Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you very much for this. I tried to find this location a while back, and could not.

It makes me wonder what on earth they were doing there? The only thing I can think of is looking at the back of the houses, maybe seeking an unoccupied one (or worse) or a car to steal.
Some have surmised they were headed back to the highway after camping at Cold Lake Municipal Campground the night before, which makes sense, since they got stuck about 10 am that morning. The campground is in the upper left corner:
Google Maps

The road runs down the centre of the map. The hospital and senior's home is to the left. The neighbourhood where the helper came from is on the right.
Google Maps

I'm a bit confused here....
The road in the map that I think you are talking about looks nothing like the photo of where they were said to be stuck.
Am I looking at the wrong road?

ETA: Road in the map is very cleary a dirt road and you can follow along street view for a pretty good distance. Where they were said to be stuck there is differently no dirt there.

I started WS and was sucked in after the Liknes/O'Brien murders (which basically traumatized me for life after following the trial) so had to stop for a long time more or less. That was a doozy, still is for me. Then the odd case comes up and back at it lol... I live on the island so kinda close to Port Alberni so was shocked that island boys went and did this!
You can pretty much play WS join date bingo here, figuring out what case sucked any given person in. Summer 2019? #CanadaManhunt. Spring 2013? #Millard/Smich. Summer 2008? #JusticeforTravis Etc. :). It’s the ones that I either a) just can’t understand what happened, or b) just can’t believe what happened that get me. I’m conversant on the basic details of many high profile cases, but there have only ever been four that I’ve been drawn to talk about with others like this, compelled to try to understand.

Keeping in mind, of course, that there are still many, many areas of uncertainty and no proof whatsoever, up until now, at least, that those two teenagers murdered anybody. Nevertheless, just in case they were guilty, they were chased to their deaths in the wilderness. A form of justice that feels way too Neanderthal for my liking taking the total to five completely tragic, unnecessary and brutal losses of precious lives. MOO.
I agree. So far no evidence put forward, not even a cause of death for Mr Dyck. For all we know, he had a heart attack or choked to death on a chop when he realised they were driving away in his car. Or he had stopped and walked toward their burning truck (which we don't even know yet was deliberate or accidental, and it exploded, severely injuring or killing him, they tried to drive him out in his car but left his body when they realised he was dead and fled in his car). I don't believe police have evidence to charge with CD and LF murders, they are trying to find something to pin it on them and that's why they have dragged this on for so long. Meanwhile, no resources spent on hounding after the other "person of interest" who was seen by a witness at the murder scene only hours before their bodies were found. All to disjointed and unbalanced an investigation for me. I do wonder if perhaps the way the three bodies were laid after death was noted to be similar, but the three murders were not linked until days after Mr Dyck was found, so probably not! While every tiny piece of information is being withheld, nobody can know what happened. Jeez, if the Oz police hadn't said CD and LF were shot, would the RCMP have even disclosed that?

Last edited:
I would have to see the photos again but I would not characterize the position of their bodies as being down an embankment, in a ditch, or down a grassy slope. From what I remember there is a grassy area beside the van but no hill or slope or ditch. I just looked and did not find a photo and dont have the time to look further right now.
I'm truly sorry to post this disturbing photograph again, but by way of illustration...

EBj0cnxVAAAt_Op.jpg

You'll see that the vehicle is pulled off a bit onto the gravel and the body locations are down a bit of a slope below. That is why I suggest the possibility that, at night, they might not be seen. MOO. In fact, as I pointed out, they weren't noticed for a full two hours in complete daylight.

You can pretty much play WS join date bingo here, figuring out what case sucked any given person in. Summer 2019? #CanadaManhunt. Spring 2013? #Millard/Smich. Summer 2008? #JusticeforTravis Etc. :). It’s the ones that I either a) just can’t understand what happened, or b) just can’t believe what happened that get me.
SBM

I think it's the same for me in being drawn in by the ones that are just so hard for me to understand or believe.

And I think your bingo game sounds about right! Summer 2018 for me, so definitely the Watts case.

You can pretty much play WS join date bingo here, figuring out what case sucked any given person in. Summer 2019? #CanadaManhunt. Spring 2013? #Millard/Smich. Summer 2008? #JusticeforTravis Etc. :). It’s the ones that I either a) just can’t understand what happened, or b) just can’t believe what happened that get me. I’m conversant on the basic details of many high profile cases, but there have only ever been four that I’ve been drawn to talk about with others like this, compelled to try to understand.

Definitely! Some mind boggling stories. Hard to not want to know what happened. I'm a curious person as it is, so easy to get sucked in lol :)

Ok this is the last map you're getting tonight :) I just scrolled a little for you. Grass on the alleyway:
Google Maps

Building in behind in the photo doesn't look to match up with what would have been behind if that were the road and they were stuck on in that location, but sure I'll just take your word for it.

This line has always struck me as sort of like, a teenager attempting to sound like what a villain in a movie would sound like. Anyone else agree?
Actually it was Kam Mcleod who said the following: " He figured they were local teens out for a rip in their parents' Toyota ... and said 'No, mom and dad told me to go for a long joy ride," Ste-Croix says." not Bryer

Actually it was Kam Mcleod who said the following: " He figured they were local teens out for a rip in their parents' Toyota ... and said 'No, mom and dad told me to go for a long joy ride," Ste-Croix says." not Bryer
I think if in that situation if I had said it (which appeared to have been said in lightheartedness) and then he replied to me smiling, I would laugh and take it as a joke!

Last edited:
Maybe nobody else finds this odd, but I thought it was kind of strange when he pulled up and they were stuck that they had the doors of the vehicle open. I wonder why. If I was stuck in mud and standing outside assessing the situation, I'd probably close the doors of the vehicle just to avoid getting any mud in the car while I was trying to unstick myself. They'd been stuck for over an hour, apparently, so it wasn't like they just got out.
Not if you are trying to push the vehicle out - many often open the doors to get a good 'hand grip' of the vehicle.

Imo, I would take much of the Cold Lake conversation/info with a grain of salt. The story has changed so many times. He didn’t report the situation until several days later and it was understood B&K were probably in the rv. Someone wanting their 15 minutes of attention imo. Locals don’t believe three quarters of what he said. The whole conversation he claims he had with the teens is ODD. Moo

Last edited:
Imo, I would take much of the Cold Lake info with a grain of salt. The story has changed so many times. He didn’t report situation until several days later and it was understood B&K were probably in the rv. Someone wanting their 15 minutes of attention imo. Locals don’t believe three quarters of what he said.
I'll take the RCMP's word that the Cold Lake sighting was confirmed.
Cold Lake RCMP confirm June 21 sighting of wanted men | Royal Canadian Mounted Police

Last edited:
I'm truly sorry to post this disturbing photograph again, but by way of illustration...

You'll see that the vehicle is pulled off a bit onto the gravel and the body locations are down a bit of a slope below. That is why I suggest the possibility that, at night, they might not be seen. MOO. In fact, as I pointed out, they weren't noticed for a full two hours in complete daylight.
I feel the traffic through the night would have been quiet, cars etc would likely not see them in their headlights, the semi-trailer trucker lights definitely would likely shine light on them. Even someone in a car driving through is focused likely on getting to their destination and could easily not even notice the broken window. Also its wide road and remote area, people tend to speed by

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24