Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little behind so maybe I missed something, but is anyone else annoyed by how people judge CT's appearance? It really bothers me. I know people are crazy and do awful things, but I hate that people jump to judging him just because of him being a 'loner' and not having friends.

If there is any positive to come from this I think it has to be the increased awareness to the number of RSO in the area Faye lived. Evidently she was not killed by a RSO, but I believe it imperative every parent in the Londonberry Square area aware of their neighbors living across the road. If I lived in the area and had kids, I’d be packing up & leaving Dodge.

Last edited:
Someone mentioned that on the video of Faye on the school bus, she looked afraid and seemed to be

The flyer mentioned Faye had a speech impediment caused by tethered tongue and there are appliances worn by people with this condition. I wondered from the beginning if this was something they found. jmo
It was harrowing. She looked like she was dreading & fearing something. Quite frankly she looked terrified.
It gave me a very uneasy feeling that I just cannot shake (this is something that I HATE about being autistic- stuff like this just won’t leave the forefront of my mind & plays over & over) I wish I would have never watched at the video.
I just pray that that look was some kind of bad coincidence & not a possible scenario that keeps clouding my thoughts.

So glad the funeral will be provided at no charge. Idk what is meant by “if people want to donate...”, unless meaning it’s goes towards the funeral?
The information is there if you open the article and follow the link to the fundraiser. MOO

I'm a little behind so maybe I missed something, but is anyone else annoyed by how people judge CT's appearance? It really bothers me. I know people are crazy and do awful things, but I hate that people jump to judging him just because of him being a 'loner' and not having friends.
Don't know where you're seeing that but I'm sure it's one of the reasons I don't read there. ;) MOO

I was unaware of him being a loner & friendless. Everyone is their own personality type.
Reportedly he managed a fast food biz, those positions usually consist of long, long days & utter chaos, imo. If he was a loner, maybe after work he preferred downtime, who knows.

So glad the funeral will be provided at no charge. Idk what is meant by “if people want to donate...”, unless meaning it’s goes towards the funeral?
There is another fund started by a long time friend of Faye's mother. This fund is for moving expenses, deposits and living expenses for (hopefully) a month or two for Mom...and Grandmom, also.

Ariel Map (by me)

Faye Swetlik 6, disappeared 2/10/20 found deceased 2/13/20 - Google My Maps

Here's an up-to-date map of the crime scene for anybody that's interested.

I guess what bothers me the most about this case, is whether Faye was actually still alive when they interviewed the "dead guy". Yeah, he could have let them in and let them walk around briefly to see that there was nothing there. But, it was a 2-story townhouse, and it may have had an attic or a big walk-in closet or some other place that a tiny 6-year old could be hidden. I have to assume, that whatever was going on in his mind...........he HAD to know that he was going to get caught sooner or later. The cops were looking for a living breathing 6 year old, not something that was hog-tied and duct taped in a cubby space. The worst information that can come to light is if the coroner rules that she died within 24 hours of being placed in the woods. That simply means that the day they talked and interviewed the "dead guy", she was still alive.

The fact that the coroner and the cops changed the press conference from a Saturday, "after the autopsy" schedule, until a "We'll see you next Tuesday" schedule also is pretty suspect..........and it may lend a lot of weight to my suspicions about her being alive right up until she was found behind the "dead guys" apartment.

Last edited:
No, I'm not bothered...not at all!!!

I'm glad to read this. I believe the community will be generous and help them with a new start. I recall Hania's family received a new mobile home donated to them after she was abducted and murdered before school from in front of her NC residence.
I'm also hoping that both mom & g-mom can receive some therapeutic services...the whirlwind is winding down and the long haul is just beginning.

Ariel Map

I guess what bothers me the most about this case, is whether Faye was actually still alive when they interviewed the "dead guy". Yeah, he could have let them in and let them walk around briefly to see that there was nothing there. But, it was a 2-story townhouse, and it may have had an attic or a big walk-in closet or some other place that a tiny 6-year old could be hidden. I have to assume, that whatever was going on in his mind...........he HAD to know that he was going to get caught sooner or later. The cops were looking for a living breathing 6 year old, not something that was hog-tied and duct taped in a cubby space. The worst information that can come to light is if the coroner rules that she died within 24 hours of being placed in the woods. That simply means that the day they talked and interviewed the "dead guy", she was still alive.

The fact that the coroner and the cops changed the press conference from a Saturday, "after the autopsy" schedule, until a "We'll see you next Tuesday" schedule also is pretty suspect..........and it may lend a lot of weight to my suspicions about her being alive right up until she was found behind the "dead guys" apartment.
Thank you for updating the map but the link isn't working for me. MOO

Do we know anything about Coty Taylor's family? Did he have siblings? Also, what gave LE interest in going though his trash?

LE was going through all the neighborhood trash bins before it was loaded in the garbage trucks on normal collection day. There are also reports that LE had been searching landfills earlier in the week.

Deceased male is not a suspect or PIO so no sleuthing to provide answers to your questions. Also, don't recall anything in MSM about the decedent's family.

Ariel Map (by me)

Faye Swetlik 6, disappeared 2/10/20 found deceased 2/13/20 - Google My Maps

I figured the autopsy reports were being delayed so Faye's funeral/memorial could focus on her sweet little-girl-life and not the fear-filled details of her final hours.

That seems best to me.

It took me 9 years to be able to talk about my dad’s death without bursting into tears & having severe PTSD.

As much as some of us would like to know what happened, me included, I feel much stronger about not pressuring them to share. And not wanting to know if they aren’t ready. I’m ok with not knowing at all if that means that they are trying to protect themselves so that they can fully heal.
As a mom if that happened to me I just don’t think that I could ever survive it, let alone talk about it with the media.
The loss of a child is an indescribable agony. I know this first hand. The family must be allowed to grieve and receive both professional and community support. Their lives are forever altered. Their need to survive this trauma far outweighs the public's interest in details of their child's last dying moments. This is sacred ground. Only the family should be given those details IMHO. If they ever want to discuss in the future it will be when they are ready.

Last edited:
Funeral expenses for Faye Swetlik to be covered
[Video]

February 16, 2020 at 5:38 PM EST - Updated February 16 at 6:49 PM

WEST COLUMBIA, S.C. (WIS) - The family of Faye Swetlik will not have to pay any money for the little girl’s funeral.

Caughman Harman Funeral Home said all expenses will be covered.

This is just one example of the community rallying behind the Swetliks.

At a vigil Saturday night, Faye’s parents made their first known public appearance.

Outside the growing memorial in front of the Churchill Heights neighborhood, hundreds of community members came through to drop off teddy bears or flowers, lit a candle, or pray for the six-year-old girl. Faye’s parents stood close to the memorial, away from the cameras, but close to those who were grieving with them.

:(:(:(

I figured the autopsy reports were being delayed so Faye's funeral/memorial could focus on her sweet little-girl-life and not the fear-filled details of her final hours.

That seems best to me.

I think it’s more likely the autopsy reports were delayed simply because of the holiday weekend, Monday being President’s Day. Though LE works 24/7, probably not everyone in the medical examiner’s office does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz