CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect KB started growing suspicious of PF. Her Pinterest posts tell me she knew the honeymoon was over. The cracks in the relationship could no longer be ignored, things he said just weren't adding up, perhaps she even caught him in small lies. Who knows. I think KB hoped for the best but ultimately knew he wasn't the person who he said he was. We all eat lies when our hearts are hungry for love.
Those quotes on her Pinterest are extremely telling... I think the picture was becoming clearer -- he was a philandering abuser who was gaslighting her. This case has many hallmarks of classic DV / abuse. She probably loved him dearly in her heart but recognized he was not to be trusted. That's just my opinion as a woman who has dated a PF type. Whatever story he was peddling about being non-committal was long past it's due date. She wasn't seeing any real action on PF's part to change those circumstances, and I think PF knew he was losing his grip and stood a real chance of being outed to everyone in his life as a lying piece of excrement when she inevitably won sole custody and took that baby away from him. MOO MOO
You laid it out perfectly!!

Thanks @Harmony 2 for setting up the poll for us.

As we kind of expected, so far the results of the anonymous poll is 100% for a guilty verdict with 72 people responding so far.

If the Defense calls no witnesses, I am pretty sure nobody will change their minds.

If for some reason the defense does call witnesses that may change our views, we could always do another one after the Defense gets a turn. From what we heard yesterday that both sides may be ready for closing arguments on Friday, it doesnt seem likely the Defense will call many witnesses or any at all.

Didn’t the defense in their opening statements say they were going to show that someone other than PF killed KB “someplace other than the condo”? There’s been no cross-examination leading down that road and now it seems they will call few if any witnesses. What’s the deal with that? Do they think that will look lame up against all the prosecution’s evidence so are backing off of it? Not a good idea to promise something to the jury then not deliver it in my opinion.

Here for JUSTICE FOR KELSEY. Justice (IMOO) MUST include making sure the PF's family has as little contact with Baby K as possible. Reading the recaps of testimony of how Kelsey was treated by his family just tied me up in knots. PF's MOTHER and SISTER should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. I do not care what lies about KB that PF told them - that still doesn't excuse their behavior. They were hateful to a woman who had moved across the country to be with their son/brother, kicked a pregnant woman out of the home, called her names, didn't respect her as Baby K's mother, and then didn't show one OUNCE of public concern when she went missing. There are no excuses for that behavior. Add on top of that they prevented the Berreths from seeing Baby K while they were in town looking for their daughter (the missing MOTHER of Baby K) AND then when their son/brother was charged in her disappearance/murder they actually fought the Berreths on custody... I just have no words for these despicable people. Baby K needs to be surrounded by people who truly love her for the rest of her life. PF's family showed no regard for Kelsey and no love, regard for Baby K. No one can convince me otherwise. A murder conviction will not bring Kelsey back and I'm sure will only comfort Kelsey's loved ones to a degree. I hope that the trial and conviction will provide further comfort in assisting their custody case to keep ALL the monsters away from Baby K.
I have words for them, I just can't use them here.
MOO

I fully expect the prosecution to drop another bomb before this is all over. One last earth shattering revelation that the jury can take with them when it comes time to deliberate. And I wouldn’t be surprised if that occurred tomorrow.

This might be it, or hopefully, a runner up:

PF made up a ridiculous story to his friend, regarding Kelsey having multiple nose bleeds and getting blood all over his clothes and boots.

This was shortly before his arrest, after the murder. The fact that he was apparently really concerned about all of this, tells me one thing:

LAW ENFORCEMENT HAS HIS CLOTHES AND BOOTS.

We know he washed his clothes, and I’m not sure about the viability of obtaining DNA after that.

But those boots would be a different matter entirely. Kelsey’s blood shouldn’t be on them, because that nosebleed story is not only ridiculous, it was clearly a lie.

Blood on those boots would be huge.
@MassGuy
There are many presumptive tests used to detect the bloodstains on clothes after washing. ... Tetra-methyl Benzidine and Luminol are used to detect the presence of blood on these washed clothes. The Luminol test is found to be most sensitive for detection of the washed stains on clothes.

Sorry about all the bold words. My cell.isn't cooperating.

I am here this morning and waiting on Justice for Kelsey.

Though I must point out, we, as a group burn through these threads like my wife goes through our bank account. I mean really, I can find 10 new tags still on clothing, and I am scared to look at the bags on the floor of the closet, I am sure we "need" them.

On topic, I logged out at 7:30 and since then we have 27 new pages and a new thread, good thing I have adult-ADD, and only skim posts most of the time.

Agree with your post. I always wondered why she would buy a townhouse by herself. If she and PF were engaged, I
would think purchasing a home together would be something that would have happened, especially if she is moving many mikes away to be with him. I imagine she wasn't getting the feedback she needed from him that he was committed to her.

I also wondered what kind of man would send his girlfriend and baby to go out after midnight to get him medicine at Walmart. I'd take baking soda at home before I sent my husband and kids out at that late hour jusfor me. I can imagine KB probably thought on her 30 minute drive at 3 am with her baby, " What am I doing with this guy?"
He probably had a habit of doing that, knowing she'd be looked in the eyes when she was about to fly.
Grrr
Moo

Interesting:
"But given the improvements in police forensics today, would putting your blood-stained shirt through the washing machine be enough to destroy the evidence? You might think that if you use a really, really good laundry liquid and your shirt comes out spot-free then that would be enough. Use a top-notch bleach and you’ll be in the clear. But will you?

The answer is both yes…and no…

It all depends on what kind of bleach you use. There are two types of bleach; chlorine based bleaches and what are known as oxygen beaches. Chlorine bleaches can clean bloodstains so that they will no longer be visible to the eye, but they won’t stand up to deeper forensic investigation. If luminol or phenolphthalein is applied to the clothing then, even after multiple washes, if blood haemoglobin is present it will become very clear. The luminol is sprayed onto the fabric and will glow its trademark luminescent blue (hence the name) if a catalyst is present. This catalyst is the haemoglobin in blood.

However, if oxygen bleaches (bleaches containing an oxidising agent such as hydrogen peroxide) are used then it’s another matter. In these cases, any haemoglobin is totally removed and can’t be detected. This is a bit of a headache for investigators as any lingering stain which might happen to remain on the fabric which is being looked at can’t be definitively identified as being blood, so the suspect can claim that it came from a totally innocent source. Forensic experts are currently researching ways to overcome this problem."
Agreed!
Annnnnnd I thought "What's the big deal, go burn the clothes". But, by the time he told RS he probably mixed those clothes with the other hundred grey shirts and other hundred jeans.... Now which was which? Ha!
I could see why he worried!

With everything PF tried to assassinate KBs character. From alcohol to the child abuse allegations... Part of me thinks he is projecting, which is a immature coping mechanism.

Projection is a unconscious self-defense mechanism characterized by a person unconsciously attributing their own issues onto someone else as a form of delusion or denial....

But, i don't believe that fully... he knew what he was doing. Evil incarnate...

KB deserved SO SO SO much better!

I found myself thinking tonight about Patrick and that tale of Kelsey getting bopped in the nose.

It reminded me of how Statement Analysis talks about guilty people leaking marbles about their crimes.

They just can't help themselves as they tell parts of their guilty deeds.

Patrick had to spill what he had done because he was actually proud of hitting Kelsey in the face.

He'll tell much more in the future and we can count on it.
Yes!!! I luv statement analysis. I use/used on Sydney Moore and PF.
I agree on the marbles leaking out...

Whew - still not caught up with the rest of the posts on the previous thread, but got thru the end of the trial for the day. Will have to read that one later...

Actually the court site says thru 11/18/19 - nothing after that.

from @MassGuy poll so far:

Based on all the evidence you heard in the trial what would your verdict be for PF?

* Guilty 29 vote(s) 100.0%

* Not Guilty 0 vote(s) 0.0%

* Undecided - cannot decide one way or the other 0 vote(s) 0.0%

Let's just HOPE the jurors also see it this way!!

#JusticeForKelsey!
Last I looked 84 guilty!
0 innocent

Here for JUSTICE FOR KELSEY. Justice (IMOO) MUST include making sure the PF's family has as little contact with Baby K as possible. Reading the recaps of testimony of how Kelsey was treated by his family just tied me up in knots. PF's MOTHER and SISTER should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. I do not care what lies about KB that PF told them - that still doesn't excuse their behavior. They were hateful to a woman who had moved across the country to be with their son/brother, kicked a pregnant woman out of the home, called her names, didn't respect her as Baby K's mother, and then didn't show one OUNCE of public concern when she went missing. There are no excuses for that behavior. Add on top of that they prevented the Berreths from seeing Baby K while they were in town looking for their daughter (the missing MOTHER of Baby K) AND then when their son/brother was charged in her disappearance/murder they actually fought the Berreths on custody... I just have no words for these despicable people. Baby K needs to be surrounded by people who truly love her for the rest of her life. PF's family showed no regard for Kelsey and no love, regard for Baby K. No one can convince me otherwise. A murder conviction will not bring Kelsey back and I'm sure will only comfort Kelsey's loved ones to a degree. I hope that the trial and conviction will provide further comfort in assisting their custody case to keep ALL the monsters away from Baby K.
Amen!

I think she needed to hear the truth about the sweet-natured, hard-working, loving mother Kelsey as well. The world knows the truth now. MOO
Agreed
I think she needed to hear the truth about the sweet-natured, hard-working, non-drinking, loving mother Kelsey as well. The world knows the truth now. MOO
I think she should of heard it all , how great Kelsey was, how sorry PF was and the webs he spun.

Agree with your post. I always wondered why she would buy a townhouse by herself. If she and PF were engaged, I
would think purchasing a home together would be something that would have happened, especially if she is moving many mikes away to be with him. I imagine she wasn't getting the feedback she needed from him that he was committed to her.

I also wondered what kind of man would send his girlfriend and baby to go out after midnight to get him medicine at Walmart. I'd take baking soda at home before I sent my husband and kids out at that late hour jusfor me. I can imagine KB probably thought on her 30 minute drive at 3 am with her baby, " What am I doing with this guy?"

KB's home purchase came later and somewhat by default according to CB. PF courted KB --promising her the moon. He manipulated her to come to Colorado telling her that money was not an issue and not to worry about work. He promised they were going to buy their own ranch.

PF rented KB an apartment that was short-lived after she learned money was in fact a problem and searched for pilot work while doing odd jobs.

Eventually, KB found herself living at the Woodland Park Townhomes and about a year later when a unit came up for sale, KB (and her family) purchased the unit May 2018-- just months before her brutal murder. (Not the unit she'd been renting).

We heard testimony yesterday that KB also worked in Pueblo on 11/21/18 so that tells us that after working and a long commute home she was still out in the middle of the night caring for this jerk. Again, KB was nothing but a normal, loving empathetic human taking care of the man she loved.

And we know how he thanked her: besides bashing her skull with a baseball bat, he grossly disparaged her to others for taking so long to deliver his medication -- citing she liked to see him suffer in pain. :mad::mad:

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member