Found Deceased MT - Amy Harding-Permann, 34, Great Falls, 26 Jan 2020

I also missed that she left her keys. And that her car was in the garage. Was it said in one of the press conferences, I wonder?
Re phone:
Sheriffs are now looking for the community's help in the search for Amy Hardings
John also said that sheriffs found her phone at the house and now has it in their custody.
I've listened to two Cascade Sheriff's Office press conferences and can't locate the information about her keys and car being at the Flood Rd. home.
Thanks for calling me on it.
Maybe I just dreamed I heard it. :-/

<modsnip>

I haven't wanted to post this because I know it can seem like blaming the victim but what if Amy was involved with someone else? After 7 years together with no engagement, it seems like something is misaligned. She would have been 27 when they got together until 34 now. What if she was seeing someone else, he found out about it, and she left to meet that person? It could explain the "data" LE is sifting through - her emails and chats and whatever else with Person #2 to figure out who he was and what happened.

I know the most likely scenario is harm from the live-in partner. Just theorizing another situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip>

I haven't wanted to post this because I know it can seem like blaming the victim but what if Amy was involved with someone else? After 7 years together with no engagement, it seems like something is misaligned. She would have been 27 when they got together until 34 now. What if she was seeing someone else, he found out about it, and she left to meet that person? It could explain the "data" LE is sifting through - her emails and chats and whatever else with Person #2 to figure out who he was and what happened.

I know the most likely scenario is harm from the live-in partner. Just theorizing another situation.
I guess reality is that we don’t even know for sure if she arrived there with someone else waiting in the car. But what her boyfriend reported was apparently that she was headed to the river. I just don’t know how he knew that unless he watched her which would make you think no one was with her and waiting outside. Maybe she walked in on him and a friend together?

That house was big so even if someone else was in it, they may not have seen or heard what was happening depending on who they were.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please read Websleuths social media rules.

The ONLY comments that are allowed from any FB page are those by the Admin of that social media page. Comments by any other member of that page are not allowed to be brought here and discussed. That is how rumors get started.

Also, if a social media pages goes from public to private, even comments by the Admin are not allowed to be brought here for discussion.

But the river has been pretty frozen over for the most part.
With as thin as it is in certain areas, I do think she could have broken through if she did go on the ice. There have been some ice rescues this winter because it isn't super thick and we have had warmer days than usual for winter.
It is just hard for me to fathom someone walking on the ice on purpose. Esp an educated person. But of course anything is possible.
Same. But people were asking if she had gone into the ice, was it stable, could it be risky, could she be stick beneath the ice, etc.

The Facebook page was made private. Why would that be?
"changed the group privacy setting from public to private."

The Facebook page was made private. Why would that be?
"changed the group privacy setting from public to private."

This was never a group made by her family. It is one of those FB chat groups that pop up run by people who like to involve themselves in investigations with absolutely no background or training or credentials in actual investigation or victim advocacy. Locals and family and friends start posting in the chat group but it’s not an official page.

I have wondered about that and see what appears to me a white Jeep and a dark pickup truck in the driveway on google images. I haven’t read it though and wondered why she didn’t just drive away. Did she drive a Jeep?
Google Maps
Maybe a walk to cool off or a smoke? Did she smoke?
Maybe she had been drinking and he took her keys so she wouldn't drive?

Just some speculation....

This was never a group made by her family. It is one of those FB chat groups that pop up run by people who like to involve themselves in investigations with absolutely no background or training or credentials in actual investigation or victim advocacy. Locals and family and friends start posting in the chat group but it’s not an official page.

You mean like us sleuthers? ;-)

If she had pulled a weapon on him , LE would have announced it publicly. They'd say to the searchers, she may be armed with knife or a gun, please do not approach.
In fact, they probably would not have asked for volunteers to search for her, if they thought she was armed.

If she had pulled a weapon, there'd be massive LE turnout and it would have been a different search than we see now, IMO.

Good point. I hadn't thought of that aspect. Thanks.

You mean like us sleuthers? ;-)

And I do realize it may seem ridiculous given that we’re all posting on forum about crime but the FB groups are not allowed to be discussed because of how often they go off the rails and sometimes even interfere with investigations. Only public pages created by family members are usually allowed to be referenced.

It is interesting to read the comments, everyone puts their own "spin" on the situation, with little to no evidence to support the comments.

All we do know, the only evidence that we do have, is that a young woman is missing, and the last person who saw her was her boyfriend.

It is interesting to read the comments, everyone puts their own "spin" on the situation, with little to no evidence to support the comments.

All we do know, the only evidence that we do have, is that a young woman is missing, and the last person who saw her was her boyfriend.

The facebook group is now public and comments are not being allowed anymore and the only updates that will be made from the group will be from the Admins or Moderators.

It is now an information resource group only.

Update from the sheriff: Cascade County Sheriff/Coroner's Office

Update: I’ve been receiving phones calls regarding a rumor the we’ve found Amy Harding. Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, we have not yet located her.
Please understand that I know how much everyone is invested in this investigation and when we find Amy, you will here it from me immediately.

Thank you,
Sheriff Slaughter

JAN 31, 2020
Sheriff: the search for Amy Harding continues
[...]

Late Friday afternoon, Sheriff Slaughter said in a Facebook post: "I’ve been receiving phones calls regarding a rumor the we’ve found Amy Harding. Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, we have not yet located her. Please understand that I know how much everyone is invested in this investigation and when we find Amy, you will here it from me immediately."

On Thursday, January 30, Sheriff Slaughter said in an email: "We are currently bringing in multiple resources from multiple agencies to assist us." In order to protect the integrity of the investigation, Slaughter said the names of the agencies are not being released at this time, nor are any other details of the investigation. At the time, Slaughter said he hopes to release more information sometime next week.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back