Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #109

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both of these girls had seemingly good home lifes. MOO

Teens can still make poor decisions, however. I was a straight-A student who graduated hs and started college at 16. I volunteered at homeless shelters and soup kitchens. I didn't smoke, never drank, and despite having a serious boyfriend I abstained from intercourse until I was 21. My relationship with my single mother was very Gilmore Girls. I never got in trouble at school. Still, I cringe at some of the asinine stunts I pulled as a teen-most of which my mom is still blissfully ignorant about. Smart, mature teens are nevertheless still children.

If an official search had continued through the night then who knows how contaminted the crime scene might have become.

Warning: irreverent post:

At the County Fair yesterday, I wonder if any of the goats are related to BG's Baby Goat:

View attachment 196703

Yeah, the world needs a Baby Goat song to push Baby Shark out of the limelight!

Baby Goat, bleat bleat, bleat, bleat

The Tree Billy Goats Gruff story happens on a bridge, after all. I suppose BG is the troll here?

Please accept my apologies....

RIP, young ladies, your stars shine brightly for us!

Seriously? You are joking around about a man that killed two innocent young girls. I can’t imagine what their families would think if they saw this. Not funny.

Teens can still make poor decisions, however. I was a straight-A student who graduated hs and started college at 16. I volunteered at homeless shelters and soup kitchens. I didn't smoke, never drank, and despite having a serious boyfriend I abstained from intercourse until I was 21. My relationship with my single mother was very Gilmore Girls. I never got in trouble at school. Still, I cringe at some of the asinine stunts I pulled as a teen-most of which my mom is still blissfully ignorant about. Smart, mature teens are nevertheless still children.

If an official search had continued through the night then who knows how contaminted the crime scene might have become.
I think the opposite. If an official search had continued, a law enforcement search, there would have been less contamination of the area by locals who could wind up being considered suspects to a crime later on.

I understand the results would have been the same. However, my opinion, at the very least, the search should have resumed at day break, not 10am

Yeah - this is possible, but go into the minds of LE.

Call off a search for girls missing barely dark in winter

Don't bother searching again until 10 am next morning

Why?

If they were going to grandma's then LE would have known by then. If they were going to any relatives they would have popped up on the radar before 10 am the next day.

Maybe they were so sure they weren't in the area that their search efforts were elsewhere - canvassing, etc. They simply didn't think they'd been murdered right there....

I have no doubt, at this point, LE regrets some stuff.

JMO
Was the vid broadcast on snap chat, or just found on phone? If broadcast and someone saw it, is that why they called off search? They knew it was too late to save the girls? I don’t know how snap chat works, is it videos or just still pictures?

Warning: irreverent post:

At the County Fair yesterday, I wonder if any of the goats are related to BG's Baby Goat:

View attachment 196703

Yeah, the world needs a Baby Goat song to push Baby Shark out of the limelight!

The Tree Billy Goats Gruff story happens on a bridge, after all. I suppose BG is the troll here?

Please accept my apologies....

RIP, young ladies, your stars shine brightly for us!

While I understand the thought and suggestion of BG having a goat under his coat is funny at best, THIS post is in very poor taste!

Was the vid broadcast on snap chat, or just found on phone? If broadcast and someone saw it, is that why they called off search? They knew it was too late to save the girls? I don’t know how snap chat works, is it videos or just still pictures?
The video was not posted to Snapchat, the photo of the bridge and Abby on the bridge were posted.

The search was called off after searching the area and not finding the girls (they were looking for live girls, not bodies) due to it being dark. Volunteers and family continued searching throughout the night. At that point LE said the girls were not presumed to be in danger. Even the girls family were assuming the girls had ran off to a family members house and were calling around. They continued to search in other ways than searching the trail area where they had already looked for the girls. No one expected this to end in tragedy.

I was reading some older posts and saw a couple of names mentioned. My curiosity peaked as I had not recalled seeing the names previously. I heard rumors of the girl(s) having boyfriend(s) but assumed it was a rumor as most posters claimed it was. I also spotted a post on SM by the father of one rumored boyfriend confirming one of the girls was his girlfriend. I'm sure these boys have been checked out and I'm sure by not mentioning them in news it saves them from being harassed, which is the correct thing to do with minors. But each time I go back and review I see the entire situation from an entirely different perspective. I think "how did I miss that?"

Don’t get me wrong, I like Gray’s Delphi videos BUT I just happened to be watching his “Discuss Cases In The News” from July 25th (around the 3:00-4:00 mark) and thought it was very rude for him to call people from Websleuths “clowns” and said how stupid we are. According to GH we are literally dumb people.

Yeah, really. We are ALL amateur sleuthers. Him included.

People have theories, ideas, and opinions, and I think most of the time people are entitled to their theory, idea, or opinion.

My opinion when it comes to making theories or stating opinions about this case is to remember that Liberty German did something more than just film the bridge guy. I think I can safely assume her video of him has a timestamp. So in this case it should be relatively easy to determine alibis based on that timestamp. And it has been almost 2 and a half years.

Last edited:
I'm seeing it in a new light lately too, and am focused on the disproportionate chin size mentioned along with the new sketch, in particular.

I was reading some older posts and saw a couple of names mentioned. My curiosity peaked as I had not recalled seeing the names previously. I heard rumors of the girl(s) having boyfriend(s) but assumed it was a rumor as most posters claimed it was. I also spotted a post on SM by the father of one rumored boyfriend confirming one of the girls was his girlfriend. I'm sure these boys have been checked out and I'm sure by not mentioning them in news it saves them from being harassed, which is the correct thing to do with minors. But each time I go back and review I see the entire situation from an entirely different perspective. I think "how did I miss that?"

It is possible they could have found something more if they had searched all night - possibly crime related activity, other people who did not belong in the woods at night, etc.

I know they say they stopped the search for safety reasons, which is reasonable. I just wonder what was going on out there overnight. I know the girls died within "minutes" (up to 59 minutes) of the video, but what else was happening out there?

The video was not posted to Snapchat, the photo of the bridge and Abby on the bridge were posted.

The search was called off after searching the area and not finding the girls (they were looking for live girls, not bodies) due to it being dark. Volunteers and family continued searching throughout the night. At that point LE said the girls were not presumed to be in danger. Even the girls family were assuming the girls had ran off to a family members house and were calling around. They continued to search in other ways than searching the trail area where they had already looked for the girls. No one expected this to end in tragedy.

I understand the results would have been the same. However, my opinion, at the very least, the search should have resumed at day break, not 10am

I would also like to know why the search didn't resume at first light. Lots of people have wondered why it was called off so early, but there has been little questioning as to why it started so late. In our area we start them an hour after daybreak.

People have theories, ideas, and opinions, and I think most of the time people are entitled to their theory, idea, or opinion.

My opinion when it comes to making theories or stating opinions about this case is to remember that Liberty German did something more than just film the bridge guy. I think I can safely assume her video of him has a timestamp. So in this case it should be relatively easy to determine alibis based on that timestamp. And it has been almost 2 and a half years.

My comment was purely in regards to GH ridiculing us when he, himself, IS one of us. I haven't commented on alibis or timestamps.

I think the opposite. If an official search had continued, a law enforcement search, there would have been less contamination of the area by locals who could wind up being considered suspects to a crime later on.

My husband has been an official SAR worker for our state for almost a decade. My comments are purely in regards to what we have seen and learned both through training and experience over literally hundreds of cases, some that ended in death and others that did not. I understand thst others have their own opinions.

I now believe the crime was planned but the victims were not planned (I.e. the killer wanted to commit the crime and planned it but the girls happened to be the ones who walked into his trap). I believe this guy is a predator who fantasized about the crime. He had a spot staked out, the gear prepped to conduct the crime, and he went into those woods along that trail and those poor girls, sadly, were the ones who showed up.

However what does not make sense to me is the timing. If you were trolling for little girl victims on a weekday in those woods, wouldn’t you be there later in the day after school let out? It makes me wonder if he is somehow connected to the school system and so knew the unusual schedule for that day. A bus driver?

I also think they have DNA and just don’t have a match. Have they ever asked for volunteer swabs of community residents?

All MOO
Why do you suggest bus driver? A teacher, principal, coach, school counselor, school nurse, or parent of a child attending this particular school would all be aware of the schedule for that day.

Have you read some of the things people share on this website?

So therefore it is not actually BG at Freedom Bridge at 3:02. It was the OBG who we are supposed to disregard.... I wonder where and by who YBG was sighted?
I believe that some witnesses differ about the age and that caused the YBG sketch. It was BG that was seen. The person that was seen has not come forward to identify himself. MOO

MOO that wasn't BG that was seen at 3:02 at the FB. I can't find any mention except as seen by... not sure. Though possibly CME saw BG if she was ahead of FSG on the trail, amd could be anticipated to be getting back to FB around that time. There was man on the platform with a shofar at that time did not see a man.

I am going to add, why was BBR yard searched? MOO someone saw something being thrown from a car after 3pm on 2/13/17. If so where was the car headed going west out of town on a secondary road? Or was he just cautiously driving around randomly before return to his nearby home in the dark?

1. What's a shofar?
2. Have you a source/link for the shofar man?

ETA No worries about this now. I have read further and it is the bullshorn. I am not sure he was the guy seen near FB at 3.02 though - if it was him he has come forward and been identified already. So it had to be BG seen at 3.02 as he has not come forward.
MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members