Found Deceased PA - Nalani Johnson, 2, Penn Hills Boro, Allegheny County, 31 Aug 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone been following this story...some things are not adding up.

IMO if someone drove off with my child I would be found blocks away chasing after the vehicle. Or trying to flag down another car The father was at his home when he called the police correct?

Did the car seat belong to Nancy or the father? Where is the mother in all this? Who has custody of Nalani?
Sure, we all think we know how we will respond but hopefully none of us actually have to find out if we'd live up to or own hype. His initial response was disbelief, he thought it was a mistake but when she ignored multiple calls he immediately called police, instead of trying to catch the car on foot, which is what we're all told to do if something like this happens. He was at the corner they were dropped off at he didn't go home and relax before calling for help. The seat belonged to the child. It has been reported that he got out of the car where he was in the back seat with his daughter, walked around to the other side of the car to get her and her seat or but the car drove off as he was grabbing the handle. The mother has been defending the father in post on Facebook and the parents along with their families are all putting in effort to organize the same searches and get the word out so it looks like they are working together for their child. I don't know what their custody arrangements are but since the mother is defending the father it seems irrelevant.

It would have to be a pretty organized situation with several pieces in place all the time, because she couldn’t possibly have found a “buyer” and been able to drop the baby off in 15 minutes.

I don’t believe the story about the father selling her, but I also don’t see how it would be possible for her to have arranged a transaction so quickly.

I really feel like the whole trafficking angle is a huge mid-direction while something else entirely is going on.
Agree...it is too far fetched from most of what we see here.

I do not understand why so many of you are reacting so negatively towards the driver’s husband. I hate to say it, but IMO all of the chatter about human trafficking and his country of origin are starting to feel very xenophobic.
I am sorry you feel that way. I was basing what I uncovered by research and based on his MSM interviews. I could care less about county of origin. And Nancy his wife brought up to LE the topic of the sale of the child and amount. Which implicates herself and with her husband giving interviews of being on the ph and video he bless his heart became a witness and started giving their bio on the media. Sale of a HUMAN IS TRAFFICKING.
I RESPECT your feelings.
The little girl is missing.
And why is the husband of said driver making this about himself? No xenophobic indeed.

They are looking there based on cell phone location records.
Yes, I read that up thread. It's just making me uneasy- such as, did her phone stay at that spot by the water for any length of time, or was it continually pinging along the route, and the water happened to be along the way? I'm thinking there must have been an area where her phone stayed in one spot for awhile. I could be wrong, though, and I do hope that I am!

I just don't buy the selling of the baby for some reason. Until LE is able to scour every video they can at that Skeets where she went 15 minutes later and see if the baby was indeed in the vehicle with her when she pulled up there, we're at a stand still to pin this down to one or two scenarios that could have occurred.

I forget- was it official that the father called 911 right after it happened- as in, it was caught on video that the time frame matches his story? The fact that LE has established a connection between the father and Nancy tells me there's much more to this. This wasn't a random incident. If he indeed had sold his little girl, there's no way that he would have called LE to try to catch Nancy in the act, know what I mean? I wonder if the friend was an innocent bystander and insisted that he call 911? Maybe that's why LE isn't talking about the friend right now. This person, in my opinion, may be key to some of this as a witness and not involved at all.

Also, the father stated that right after him and his friend got out of the car, he was going to get Nalani out of her car seat, when Nancy took off. I mean, the door had to have been wide open, and I am sure if that was the case, someone driving by would have seen her driving with a car door open with a child there and at least honked their horn at her to pull over or something. That also doesn't jive with me for some reason- she would have had to pull over at the very least to close the door.

I really want to hear more about the friend's version of this story. It is possible that they are involved, but they could also just be one of those persons at the wrong place at the wrong time- which is why for now, I am sitting on my hands.

Nancy is insisting he sold his daughter. He's insisting she kidnapped the daughter.

Also, what were they doing in that neighborhood? Did they know a friend that lived around there? He was obviously either giving her the little girl to take away, or he was going to visit someone around that area. It was a residential area, right? Was he getting out of the car with this friend to go to that friend's house when this occurred? Where did they originally meet Nancy for the ride?

I'm really frightened that this child is not alive. I hope I am wrong and she is ok, but this story just smells like BS to me, from both sides.
Agree...was she ever really in Nancy’s car? All of it seems implausible. Would there not be witnesses of her speeding away? Then again, doesn’t LE have to have compelling evidence to press charges?

oh no. I don't like that either. I doubt she got rid of the car seat there though, they could float ( googled)

As for the store you're referring to, it's called Sheetz not that it matters and I like Skeets better anyway.
LOL, sorry- my typo, which I will probably do a hundred more times in this thread, haha. Thanks for pointing that out!

I want to know if the friend got out of the car when Mr. Johnson did? Was the friend still in the car when the perp drove off? So sorry to distract you!

Well that brings up another question, were all three ( dad, friend,Nalani) all in the back seat or did someone sit up front. I have read about this but can't discuss here. If friend was still in the car then he/she drove off with this Nancy person, that changes everything. IMO

Agree...was she ever really in Nancy’s car? All of it seems implausible. Would there not be witnesses of her speeding away? Then again, doesn’t LE have to have compelling evidence to press charges?
It makes you wonder, is she just an unstable woman and possibly took off with her and harmed Nalani because she is angry that her husband took their daughter with him to another country? Did she make up the story about him selling Nalani to try to justify why she bolted with Nalani in her car? If he did indeed do as she says he did, I am sure LE would have found the so called money exchanged for this child? That's why I don't believe her story. It's just not done this way.

Just asking because I'm completely unfamiliar with it but is there a market for 1 and 2 year olds????
I can't even begin to imagine

It’s often everyone’s “go to” theory, but there are very few instances of such a thing happening in real life (as opposed to how often Hollywood would have us believe.)

I didn’t say it doesn’t happen. I’m well aware that it does. My point was that an abduction of this type for human trafficking is rare.

I think there has been a misunderstanding by curious guy. I understand the way Hollywood portrays these type of scenarios - is false.

Sure, we all think we know how we will respond but hopefully none of us actually have to find out if we'd live up to or own hype. His initial response was disbelief, he thought it was a mistake but when she ignored multiple calls he immediately called police, instead of trying to catch the car on foot, which is what we're all told to do if something like this happens. He was at the corner they were dropped off at he didn't go home and relax before calling for help. The seat belonged to the child. It has been reported that he got out of the car where he was in the back seat with his daughter, walked around to the other side of the car to get her and her seat or but the car drove off as he was grabbing the handle. The mother has been defending the father in post on Facebook and the parents along with their families are all putting in effort to organize the same searches and get the word out so it looks like they are working together for their child. I don't know what their custody arrangements are but since the mother is defending the father it seems irrelevant.
Thank you for this....

They haven't told us why, but it has been reported that LE has reason to believe Nalani was in the car while Nancy was driving. MOO

Woman who allegedly abducted Penn. toddler arrested
According to Allegheny County Police, during this time Nancy was driving a black Toyota Yaris with Pennsylvania plates in the areas of Blairsville near Alexandria, Del Mar and Westmoreland County, and they believe Johnson was in the car during this time.

“We have reason to believe that was the case. Again we’re trying to verify some things, and that’s why we’re seeking additional public input,” Superintendent Coleman McDonough said.

Right at least one of them must have been in the back seat with the baby presumably the dad so when he got out to unstrep the baby and the driver sped off the back door was open makes no sense

There’s no evidence yet that the car door nearest Nalani was actually open. The only info we have is that Dad had his hand on the door to try to take Nalani out of the car.

…..his hand on the door, and she drove off," Nalani's grandfather, Paul Johnson, said.
AMBER ALERT PENNSYLVANIA: AMBER ALERT: Woman charged, family asking for public to help search for abducted toddler

If Nancy was born in the USA, did she meet her husband in India or in the USA? How did she meet him? Was it an arranged marriage? (I have several friends in arranged marriages. They seem quite happy. They were all born and raised in the Middle East.)

Also, why did she and her parents discontinue contact with each other?

I don’t know that any of this makes any difference. I am just trying to get a bigger picture of Nancy.

I just don't buy the selling of the baby for some reason. Until LE is able to scour every video they can at that Skeets where she went 15 minutes later and see if the baby was indeed in the vehicle with her when she pulled up there, we're at a stand still to pin this down to one or two scenarios that could have occurred.

I forget- was it official that the father called 911 right after it happened- as in, it was caught on video that the time frame matches his story? The fact that LE has established a connection between the father and Nancy tells me there's much more to this. This wasn't a random incident. If he indeed had sold his little girl, there's no way that he would have called LE to try to catch Nancy in the act, know what I mean? I wonder if the friend was an innocent bystander and insisted that he call 911? Maybe that's why LE isn't talking about the friend right now. This person, in my opinion, may be key to some of this as a witness and not involved at all.

Also, the father stated that right after him and his friend got out of the car, he was going to get Nalani out of her car seat, when Nancy took off. I mean, the door had to have been wide open, and I am sure if that was the case, someone driving by would have seen her driving with a car door open with a child there and at least honked their horn at her to pull over or something. That also doesn't jive with me for some reason- she would have had to pull over at the very least to close the door.

I really want to hear more about the friend's version of this story. It is possible that they are involved, but they could also just be one of those persons at the wrong place at the wrong time- which is why for now, I am sitting on my hands.

Nancy is insisting he sold his daughter. He's insisting she kidnapped the daughter.

Also, what were they doing in that neighborhood? Did they know a friend that lived around there? He was obviously either giving her the little girl to take away, or he was going to visit someone around that area. It was a residential area, right? Was he getting out of the car with this friend to go to that friend's house when this occurred? Where did they originally meet Nancy for the ride?

I'm really frightened that this child is not alive. I hope I am wrong and she is ok, but this story just smells like BS to me, from both sides.
I haven't seen any mention of video at the time of the abduction. It's been reported that Nalani's father called 911 immediately after trying to call Nancy. LE would have verified that. LE said he was crying and visibly upset. They also said that he is assisting in the investigation and cooperating with LE. I agree - no way would he have called 911 to report her missing if he was involved. I don't suspect her father at this point.

When reports of Nancy's arrest first came out, it was reported that she was NOT cooperating. Then we hear the "Nalani's Dad sold her" story. Okay, but even if that were true, why in the world would she help him? Where is this picture he showed her? What does the witness (friend) say? No silver SUV has been identified. She noticed the out-of-state plates and cursive writing but not the name of the state? Where's the money? Her story is bunk.

I think she used hubby in Bangledesh as her alibi. Why would she lie to him and say she didn't know why she was being pulled over? Why didn't she tell him she transported a baby that the father sold for $10,000? He seemed genuinely surprised to hear that she knew Nalani's father. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt right now too.

Family friend says Nalani's Dad and Nancy were acquaintances. Grandma says her son didn't know her. He had her phone number so perhaps she had simply driven him before? Did she babysit Nalani? Nalani's husband mentioned that she loved babies and had done some babysitting.

I'm not sure the door was open - I may need to read back. He came around the car to get her but was it reported that he opened the door?

I'm all over the place with this one. Lots of puzzle pieces missing. MOO

This video shows where searchers have been looking. I wonder if the jitney driver's phone pings triangulated here.
Search For Abducted 2-Year-Old Nalani Johnson Intensifies
If she went "offroading" in her non-four-wheel-drive car near Rt 22 to dispose of Nalina, lots of people must have witnessed it. It was daylight and this is a well traveled road.

Right at least one of them must have been in the back seat with the baby presumably the dad so when he got out to unstrep the baby and the driver sped off the back door was open makes no sense

We don't actually know that. Dad apparently know's Nancy, no word on the friend so Dad could have been in the front. Plus, if this story of him doing what Nancy said he was doing, he would have more control in the front, talking etc. IMO Not that I'm buying this BS

It was about time someone said it. Her husband is not a suspect as of now (and it seems very unlikely that he could ever had anything to do with this whole mess). The key to finding Nalani is way closer than all the way in India, in my opinion.

Is it really that odd to question someone so close? Race has 0 to do with it. Please don’t go down that road of race baiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geneasearcher