normally parks or in a different spot that day. It's a big hospital in a busy neighborhood - where was his parking spot?

My exact question. Whether typical parking spot or not, how busy with foot traffic? I hate even typing this, but there had to have been so much crying. I’m not understanding how he could have failed to remember and see two babes in car seats, and their diaper bag for the day. Seems far “easier” to overlook just one babe.

Those poor, precious little twins. I hope they play freely and safely in the next life...

I don't doubt the family's horror and grief, not even the Dad's but did he not glance in his rearview mirror even once and see the carseats behind him? Did he not smell the poor babies filthy diapers when he got back in the car to leave work? Me and me alone but I don't buy ANYBODY'S story about blacking or blanking out. If that is true then there was some kind of outside influence on board here whether illicit or prescription drugs and/or alcohol. This is my opinion only and as far as I know, the father has not been accused of this or tested either. Something made him forget his babies until they were dead.

I don't doubt the family's horror and grief, not even the Dad's but did he not glance in his rearview mirror even once and see the carseats behind him? Did he not smell the poor babies filthy diapers when he got back in the car to leave work? Me and me alone but I don't buy ANYBODY'S story about blacking or blanking out. If that is true then there was some kind of outside influence on board here whether illicit or prescription drugs and/or alcohol. This is my opinion only and as far as I know, the father has not been accused of this or tested either. Something made him forget his babies until they were dead.
Very good point about the smell when he got into the car at the end of the day. There had to have been a smell.

Did he think it was a dirty diaper left in the backseat, but didn't check??

I want to believe this man, I really do.

jmo

Right. Negligent homicide is the right charge here in my opinion. I feel so bad for this family. Thankfully my brain farts have never resulted in something so horrific, but if I did something like this, I would want to be charged and punished.
Law Enforcement almost always goes with the “they’ve been punished enough” ideas in cases like this where they truly think there was an accident. They know it’s going to be hard to find a jury who will convict a person who killed their own child accidentally.

I have a somewhat controversial (perhaps) take on these crimes. I DO think they are crimes. I don't think being a good parent absolves legal accountability. If I forget my child in my home, in a shopping cart, in the backyard, etc...and they die...I will be held accountable legally. I feel the car has become this magical place where there is no accountability for negligence. Failing to remember a child for any reason (aside from something like a medical event or similar) is neglecting the moral and legal responsibility a parent has. If they are a good parent every day and their child happens to die on the day they aren't the best parent...the other days shouldn't preclude legal accountability. I am not suggesting throwing the legal book at these parents. I am suggesting they MUST be held legally accountable in some manner, for the negligence and the crime they committed. Compassion and accountability are not mutually exclusive. I feel incredible sympathy and also feel the legal system has a responsibility to the deceased child.

Could it happen to me? I don't think so, because I take all the steps to make sure it doesn't. If it did, I would deserve to be held accountable. Holding a parent accountable probably won't prevent the next one. The death penalty probably won't prevent the next serial killer. DUI laws probably won't prevent the next drunk driver. But we have them, because we are a system that holds people accountable for the crimes they have committed. EVEN when it wasn't intentional.

Fly high little angels.

I have a somewhat controversial (perhaps) take on these crimes. I DO think they are crimes. I don't think being a good parent absolves legal accountability. If I forget my child in my home, in a shopping cart, in the backyard, etc...and they die...I will be held accountable legally. I feel the car has become this magical place where there is no accountability for negligence. Failing to remember a child for any reason (aside from something like a medical event or similar) is neglecting the moral and legal responsibility a parent has. If they are a good parent every day and their child happens to die on the day they aren't the best parent...the other days shouldn't preclude legal accountability. I am not suggesting throwing the legal book at these parents. I am suggesting they MUST be held legally accountable in some manner, for the negligence and the crime they committed. Compassion and accountability are not mutually exclusive. I feel incredible sympathy and also feel the legal system has a responsibility to the deceased child.

Could it happen to me? I don't think so, because I take all the steps to make sure it doesn't. If it did, I would deserve to be held accountable. Holding a parent accountable probably won't prevent the next one. The death penalty probably won't prevent the next serial killer. DUI laws probably won't prevent the next drunk driver. But we have them, because we are a system that holds people accountable for the crimes they have committed. EVEN when it wasn't intentional.

Fly high little angels.
He has been charged.

i don't buy this

the smell,it must have been noticeable after 8 hours........ he must have looked in rearview mirror....did they have extra mirror to view baby seats

did he not think of them during the day and get that jolt as he remembered?
did his wife not text? ask how drop off went? discuss day to day stuff which could jolt his memory?

bystanders....nobody saw or heard anything......where did he exactly park?

i don't buy this

the smell,it must have been noticeable after 8 hours........ he must have looked in rearview mirror....did they have extra mirror to view baby seats

did he not think of them during the day and get that jolt as he remembered?
did his wife not text? ask how drop off went? discuss day to day stuff which could jolt his memory?

bystanders....nobody saw or heard anything......where did he exactly park?
He parked in a very large parking lot that is away from street traffic. Nobody walking by the lot on a sidewalk around the hospital would have been able to hear any cries from inside a car, I don't think. However, there are hundreds and hundreds of people who work at the hospital and who use the parking lot so I would like to know where in the lot he parked and if that is his normal spot.

I am also curious about lunch. Does he normally leave for lunch or stay at the hospital through the break?

(I am somewhat familiar with the location, fwiw.)

jmo

Fly high little angels.

I couldn't agree more

i fail to see how you can drive for ten minutes without knowing

he must have seen them on approach to the vehicle.....did he have a bag to put in the boot? or on passenger seat. you would see out of peripheral vision

what did he have his mind on?

Twins? Forget and leave twins in the car? Not buying it.

Did he leave his cell phone in the car? His wallet? His keys? His glasses?

I am tired of people getting a pass on this. A little boy with disabilities died in a hot car in Vegas several years ago...no one noticed that their Autistic son was missing for 8 hours?

So few of these people get charged. It is always, "Oh, how terrible, a tragedy.".

Children dead. Prison for life.

The victims here are dead. The perpetrator is alive and charged. He will probably get some token probation.

Twins? Forget and leave twins in the car? Not buying it.

Did he leave his cell phone in the car? His wallet? His keys? His glasses?

I am tired of people getting a pass on this. A little boy with disabilities died in a hot car in Vegas several years ago...no one noticed that their Autistic son was missing for 8 hours?

So few of these people get charged. It is always, "Oh, how terrible, a tragedy.".

Children dead. Prison for life.

The victims here are dead. The perpetrator is alive and charged. He will probably get some token probation.

My thoughts exactly.

when he parked up to go to work why didn't he interact with them if he is so doting?

did he literally park, jump out and walk off to work?

would they not be awake and babbling/talking? making their presence known?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back