Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly questioned the mother in my mind, but something held me back, I never voiced it on SM. Even so, I felt shame for even thinking it despite how common it is that it’s often someone close to them, rather than a stranger. My problem is with the vicious people still blaming her as if they will raise their children to adulthood without making a mistake. If I read it, I post the 911 call because no one that listens to it can doubt this mother IMO. Prayers for Faye’s family.

I as well thought for a split second it was her. But then I quickly changed my mind when I saw she didn’t make any public announcements or talk on TV. She was clearly too upset. My heart aches for her.

I'm pretty good at reading people IMHO. When Chris Watts spoke.. I immediately knew he did it. When Heidi Broussard's boyfriend spoke I knew it wasn’t him. I just had my feelings I guess you could say. Intuition maybe? Gut instinct? Or just pure coincidence. Who knows. But this one. I’ve been following since day one and was literally catching myself at work checking the news at work every free moment I got. I had a feeling it wasn’t her mom. Or even her boyfriend. IMO.

Looking at the diagram a few pages back of the distance from CT and FS house.. the bus stop.. they clearly walked by his house at least 2 times a day all week. He must have been watching. And my god how heart wrenching. If you go back and look and see the walk path you will see they walked by the front of his house. It’s really scary.

Crying my eyes out over that motorcade with little Faye. These police offers really went above and beyond.
I've had goosebumps from my head to my toes, especially when I saw all those police vehicles lined up along the overpass. MOO
t45104.gif

ETA: WIS TV's pinned comment on their live footage says "The procession is 15 minutes out from Caughman-Harman Funeral Home at 503 North Lake Drive, Lexington."

Last edited:
I've had goosebumps from my head to my toes. Especially when I saw all those police vehicles lined up along the overpass. MOO
t45104.gif
Omg. Being a mom myself I literally can’t imagine. I’m not sure I could go on. This is horrible. But so amazing how the police are testing her with respect. That poor baby. God. I am gutted right now. Idk why it’s taken me this long to really “feel” it. I guess out of sight out of mind? This hit home. For sure.
Ps- of course I was devastated for Faye. But this made it all too real. And that 911 call. I could literally feel what her mother was feeling in that moment.

I as well thought for a split second it was her. But then I quickly changed my mind when I saw she didn’t make any public announcements or talk on TV. She was clearly too upset. My heart aches for her.

I'm pretty good at reading people IMHO. When Chris Watts spoke.. I immediately knew he did it. When Heidi Broussard's boyfriend spoke I knew it wasn’t him. I just had my feelings I guess you could say. Intuition maybe? Gut instinct? Or just pure coincidence. Who knows. But this one. I’ve been following since day one and was literally catching myself at work checking the news at work every free moment I got. I had a feeling it wasn’t her mom. Or even her boyfriend. IMO.

Looking at the diagram a few pages back of the distance from CT and FS house.. the bus stop.. they clearly walked by his house at least 2 times a day all week. He must have been watching. And my god how heart wrenching. If you go back and look and see the walk path you will see they walked by the front of his house. It’s really scary.

The image you must be referring to is the one that is incorrect. I shared a correct one and cited the sources on page 1 of this thread. Her home was not that far from the bus stop.

I just finished watching the arrival. I cried seeing all the officers accompanying them. And all the people lined up.

I’ve been out al day for kids’ basketball games. Have they had any sort of PC regarding Fayes autopsy or have they said anything else about CT?
A reporter on WIS-TV said during the live broadcast, just before it ended, that they hoped to hear something later on this afternoon and that they're watching for it. MOO

Just watched this online now and it's so heartbreaking but beautiful the way those officers are giving her such respect and protection is the only way they can.

This case is just so terribly evil but these officers actions must serve as a reminder of the goodness in this world.

RIP Faye

Emily Correll on Twitter
We are expecting Faye Swetlik’s motorcade any minute now here on N. Lake Dr. @WLTX
EQ1nkIhXsAIIUzp.jpg

1:45 PM - 15 Feb 2020 from Lexington, SC

I was sexually abused as a very young child, from age 5 to age 8, and I have never become 'an abuser myself.' I got some help. A lot of it.

It is not a valid excuse. It's even more of a reason NOT to become an abuser, IMO.

You are an amazing survivor. God bless you.

Ita! Those who have suffered sexual abuse as a child are the very ones who wouldnt ever want to inflict it on another child. Never!

When people find themselves in the criminal justice system they will use any excuse they can think of trying to excuse the inexcusable.

Honestly it makes me want to barf... when they claim being abused made them into an adult abuser. Nope, they decided all on their own to become an abuser. It's the choice they willingly made.

Jmho

Last edited:
@boomburger said:
Faye was a minor so according to SC law the details will be made private. Apart from the police, only her family will be told the details and its up to them to reveal them.

<bbm>

Link please. Members need to provide a link to substantiate something stated as fact.

This goes back to a 2014 SC Supreme Court ruling:
After the 2014 ruling, South Carolina joined about 25 states that keep autopsy results from the public, according to the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press.
https://www.heraldonline.com/news/state/south-carolina/article63263032.html

To be clear -- the 2014 state Supreme Court ruling cited and/or linked in the post had nothing to do with minors and more about allowing coroners to talk about results of blood tests without releasing toxicology report.

In SC, all autopsy reports are medical records exempt from public release under the South Carolina Freedom of Information Act.

In the case cited about a car crash involving college students and parent's objection to release of toxicology results, the results were released despite the parent's objection (minors or not).

From the news link provided:

The opinion issued last week relies on a 2014 state Supreme Court ruling that found autopsy reports are medical records exempt from public release under the South Carolina Freedom of Information Act.

