CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV
She testified Frazee told her he tried contacting Berreth everyday through Nov. 28, that they tried meeting to swap custody but ultimately, he says Berreth canceled those meetings. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

9:11 AM - 14 Nov 2019

Teller County DHS case worker Mary Longmire has also taken the stand. She provided some minimal details on her interview with Frazee as part of her work to determine custody placement for his daughter. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

9:10 AM - 14 Nov 2019

Lead Prosecutor Jennifer Viehman then asked Caitlin Rogers if she was surprised at the absence of Kenney’s DNA. Knowing she was protective clothing and used bleach, Rogers says she wasn’t surprised. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

9:09 AM - 14 Nov 2019

Additionally, Stiegerwald stressed they never found Krystal Kenney’s DNA anywhere inside Berreth’s townhome. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

9:08 AM - 14 Nov 2019

We’re on the morning break. A couple highlights: Adam Stiegerwald emphasized the fact that Frazee’s DNA is hardly found inside Berreth’s townhome. When it is, it’s with much lower certainty than Berreth’s. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

9:07 AM - 14 Nov 2019

Ashley Franco‏Verified account @AshleyKKTV
Prosecution re-directed the DNA analyst and asked about what could destroy DNA. Analyst said bleach completely destroys it. If you remember #KrystalLee testified she cleaned the condo with bleach and wore a cleaning suit and gloves. @KKTV11News #KelseyBerreth

Defense argued #PatrickFrazee DNA was only found on very few places in the townhome and #KrystalLee DNA was not found. @KKTV11News

#KelseyBerreth murder trial continued this morning. DNA analyst took the stand again for cross examination. Defense was pointing out #PatrickFrazee and #KrystalLee were excluded from a lot of the tests that came back for DNA. @KKTV11News

Additionally, Stiegerwald stressed they never found Krystal Kenney’s DNA anywhere inside Berreth’s townhome. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

We’re on the morning break. A couple highlights: Adam Stiegerwald emphasized the fact that Frazee’s DNA is hardly found inside Berreth’s townhome. When it is, it’s with much lower certainty than Berreth’s. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

Well considering the fact that Kelsey LIVED there and PF didn't, I would think her DNA would be much more prevalent than his.

She testified Frazee told her he tried contacting Berreth everyday through Nov. 28, that they tried meeting to swap custody but ultimately, he says Berreth canceled those meetings. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

I’m confused, so PF’s story was KB gave him the baby on the 22nd and disappeared, but he told CPS he was trying to arrange custody swaps with KB every day through the 28th? So he indicates to CPS he had contacted her every day but he tells CB a WHOLE different story. Hmmmm.....

I’m pretty sure the phone contact does not indicate that.

Jakob Rodgers‏ @JakobRodgers
#PatrickFrazee said he never saw #KelseyBerreth again, and received text from her several days later saying "Do you even love me?" @csgazette

9:13 AM - 14 Nov 2019

akob Rodgers‏ @JakobRodgers
Again, from caseworker's testimony: #PatrickFrazee said he picked up Kaylee from #KelseyBerreth's apartment around 12:30 p.m. Nov. 22, 2018, and the went to work before planning to meet up with his family. @csgazette

9:12 AM - 14 Nov 2019

On the day before Thanksgiving in 2018, #PatrickFrazee said he met with #KelseyBerreth to exchange their daughter. And during it, Berreth arrived "heated and wanted to talk." The discussion was about them splitting up and sharing custody 50-50. @csgazette

akob Rodgers‏ @JakobRodgers
Longmire said that #PatrickFrazee said he met #KelseyBerreth online on 2016, and that Berreth later moved to Colorado. They lived in separate residences, except for stretches when Berreth stayed with Frazee at his place. @csgazette

Update: Mary Longmire, who was the caseworker with Teller County Department of Human Services, testified about an interview she had in late December 2018 with #PatrickFrazee about his relationship with #KelseyBerreth. @csgazette

9:06 AM - 14 Nov 2019

One thing to remember: The judge in this case has imposed several strict orders limiting media coverage of the #PatrickFrazee trial. As a result, I can't live tweet... but I'll try to get you as many updates as possible during breaks in the action. @csgazette #KelseyBerreth

7:03 AM - 14 Nov 2019

@JakobRodgers

#PatrickFrazee said he never saw #KelseyBerreth again, and received text from her several days later saying "Do you even love me?"
@csgazette
And this text response by "Patrick" - 'Why would I bend over backwards and stand behind you thru everything if I didn't? So to answer your question yes I do.'

is soooo clearly written by a chic and not a dude that I am willing to convict on this one little exchange alone and don't need to hear another piece of evidence! Men don't text like that, especially not dimwit lugheads like Patrick!

I’m confused, so PF’s story was KB gave him the baby on the 22nd and disappeared, but he told CPS he was trying to arrange custody swaps with KB every day through the 28th? So he indicates to CPS he had contacted her every day but he tells CB a WHOLE different story. Hmmmm.....

I’m pretty sure the phone contact does not indicate that.
Nope! His phone records show he contacted KK 46+ times and no calls to KB....

I took an interest in this case in the very first days because I'm in Colorado and has some downtime last year around that time. One of the first commenters here was a new poster who claimed to be a family member of PF's (they were never verified, but MOO I personally found their claim to be extremely credible due to them having inside information that proved accurate) and then spent their posts spewing vitriol and what we now know to be lies about Kelsey, saying we didn't know the whole story but they weren't really engaged and Kelsey disappeared on drinking binges frequently, and basically encouraging everyone to not look for Kelsey because she wanted to stay lost and we might scare her out of coming home. Even then, before we were sure what was going on, this level of hate and disgust for a missing mom was just shocking to me. Even worse now that we know none of the things being said about Kelsey were remotely true, and that she was a good mom and nice person who had been brutally murdered.
Funny how she forgot to mention that when she was at the franch visiting mommie dearest, KB was relegated to the back porch.

Is there a correlation between her no longer attending the proceedings and the revelation of the aforementioned transgressions, now that the whole world knows what a jerk she is? IDK MOO

This is one of the 'problems' I think the defense will bring up. If they can convince jurors to doubt KK, there is no actual proof that PF had anything to do with the purse and keys - they could have been taken by some mysterious fictional third person or KK herself.

The phone evidence? If the defense addresses this at all, I suspect they will say PF knew he would be the first to be suspected if KB went missing, so he panicked and took measures to protect himself, even though he wasn't guilty. I'm sure a juror with RS's mindset would find that perfectly plausible.

I'm trying to remind myself that DA May and the defense all knew there was no DNA on the tooth fragment or the hay bale before this trial ever started. He knows that all it takes is one juror to seize on these two results as an excuse to ignore all the rest of the preponderance of evidence. I'm trying to be optimistic that he still has some compelling evidence in store.

But you did not mention the gun, which KK had very obviously taken to Idaho. How is that taken from her house? Is he going to say that she took all that stuff when she went back to make that phone call/text?

Here for JUSTICE FOR KELSEY. Justice (IMOO) MUST include making sure the PF's family has as little contact with Baby K as possible. Reading the recaps of testimony of how Kelsey was treated by his family just tied me up in knots. PF's MOTHER and SISTER should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. I do not care what lies about KB that PF told them - that still doesn't excuse their behavior. They were hateful to a woman who had moved across the country to be with their son/brother, kicked a pregnant woman out of the home, called her names, didn't respect her as Baby K's mother, and then didn't show one OUNCE of public concern when she went missing. There are no excuses for that behavior. Add on top of that they prevented the Berreths from seeing Baby K while they were in town looking for their daughter (the missing MOTHER of Baby K) AND then when their son/brother was charged in her disappearance/murder they actually fought the Berreths on custody... I just have no words for these despicable people. Baby K needs to be surrounded by people who truly love her for the rest of her life. PF's family showed no regard for Kelsey and no love, regard for Baby K. No one can convince me otherwise. A murder conviction will not bring Kelsey back and I'm sure will only comfort Kelsey's loved ones to a degree. I hope that the trial and conviction will provide further comfort in assisting their custody case to keep ALL the monsters away from Baby K.
^^^ALL of this. So well stated!^^^

But you did not mention the gun, which KK had very obviously taken to Idaho. How is that taken from her house? Is he going to say that she took all that stuff when she went back to make that phone call/text?

She could have taken it during the cleanup.

Don't forget, the defense is not even willing to admit that the murder took place in the condo, and other than KK's word, we have no physical proof that KK did clean up the condo - or that there was a mess to cleanup.

The defense can hint at all sorts of preposterous inconsistent things that the prosecution can't disprove. I think the real defense strategy is to make this a 'he said, she said' case with hints of a possible mystery third person to explain away any obvious inconsistencies.

I'm kind of surprised the defense hasn't suggested that a mystery third person had both KB and PF's phones and was playing texting games to set PF up. After all, we don't actually have evidence to disprove this, do we?

It only takes one juror who feels sorry for PF and is willing to seize on one or two items to discredit the entire preponderance of evidence. It only takes one juror who has really already made up his/her mind and just wants an excuse to confirm their bias.

Look, I think the weight of the evidence is overwhelming, but we have at least one individual here who believes the DNA results from the stained hay bale and the tooth fragment are critical to the case. Those results aren't critical in my mind, but if they are important to one poster here, they may be equally important to a juror (or jurors). I don't see how the non-results can possibly invalidate or explain away all the other evidence, but some folks can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge