Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *Arrests* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As you can see from my avatar - I haven't been on this site since sweet Caylee's disappearance. Whenever I read about this - I had to get over here. I finally finished reading/skimming both threads. Gosh I hope this sweet girl is found safe and sound.

I cannot get on board with “passing” a baby around. Regardless of race or culture.

I don't understand this. It's been tradition in thousands of cultures for hundreds of years for groups of family women to raise children together. Each child just as their own regardless of whether they birthed them or not.

Just because Americans think that mothers should do it all on their own doesn't mean that other cultures have to adhere to that or should face judgement if they don't. In actuality there have been extensive studies that community or familial raising of children is extremely beneficial to children.

I wonder if HW didn't want to seriously date someone with a kid - fair enough, he's young - so she got rid of the kid. He's still not biting, so she gets pregnant by him, thinking he'll have to be with her.

It's one of the oldest forms of manipulation. Susan Smith got rid of her two sons for the same reason.

JMO

Well, CPS was involved because TB notified them before the Amber Alert was issued on Wednesday night. I'm not sure how long before the Amber Alert, though. And I'm not sure when HW did his " Chicken shack, chicken shack, broken arm, chicken shack " interview. Let me go back and see if I can try to figure out these parts of the timeline.
Sounds good. I haven't even seen that Chicken Shack video. I'm interested in any CPS involvement, though.

Do you have to post the poll there, or can it be somehow linked into this thread?

If I make a poll on an external website am I allowed to post the link?

Thank you!
You can post the poll in the Websleuth's Poll Forum and link it here. I don't think I've ever seen one linked from another site - you should ask a mod about that. MOO

I got pregnant twice on the pill and once on an IUD. You're not always in control.

I understand that there there are exceptions who experience contraceptive failures, but far too often, I see young men blame women for pregnancies when they took no measures on their side to prevent it. I am raising two boys. You better believe that when they reach an appropriate age, I will teach them that the female is not solely responsible for preventing pregnancy.

JMO, I have big concerns that there is at least one person in this case who we haven't heard much about. I have no doubt that LE has spoken to this individual, but they obviously haven't been named a POI. I don't have much else to go on but a weird gut feeling and there isn't any link to share at this time that supports my thoughts or feelings. That's all for now, just my 2 cents.

Well, CPS was involved because TB notified them before the Amber Alert was issued on Wednesday night. I'm not sure how long before the Amber Alert, though. And I'm not sure when HW did his " Chicken shack, chicken shack, broken arm, chicken shack " interview. Let me go back and see if I can try to figure out these parts of the timeline.
If CPS had previous involvement, I think we would have heard about it by now. TB notified them that EB is missing. Of course the first thing CPS would do is get LE to do a well-being check at the child's residence.

JMO

I'm still waiting to see where in Gypsy (to use MB's own word), Traveller, or whatever type of culture their family adheres to, it is written that people should go to a cemetery to talk about missing children. (Have they searched said cemetery for any unaccounted-for turned-over dirt, btw?) . I mean, a child is missing and might be dead. Doesn't it seem a little cocky and tempting fate to stroll to a gravesite to talk about her, let alone the optics?

Think of "Gypsy" like the "N" word. It's okay for people of the ethnicity to use it. It's not okay for others. It really isn't hard to replace it with a socially acceptable term from an outside. Romani, Traveller, nomadic ... take your pick.

That said I explained lastnight that Romani people keep a strong connection with those who have passed. Not in some ooogey occult fashion as some are trying to make it out to be but as in drawing strength, comfort and guidance from them and their presence. We believe the spirits of loved ones will guide us. It's not unusual for a Romani person to visit a grave site of a loved one DAILY almost as a meditative or connective practice. Dead people and cemeteries aren't morbid to us. They're places of comfort and connection.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but in HW's interview, didn't he say that MB told him that Evelyn had fallen off the bed and broken her arm when EP had her over Christmas, AND that EP had to take her to the hospital ? So that's a lie that LE would be able to figure out very quickly, because hospital records are easy to check. And LE doesn't seem in the slightest concerned about EP to me, considering Seabolt said just this morning that he wasn't even sure of EP's current location . If LE believed for 1 minute that EP had broken this child's arm during the timeframe she was last seen alive by anyone, they would be all over him.

Which just brings me back to the same question I've had from the start...who is lying about this broken arm story ? MB or HW ? And WHY are they lying about it.

RBBM:
One possibility is that MB told her boyfriend in order to explain why EP was no longer around (after EP's leave was over and EB wasn't returned back to MB.) Maybe that is when she first began telling the story of how EP was at her mother's house. Then, later, when it was clear that AB did not have the baby the silver camper people came to life. JMO.

Last edited:
I don't understand this. It's been tradition in thousands of cultures for hundreds of years for groups of family women to raise children together. Each child just as their own regardless of whether they birthed them or not.

Just because Americans think that mothers should do it all on their own doesn't mean that other cultures have to adhere to that or should face judgement if they don't. In actuality there have been extensive studies that community or familial raising of children is extremely beneficial to children.
It's not that there is anything wrong with raising children this way, it's that the custodial parent is ultimately responsible for their child's well-being. That includes while their child is in someone else's care.

So whether her child is in the care of another person or not, she is now misleading detectives and hindering the investigation by not being truthful.

This would imply that she knows more than what she has revealed and that she has something to hide. Why not just cooperate? Why did she not report her daughter missing for two months and now that police are involved suddenly claim she wants to find her?

It just doesn't add up.

Imo

Yes, exactly. She chose to discuss that instead of asking for the public's help to find her baby and pleading to the person who has her baby to please bring her back safely. (Until she was prompted) She also chose to criticize LE because they aren't taking her seriously so she has to go search for her baby herself. They are her only hope in finding her child. Why isn't she thanking them and supporting their efforts instead of lying about the investigation?

She put all the blame on her mother but was vague as to how she threatened her. She stated that her mother was vindictive and she had had past problems with her but when asked why she trusted her to care for her child she just said, "because she's my mother."

She also said Evelyn is the kind of baby anyone would hope for but then went on to imply that it was "very hard" when she started to walk and that she pulled out clumps of her hair. She was so relieved that the one time she didn't pull her hair, but kissed her instead, she cried for a week.

She also said she had broken a lot of phones. How did she break them? Is it just an explanation for why she changed phones a lot? Does she have a temper?

She stated the last time she saw her was when she went out to lunch with her and described exactly what she was wearing. Is that the day she knew she went missing?

So yes, it is very interesting what she chose to speak about and why.

Imo

The interview was an hour long. Did you watch the entire version or the edited for newsclip one? She talked about a lot of things.

She told HW that because she broke her arm, IMO. Or he broke the arm. I’m still not buying that he never met the baby. But if he didn’t, my theory is that EB died in an attack by MB, and that MB wanted some measure of sympathy and so that is the part she told him, but fudged the facts to blame EP. The reality doesn’t matter to MB, just the ability to play victim.

Yeah, I'm with you on, at minimum, the arm-breaking. :(

Since, well, we know she didn't see her father (EP) in December, so there's that.

If anybody in fact broke Evelyn's arm it's either MB herself; or it, at minimum, happened under her watch.

Just checking in to see if anything is new. Watched the interview. Now Gypsy's have the baby. This reminds me so much of Casey Anthony. I mean if Casey wrote a book on how to minus a baby this is a case study. Sorry but I don't believe a word anybody is saying and smiling while they are saying it. Poor little Evelyn. What a beautiful little girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member