Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #115

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christian can be a vague term as the term can be viewed differently by different people. For example:

- Christian by self affirmation (if an individual states they are Christian, Muslim etc., then they are one)
- Active verse nominal Christian or Muslim.
- Christian or not Christian by a particular theological definition. For example, not saved? Then not a Christian. Never made a Shahaadah declaration? Impossible to be a Muslim.
- Christian or not by evaluation of conduct (a real Christian would never do “X”. Or a true Muslim would never do “Z”.

As the public as a whole can have very broad definitions of what makes them self identify as a “Christian” or say, a “Muslim”, it can be impossible to rule out a person’s religion for purposes of police investigation Of course, for purpose of a religious discussion, very narrow definitions of what a Christian or Muslim is, or is not can be applied. But…. that is a different matter.

Of course, religion is a very, very complicated issue.

I use mine. A good Christian? How about not killing, not judging others, practicing forgiveness, love, and sharing?

So mine is probably, conduct, and also, certain moral code.

I know there are others.

But if you ask me about BG - he loves himself, and he probably is moving farther and farther from whatever little Christianity he had, now.

I think he feels remorse for ruining the lives of those close to him, though. And that today, he'd not make the same choice as 2 years ago. However, he was adult enough when he did what he did, and he has to answer for his deeds.

Thanks tresir for the links.

Very odd that on the ISP site page for the Delphi murders the only place the NBG sketch is shown is in the banner photo. If you enlarge that image the spots and even the shading is minimal to non-existent. The new video and audio, released at the same time as the NBG sketch, have numerous file links, the sketch itself doesn't even have it's own link.

In looking at the image you linked from the video of the April PC there is much more detail you can see the artist included, even what looks like freckles on the nose. Official sites and many news sites have the more white-washed image of the NBG sketch. The Carroll County Sheriff's website doesn't even seem to have it at all?

I really wish LE would comment more on this new sketch. It would certainly help locals to know what kind of complextion was described to the artist, including any marks to the skin such as freckles or moles.
I think it is best to go with this PC easel sketch. It is larger with much more shading and detail, rather than the whitewashed copies elsewhere, as you say. It is the original as well.

I'm not saying that everyone sits there everyday and spends hours watching *advertiser censored*. What I am saying is that everyone has visited a website that has *advertiser censored* at one time or another.
That's just not true. Unless you can link statistics from somewhere. Not everyone even has the internet.

I don't think we should wish tough life in prison on them. He had the future, and he destroyed it. I think the future of his relatives will be utterly destroyed, too, when the truth comes out. It is enough punishment. Life is prison is another one.

All this "prison justice" is not right. Haven't we heard about someone being executed, and not DNA exonerated them? What about all these people who ended in prison for rape, and now are executed by DNA? And they did have hard life in prison...

We have to stop shouting for "prison justice".
JMO
I respectfully disagree that it is 'enough punishment' that he had his future and he destroyed it and that prison is enough punishment.

These young girls lost their opportunity at ANY future because of what he did.

He has almost destroyed a small community. Their families, their friends .....everyone who's name has ever been uttered as a POI (and who actually isn't) and especially what he did to those girls, it is ALL ON HIM. EVERYTHING he did.

If his relatives choose to stand by him, their lives will be destroyed, if they don't, their lives will STILL be destroyed simply by association to this monster. So he has affected even more people now.....

I can say with a very large degree of certainty (which is only my opinion), that the wrong person isn't going to be put away for this crime. No way, no now. They are going to arrest one person for this crime, and it will be the right person when the time comes.

If the boys in prison get a hold of him and make him feel even 1/10th of what these families have felt....then I am okay with 'Prison Justice'.

All JMO

Last edited:
So by your reasoning he should not be punished?

I hate to state the obvious but he WILL have a hard life in prison, it's not supposed to be a walk in the park. That's a fact. I also think it's just. This man needs to be held responsible for what he did and I imagine Libby and Abby's family will find no punishment hard enough.

Indiana is a death penalty state .

It is a matter of time before an arrest is made, leading to a solid conviction.

I continue to have great faith in this investigation team and I truly believe that it will take more time but it will happen!

Justice for Libby and Abby.

Last edited:
I don't think we should wish tough life in prison on them. He had the future, and he destroyed it. I think the future of his relatives will be utterly destroyed, too, when the truth comes out. It is enough punishment. Life is prison is another one.

All this "prison justice" is not right. Haven't we heard about someone being executed, and now DNA exonerated them? Think of the life they had in prison, and then they were executed, and they were innocent! What about all these people who ended in prison for rape, and now are exonerated by DNA? And they did have hard life in prison...

We have to stop shouting for "prison justice".
Everyone has their own form of healing. When you or a family member have been the victim of a heinous crime it is not up to us to judge how that healing comes even if that is prison justice to some.

I hesitate to weigh in on "prison justice." It's a very emotionally charged topic for some. Personally, I don't think most victims families endorse prison justice. On serious reflection, as much as we may in the heat of the moment think that's what we want, it really isn't. I think what all of us desire is true justice by the State. That is also their mandate. I am perhaps one of the few that would rather see the death penalty invoked for those who without a doubt committed a heinous, unprovoked murder of another. I also understand that it is not suitable for every murder case but some that come to mind from my area from recent times are Paul Bernardo and Karla Holmolka, Dellen Millard and Mark Smich and Colonel Russell Williams. I'm sure there are plenty south of the border that deserve it too. If/when Patrick Frazee is found guilty of Kelsey Berreth's murder, he's on my list as well. Unfortunately, CO will likely never execute another murderer.

I believe when true justice is executed by the state, there is no need for prison justice and as stated by another member, what of those that are convicted innocents?

As always, JMHO

So by your reasoning he should not be punished?

I hate to state the obvious but he WILL have a hard life in prison, it's not supposed to be a walk in the park. That's a fact. I also think it's just. This man needs to be held responsible for what he did and I imagine Libby and Abby's family will find no punishment hard enough.

Of course he should be punished. Punishment is societal justice.

He has to be brought to court, with good evidence, get a trial, and life without parole. Stay in his cell for 23 hours a day (like CW does, reading the Bible to the portrait of the family he destroyed).

The rest - allowing the prisoners to mete our own justice - is not right.

Life without parole is bad , and long, enough.

There is society justice, which is law.

And then there is prison justice, basically, the same @worse than street justice, and it is wrong, and it is lawlessness.

Hmm...I respectfully disagree. I don’t think essentially everyone is watching *advertiser censored*.

I don’t watch *advertiser censored*. I watched it a few times, and it produces comic effect on me, I can’t stop laughing. I think it is just the whole idea of two unknown people entering the room and starting busily...you know, looks very funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard