CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
- PF never posted on fb anything about Kelsey missing or looking for her, like so many fo her friends were doing

- The text messages are all in the search warrants. Sam will post a link so we can read them ourselves. (We probably already have) - He is looking for link now.

It's this one, page 24 - we are already familiar but in case you are following his recap!

https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...FSx3ajOEvHljvGokkSREQ7paTXXoJKJ8suAOkn6TWkbgg

I never for a second believed Kelsey would have been on drugs from what I have learned about her, but why does it even matter if she was to a jury-does that give someone the right to bash their head in with a baseball bat?
Also, I’m highly surprised an aviation company wouldn’t do routine drug testing, just as an observation.

Just feel jury could be asking better questions.

That question from the jury tells me that they were really trying to figure out if PF's words about KB having a drug/alcohol problem could be true or not. That's a bit concerning at this stage in the trial. If they are wondering if she had a drug issue it may mean someone on the jury is considering the possibility she is voluntarily missing and not murdered. :eek: I sure hope that it was only asked from a desire to confirm their impressions that PF had lied about KB. Maybe one juror was a little slow to catch that the previous witness testimony on the subject was all lies on the part of PF? o_O I hope the truth is settled in their minds that PF lied to multiple people + KB did not drink/did not do drugs.

MOO.

It was stated that she was standing on the porch watching the fire, and there would be no reason for someone to just decide to have a bonfire to burn a tote

So... She should just assume her son committed a murder and was burning the body?

She’s not helping the case she is obstructing.
She is not obstructing . (Perhaps you're confusing her with kk?). Some people like to blame mommy for everything.
Whatever pf did is on him.

She is not obstructing . (Perhaps you're confusing her with kk?). Some people like to blame mommy for everything.

I think we’ll have to agree to disagree, she could help prosecution by admitting to watching the fire which would corroborate KK & add to prosecution’s case.

I think we’ll have to agree to disagree, she could help prosecution by admitting to watching the fire which would corroborate KK & add to prosecution’s case.
I totally agree to disagree. I'm sick of the cases where "mommy" is to blame for Everything <modsnip: personalizing>.

Last edited by a moderator:
I Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the work you have done on this case, but respectfully ask, why would we expect someones mother not do everything they can, regardless of offense, to help their child?

And do we even know, if she was, in fact a "witness"? And finally... I do not believe she can control whether or not she, "Looks like a hobbit".
In principle, I agree with you.
I once had a great co-worker whose son was always in trouble. He and his wife were divorced and the son was in his early 20s. He often took time off to take his son to court. One day, his son and his son's friend brutally murdered two people in a drug-related incident. What did my co-worker do? He got him an attorney and went to court with him during his trial. To me, that was the perfect example of unconditional love. My co-worker was certainly not supporting the heinous actions of his son, but simply being a parent. Now, if my co-worker had been saying, "My son is innocent, he was framed!" or if he'd known something and lied to keep his son out of jail, I would have a different opinion. It's a fine line. MOO

She was either obstructing by intending to plead the Fifth as far back as the preliminary hearing (to protect her son), or more likely, she intended to plead the Fifth because she is in legal jeopardy.

So either way, it’s not a good look.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed> ... I love and adore my son to pieces, would give my life up for him, but if he did any such thing to another woman, no way will I cover.

Would it hurt me like hell to tell the truth? You betcha. I'd be a basket case, I'd probably be on a sedative, I'd want to lay down and die, before having to testify against him, if I had to. But I did not raise my son to play head games with women, plot their death, and then go through with it, while having other women on the sideline being strung along.

Yes, I love him, but no way, no how, could I ever defend my son if he did this. He wasn't raised this way.

I can't speak for his mother, on how he was raised. I can only judge her by what was said in testimony by CB- her calling Kelsey a hooker, kicking her out when she was pregnant. Not a warm and welcoming environment to come home to, far away from family and friends, to be with her son. I've even wondered if Patrick even told his mother that he was moving Kelsey into her home, or did he just go and get Kelsey, bring her and whatever she moved with her, and said "hey, Ma, this is my new girlfriend, and she's moving in with us!".

Last edited by a moderator:
On another note than SF, why would there be blood on the ceiling of the bathroom if murder seemed to occur in living room from evidence found? I really hate to think how drawn out her death may have been.

I think no matter how it got there, it was related to the cleanup. I don’t think any violence occurred in there.

On another note than SF, why would there be blood on the ceiling of the bathroom if murder seemed to occur in living room from evidence found? I really hate to think how drawn out her death may have been.

The possibilities are horrific. I hope the bathroom could be explained by PF removing his clothes to take a shower and blood being flung upwards. Still...that's a bloody outfit. :(

I think PF cleaned up in the bathroom and the blood on the ceiling was likely flung up there when he pulled off his shirt.

Sam said something about the state had a subpoena or extended a subpoena for a guy named Bentley?? Not sure if that is first or last name. Sam said he kind of forgot about that and he has no idea who the guy is but there is chance we could be hearing from him tomorrow. Anyone have any idea?
So a person named “Bentley” was supposedly subpoenaed? Where is Sam getting that info from, I wonder?

I also wonder if the person subpoenaed is not “Bentley” but rather “Nedley” as in Dr. Neil Nedley who runs the Nedley Clinic that KB was a resident at for a short while? (Looks like ~10 day in-patient programs are the norm there.)

Could this be another example of bad acoustics at the courthouse?

As always, this is MOO, and nothing more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther