Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there are shell casings near the bodies apparently the RCMP won’t collect them until msm publishes a picture of the shell casings......

In the event of a death, a crime scene isn't touched by anyone until forensic photographs have been taken of the scene in order to prove illegal acts and to establish how and why a person died.

They are also used in order to provide a permanent record for the courts/coroner. Nothing should be touched until these photographs have been taken as they’re important evidence. The RCMP won't collect any shell casings until their own forensic photographer has taken these pics. MSM have no rights, but LE may choose to release some photos, or not.

As I am just getting caught up...the RCMP officer in the video...could he of just meant for example the autopsy would determine if homicide or suicide. Because if I remember correctly that when the items were first found by the shoreline, RCMP stated that they didn’t think B@K would be a threat anymore.

Last edited:
In the event of a death, a crime scene isn't touched by anyone until forensic photographs have been taken of the scene in order to prove illegal acts and to establish how and why a person died.

They are also used in order to provide a permanent record for the courts/coroner. Nothing should be touched until these photographs have been taken as they’re important evidence. The RCMP won't collect any shell casings until their own forensic photographer has taken these pics. MSM have no rights, but LE may choose to release some photos, or not.

I'm thinking logically the keys and any other items like burnt sardine cans, etc. fell out of the Rav 4 when it was flipped over to be removed from the scene.

I feel the traffic through the night would have been quiet, cars etc would likely not see them in their headlights, the semi-trailer trucker lights definitely would likely shine light on them. Even someone in a car driving through is focused likely on getting to their destination and could easily not even notice the broken window. Also its wide road and remote area, people tend to speed by
You are right about trucker lights, as linked in previous threads, it was a truck driver who initially spotted Chynna and Lucas on the side of the road.

Last edited:
I'm truly sorry to post this disturbing photograph again, but by way of illustration...

EBj0cnxVAAAt_Op.jpg

You'll see that the vehicle is pulled off a bit onto the gravel and the body locations are down a bit of a slope below. That is why I suggest the possibility that, at night, they might not be seen. MOO. In fact, as I pointed out, they weren't noticed for a full two hours in complete daylight.
Just looking at this photo again - I remembered reading that one of the items found at the burned-out Toyota RAV4 was a crowbar (see under the section "Survival Items Left Behind" at https://7news.com.au/news/crime/bugs-will-eat-canada-fugitives-expert-c-375313). I'm just speculating that maybe an implement like that was used to smash the window? If this has been discussed earlier, please ignore this post. I'm only on here sporadically.

Just looking at this photo again - I remembered reading that one of the items found at the burned-out Toyota RAV4 was a crowbar (see under the section "Survival Items Left Behind" at https://7news.com.au/news/crime/bugs-will-eat-canada-fugitives-expert-c-375313). I'm just speculating that maybe an implement like that was used to smash the window? It this has been discussed earlier, please ignore this post. I'm only on here sporadically.

It definitely could have been used for that.

I think crowbar, or buttstock of a gun.

Now that us 'sleuthers' spent the better part of Friday parsing the burnt keys at the site of the Rav4, I hope this is laid to rest. I did not find anything abnormal about that. For those of us also following the Mackenzie Lueck murder case - the LE hard search warrants for AA's home with crime scene tape around it. The next day the tape was removed, and a reporter from Inside Edition walked around the backyard of the property with film crews and cameras. A week or so later, LE returned back to the house and got more evidence from inside. In the countless murder cases or investigations I've followed, that appears to happen often that LE will return to a point of a crime scene. If the Rav4 keys were missed, I do not for one moment feel it was due to poor police work.

Just watched an interview with a Sgt. who was involved in the intense search near the river after the boat was found. He said that they were on the run and that the location they were found was where “they decided” that was it. Interesting choice of words.

Manitoba RCMP describe 'harsh' terrain where bodies believed to be that of BC murder suspects were found — Global News

Yep. This is quite revealing IMO.

We have tourist hikers die each year in the NZ bush/mountains - in summer. People underestimate these conditions.

Without proper gear, survival kit to keep warm, shelter, fire, food, water - you don't last long, especially in rain, especially if you are not moving

Whether or not these guys dropped out from exposure or killed themselves is unknown, but its obviously a bit of a wash because they won't live long at that location.

My guess, is following the boat smash, they are wet, possibly injured and have lost whatever kit/food they had with them.

They decide to head back up river to confuse any potential pursuit. Maybe also they intentionally stayed on the river banks where they'd be hard to find - or maybe they were looking for an exit point.

Judging by the comments of this gentlemen, they reached a point where they could not advance further due to the reported 60-80 foot river banks and difficult terrain.

If the terrain is very difficult for the gentleman being interviewed, despite all his kit and being fully supplied and fit, you can imagine how tough it is having just been tipped out in a the rapids following a boat crash with no food or shelter and potentially injured

So one way or another, they got to the end of the road and probably lacked the means to go forward or back ...

Last edited:
Now that us 'sleuthers' spent the better part of Friday parsing the burnt keys at the site of the Rav4, I hope this is laid to rest. I did not find anything abnormal about that. For those of us also following the Mackenzie Lueck murder case - the LE hard search warrants for AA's home with crime scene tape around it. The next day the tape was removed, and a reporter from Inside Edition walked around the backyard of the property with film crews and cameras. A week or so later, LE returned back to the house and got more evidence from inside. In the countless murder cases or investigations I've followed, that appears to happen often that LE will return to a point of a crime scene. If the Rav4 keys were missed, I do not for one moment feel it was due to poor police work.

Exactly. It is routine for evidence to turn up even years later, discovered by a member of the public.

That does not mean it is "contaminated"

Indeed in the case of keys, they will still fit a lock that is out there, and the location of recovery, 100s of km away, will of course tell the story adequately.

One can understand that once the burnt out Rav4 turned up, in the context of an active manhunt, LE was rather more interested in where the occupants might have gone, than what was left behind.

Exactly. It is routine for evidence to turn up even years later, discovered by a member of the public.

That does not mean it is "contaminated"

Indeed in the case of keys, they will still fit a lock that is out there, and the location of recovery, 100s of km away, will of course tell the story adequately.

One can understand that once the burnt out Rav4 turned up, in the context of an active manhunt, LE was rather more interested in where the occupants might have gone, than what was left behind.
I guess people will have to agree to disagree on the minimum protocols they would expect for these things! I have seen many cases where items have showed up later at a crime scene and the entire process of how this happened is investigated thoroughly. Anyone could just go down and toss something extra in to add false evidence or remove evidence that was missed otherwise! This is also very dfferent to a locked, cordoned and secured house!

Last edited:
I guess people will have to agree to disagree on the minimum protocols they would expect for these things! I have seen many cases where items have showed up later at a crime scene and the entire process of how this happened is investigated thoroughly. Anyone could just go down and toss something extra in to add false evidence or remove evidence that was missed otherwise! This is also very dfferent to a locked, cordoned and secured house!

Situational context matters.

The car turns up burned in a remote location. The offenders are not on site. The value of this piece of evidence is it shows the killers are somewhere locally. The priority is therefore to allocate all resources to locating the triple murders are as fast as possible to protect locals.

I am not going to second guess the use of finite resources in that situation.

Australian newspaper reporting today that police may not reveal cause of death for BS and KM. Also saying that RMCP have said that "the inquiry into the murders of Mr Fowler and his girlfriend Chynna Deese were still far from over. A spokesman said they were still examining the possibility that McLeod and Schmegelsky were not their killers, and that a third person might be responsible". (sorry, you may have to try the "incognito" trick mentioned in someone's earlier post to try to miss the paywall to read :()
NoCookies | The Australian

Last edited:
I was just speed reading back on thread 1 and 2 and @PingTheRouter had BS and KM pegged as the culprits way back then. Really astute of him! Another sleuther and myself had entertain the idea as well. But, after the composite drawing of the POI who was seen talking to Lucas and Chynna, I was set on the Texan killer.

EBM - typos and auto correct

Last edited:
Australian newspaper reporting toay that police may not reveal cause of death for BS and KM. Also saying that RMCP have said that "the inquiry into the murders of Mr Fowler and his girlfriend Chynna Deese were still far from over. A spokesman said they were still examining the possibility that McLeod and Schmegelsky were not their killers, and that a third person might be responsible". (sorry, you may have to try the "incognito" trick mentioned in someone's earlier post to try to miss the paywall to read :(
I have a bit of an issue with not revealing the COD for BS and KM. Their rein of terror has cause so much pain, stress, fear and so forth. Although, I am aware it is not my right to know, as a taxpayer, it would appease me very much. Additionally, imo it would stop speculations and and for the families directly involved, possibly the healing process could start to begin.

Last edited:
I was just speed reading back on thread 1 and 2 and @PingTheRouter had Bs and KM pegged as the culprits way back then. Really safe of him! Another skeuther and myself had entertain the idea as well. But, after the composite drawing of the POI seen talking to the teens, I was set on the Texan killer.
I have always felt that unless I hear the solid evidence, I don't think I can be convinced they did it, but then also don't want another killer still out there waiting to strike again and ruin more lives :(

Last edited:
I have always felt that unless I hear about the solid evidence, I don't think I can be convinced they did it, but then also don't want another killer still out there waiting to strike again and ruin more lives :(
I have some errors in my above post...auto correct and not seen talking to the teens but Lucas and Chynna.

Australian newspaper reporting today that police may not reveal cause of death for BS and KM. Also saying that RMCP have said that "the inquiry into the murders of Mr Fowler and his girlfriend Chynna Deese were still far from over. A spokesman said they were still examining the possibility that McLeod and Schmegelsky were not their killers, and that a third person might be responsible". (sorry, you may have to try the "incognito" trick mentioned in someone's earlier post to try to miss the paywall to read :()

That would surprise me. If the police don’t state the cause of death, someone will just pay Schmegelsky's father for the information and a copy of the autopsy report.

Also, query whether Manitoba death certificates require cause of death.

Last edited by a moderator:
That would surprise me. If the police don’t state the cause of death, someone will just pay Schmegelsky's father for the information and a copy of the autopsy report.

Also, query whether Manitoba death certificates require cause of death.
Yes, true, probably "60 minutes" again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member