CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missing from KB's condo was her phone, purse, and keys which were all stolen by PF and destroyed or discarded by KK. It was confirmed there was no financial activity in any of KB's accounts since her purchases at Safeway on Thanksgiving Day.

This is one of the 'problems' I think the defense will bring up. If they can convince jurors to doubt KK, there is no actual proof that PF had anything to do with the purse and keys - they could have been taken by some mysterious fictional third person or KK herself.

The phone evidence? If the defense addresses this at all, I suspect they will say PF knew he would be the first to be suspected if KB went missing, so he panicked and took measures to protect himself, even though he wasn't guilty. I'm sure a juror with RS's mindset would find that perfectly plausible.

I'm trying to remind myself that DA May and the defense all knew there was no DNA on the tooth fragment or the hay bale before this trial ever started. He knows that all it takes is one juror to seize on these two results as an excuse to ignore all the rest of the preponderance of evidence. I'm trying to be optimistic that he still has some compelling evidence in store.

Last edited:
Sorry to jump in.... is there a live feed to watch? My search came back with nothing

For this case, the judge said no live feed, no live tweets, nothing to be broadcast from Court property. You can catch up if you would like by going to the media thread and working backwards. HTH.

CO - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*

ETA, I think that the Denver Channel on their latest, and each, report has links to each day of the trial also if you just want to go to one site.

Been listening to Kraemer’s recap from last night. KB’s Doss co-worker testified that PF wouldn’t go to the Christmas party because the dress code was business casual and he hated to wear khakis. Hilarious that through this whole trial, he has to dress business casual! Lol!

Last edited:
I seem to remember a meeting with the judge where the defense was trying to get testimony ruled out that happen between PF and a CPS worker who interviewed PF . The testimony included statements PF made that involved Kelsey. The judge ruled as admissible. Anyone else remember this??
Yes, that's correct.

We're going to hear from that worker before the conclusion of the trial.

JMO.

Been listening to Kraemer’s recap from last night. KB’s Doss co-worker testified that PF wouldn’t go to the Christmas party because the dress code was business casual and he hated to wear khakis. Hilarious that through this whole trial, he has to dress business casual! Lol!

Aside from the childish clothing excuse -- this is textbook nark/psycho behavior. PF would not want to be around KB's friends that may see him as the fraud that he is. And this is the crowd closest to KB -- her only friends in Colorado. MOO

Regarding PF’s wish to convey to all whom he interacted, that he and Kelsey did not have any kind of relationship...it makes me smile in delight to think back to Kelsey’s mom speaking to NATIONAL MEDIA about how they had plans to marry, were “happy” etc. While we all know that is not true, I do love thinking about how that must have made PF squirm. :D

CB is my hero for many reasons.

Last edited:
Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV
Additionally, Stiegerwald stressed they never found Krystal Kenney’s DNA anywhere inside Berreth’s townhome. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

9:08 AM - 14 Nov 2019

We’re on the morning break. A couple highlights: Adam Stiegerwald emphasized the fact that Frazee’s DNA is hardly found inside Berreth’s townhome. When it is, it’s with much lower certainty than Berreth’s. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

9:07 AM - 14 Nov 2019

I'm wondering why we haven't heard anything about the teeth, too. I'm thinking they are Kelsey's and could be part of the bombshell end of the prosecution's testimony. Wonder if PF kept a sovenir.

I don't think the teeth found inside the house at the franch are KB's, but I have wondered about the tooth that PF told KK to look for, the one that he thought went into a vent. IIRC, KK testified that she found the tooth fragment behind a piece of furniture, not in a vent.

That didn't quite make sense to me. I had the impression PF looked for it and was sure it had gone into a vent, not behind a piece of furniture. I wondered if there were two tooth fragments and one of them did in fact go into a vent. Anyone who has ever dropped something small like an earring down a vent knows it can be a pain to retrieve, depending on the configuration of the vents and ductwork. I hope LE thoroughly checked the vents and ductwork for the tooth and didn't just assume that there was only one fragment.

Lead Prosecutor Jennifer Viehman then asked Caitlin Rogers if she was surprised at the absence of Kenney’s DNA. Knowing she was protective clothing and used bleach, Rogers says she wasn’t surprised. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

9:09 AM - 14 Nov 2019

Additionally, Stiegerwald stressed they never found Krystal Kenney’s DNA anywhere inside Berreth’s townhome. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

9:08 AM - 14 Nov 2019

I took an interest in this case in the very first days because I'm in Colorado and has some downtime last year around that time. One of the first commenters here was a new poster who claimed to be a family member of PF's (they were never verified, but MOO I personally found their claim to be extremely credible due to them having inside information that proved accurate) and then spent their posts spewing vitriol and what we now know to be lies about Kelsey, saying we didn't know the whole story but they weren't really engaged and Kelsey disappeared on drinking binges frequently, and basically encouraging everyone to not look for Kelsey because she wanted to stay lost and we might scare her out of coming home. Even then, before we were sure what was going on, this level of hate and disgust for a missing mom was just shocking to me. Even worse now that we know none of the things being said about Kelsey were remotely true, and that she was a good mom and nice person who had been brutally murdered.

I brought this very thing up last week and some kind repliers to my message pointed out the posts you and I are referring to were deleted by admin. They have stuck out in my mind since for many reasons, including the vitriol that even then, seemed so ill-placed and unwarranted given the circumstance. Now that we do know about all the lies, I can't help but wonder the identity of that poster. Using the witness testimony so far, I have a short list. It makes me shutter that a wolf was among us (same feeling in Watts case with that disgusting poster who did the same thing). It was a desperate and gross effort on the part of the poster. And we all (well, I would think most) saw right through it from the beginning. I'm confident the jury will do the same with the lies they were/are presented with regarding Kelsey.

Aside from the childish clothing excuse -- this is textbook nark/psycho behavior. PF would not want to be around KB's friends that may see him as the fraud that he is. And this is the crowd closest to KB -- her only friends in Colorado. MOO
Agree, also KB's friends and co- workers were
a notch or three above his lot in life.
What would a cowboy wannabe have in common with more educated and accomplished aviation people?
PF- "Hey, my cows have diarrhea today."
KB's friend- "HUH? Well, EXACTLY. " :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members