Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see this and it fits also quite possibly with the need to get rid of the Suburban liner on Albany. To me, the confirmation of this liner disposal on Albany was a key new piece of info in AW3.

In order to make the Suburban appear to be 'normal' there was no way that a possibly blood soaked liner could be left in the vehicle. Also, the liner made it possible to lift the body up for transfer to EE Truck or to place the body in a predug grave in/around NC.

I do wonder how Atty. P. is going to explain the liner ending up on Albany? I hope the 2 NY reporters who continue to ask Atty. P. about how he explains the MT/Fd trip down Albany add the liner to their questions when they shout out at Atty. P.!

MOO
Got a chuckle about the 2 NY reporters heckling the Hippie & Loony Bird NP.
Wish there was a laugh button option too:)

Here’s some out of the box ideas I’ve had since we heard about the axe.

I’m wondering if FD needed to chop up the bike to get it into smaller pieces to dispose of in the trash. They might have found a piece of the bike with characteristic dents or marks that match an axe. There is very high tech microscopy that can be routinely done these days to examine dents and marks and determine the kind of tool or object that made them (this is very cool to see).

It’s more likely they were searching for the axe based on a tip from the FD friend he borrowed it from- great work on the part of FD friends including Dana Hinman for calling in clues and concerns!- but it’s also possible that they have some other reason to believe an axe was involved.

It seems like FD (and KM) had a battery of backup plans on hand. Maybe FD needed the axe for the part of the plan that had KM STBX being lured over to 4JC (that seems to have failed). Maybe FD considered using an axe for JD but then decided it was too bulky to carry on his bike.

Also a serious possibility- maybe FD used the axe in digging a grave- I know I’ve used a power saw when trying to dig a big hole (for a tree) on the edge of the woods, to cut the pesky roots of the forest trees in the ground as I dig the hole. Between rocks and tree roots it can be hard to dig a deep hole in the woods in this region even for non-nefarious reasons!

Or maybe, he did use the axe on JD, cleaned it, but couldn’t be sure he could get the blood completely off. Maybe it was too big to put in trash bags (although a broom handle was in there!) or he realized he’d need to return it to the friend to avoid suspicion, but then never did because things heated up too fast.

This is an instance where perhaps he spoke a truth, namely, he needed the axe to chop wood(s). From the sounds of it, he was dealing with a lot of vegetation and overgrowth. A small axe is very useful to cut a path through woods, clear an area, chop roots, etc.

Here is a video report forensic science in relation to this case:

Fantastic report about where the Dulos evidence was processed.

Folks working 24/7 in Meriden to process items for nearly 7,000 cases a year in CT!

Stated that its possible that the axe taken by CSP from Fd can be expedited in terms of analysis to 1 day with most items having a turnaround time of 1 week.

I just saw this listing of Jennifer's home which is on the market. I do not know if someone else posted it but it has a lot of pictures which may help with understanding what happened. The kitchen is close to the garage ant there appears to be a pantry there also with a door. Between the kitchen and garage is a back entry which is part of a transition area between the main house and the garage. I know we are all thinking that he snuck into the garage but I wonder if he arranged a way to get in through the back door so that he was waiting inside. MOO
71 Welles Ln, New Canaan, CT 06840 - Home for Rent - realtor.com®

I just saw this listing of Jennifer's home which is on the market. I do not know if someone else posted it but it has a lot of pictures which may help with understanding what happened. The kitchen is close to the garage ant there appears to be a pantry there also with a door. Between the kitchen and garage is a back entry which is part of a transition area between the main house and the garage. I know we are all thinking that he snuck into the garage but I wonder if he arranged a way to get in through the back door so that he was waiting inside. MOO
Yes! The Owner changed the address of the property from 69 Welles Ln, New Canaan to 71 Welles Ln, New Canaan. He was interviewed at the time and I believe he stated that there was better 'feng shui' associated with the number 71!

Gotta love real estate developers!

MOO

I
I can see this and it fits also quite possibly with the need to get rid of the Suburban liner on Albany. To me, the confirmation of this liner disposal on Albany was a key new piece of info in AW3.

In order to make the Suburban appear to be 'normal' there was no way that a possibly blood soaked liner could be left in the vehicle. Also, the liner made it possible to lift the body up for transfer to EE Truck or to place the body in a predug grave in/around NC.

I do wonder how Atty. P. is going to explain the liner ending up on Albany? I hope the 2 NY reporters who continue to ask Atty. P. about how he explains the MT/Fd trip down Albany add the liner to their questions when they shout out at Atty. P.! WHAT ABOUT THE LINER NORM?????

MOO
I hope that they have the liner. They have not said if they have only that cameras appear to show someone resembling FD placing something that appears to be the liner. It would be great if they do have it. JMO

I apologize. I actually think Bowman is trying his very best to get his client to do the right thing, but she refuses to heed his advice. He knows she is lying; it must be infuriating to have had to sit in on those interviews, knowing how obvious the BS was. Bowman does seem like a decent fellow and a professional. He could help her if only she would take his help.

I tend to agree with all of that except the part where he could help her if she’d let him...I think it’s too late for that. She’s listening to someone else telling her to lie, deflect, convolute, etc. Her testimony now is practically useless because she is now known to be a liar, who does so in order to get or keep an advantage for herself; the only thing she can really offer up is info on what Fd did with Jennifer’s body, and she currently doesn’t want to do that, if she even knows. (I think she does)

Last edited:

Thanks for posting the link. In the last photo, #23, an aerial view shows the back of the house along with garage doors. The back door into the mudroom is recessed and out of view but, to me, there appears to be a key pad on the left-hand side of the frame of the middle garage door.

It will not surprise me if Fd asked one of the children to give him the key code. The man is a master manipulator. The emotional harm he has inflicted is worthy of the death penalty.

JMO

Thanks for posting the link. In the last photo, #23, an aerial view shows the back of the house along with garage doors. The back door into the mudroom is recessed and out of view but, to me, there appears to be a key pad on the left-hand side of the frame of the middle garage door.

It will not surprise me if Fd asked one of the children to give him the key code. The man is a master manipulator. The emotional harm he has inflicted is worthy of the death penalty.

JMO

Oh yeah, I could totally see that happening, too. I can’t think of anything bad enough to call a guy who enlists the help of his child, in order to kill the child’s mother.

Yes! The Owner changed the address of the property from 69 Welles Ln, New Canaan to 71 Welles Ln, New Canaan. He was interviewed at the time and I believe he stated that there was better 'feng shui' associated with the number 71!

Gotta love real estate developers!

MOO
I cannot imagine buying that place. The murder of JD and all the publicity surrounding the property would be just too much for most people. I feel bad for the owner. No way near how bad I feel for Jennifer and her family but like so many of these senseless murders there are so many people affected.
I was thinking today while food shopping that thank goodness all these people, Watts, Frazier, Arias, Peterson, Madison and so many others are not the smartest. They left so much evidence, like breadcrumbs for LE to follow. Thank goodness for the folks that know their loves ones so well and know when something is just not right and then get involved right away to prevent these fools from getting away with these heinous crimes! MOO

Blood yes, however I'm asking whether JD finger prints and blood was on theses things? Example JD was hit in her head, she reaches up to see if she's bleeding, she is and then as running away from FD, she touches the vehicle with blood on her hands? Has there been mention of that?
She may very well have touched the vehicle with her hands or fallen against it. I don't recall anything described that way in the AW. What IS in the AW: the blood on the vehicle was specifically described as spatter defined as the result of being hit by an external force.

Blood yes, however I'm asking whether JD finger prints and blood was on theses things? Example JD was hit in her head, she reaches up to see if she's bleeding, she is and then as running away from FD, she touches the vehicle with blood on her hands? Has there been mention of that?

No fingerprints mentioned that I saw.

Had another thought that your post just sparked. So probably before JD took the kids to school she didn't really have time to "get ready." Shower and groom and such. Just enough time to make a hot mug of tea and eat a granola bar that she never got to open.

So when she gets home she's gonna take a quick shower and get ready and pack for the night in NY and then leave. She's got to be in NY for her first appointment by 11:00 is what I remember reading.

So she pulls into the garage. Gets out with her purse and walks towards the door to the house leading into the laundry room area. Her back is to the garage door opening. He is somehow inside. She goes inside the laundry room area. Remember she's going to take a shower.

She drops her purse on the floor between the mudroom and the kitchen. No one is home (no kids nanny) she starts removing her dirty clothes that she had on to take the kids to school. TO put in the laundry hamper or washing machine. Shirts off...bra...then shoes...you know the drill. Only she never locked the door to the garage leading into the laundry room. She has no idea that he had made it into the garage.

Now when she's disrobing he's now inside the house. She tries to flee. Her only opening is the mudroom door. She is able to unlock it but can't make it outside because he's got her in a bearhug and is dragging her back to the garage. There is a huge struggle. He hits her repeatedly. Blood spatter everywhere but she is still fighting. Half clothed.

Finally, he's wounded her enough that she is prone. Bleeding. Restrains her with the zip ties. Maybe smothers her with the kids camping pillow uses the other to start mopping up blood. She's down. she cant move. possibly dead but definitely not able to escape or cause him anymore concern.

He uses the clothes she already discarded that she was wearing to start cleaning initially, then loads and loads of paper towels.

When my friend was murdered many years ago I met the author Patricia Cornwell and she was saying something about how head/face wounds bleed like stink...like nobody's business.

That is another explanation for the purse on the floor and the mudroom door being unlocked. Rather than locking it back when he was cleaning the crime scene he just wiped it down but wasn't thorough enough and didn't lock it back. Left her purse exactly where it was as he didn't want to touch it.

That is just another possible scenario and a sea of scenarios.

PS I still think she as attacked in the garage and never made it in the house. He probably was too afraid to run into the garage outright lest she see him and escape into the safety of her vehicle. So he slides in as she is closing the garage from the panel near the garage door to the house and hides behind the suburban or between the vehicles and she doesn't look back and never sees or knows he is there.
Had another thought that your post just sparked. So probably before JD took the kids to school she didn't really have time to "get ready." Shower and groom and such. Just enough time to make a hot mug of tea and eat a granola bar that she never got to open.

So when she gets home she's gonna take a quick shower and get ready and pack for the night in NY and then leave. She's got to be in NY for her first appointment by 11:00 is what I remember reading.

So she pulls into the garage. Gets out with her purse and walks towards the door to the house leading into the laundry room area. Her back is to the garage door opening. He is somehow inside. She goes inside the laundry room area. Remember she's going to take a shower.

She drops her purse on the floor between the mudroom and the kitchen. No one is home (no kids nanny) she starts removing her dirty clothes that she had on to take the kids to school. TO put in the laundry hamper or washing machine. Shirts off...bra...then shoes...you know the drill. Only she never locked the door to the garage leading into the laundry room. She has no idea that he had made it into the garage.

Now when she's disrobing he's now inside the house. She tries to flee. Her only opening is the mudroom door. She is able to unlock it but can't make it outside because he's got her in a bearhug and is dragging her back to the garage. There is a huge struggle. He hits her repeatedly. Blood spatter everywhere but she is still fighting. Half clothed.

Finally, he's wounded her enough that she is prone. Bleeding. Restrains her with the zip ties. Maybe smothers her with the kids camping pillow uses the other to start mopping up blood. She's down. she cant move. possibly dead but definitely not able to escape or cause him anymore concern.

He uses the clothes she already discarded that she was wearing to start cleaning initially, then loads and loads of paper towels.

When my friend was murdered many years ago I met the author Patricia Cornwell and she was saying something about how head/face wounds bleed like stink...like nobody's business.

That is another explanation for the purse on the floor and the mudroom door being unlocked. Rather than locking it back when he was cleaning the crime scene he just wiped it down but wasn't thorough enough and didn't lock it back. Left her purse exactly where it was as he didn't want to touch it.

That is just another possible scenario and a sea of scenarios.

PS I still think she as attacked in the garage and never made it in the house. He probably was too afraid to run into the garage outright lest she see him and escape into the safety of her vehicle. So he slides in as she is closing the garage from the panel near the garage door to the house and hides behind the suburban or between the vehicles and she doesn't look back and never sees or knows he is there.

FWIW, believe that her underwear and shirt (XS Vinyard Vines) were cut, so odds are she did not cut or remove them.

FWIW, believe that her underwear and shirt (XS Vinyard Vines) were cut, so odds are she did not cut or remove them.
IMO
He dismembered her body with MT participation in some way - both very comfortable with post mortem animal acts:

FD - taxidermy.
MT - her Instagram company with animal prints and spear fishing.

Clothing got tossed aside with the clean up towels, therefore the clothing ended up on Albany Ave garbage cans.

This is all way beyond civilized society behavior and why JD feared for her life and the kids nanny knew that.

FD is pure evil as is his accomplice MT - although she just may be stupid, with a very low intelligence.

IMO

MUD ROOM PHOTOS!
Photos of 69 Welles Lane, New Canaan, CT 06840 Home For Sale - MLS #99082971

Here are some photos from an older listing of the house, possibly before JD moved in. The pics may be larger in the actual link.There are great shots
of the mudroom from different perspectives. The house was recently relisted, prior to AW3, and the builder said that he did
not feel a murder occurred in the home....I'm sure his position on that has since changed. Better stock up on the sage!

Attachments

• Mudroom with view of back door.jpg
    Mudroom with view of back door.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 150
  • Mudroom with view of door to garage and security key pad.jpg
    Mudroom with view of door to garage and security key pad.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 153
  • Long shot of kitchen with view to garage interior door.jpg
    Long shot of kitchen with view to garage interior door.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
I had a thought about the Tacoma being parked wrong way.
To facilitate loading the Tacoma when he returned from 69 Welles.
But maybe there was someone parked behind the Tacoma when he returned to Lapham so he had to park the Subrurban where he could, whereas he had hoped to pull in past the bed of the Tacoma for a quick hatch to bed unloading.
He got the Tacoma and drove up the 100ft into position behind the Suburban and moved everything to the truck bed under a tarp.

The 28 minute time gap could have been consumed by him waiting to transfer each load only when the coast was ablsolutely clear, or could he could have had good luck and been done it all in minutes if transfer went quickly:

10:25 am leaves 69 Welles 11:12am passes NC Serv. Plaza

47 minutes between video captures.

8 minutes drive Welles to Lapham Rd.
6 miles drive Lapham to Service Plaza

8+6 =14 minutes driving
14+5 =19 (5) minutes minimum transferring to Tacoma

47 -19=28 minutes gap.

He must have taken something in the cab with him since there was a blood like stain on the passenger seat, and blood on the door with JFds DNA.

The warrant states the purse was on the floor in the doorway between the kitchen and mud room. So more or less as you describe for the mud room as a place to store purses, coats, shoes, boots. The odd thing is that it was in the doorway, on the floor. Being in the doorway probably stood out because someone would trip over it walking through the doorway, for example.

Perhaps FD confronted her as she was walking from the mud room into the kitchen, she drops the purse (maybe keys still in her hand) and makes a run back to the garage?

Perhaps FD confronted her as she was walking from the mud room into the kitchen, she drops the purse (maybe keys still in her hand) and makes a run back to the garage?
I was thinking she dropped her purse as well but was not sure Fd would have let her get that far. I am weird and never put my purse on the floor, anywhere, house, car, nowhere. I do however believe she was attacked in the garage and did not make it out alive.
She could have seen him, made a run for the mud room, dropped her purse and he got her and pulled her back in the garage. I do think he was trying to stay in the garage but things got out of control.

I tend to agree with all of that except the part where he could help her if she’d let him...I think it’s too late for that. She’s listening to someone else telling her to lie, deflect, convolute, etc. Her testimony now is practically useless because she is now known to be a liar, who does so in order to get or keep an advantage for herself; the only thing she can really offer up is info on what Fd did with Jennifer’s body, and she currently doesn’t want to do that, if she even knows. (I think she does)

She certainly is guilty, but there is no indication she was the actual killer, nor does is appear she was with Dulos when he ambushed his wife. In terms of culpability, he is the more culpable based on the facts revealed to date. Thus, she could have made some sort of deal. Whether she still can remains to be seen.

Yes, she is a liar, who has given inconsistent statements and I can certainly understand if Coangelo is done with her. She will be vigorously cross-examined if she does testify for the state. That does not mean, however, all deals are, or should be, off the table. Prior to AW3, I thought Bowman might have been able to negotiate a certain term of years. Now, that kind of deal may be too late, and there may be no more negotiations to be had.

Never say never, however, because stranger things have happened in criminal trials. As a very experienced prosecutor was fond of telling juries during close,"You have to go to hell to find witnesses to convict the Devil." In other words, better to make a deal with a very bad person than to let the ultimate wrongdoer go free. Coangelo is an experienced prosecutor. IMO he can prepare his witnesses for trial, although, again, MT's truthfulness to date has been sorely lacking.

This question is something that will be answered in the coming days, although at this point, if I were the prosecutor, I would most likely be turning my attention to KM. He may prove to be someone who will not hold up to incarceration well, especially knowing FD and MT are walking free. Again, I would speculate that any deal will require some term of imprisonment, will require complete cooperation, and will be offered to him only if he is determined by LE to be the less culpable defendant, which he appears to be. He may jump at the proposed cooperation agreement that MT apparently foolishly turned down. It all boils down to what other evidence the State has and whether it determines his testimony will help convict the Devil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500