AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unknowing Americans are becoming more aware of the fact that many women native to Mexico have children at extremely young ages. We have strict laws of consent here but much of Mexico adheres to the age of consent of as young as 12yrs old. My daughter has a close friend from school whom is of Mexican descent, her mother had her at 13. 12yrs old is the legal age of consent in much of Mexico. IMO this culture difference is causing immigrants to violate our laws of consent fairly frequently. It's becoming more and more evident in the sex offender registries that there is an issue. Here is the Wikipedia page that references Mexico's laws. Very lax in comparison to ours. This is just a side note to the fact that Dulce' s mom is so young. That may be very normal to their family where an American family might not be so much the norm.

Ages of consent in North America - Wikipedia

Child murders are very rare here in Sweden, and child murders involving sexual assault even rarer, but in the two of the most well-known cases, the perpetrators had killed a ten-year-old girl and either before or later a grown woman. In the case of ten-year-old Helen in 1989, the man murdered a 26-year-old woman about five months later. He was arrested 15 years later, but as far as I have found the only crimes he had committed during those years involved killing animals belonging to his wives, and domestic violence. Helén murder - Wikipedia
The other case involving a ten-year-old girl, Engla, happened in 2008. In that case the perpetrator had murdered a 31-year-old woman eight years earlier. The man was caught in a couple of days thanks to a person trying out a new camera, who had taken photos both of the girl on her bike, as well as a car passing less than a minute later. Anders Eklund (murderer) - Wikipedia
Just because someone attacks one kind of victim doesn't mean that they are not interested in other kinds too. In both cases of the little girls, the perpetrators happened upon them alone, and took the chance to abduct them.
True, from following cases here there are some murderers who are predators of vulnerable victims of any age and others who have a type so we can't really rule anything out. What complicates Dulce's case IMO is that she was far enough away from her mother that the perp felt that he could isolate and grab her. So was it an abduction of convenience or had he been watching her? Right now we have no clue.

I still think he may have crossed paths with Dulce and/or her family at some time in the past but they wouldn't be aware of it, so maybe someone in the neighborhood or a store clerk, someone from church etc..

However, it bothers me that no one has spoken up to say they know a man who drives a red van or resembles the perp's description. He very well could be someone who was just passing through and saw an opportunity, maybe even driving through the park looking for a victim. If it goes beyond people being afraid due to immigration status then it may be that no one recognizes the description of him or the van which again implies someone not from the immediate neighborhood.

Call me an optimist but I believe anyone regardless of immigration status who has a hunch would come forward even if anonymously so unless someone suspects a friend or loved one and is protecting him it looks like this man is a stranger. MOO.

I hope LE knows more than us!

That is still very rare. Most molesters have a type and a preference. Just like all people have a type and a preference, when it comes to sexual attraction. While there are some that will sexually gratify themselves with literally any breathing thing, that's rare.

While researching this, I was EXTREMELY upset to find that pedophilia, was a preference, has been removed from the DSM-IV as a mental disorder. WTF is wrong this version? There are so many things wrong with the DSM-IV but now this??? I'm horrified. So long as a person isn't acting on their thoughts, it's just a preference, like homosexuality or pansexuality? WHAAAAAT?!?!?!

This is truly disturbing.

The Neurobiology and Psychology of Pedophilia: Recent Advances and Challenges

Pedophilic D/O is DSM 5 code 302.2 and pedophelia was DSM IV- TR code 302.2

I'm new to this website, although I have been here several times during different cases. I also find it sad that Dulce has been missing for 2 weeks and her story is fading, probably because she is Hispanic and not white. I think because her mother faced so much backlash, instead of speaking out she is isolating herself, and that is helping the case disappear. Mollie Tibbets was in the media every single day until she was found, but a lot of that had to do with the people who loved her loudly advocating for her through all channels, via news and social media.

I don't think that Dulce was taken by someone not local. I think the person knew the park and saw an opportunity or was perhaps following them or had seen them before. The mother is 19 years old. She is pregnant with her 3rd child. She is very young and despite her having 3 kids, is likely immature in many ways.

I found pictures of someone, a hispanic male, who frequents that park, who owns bright orange sneakers, and drives a red vehicle, but it's not a van..I emailed that information to the police chief in Bridgeton yesterday. Bright orange shoes, to me, are not that common. I also found an old picture, maybe 3 years old, of his children at that park, and there's a little girl sitting with them who looks a lot like Dulce, age 3. She has very specific eyes. This is all speculation on my part, and this is all my own opinion. There were other details about this person that seemed off, but he works a job that would have been off at that time.

I think that someone knows something and they are too afraid to come forward for fear of immigration status, given what is currently going on in this country. That fear is real and warranted and I feel is hindering the progress in this case.

Well, if they're afraid of coming forward due to fear, how about the old fashioned way- snail mail, written anonymously, of course? Type it up, don't leave a name, mail from a few towns over. Much better than keeping valuable information to yourself.

That is still very rare. Most molesters have a type and a preference. Just like all people have a type and a preference, when it comes to sexual attraction. While there are some that will sexually gratify themselves with literally any breathing thing, that's rare.

While researching this, I was EXTREMELY upset to find that pedophilia, was a preference, has been removed from the DSM-IV as a mental disorder. WTF is wrong this version? There are so many things wrong with the DSM-IV but now this??? I'm horrified. So long as a person isn't acting on their thoughts, it's just a preference, like homosexuality or pansexuality? WHAAAAAT?!?!?!

This is truly disturbing.

The Neurobiology and Psychology of Pedophilia: Recent Advances and Challenges
I’d be so interested in discussing this topic with you as an offshoot from this case some day.

Right now, I’m a bit frustrated. MSM slams us with concern for Dulce. LE and FBI actively speak out for public aid. Public rises to the occasion. Community unites. Funds are raised. Vigils are held. We’re now invested in the search for little Dulce.

Then the crickets come out. Now what? Frustration mixed with a little anger. It’s tough to suddenly back off and accept. It doesn’t seem fair.

I’m confident (moo) that LE and FBI have combined and utilized all resources available. They’ve announced a determination of stranger child abduction. Silence does not equal surrender or termination of search. Now, the work behind the scenes narrows. Press conferences will be deliberately scheduled.

What do WSers with the accumulated energy now?
To each his own.

What am I gonna do? I’m gonna get in the zone when I’m able. Return to the scene of the crime: Thread #1 with the stipulation of stranger abduction. The Feds have given us this gift. Other options are off the table. Less white noise. It’s now my direction guiding me. Who are all the players in the immediate vicinity? What are their vantage points? What physical and geographical elements come into play? What is the layout? Was getaway preplanned or impulsive? Where is perp van parked? Where must the witness be to have this vantage point?

Mom/aunt/car/parking lot
Dulce/3 yr old/playground
Basketball players/court
Perp/van/buildings
Witness/$64,ooo ?

Begin and rebuild. This is where our locals come in and wow us. They know their community. They are willing to share necessary details we don’t know.
~imo

I'm new to this website, although I have been here several times during different cases. I also find it sad that Dulce has been missing for 2 weeks and her story is fading, probably because she is Hispanic and not white. I think because her mother faced so much backlash, instead of speaking out she is isolating herself, and that is helping the case disappear. Mollie Tibbets was in the media every single day until she was found, but a lot of that had to do with the people who loved her loudly advocating for her through all channels, via news and social media.

I don't think that Dulce was taken by someone not local. I think the person knew the park and saw an opportunity or was perhaps following them or had seen them before. The mother is 19 years old. She is pregnant with her 3rd child. She is very young and despite her having 3 kids, is likely immature in many ways.

I found pictures of someone, a hispanic male, who frequents that park, who owns bright orange sneakers, and drives a red vehicle, but it's not a van..I emailed that information to the police chief in Bridgeton yesterday. Bright orange shoes, to me, are not that common. I also found an old picture, maybe 3 years old, of his children at that park, and there's a little girl sitting with them who looks a lot like Dulce, age 3. She has very specific eyes. This is all speculation on my part, and this is all my own opinion. There were other details about this person that seemed off, but he works a job that would have been off at that time.

I think that someone knows something and they are too afraid to come forward for fear of immigration status, given what is currently going on in this country. That fear is real and warranted and I feel is hindering the progress in this case.
I wanna sit behind you in class. Will you pass me notes?

No, I wanna stand beside you. Brava!

<modsnip>

I know and I’m not directing my comment personally as it is a great site with great people and mods but I was just so very frustrated that’s I listed approx 20 actions and investigative leads to follow on and it took me so much time so to lose it was totally frustrating. It’s been one of those days today but thats nothing compared to what this family are going thro so I will admonish myself and have some perspective!

Been there, done that! I now type up long posts in a word document or gmail draft first, so I don't lose them. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Unknowing Americans are becoming more aware of the fact that many women native to Mexico have children at extremely young ages. We have strict laws of consent here but much of Mexico adheres to the age of consent of as young as 12yrs old. My daughter has a close friend from school whom is of Mexican descent, her mother had her at 13. 12yrs old is the legal age of consent in much of Mexico. IMO this culture difference is causing immigrants to violate our laws of consent fairly frequently. It's becoming more and more evident in the sex offender registries that there is an issue. Here is the Wikipedia page that references Mexico's laws. Very lax in comparison to ours. This is just a side note to the fact that Dulce' s mom is so young. That may be very normal to their family where an American family might not be so much the norm.

Ages of consent in North America - Wikipedia
That information may be outdated.
From what I understand, the age of consent is 16-18 in Mexico, depending on the state, and there are no close-in-age exemptions like there are in the US. Imo

• Who identified the suspect and described the van? Authorities have not said much about the witness who provided the description, only revealing that it came about after interviewing and re-interviewing people at the park that afternoon. There was a group playing basketball at a nearby court at the park, but on the first day of the search, police said none of them saw anything that would help.
https://www.nj.com/cumberland/2019/...n-the-search-for-missing-5-year-old-girl.html

*help me out? Does this statement imply witness is basketball player? What do you think?

Mexican consulate following Bridgeton girl's disappearance

“Vazquez explained that the consulate normally would become involved only if a Mexican national were directly involved. Additionally, she said, no one in the family so far has asked for assistance.”

“We have followed but we can’t do any action,” the consul said. “We can’t intervene if the person does not request our assistance, either. And the mother and the grandmother have really not requested any help.”

Mexican consulate following Bridgeton girl's disappearance

IMO might be useful to ask for their assistance. not positive how exactly they could help but I would think the more assistance the better at this point. JMO

• Who identified the suspect and described the van? Authorities have not said much about the witness who provided the description, only revealing that it came about after interviewing and re-interviewing people at the park that afternoon. There was a group playing basketball at a nearby court at the park, but on the first day of the search, police said none of them saw anything that would help.
Amber Alert for Dulce Alavez: Unanswered questions in the search for missing 5-year-old girl

*help me out? Does this statement imply witness is basketball player? What do you think?
I don’t believe the police want you to think a basketball player provided the information. Otherwise they would have identified the witness.

In regards to fearing retribution for legality status, I absolutely 100% think that people are fearful about contacting LE, especially the FBI. It's their community and their livelihood we are talking about. In an ideal world a missing child would be enough to come forward but I'm a white person who is a citizen and I don't have to worry about that so it's easy for me to say "what I would do".

A "red van" and "orange shoes" are VERY specific, which is why I'm thinking someone knows something or is protecting someone. You hear that and you automatically go "do I know someone who wears orange shoes?"

I am really leaning towards a local person who has secret behaviors/itches to scratch who saw an opportunity and took it.

Also, has anyone considered the access road directly behind the playground area that leads from Mayor Aitken Drive? And the other dirt road that leads through the woods? Where exactly was mom parked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419