Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have no information that they had the boat prior to the Rav4 burning.

It would be far too long to have carried within the vehicle , so if they had it, it would have had to be on the roof. At this point there’s no sighting of them with the boat on the roof.

It’s not too difficult to get to the river from the burn site using the existing dirt roads. But they wouldn’t be able to see it until they were practically at the riverbank.

So where would they have found the boat, assuming they weren’t carrying it like a canoe? Would they have been lucky enough to find a boat at the nearby Sundance Camp?

I have to think they were able to hang around there for a couple of days, all while RCMP was searching the area.
That is what I was wondering. Were they in the area while the search was going on? Then they got lucky and found an abandoned boat?

does anyone know what the likelihood they would survive if them and their belongings did get wet while in the boat? Say they flipped it. Even if they were able to get themselves to the shore would they be able to survive once they were soaked ?

I suspect they took still images with a survey camera, and reviewed them after the fact. In the Calgary case I mentioned, a random aerial survey camera that happened to be in the area captured images of human remains. The zoom power was amazing, and helped make the case. I bet the military S&R has something similar, if not better.

They sent officers to look immediately after circling though. Whatever the plane saw obviously couldn’t be found by those officers or it was decided to keep the finding quiet

I can’t comment on the boat location as I wasn’t in the gillam area when it was found but the star for the car is wrong. Attached is a map pinpointing where the car was found. Source: I have stood in and around the ash where the car was burnt out.
Amazing to have someone who has been there. Based on your star, they may have intended to hide out in the Sundance Camp. But they didn't check Wikipedia and were surprised that the buildings were removed years ago.

Amazing to have someone who has been there. Based on your star, they may have intended to hide out in the Sundance Camp. But they didn't check Wikipedia and were surprised that the buildings were removed years ago.

Based on the location I wouldn’t be entirely surprised if they tried to make the corner in to Sundance and overshot in to the ditch. Wouldn’t entirely add up though as I imagine they could have driven probably out of the ditch. No signs that they had tried to get out of the ditch though there had been some extreme rain not long after the dumped it there.

I can’t comment on the boat location as I wasn’t in the gillam area when it was found but the star for the car is wrong. Attached is a map pinpointing where the car was found. Source: I have stood in and around the ash where the car was burnt out.

Thank you! We've been reading every bit of information we can find to figure things out. Much appreciated.

We have no information that they had the boat prior to the Rav4 burning.

It would be far too long to have carried within the vehicle , so if they had it, it would have had to be on the roof. At this point there’s no sighting of them with the boat on the roof.

It’s not too difficult to get to the river from the burn site using the existing dirt roads. But they wouldn’t be able to see it until they were practically at the riverbank.

So where would they have found the boat, assuming they weren’t carrying it like a canoe? Would they have been lucky enough to find a boat at the nearby Sundance Camp?

I have to think they were able to hang around there for a couple of days, all while RCMP was searching the area.

There's no evidence that they had a boat with the car. One of the many witnesses would probably have seen if they had one. Maybe they were attempting to hide out in the bush first. But then they saw the insane amount of police, helicopters, etc. looking for them and freaked out. They happened to come across this boat, made an escape, probably in the dead of night to avoid being seen, had no idea what they were getting into, aaaaand...dead.

This is sounding less and less planned to me. Maybe at one point there was a plan but once the RAV4 was burned nothing makes sense.

All of their decisions either seem to be the decisions of two people who are freaking out so much they can't think straight and are incapable of long-term planning, and/or who are in some kind of folie a deux and not living in the same reality as everyone else.

Here's a thought...maybe the murders or other criminal activity like robbery WAS planned and that's why they lied to their families about where they were going. But thinking about doing something and actually doing it are two very different things. Maybe it was only once they actually did it (whether "it" started with Lucas/Chynna or Professor Dyck) and actually saw the murder scene and all, that they fully realized what they did and the consequences. From that point they spiraled more and more into a panic and basically were just running as far as they could go without any clear long-term objective.

That is what I was wondering. Were they in the area while the search was going on? Then they got lucky and found an abandoned boat?

does anyone know what the likelihood they would survive if them and their belongings did get wet while in the boat? Say they flipped it. Even if they were able to get themselves to the shore would they be able to survive once they were soaked ?

Also keep in mind, on the night of the 24th or 25th (can't remember which) were extremely heavy thunderstorms in the area, and the RCMP said it would have been very difficult for them to endure. They could have gotten soaked and maybe gotten hypothermia either way if they were alive by then. I wrote a couple of days ago about the information I was able to find on the water temperature in the Nelson River. The information I found came from further south and about 300 miles away, but it was 65 to 72 degrees F, so if the water temperature around Gillam is similar, that doesn't seem too bad. But if they got soaked in the river and the air temperature at night is around mid-50s, that could be bad if they couldn't dry off.

Based on the location I wouldn’t be entirely surprised if they tried to make the corner in to Sundance and overshot in to the ditch. Wouldn’t entirely add up though as I imagine they could have driven probably out of the ditch. No signs that they had tried to get out of the ditch though there had been some extreme rain not long after the dumped it there.

@aphoto...Welcome! You are a breath of fresh air! So nice to have the perspective from one that has actually been there.

@aphoto...Welcome, you are a breath of fresh air! So nice to have the perspective from one that has actually been there.

Thanks, I was only there for a few days at the end of last week, missed most of the action but was enough time on the ground to have a pretty good understanding of where key things were and what the terrain and climate was like.

To those wondering about chance of survival after getting wet I don’t think that’s a concern. The days are warm and from what I understand the water isn’t too cold this time of year either.

Possibly the RCMP found contents of a wallet - some kind of ID (could be anything like a S.I.N card or even a library card, Wallmart ID), either left there on purpose or from a flipped boat).

It would be great if that is what it was that they found, but of all things to leave behind, I'm not sure something small and lightweight like that would be, unless it was done on purpose. And that's assuming that they even carry wallets (my sons who are 18 and 19 don't). I just watched one of the video's that someone shared a few pages back, IF they took a boat, I don't know if they could survive. I'm being cautious at this point about everything we hear. JMO

Thanks, I was only there for a few days at the end of last week, missed most of the action but was enough time on the ground to have a pretty good understanding of where key things were and what the terrain and climate was like.

To those wondering about chance of survival after getting wet I don’t think that’s a concern. The days are warm and from what I understand the water isn’t too cold this time of year either.

Were you able to get a sense of how deep the water is near the Lower Limestone Rapids? I researched it a bit but the data primarily focused seasonal level changes rather than high and low levels.

Do we know if the boat and the items were found in close vicinity to each other? If so, what are the chances of them being washed ashore in this manner? After all the Nelson seems to be quite fast and rough--I would expect things to be washed up more sporadically, if at all.

My gut is telling me that these two would have been frightened by the river and would not have attempted it. I am leaning toward the idea that they left the items intentionally to be found, either to send a message (perhaps to family?) that they are still alive or to continue the "catch me if you can" game. It seems to fit the pattern--burnt truck and camper, burnt RAV4, the smug stroll through the local co-op, and now a trashed boat and personal items. It all screams "look at me! look at me!". As I mentioned before I think their egos crave attention.

Admittedly, my hope that they are found alive so that we may get some answers and the families may get a little closure is surely swaying me a bit here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname