Found Deceased CA - Erin Valenti, 33, from Utah, en-route from Palo Alto to San Jose, 7 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two things come to mind for me - May mean nothing or something. I was in Wegmans recently looking at their CBD products, a lady next to me said that she uses them all the time before she flies, as they make her calm and help her flight anxiety. Here in our state THC products are not legal, but in California perhaps her friend offered it or maybe she herself took some infused product for just that reason, but it was tainted or not what she thought..?

Another thing was, I have anxiety and was going to vape CBD oil as I heard it works great for that. I bought mine from a reputable company, but I was talking to a guy who happened to be an ER Dr. And he said they were seeing a lot of patients who vaped it come in with bad results..(I'm not talking about the lung issues) he said panic attacks, like they were having psychosis, and it lasted a long while. He said really bad idea, but felt the CBD tinctures were fine, it's only with the vape that he saw issues.

IMO: If she was otherwise mentally/physically stable it sounds like she was on a psychedelic like shrooms, LSD, MDMA, ecstasy, etc. BUT those on their own don't kill. And if what she took was tainted she would have been deceased way sooner than 8 hours. So... IF she was given/taken a psychedelic - what happened? MOO

Her husband, a psychologist, said that she is not mentally ill, but she "seemed manic." It seems that after she was lost for roughly 8 hours, her family contacted police. Very curious about what happened before she became disoriented.

Manic Episode: this is the first criteria:

"A. A distinct period of abnormally and persistently elevated, expansive, or irritable mood and abnormally and persistently goal-directed behavior or energy, lasting at least 1 week and present most of the day, nearly every day (or any duration if hospitalization is necessary)."​

Table 11, DSM-IV to DSM-5 Manic Episode Criteria Comparison - DSM-5 Changes - NCBI Bookshelf

"Valenti's husband and parents say they all spoke to her by phone Monday and something wasn't right. They say she seemed manic, but has no history of mental illness.

"She seemed confused. We said, 'Did you drink anything? Did anybody give you anything?' and she said, 'No,'" her mother said, "But my daughter is so smart and she is such a strong independent lady and this has never happened before."​

Utah tech CEO goes missing on way to San Jose airport
Yes, there is also something called "hypomania" which is less severe and is usually associated with feelings of elation and it does not last as long.
It can progress to fullblown mania eventually. Imo

Two things come to mind for me - May mean nothing or something. I was in Wegmans recently looking at their CBD products, a lady next to me said that she uses them all the time before she flies, as they make her calm and help her flight anxiety. Here in our state THC products are not legal, but in California perhaps her friend offered it or maybe she herself took some infused product for just that reason, but it was tainted or not what she thought..?

Another thing was, I have anxiety and was going to vape CBD oil as I heard it works great for that. I bought mine from a reputable company, but I was talking to a guy who happened to be an ER Dr. And he said they were seeing a lot of patients who vaped it come in with bad results..(I'm not talking about the lung issues) he said panic attacks, like they were having psychosis, and it lasted a long while. He said really bad idea, but felt the CBD tinctures were fine, it's only with the vape that he saw issues.

Just a couple of days ago Washington State issued an emergency ban on "flavored" vapes-- citing a serious, life threatening problem with increasing treatment at ER's.

Last edited:
With regards to CBD vaping, if the company buys the black market cartridges to make their product, good potential for harm. Otherwise, have not seen any negative effects (we manufacture these for multinational corporations, and we have solid COAs/GMP). Ours are THC free according to regulations. Seems like we will have to wait for the tox on this. I mentioned earlier about serotonin syndrome as I had a friend diagnosed as such, and it can get confused with meth/speed ingestion.

If it was Serotonin syndrome she would not have been able to drive or talk or function. I had a episode last week mentioned in another post. You add to much to your system and your done. It’s a good guess but she would not have been talking to anyone let alone be able to return a rental car and catch a flight. You can’t think on any level...very similar to opioid detox in its worst moment. Again the tox will determine. I could be wrong but it would take a a lot of drugs all interacting that would make that would kill her.

How likely is it that someone who is perfectly normal with no mental health issues will spontaneously have a complete break with reality at age 33?
That's an interesting question, probably best answered by someone with an "M.D." after his or her name, and that is not me.

But whatever happened with EV was not at all likely, IMHO. You might ask how likely is it for someone to end up dead and undiscovered for 5 days in the back seat of a rental car in a sleepy residential neighborhood in South San Jose.

I think the unusual nature of this case is what brings us all here. MOO

If it was Serotonin syndrome she would not have been able to drive or talk or function. I had a episode last week mentioned in another post. You add to much to your system and your done. It’s a good guess but she would not have been talking to anyone let alone be able to return a rental car and catch a flight. You can’t think on any level...very similar to opioid detox in its worst moment. Again the tox will determine. I could be wrong but it would take a a lot of drugs all interacting that would make that would kill her.
Yes, I would imagine if she felt that sick she would have mentioned it to her mom, too.
It seemed more like she was rambling on excitedly as if her mind was being flooded with thoughts.
It sounds more like a change in her mental state rather than having any physical symptoms. In fact there was no mention of any unusual physical symptoms at all, unless it happened after midnight.
I still wonder if there was any foul play involved.

Did she immediately go straight to the back of the car and lie down after her phone was turned off?
Or did something else occur between that time and the day she was found?
How long had she been dead?

So many questions. The family must be devastated. First they could not find her, then finally they found her themselves and now they have to wait for answers.

Imo

IMO: If she was otherwise mentally/physically stable it sounds like she was on a psychedelic like shrooms, LSD, MDMA, ecstasy, etc. BUT those on their own don't kill. And if what she took was tainted she would have been deceased way sooner than 8 hours. So... IF she was given/taken a psychedelic - what happened? MOO
Yes! It definitely sounds like she was on a psychedelic drug to me if she was on anything. But then what caused her to crawl into the back of her car and die? As you said, those kinds of drugs don’t kill a person. It’s so weird. That’s why I keep thinking a medical event? It’s really perplexing.

Random question but does anyone know how long toxicology takes to come back? I had read in a completely different story that toxicology takes awhile to come back. I didn’t understand why. If a blood test is done for a driving under the influence for instance the results don’t take that long.

Yes! It definitely sounds like she was on a psychedelic drug to me if she was on anything. But then what caused her to crawl into the back of her car and die? As you said, those kinds of drugs don’t kill a person. It’s so weird. That’s why I keep thinking a medical event? It’s really perplexing.
yessss... something underlying was happening. IMO.

I've been reading, just since last night.
It looks to me like she had a small sub-arachnoid haemorrhage, cutting off some blood circulation to parts of her brain, thus leading to confusion and panic, but not necessarily pain.
It is possible that this was followed by much larger bleed, accompanied with severe pain which led her to take 'shelter' in the back seat of the car.
(speaking from personal experience).

If it was drug induced, the 'revving and revving' is most associated with MDMA... goes in rushes until it finally settles...can take a few hours... but there is no evidence that she imbibed anything at all.
Horrible loss of a most vibrant woman..R.I.P.

Well, it's rare but it's certainly possible.

I worked with adults in the mental health field when I first started out and many of the patients didn't begin to have symptoms until they were in their thirties and forties or even older.
There was one patient who was married for twenty years with no previous history who was diagnosed at age 45.
She believed she was having an affair with Phil Donahue and could be heard having conversations with him every day.

There was a man who was a supervisor at Kennedy Airport for forty years before he experienced symptoms of mania and psychosis.

I could go on and on. It's rare but it can happen.

Imo

But, with respect, those cases you cite didn't just go from normal to full on in less than 24 hours. They would have had little signs and symptoms manifesting in personality changes for maybe many months previously, perhaps imperceptible to only to those who knew them well. Erin, according to all those who were close to her, had not shown any signs whatsoever.

Can you please clarify for me. Was the car and her body located near the last ping around midnight? I read in Utah news this evening that the car and body were near the Library and Community Center. Same area? Thanks.

her car was .8 miles from the ping location. The reason I think for reporting Library and Community Center is it’s just around the corner but would lead people away from the actual street and address to divert people from stopping by.

her car was .8 miles from the ping location. The reason I think for reporting Library and Community Center is it’s just around the corner but would lead people away from the actual street and address to divert people from stopping by.
Thank you. I've since also heard a Golf Club on the cross street so now I know these landmarks are all in the same area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph