Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #110

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coincidentally (or not....!) it is also the same date that a bomb threat was called in regarding the Indiana Packers Corp. in Delphi.

I have often wondered if that threat was called into the plant in order to detract from the Press Conference that had occurred earlier that day.

Feb 22, 2017
UPDATED: Police: Bomb threat called in to Indiana Packers in Delphi

"Carroll Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said police remained at the scene until shortly after 4 p.m. helping Indiana Packers management and other law enforcement search the plant. The search turned up nothing, Leazenby said.

"I think somebody must've thought we had a bunch of downtime," Leazenby said in jest as police activity at the plant wound down.

He clarified that the activity was unrelated to law enforcement's ongoing investigation into the murder of two teenage Delphi girls.

Carroll County deputies are working with state police and the FBI on the double homicide case. The agencies had held a press conference Wednesday morning regarding the homicides.

However, Leazenby said the police presence at Indiana Packers was "totally unrelated to the homicide investigation."

Now I do realize that LE said that there was no connection to the investigation and they made that clear, but the timing was certainly very suspect. IMO.

JMO
bbm + red
Maybe, LE's cognition is today "totally" different than in 2017? Maybe, the deception started early on and the bomb threat phone call was an important part of leading LE/FBI into confusion and at least forced them dividing their investigation teams. Today they (LE/FBI) will know, if the bomb threat was totally unrelated indeed or if they got duped by BG.

If it was the video re-enactment that I saw, it was (C movie level) actors pretending to be BG and the 2 girls. If I recall, the man did not look at all like the sketch. Looked more like a junior college film class project. Some details seemed right, but others were from a superficial knowledge. But then again, I may have seen a different video/

That's the video I saw when I looked after the duration and upload date was posted.

Nobody has been arrested for that bomb threat to my knowledge.

There was one called regarding the same place approx a year earlier and there was a person arrested for that bomb threat.

I have no idea how they knew it was unrelated. It puzzles me.

Just looking for clarity regarding your last statement bbm.

It had been 9 days since the crime as this bomb threat occurred on Feb 22nd,....so I imagine that LE would have completed all of their examination of the CS by then.

JMO

I doubt at that point anyone knew for sure who was on a radar/being watched/etc. What if you realized you left something nearby, not at the CS, and wanted to find it. Create a disturbance elsewhere. Just a wild zjMO.

right. unless they know who BG is, they can't be 100% sure it's unrelated.

bbm + red
Maybe, LE's cognition is today "totally" different than in 2017? Maybe, the deception started early on and the bomb threat phone call was an important part of leading LE/FBI into confusion and at least forced them dividing their investigation teams. Today they (LE/FBI) will know, if the bomb threat was totally unrelated indeed or if they got duped by BG.

Different cases, different sketches, different location, different circumstances, different detectives.

"The sketch could literally be anyone." In my opinion that is why the case has not been solved. I think if law enforcement does have a tip of who this bridge guy suspect is, it is probably a general tip that does not have a name or address associated with it.

I think people often try and fit information into sketches to make it fit the right suspect description of what they see. So maybe someone has recognized him or maybe they have not.

There are many different possibilities especially when one sketch does not look like the other sketch and the video does not look like either sketch(in my opinion). So either keep using the sketches/video and hope to get lucky with a tip about the right person. Maybe that happens someday. Or figure out a different way to identify this bridge guy suspect.

So the problem here in my opinion is this: The anybody problem. The sketch could literally be anyone.

But it isn't. It is just one man.

Yes, I am well aware of these things. Just throwing out an example, as we often do here.

It is ok to come up with and use examples. The example I think of is the Molly Bish case from June 2000. In that case they had a sketch and a white car. 19 years later they are still looking for both. So it is a difference in examples that also is a basis for how we state our opinion.

The one thing I remember after watching the Disappeared episode about Molly Bish's case was the lead investigator commenting how after they released the sketch it turned into "thousands of leads" because they had people from all over the country calling to say how the sketch resembled someone they knew. The lead investigator said that checking out all the leads cost them a lot of lost time and other leads that they were checking out all those people.

This is what I meant. Does this mean that if someone sees a person who they think could be the Delphi killer but are not sure that they should not send the tip in? NO. It just means that you should send the tip to law enforcement and not post it on social media and other forums if it includes the name of an actual person. It is probably going to be some obscure tip about a vehicle or person that solves the Delphi case. Sometimes you need a little luck too.

So there will always be that gray area that nobody wants to discuss between stating facts and opinion. There is a bit of irony in Liberty German's video of this bridge guy and what it represents. The man on the bridge and his voice are factual evidence. But when Liberty German decided to focus her phone camera on him, she was guessing, in her opinion, that he might do something.

Sorry if this has been covered before... but I was relistening to KG on the Infamous Indy podcast, and she clearly states that her dad was calling both Libby and Abby's phone. Do we know if Abby had her phone? Libbys dad seemed to think she did.

"Dad had been there looking...he tried calling their phones over and over again."

11:54
2: The Delphi Murders from Infamous Indy

Sorry if this has been covered before... but I was relistening to KG on the Infamous Indy podcast, and she clearly states that her dad was calling both Libby and Abby's phone. Do we know if Abby had her phone? Libbys dad seemed to think she did.

"Dad had been there looking...he tried calling their phones over and over again."

11:54
2: The Delphi Murders from Infamous Indy
This is the first time I have heard this and is an important point!

I wonder if BG fled to Canada. Moo. Or really anywhere else for that matter. Canada is top of my list. I’m starting to wonder if he’s near Delphi at all. I know LE said what they said. We don’t know what they do. I wonder if he came in from out of state to begin with. Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Jmo. Or really anywhere for that matter. :rolleyes:

Any day now!

I wonder if BG fled to Canada. Moo. Or really anywhere else for that matter. Canada is top of my list. I’m starting to wonder if he’s near Delphi at all. I know LE said what they said. We don’t know what they do. I wonder if he came in from out of state to begin with. Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Jmo. Or really anywhere for that matter. :rolleyes:

Any day now!

I think he's been in and out of Delphi and now resides in Delphi.

bbm + red
Great points!

Quoted bbm.

You have said some things that are very possible and could explain some of the things Carter said at the April presser.

What little info LE has released to the public can be interpreted in so many different ways.

There is a very diverse group of opinions here on so many aspects of this case.

I can see things through a very different set of eyes with almost every post I read.

I appreciate everyones insights and how these threads keep Abby and Libby at the front of everyones mind.

IMO

It is ok to come up with and use examples. The example I think of is the Molly Bish case from June 2000. In that case they had a sketch and a white car. 19 years later they are still looking for both. So it is a difference in examples that also is a basis for how we state our opinion.

The one thing I remember after watching the Disappeared episode about Molly Bish's case was the lead investigator commenting how after they released the sketch it turned into "thousands of leads" because they had people from all over the country calling to say how the sketch resembled someone they knew. The lead investigator said that checking out all the leads cost them a lot of lost time and other leads that they were checking out all those people.

This is what I meant. Does this mean that if someone sees a person who they think could be the Delphi killer but are not sure that they should not send the tip in? NO. It just means that you should send the tip to law enforcement and not post it on social media and other forums if it includes the name of an actual person. It is probably going to be some obscure tip about a vehicle or person that solves the Delphi case. Sometimes you need a little luck too.

So there will always be that gray area that nobody wants to discuss between stating facts and opinion. There is a bit of irony in Liberty German's video of this bridge guy and what it represents. The man on the bridge and his voice are factual evidence. But when Liberty German decided to focus her phone camera on him, she was guessing, in her opinion, that he might do something.

This is a perfect example why experienced detectives dread the decision for an artist to prepare a composite sketch and even more fear the release of a sketch. For the most part it generates thousands of calls from people who think that they are helping. In fact they are making a huge amount of work for detectives who are swamped with phone calls but have no support from supervisors. They don’t bother to bring in other officers or civilian employees to answer the phone and write up what callers have to say.

It’s the biggest myth in police work that composite drawings are of value. In fact it buries the lead detectives in unnecessary work caused by supervisors who want the public to think that the police department is doing “something”.

This is a perfect example why experienced detectives dread the decision for an artist to prepare a composite sketch and even more fear the release of a sketch. For the most part it generates thousands of calls from people who think that they are helping. In fact they are making a huge amount of work for detectives who are swamped with phone calls but have no support from supervisors. They don’t bother to bring in other officers or civilian employees to answer the phone and write up what callers have to say.

It’s the biggest myth in police work that composite drawings are of value. In fact it buries the lead detectives in unnecessary work caused by supervisors who want the public to think that the police department is doing “something”.

I could not understand how law enforcement released sketches that, at least in my opinion, did not look like the man Liberty German videotaped with her phone?

I think what happened was they thought the killer is probably local and that in such a small city, even with numerous wrong tips, they would get the right tip that would lead them to the man in Liberty German's video. So without an enhanced version of the bridge guy, they took chances that witnesses may have spoken to the bridge guy as he left the Monon High Bridge area. They created sketches from those witnesses. Did any of the witnesses remember if the man had wet pants or shoes?

And the tips have not worked out, at least so far. It would be disappointing to not see this case get solved. The victims, Abigail Williams and Liberty German, stayed together and provided the evidence needed to find their killer. Liberty German got a video and a recording of his voice.

It seemed like such an easy case at the beginning. All the detectives had to do was find the man in the phone video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark