Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would surprise me. If the police don’t state the cause of death, someone will just pay Schmegelsky's father for the information and a copy of the autopsy report.

Also, query whether Manitoba death certificates require cause of death.
BBM
I believe in all provinces cause of death is required if known.

That would surprise me. If the police don’t state the cause of death, someone will just pay Schmegelsky's father for the information and a copy of the autopsy report.

Also, query whether Manitoba death certificates require cause of death.
When the 'Australian' news paper tells me the temp, I always check with the Bureau of Meteorology. That news paper and truth are complete strangers, on a par with 'News of the World'..

It seems to be a concrete conclusion that Bry's Dad is not operating with a full deck, or .. is a tinnie short of a slab... It is of hardly any use taking what the poor bloke says, and transposing that into any sense of reality. I've seen a bit of a clip from the 60 mins nonsense, same stuff, Dad operating on another plane altogether.

None of which means that he is the cause of Bryers' determination to murder strange people, unarmed women, elderly gentlemen going about their business. That belongs to Bryer alone.

Just watched an interview with a Sgt. who was involved in the intense search near the river after the boat was found. He said that they were on the run and that the location they were found was where “they decided” that was it. Interesting choice of words.

Manitoba RCMP describe 'harsh' terrain where bodies believed to be that of BC murder suspects were found — Global News
I thought so too. Wondering if they at that time just killed themselves with a gun? Or maybe they just decided to lay down and die from being bit alive and exhaustion.

Schmegelsky’s great uncle told the CBC that Schmegelsky and McLeod left Port Alberti with a fairly substantial amount of money.

If true, that raises some questions...

Why did they murder Deese and Fowler?

Why didn’t they stop at that point, maybe having a chance of getting away with it?

Why murder Dyck and take his car, which they must have known would put the police onto them?

Why is there no statement from them before or after leaving Port Alberni, assuming that there isn’t one? I don’t buy the idea that they couldn’t put something in writing if they wanted to.

You can pretty much play WS join date bingo here, figuring out what case sucked any given person in. Summer 2019? #CanadaManhunt. Spring 2013? #Millard/Smich. Summer 2008? #JusticeforTravis Etc. :). It’s the ones that I either a) just can’t understand what happened, or b) just can’t believe what happened that get me. I’m conversant on the basic details of many high profile cases, but there have only ever been four that I’ve been drawn to talk about with others like this, compelled to try to understand.

I joined in March 2010, though I had lurked earlier with the Casey Anthony case. It was a local (to me at the time) case that drew me in. Dwight Clark of Bellingham WA. I was involved in the search for this young man, who sadly turned up dead in the ocean.

I thought so too. Wondering if they at that time just killed themselves with a gun? Or maybe they just decided to lay down and die from being bit alive and exhaustion.

see... this is a difficult scenario, isn't it? 'just killed themselves with a gun'... logically, or.. actually, logistically, that implies they both had a gun each. Both managed to keep both guns in good condition and loaded throughout all the haste of their travels. ..

Or.. one had one gun. Then one has to extract that gun to use on oneself. Reload, perhaps. . . That would have to be the one in actual charge of the lone weapon.. Or.. one does the both …

Lying down and dying together, . . that requires a considerable amount of luck, actually. The human body is so resilient, so unco-operative in the fight against the human mind to extinguish oneself. . .

The thing is mysterious..

see... this is a difficult scenario, isn't it? 'just killed themselves with a gun'... logically, or.. actually, logistically, that implies they both had a gun each. Both managed to keep both guns in good condition and loaded throughout all the haste of their travels. ..

Or.. one had one gun. Then one has to extract that gun to use on oneself. Reload, perhaps. . . That would have to be the one in actual charge of the lone weapon.. Or.. one does the both …

Lying down and dying together, . . that requires a considerable amount of luck, actually. The human body is so resilient, so unco-operative in the fight against the human mind to extinguish oneself. . .

The thing is mysterious..
A bit left field but wondering if the cctv store had open displays of Paracetamol or Rat Poison other means of selfharm.

A note and empty packets on the riverbank?

Eta: I still favour Gunshot somehow

I joined in March 2010, though I had lurked earlier with the Casey Anthony case. It was a local (to me at the time) case that drew me in. Dwight Clark of Bellingham WA. I was involved in the search for this young man, who sadly turned up dead in the ocean.
Isabel Celis and Victoria Stafford were the two cases that drawn me in. Years later we found out more about Isabel. Victoria was close to home so close her body was found 5-10 min down the road from us. I’m sure we will find out more about this case but it might be a long time before we hear more.

I don’t think that theft stands up as a motive for killing Deese and Fowler. Schmegelsky’s great uncle says that they had money. If they were short, McLeod’s family appears to be fairly well off. A phone call would have fixed the problem.

If correct, that suggests that there was no obvious motive for the murder of Deese and Fowler. Regardless, I think that they had a reasonable chance of getting away with it.

The murder of Dyck and the theft of his car sealed their fate. Surely they knew that. Why do it?

I suspect that the drive from there was just a matter of avoiding the TransCanada, on which they would certainly have been stopped, and that they wound up in Gillam pretty much by accident. It’s unlikely that they’d ever even heard of Gillam until they were well on their way east.

Combined with their decision not to turn themselves in, the whole thing sounds like a protracted suicide pact.

Criminologists/forensic psychologists will be trying to figure this one out for a long time, especially if there’s no note.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prison also would have meant they would be separated, which on top of everything else the future would hold may have felt intolerable.

Very good point. They would have never seen or talked to each other again.

Not to mention BS would probably get picked on and not fit in anywhere in prison. KM, hard to say as he supposedly was well liked.

Maybe KM was the confident sociopath and BS was the antisocial oddball with the ideas.

On the subject of prison, I'm thinking that the trollish things BS did to his peers and fellow gamers to get a rise out of them and mess with their heads are the type of thing that would get him beaten senseless on the first day of prison. I agree he probably would not have handled the experience well at all.

I don't think either of these two scrawny, basement-dwelling gamers would have fared well in prison.

Actually it was Kam Mcleod who said the following: " He figured they were local teens out for a rip in their parents' Toyota ... and said 'No, mom and dad told me to go for a long joy ride," Ste-Croix says." not Bryer

I never said it wasn't?

I have a bit of an issue with not revealing the COD for BS and KM. Their rein of terror has cause so much pain, stress, fear and so forth. Although, I am aware it is not my right to know, as a taxpayer, it would appease me very much. Additionally, imo it would stop speculations and and for the families directly involved, possibly the healing process could start to begin.

I'm also getting annoyed with the lack of information at this point. It made sense when there was a chance they'd be captured alive, but what's the point now? It's just letting speculation run rampant among the public. There's no reason not to release the COD. God bless that officer who basically told us what it was already!

Schmegelsky’s great uncle told the CBC that Schmegelsky and McLeod left Port Alberti with a fairly substantial amount of money.

If true, that raises some questions...

Why did they murder Deese and Fowler?

Why didn’t they stop at that point, maybe having a chance of getting away with it?

Why murder Dyck and take his car, which they must have known would put the police onto them?

Why is there no statement from them before or after leaving Port Alberni, assuming that there isn’t one? I don’t buy the idea that they couldn’t put something in writing if they wanted to.

My theories (all JMO):
1) Thrill killing or robbery for thrill gone wrong

2) I think they would have stopped but after the billboards asking for dashcam footage came out, they freaked out thinking they had been witnessed. They killed Prof Dyck for his car and since it was charged as second degree murder, they may not have intended to kill him.

3) They're idiots. I think they were trying to set up a scene where it looked like they were victims of the killer too. Or they thought burning the car would make it unidentifiable. Either that or there was no plan and it was a spur of the moment decision. Anyway they're idiots. Also it may have been a suicide thing, like burning everything they had ever known, including Bryer's prized gaming computer, and cutting ties with their families and heading off to die.

4) We don't know that there wasn't any note or writings. The police seem to love withholding information on this case. But if all this wasn't planned, maybe they had no clear explanation for why they did it either.

A bit left field but wondering if the cctv store had open displays of Paracetamol or Rat Poison other means of selfharm.

A note and empty packets on the riverbank?

Eta: I still favour Gunshot somehow

The officer's statements in that interview yesterday seemed to imply that the cause of death was immediately obvious. I'm thinking gunshot.

I'm also getting annoyed with the lack of information at this point. It made sense when there was a chance they'd be captured alive, but what's the point now? It's just letting speculation run rampant among the public. There's no reason not to release the COD. God bless that officer who basically told us what it was already!

There’s no way that the RCMP are going to make a statement on cause of death until the autopsy report is completed, which may or may not require tests, crime scene analysis has been done, any ballistics analysis has been done and the families have been briefed.

I think that they will make a statement when they have something definitive to say, not before. Partial statements just lead to more questions and more speculation.

Yes, I think any of these 3 scenarios--suicide with separate weapons, suicide one-at-a-time with the same weapon, or "helping" the one kill himself and then committing suicide--are plausible.

What an utterly grim ending.

There is a 4th possibility- they could have been both killed by a third party. I will leave the “who” up to each of you.

There’s no way that the RCMP are going to make a statement on cause of death until the autopsy report is completed, which may or may not require tests, crime scene analysis has been done, any ballistics analysis has been done and the families have been briefed.

I think that they will make a statement when they have something definitive to say, not before. Partial statements just lead to more questions and more speculation.

Well I hope so but I wouldn't be surprised if they just never release anything.

Well I hope so but I wouldn't be surprised if they just never release anything.

Why?

I’m sure that cause of death has to go on the death certificates.

In any event, it’s all likely to come out anyway. At some point, say through Schmegelsky Sr., the press may have Bryer Schmegelsky’s whole autopsy report. It wouldn’t surprise me if one of the Murdoch outlets has already arranged that.

Why?

I’m sure that cause of death has to go on the death certificates.

In any event, it’s all likely to come out anyway, probably via Schmegelsky’s father. At some point, courtesy him, the press are likely to have Bryer Schmegelsky’s whole autopsy report.

Why not? Why are they hiding all the other info about this case? Maybe it's just a US vs Canada thing but I've never seen a case before in my life where basic information about the crime committed was never released, weeks after it happened, even after the suspects were found dead. My guess is their plan is to just not say anything until the general public forgets about this case and just "forget" to ever release anything.

Well, maybe it will, but it shouldn't have to come out that way...the press is exploiting someone who I don't think is in their right mind to know that they're being exploited. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?