CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV
She testified Frazee told her he tried contacting Berreth everyday through Nov. 28, that they tried meeting to swap custody but ultimately, he says Berreth canceled those meetings. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

9:11 AM - 14 Nov 2019

Teller County DHS case worker Mary Longmire has also taken the stand. She provided some minimal details on her interview with Frazee as part of her work to determine custody placement for his daughter. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

9:10 AM - 14 Nov 2019

Lead Prosecutor Jennifer Viehman then asked Caitlin Rogers if she was surprised at the absence of Kenney’s DNA. Knowing she was protective clothing and used bleach, Rogers says she wasn’t surprised. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

9:09 AM - 14 Nov 2019

Additionally, Stiegerwald stressed they never found Krystal Kenney’s DNA anywhere inside Berreth’s townhome. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

9:08 AM - 14 Nov 2019

We’re on the morning break. A couple highlights: Adam Stiegerwald emphasized the fact that Frazee’s DNA is hardly found inside Berreth’s townhome. When it is, it’s with much lower certainty than Berreth’s. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

9:07 AM - 14 Nov 2019
He's on the neighbor's cam 11xs.

I am here this morning and waiting on Justice for Kelsey.

Though I must point out, we, as a group burn through these threads like my wife goes through our bank account. I mean really, I can find 10 new tags still on clothing, and I am scared to look at the bags on the floor of the closet, I am sure we "need" them.

On topic, I logged out at 7:30 and since then we have 27 new pages and a new thread, good thing I have adult-ADD, and only skim posts most of the time.
Since when were WE married? :p:D

She could have taken it during the cleanup.

Don't forget, the defense is not even willing to admit that the murder took place in the condo, and other than KK's word, we have no physical proof that KK did clean up the condo - or that there was a mess to cleanup.

The defense can hint at all sorts of preposterous inconsistent things that the prosecution can't disprove. I think the real defense strategy is to make this a 'he said, she said' case with hints of a possible mystery third person to explain away any obvious inconsistencies.

I'm kind of surprised the defense hasn't suggested that a mystery third person had both KB and PF's phones and was playing texting games to set PF up. After all, we don't actually have evidence to disprove this, do we?

It only takes one juror who feels sorry for PF and is willing to seize on one or two items to discredit the entire preponderance of evidence. It only takes one juror who has really already made up his/her mind and just wants an excuse to confirm their bias.
I think the blood that seeped in between the the tongue and groove floor boards is a good indication there was a mess to clean up. JMO

*No snark intended.

Last edited:
I think the blood that seeped in between the the tongue and groove floor boards is a good indication there was a mess to clean up. JMO

I agree, but the defense neatly covered that with PF's assertions that KB had very messy nose bleeds on two occasions, nose bleeds that left blood on his shirt, pants and boot. Who knows if she had messy nosebleeds at home, too? And I doubt that the experts could or did testify how much of the blood between the floorboards was from the previous owner and how much was KB's blood.

I'm trying to put myself in the mind of the kind of juror the defense is appealing to, someone who is determined to find excuses for PF. It seems absurd, doesn't it? But the defense pointed out that KK's DNA wasn't found in the condo, as though this is 'proof' that KK was never there. Hello? I don't see that as proof that KK was never in the condo, I see it as proof that she was very careful during her cleanup to not leave trace of herself behind. She even parked away from the condo so her friend's car wouldn't be seen near the condo.

I am here this morning and waiting on Justice for Kelsey.

Though I must point out, we, as a group burn through these threads like my wife goes through our bank account. I mean really, I can find 10 new tags still on clothing, and I am scared to look at the bags on the floor of the closet, I am sure we "need" them.

On topic, I logged out at 7:30 and since then we have 27 new pages and a new thread, good thing I have adult-ADD, and only skim posts most of the time.
Since when were WE married? :p:D
Oh, THIS old thing? It's been hanging in the closet for months! ;)

I agree, but the defense neatly covered that with PF's assertions that KB had very messy nose bleeds on two occasions, nose bleeds that left blood on his shirt, pants and boot. Who knows if she had messy nosebleeds at home, too? And I doubt that the experts could or did testify how much of the blood between the floorboards was from the previous owner and how much was KB's blood.

I'm trying to put myself in the mind of the kind of juror the defense is appealing to, someone who is determined to find excuses for PF. It seems absurd, doesn't it? But the defense pointed out that KK's DNA wasn't found in the condo, as though this is 'proof' that KK was never there. Hello? I don't see that as proof that KK was never in the condo, I see it as proof that she was very careful during her cleanup to not leave trace of herself behind. She even parked away from the condo so her friend's car wouldn't be seen near the condo, so it's hardly surprising she wouldn't have gone around leaving her DNA and fingerprints all over inside the condo. She had clearly been inside because she could describe things in detail, including blood spots that LE originally missed.

If KK never went into the condo and a mystery third person described all these things to her in detail, then that mystery person also failed to leave any evidence of his/her presence.

It gets ridiculous, doesn't it? This kind of nonsense only works with a juror already inclined to believe PF. That's who the defense is appealing to and that's who I fear.

Regarding PF’s wish to convey to all whom he interacted, that he and Kelsey did not have any kind of relationship...makes me smile in delight to think back to Kelsey’s mom speaking to NATIONAL MEDIA about how they had plans to marry, were “happy” etc. While we all know that is not true, I do love thinking about how that must have made PF squirm. :D

CB is my hero for many reasons.

Thank you so much for saying this, as I would think that many of us have thought that since early on but have not stated it out loud. I'm glad that you stated it.

Tried to contact her every day until the 28th? Made arrangements to hand off the baby that KB kept cancelling? Oh my aching (word with 3 letters)! His stupidity and lack of awareness is so painful it is making my head hurt.

I expect that PF's lawyers will assert that KK is the "real killer". They will say that she had means, motive and opportunity and that PF is totally innocent. That will be their version of the SODDI Defense. It's not much of an argument, but it's all they've got.

I don't believe the jury will buy it.

She could have taken it during the cleanup.

KB told CB that PF returned her gun to her on 11/21/19 so we know it was in her condo. KK told investigators that PF gave the gun to her in a plastic bag to take to Idaho so we know that PF took the gun from KB's condo. In fact, I suspect PF may have tracked blood upstairs going to retrieve the gun. MOO

I expect that PF's lawyers will assert that KK is the "real killer". They will say that she had means, motive and opportunity and that PF is totally innocent. That will be their version of the SODDI Defense. It's not much of an argument, but it's all they've got.

Didn't they miss the deadline for that?

Tried to contact her every day until the 28th? Made arrangements to hand off the baby that KB kept cancelling? Oh my aching (word with 3 letters)! His stupidity and lack of awareness is so painful it is making my head hurt.
I think the best defence would be to go with the diminished capacity angle at this point. Dear Jury members Poor PF is too Stoopid for his own good.
MOO

They can’t do that. Before trial, they elected to go with a general denial defense rather than an alternate suspect defense.

KB told CB that PF returned her gun to her on 11/21/19 so we know it was in her condo. KK told investigators that PF gave the gun to her in a plastic bag to take to Idaho so we know that PF took the gun from KB's condo. In fact, I suspect PF may have tracked blood upstairs going to retrieve the gun. MOO
Yes!

If KK was willing to take the body with her back to ID, was he thinking he could pass off her injuries as a self inflicted gun shot wound?

Or was it his way of giving KK a little spiff for her trouble?

If they argue that one of the prosecution's "holes" is that PF's dna was only a moderate hit in KB's condo, then assert KK murdered KB herself without any of her DNA found, that would refute their original point. Plus the state's timeline proves accurate to me and KK simply was not there. I don't think they will outright say she did it IMO.

Additionally, Stiegerwald stressed they never found Krystal Kenney’s DNA anywhere inside Berreth’s townhome. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

9:08 AM - 14 Nov 2019

We’re on the morning break. A couple highlights: Adam Stiegerwald emphasized the fact that Frazee’s DNA is hardly found inside Berreth’s townhome. When it is, it’s with much lower certainty than Berreth’s. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

9:07 AM - 14 Nov 2019
I feel like saying: Duh!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members