“A toxicology report, similar to an autopsy, is a diagnostic test yielding medical information,” assistant attorney general Brenden McDonald wrote in the opinion.

Nearly two years after the Supreme Court’s ruling, there remains little guidance on what, if anything, coroners may release to the public about suspicious deaths in their counties. But the state attorney general’s opinion does appear to allow coroners to talk about the results of blood tests without releasing the toxicology report, saying coroners do not appear to be medical providers under the health privacy act known as HIPPA.

[..]

Toxicology reports from autopsies are medical records that cannot be released to the public, but coroners may talk publically about the results of blood screenings for alcohol and drugs without violating federal health privacy law, according to an opinion released by the state Attorney General’s Office.

The opinion was requested by Spartanburg County Coroner Rusty Clevenger as he investigated the deaths of four USC Upstate students in an Oct. 11 car crash near campus. Clevenger usually releases toxicology reports in cases with a lot of public interest, but some family members of the students objected to him releasing the results.

After reading the opinion, Clevenger released the results from the reports Monday. The driver and two of the three passengers killed had blood-alcohol levels above the 0.08 percent where a jury can consider someone legally drunk in South Carolina, he said.

Last edited:
It’s kinda of driving me crazy because I can make arguments from known facts and statements that the man killed himself but can also do the same for the thought that someone killed him. And neither feels like a reach.

I would really think if it were an obvious suicide that LE would have stated “it appears he took his own life” but they didn’t. Something held them back from it. Combined with the request to know more about him and them saying they want to make sure no one else is involved ; I can’t help but think this may not be as obvious as it seems.
The image you must be referring to is the one that is incorrect. I shared a correct one and cited the sources on page 1 of this thread. Her home was not that far from the bus stop.

I just finished watching the arrival. I cried seeing all the officers accompanying them. And all the people lined up.
OK on this day her mother picked her up at the bus stop. We don’t know for sure that she ever walked by his house from the bus stop.

Thank you. I was having trouble finding any info.
@boomburger said:
Faye was a minor so according to SC law the details will be made private. Apart from the police, only her family will be told the details and its up to them to reveal them.

To be clear -- the 2014 state Supreme Court ruling cited and/or linked in the post had nothing to do with minors and more about allowing coroners to talk about results of blood tests without releasing toxicology report. In the case cited about a car crash involving college students and parent's objection to release of toxicology results, the results were released despite the parent's objection (minors or not).

From the link provided by O/P:

The opinion issued last week relies on a 2014 state Supreme Court ruling that found autopsy reports are medical records exempt from public release under the South Carolina Freedom of Information Act.

“A toxicology report, similar to an autopsy, is a diagnostic test yielding medical information,” assistant attorney general Brenden McDonald wrote in the opinion.

Nearly two years after the Supreme Court’s ruling, there remains little guidance on what, if anything, coroners may release to the public about suspicious deaths in their counties. But the state attorney general’s opinion does appear to allow coroners to talk about the results of blood tests without releasing the toxicology report, saying coroners do not appear to be medical providers under the health privacy act known as HIPPA.

[..]

Toxicology reports from autopsies are medical records that cannot be released to the public, but coroners may talk publically about the results of blood screenings for alcohol and drugs without violating federal health privacy law, according to an opinion released by the state Attorney General’s Office.

The opinion was requested by Spartanburg County Coroner Rusty Clevenger as he investigated the deaths of four USC Upstate students in an Oct. 11 car crash near campus. Clevenger usually releases toxicology reports in cases with a lot of public interest, but some family members of the students objected to him releasing the results.

After reading the opinion, Clevenger released the results from the reports Monday. The driver and two of the three passengers killed had blood-alcohol levels above the 0.08 percent where a jury can consider someone legally drunk in South Carolina, he said.

Friend of Faye Swetlik’s mother asks for public to stop spreading rumors
By Drew Aunkst | February 15, 2020 at 10:20 AM EST - Updated February 15 at 10:41 AM

Jenee Scott, who says she knows Faye’s mother, is having a hard time dealing with what she has heard from authorities this week.

She says she can’t believe that something like this could happen, especially to this family.

Scott says she has seen a lot of awful rumors and speculation on social media and asks that everyone give the family space to go through the grieving process.

“Everybody respect the family’s privacy as they work through this and sort everything out,” Scott said. “Just be sure to disregard any false information that’s not coming from the police department directly.”

Friend of Faye Swetlik’s mother asks for public to stop spreading rumors

I can't seem to locate the older press conferences, but I would have sworn the police said that there was no threat to the community long before the bodies were found. Could be mistaken...
Yes you are correct they said no abduction also ,well what do you call this? No threat they believe right now there's no on going threat guess they are waiting on autopsy also.

This report from Thursday before Faye's body discovered and reported deceased.
Interesting comments and how close LE was to finding her. MOO

Search effort to 'bring Faye home' continues, 1 of 2 vehicles sought located

Thursday, February 13th 2020

Antley addressed Thursday vehicles that had been previously reported being towed from the Swetlik residence.

"We can't share details of what may or may not have been found," Antley said. "We have to keep some parts of this investigation under wraps."

Investigators have been observed at a nearby landfill, and stopping trash collection trucks in the neighborhood.

"In an investigation like this, we are leaving no stone unturned," Antley said. " We are looking for even the smallest piece of evidence that could point us in the direction of bringing Faye home. Whether we find that in back yard of residence, whether we find that in trash truck, or whether we find that at a (garbage) collection center ... we just want to get it."

"We want to get it and provide it to our investigators and let them do what they do," Antley continued. "The FBI has a systematic way of doing things and it is proven to work, and that is what we're using. Our goal is still and remains to bring Faye home." ^^bbm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny