Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nate Eaton’s Facebook page 12 mins ago:

I just got off the phone with a woman named Sharon. She stopped by the Shared Blessings Thrift Shop on Kauai around 2:10 p.m. today and Chad Daybell was there. She casually followed him into the parking lot and began a friendly 2-3 minute conversation. Chad told her he was dropping off donations because he's moving back to Idaho "soon" to support Lori. Sharon said, "Couldn't Lori get out of jail if she just said where the kids are?" He responded, "It isn't that easy." Chad told Sharon he wasn't in court yesterday because of the media "circus" and said the story isn't being reported properly. He specifically said that East Idaho News was wrong. Sharon asked if he was still LDS and he said that he was. The conversation was polite and he got into his car. Sharon did not have her phone on her but did snap a photo of Chad's Jeep once she got to her car. I've confirmed with journalists on the island that this is indeed the vehicle Chad has been driving. Chad - if you see this and we are indeed getting our stories wrong, please call me. Email me. Message me. I will talk to you and listen to you. Help me clear up any rumors. Let me hear your side and tell the world your thoughts. Because this story isn't going away - and neither are we.

Nate Eaton - Reporter
So he's fine chatting about things with random strangers now? Lori - be worried, you're losing that tight grip :)

I hope like h*** those kids are NOT currently in public school.

It's there somewhere; I remember it, too.

I thought that was obvious from the hearing.

Oh, totally. I kept getting so sidetracked watching his body language and speech patterns that I forgot to watch her! IMO, he did not have any belief that the hearing to reduce bail was going to accomplish anything, and was just doing what his client wanted him to. Compare his mannerisms and the way he's speaking during the first portion, about the request for bail reduction, with the way he speaks and behaves after the judge has made her decision and he moves on the the waiver. Much more confident and comfortable. Honestly was surprised at how much he was broadcasting his discomfort with having to make the request; it didn't fit with his apparent years of experience. It screamed of "just doing this because I have to, not because I believe in it". And, since Kauai seems to be a very small community with very few judges, the judge is almost certain to be very familiar with his typical courtroom demeanor. Her words - and disdain - were for Lori, IMO, and not the defense attorney, who was simply doing his job. However, I'm doubtful Lori picked up on any of that.

A defense attorney does not necessarily believe their client is innocent. A good one will not make unrealistic promises to their client; rather, they will help them seek the most favorable option available to them. Often, an attorney will encourage their client to plea bargain to lesser charges because they believe the client is likely to be convicted at trial and thus have much greater punishment. It can be pretty difficult for an attorney to deal with a client who will not accept reality. In this case, I suspect that Lori demanded that he fight extradition and for reduced bail, and that a compromise was reached where he convinced her that if the judge denied the reduction, her chances of reduced bail would be better once she was back in Idaho, which made her willing to sign the waiver.

I can't figure out why the media even thinks that 10+ year old debt and bankruptcy filing is relevant to the case. Heck, they could have ignored the debts and had them off their credit report by now.

Um... I've never had to prove that I lived in the same city as where I got a PO Box. In fact, I've usually gotten one months before I moved, before I even found housing, so that I had somewhere to forward mail to ahead of time. For both same-state and different-state moves. You have to have ID, and you have to prove your current physical address, but it doesn't have to be local to the PO Box. It's incredibly common in the region I'm from for people to get boxes at a different office because the size they want is unavailable at the nearest one. (Or, they're completely full up, which happens at one particular location at least once a year.)

The last time I had to add multiple adults to my box, I simply added all their names. The only reason they needed to show ID was if they were going to want to be able to enter the post office and be handed the mail; the post office doesn't care who picks it up with a key. And any name will end up in the box at most post offices, so long as it has the correct address. Even using a pseudonym on a PO box is relatively simple, just add it to the list. The ID proof is so they can track down at least one real person in connection with the box, if necessary. (I've had a lot more difficulty trying to get them to STOP delivering mail to me that was not for me/my household. That's pretty much futile, IMO.)
The bk article on Chad is valuable in showing his income or rather the lack of it. Some people posted he was making 30k a month, it’s obviously not the case.

I can't help thinking of the movie Frailty
:eek::eek:-! you would say that!

from interview with screenwriter Brent Henley...
DVDTalk Interview - Brent Hanley Screenwriter of Frailty
Where did you come up with the idea for Frailty?
:confused:"It’s 100% autobiographical. You laugh but most people don’t. That’s actually freak out quite a few creative executives in Hollywood. Where did I get the idea? You know, it’s a myriad of things. I grew up in Texas, the Bible belt, grew up in church, kind of raised by my grandma who was a Southern Baptist. So I kind of sat in the back of the church flipping through the back of the Bible to read about all of the dark things that were going to go on there and also all the dark things that went on in the Bible in the Old Testament. That had a lot to do with it..." "Plus, the more banal answer is that it was a combination of two ideas that kind of lead to me writing the script."
Based on the subject matter was it difficult to get the story produced in Hollywood?
"...Really, I don’t know. I’ve been asked that question; it’s kind of a hard question because all the studios turned it down..." "...The first day it went out to all the major studios, and they all turned it down because it was too dark, which you know granted..." "We had taken it to one director and he called the thing evil and he said it was just a work of pure evil and that I must be the devil or something."
"I think if you get Frailty you get Frailty, if you don’t you don’t."

not to slam film noir or anything, but kinda makes you wonder if CD maybe saw it and felt like he got it:confused:

It’s quite appropriate though really isn’t it? I think even JK Rowling would have struggled thinking up this plot. We could do with Harry Potter and co to help find the children IMO :(

Harry Potter and the Disorders Out Of Phoenix

Harry Potter and the Prisoner Who's Mormon-Banned

Harry Potter and the Deathly Vallows

Harry Potter and the Podcast Hints

The Deathly Vallows one was my favorite on account of I just changed one letter, lol...

Last edited:
Melani's lawyer was talking about how fond she was of her aunt Lori because of the great person she was. They are sticking together, and Zulema and Lori's other sister with them. I hope Chad's family sees that they are going to throw him under the bus and blame his "influence" for everything. They need to get real with him and convince him to come clean first. The police have plenty on Chad...just waiting til he follows her back to ID so they only have to pay for one extradition and bit two.

Good catch. But do you think the shaking of the head is simply because he’s answering in the negative? If he knew that the kids were ok, would seem a little awkward to nod his head while answering negatively to being able to comment?
He didn't have to do either, he could have just spoken without a definitive head movement. Personally, I think he's leaking.

Nightline featured LVD’s appearance in court last night. They showed a quick video of CD moving out of the townhouse he and LVD lives in in HI. They said while the hearing was going on he was moving with the help of two men.... I think they were from a moving company and not friends lol. So I believe that is why he was not in court. I think they both knew that there was likely no way she would get a lower bail. MOO
I’m still catching up on the thread, so I apologize if this has already been pointed out, but...

Chad was moving out while the courtroom appearance was happening???

This implies they would not be staying at the very “residence” that Lori’s attorney was that very moment stating her husband resides in. What were they planning to do if she did get the amount reduced and Chad could pay her bail??? Either 1. Chad is out of there, on his own (which I doubt), 2. they both knew she was not getting out and there is no time (nor money) to waste in getting out, or 3. they were planning to try and get outta dodge!!! IMO

Every employer is different of course but in my experience the employer pays for some nominal amount, maybe $25,000 or something then you can buy up in stages up to a limit of some multiple of your salary (3x maybe). Usually you can buy up to the max when you are hired but during any open enrollment you can only go up one or two steps per year.

So while I believe the $430,000 number reported by LE, I don't understand how she would be able to get that much through her employer. Librarians are not paid nearly what they are worth. If she was paid $50,000 a year I would be surprised so I can't figure out how she would have that much life insurance from work.

I don't disagree with what you'd said other than to point out that it varies a lot from employer to employer and government employees (at least IMO) tend to have better benefits than the private sector (offset by salaries that might not be competitive). I just checked my employer to see what our options were. The employer has what they call basic life which everyone who is full time gets 1X their salary paid by the employer and can pay extra to get up to 3x salary (limited to 500,000, but you'd have to make 160K+ per year to max out). Then they have supplemental life which can be any multiple of 10,000 to a max of 5 times salary, but in no case more than 500,000. So ultimately this would be 8 times salary. If Tammy had the same limit and made slightly more than 50K a year it would get her to the 430,000. So I don't think we can rule it out, but also agree that this seems to be pushing the norm, but I would also say that Tammy having that much life insurance is pushing the norms regardless.

I don't think you need a physical address for a P.O. Box. Not having a physical address is the reason many need a P.O. box. A lot of homeless get their Government benefits via P.O. Boxes. Full-time RV'ers are another group.

Full-time RVers need mail forwarding services (often) and almost always more than a regular PO box at a US post office would provide, so they get a PO box at a private company (UPS and Fed Ex offices often have them as one possibility). The rules for those might be different than for a PO box at a post office. At least in the case of full time RVers, the PO box is sometimes used to establish their state of residency (one with no state income tax is often the main factor in picking a state).

Warning. I'm a bit numb still, but I need to share this. There's a reason, keep reading.

I found my elderly next door neighbor dead about 2.5 hours ago. Called 911, the whole natural death scenario. Tip: don't touch anything if you find your neighbor deceased, and have ID ready. You can touch stuff after the coroner declares natural death. Have your ID ready. They need your statement and they will check you out with dispatch.

So. All family is far away. Since I obviously knew her, the police came over afterwards. Here's the important point:

He told me there were body fluids in the house and NONE OF THEM (emts, police, coroner) are allowed to clean at a scene. Guess who cleaned it up? Yes, I followed protocol. I had a nurse help me. No way was i leaving that for the family to walk into.

Remember that cop cleaning up under CV?

Jmo food for thought.

I can’t help but feel CD is involved in Tammy’s death. She had absolutely NO symptoms right up until she just dies? I seriously doubt Lori or Alex would’ve had access to her that night.

Does anyone remember the Kari Baker/ Matt Baker case? He was a preacher that killed his wife to be with his secret lover. He said Kari committed suicide by ODing on sleeping meds. Case closed, quick burial.
Finally, enough suspicion and her body was exhumed after a few months and low and behold she had traces of other meds in her system. When it went to trial, the prosecutor suggested after spiking her drink with crushed sleeping pills, Matt then took a pillow and finished the job. Do you think this is a possibility of what happened to Tammy?

MOO and all that!

Warning. I'm a bit numb still, but I need to share this. There's a reason, keep reading.

I found my elderly next door neighbor dead about 2.5 hours ago. Called 911, the whole natural death scenario. Tip: don't touch anything if you find your neighbor deceased, and have ID ready. You can touch stuff after the coroner declares natural death. Have your ID ready. They need your statement and they will check you out with dispatch.

So. All family is far away. Since I obviously knew her, the police came over afterwards. Here's the important point:

He told me there were body fluids in the house and NONE OF THEM (emts, police, coroner) are allowed to clean at a scene. Guess who cleaned it up? Yes, I followed protocol. I had a nurse help me. No way was i leaving that for the family to walk into.

Jmo food for thought.

I'm sorry about your neighbor.

That cop cleaning up under CV should be investigated by IA, imo.

Jmo food for thought.
Oh dear. I hope you are okay.

Jmo food for thought.

Bless your heart ... so sorry to hear this!!

Jmo food for thought.

I have questions, and also I'm sorry that happened to you.

I'm so sorry to hear you had to endure that this evening :( In regards to cleaning up bodily fluids, I have never ever heard of any law enforcement or emergency personnel cleaning up bodily fluids inside of a home. The only time I have ever seen bodily fluids/blood cleaned is when it is outdoors on a sidewalk or road, etc, and LE may have fireman hose blood away from roads, etc after their investigation.

Jmo food for thought.

The bk article on Chad is valuable in showing his income or rather the lack of it. Some people posted he was making 30k a month, it’s obviously not the case.
I still don't understand why income from 2008 is relevant in 2020. If it was in the last couple of years, I could see it... but a dozen years ago is irrelevant, imo. (Heck, I personally made 5x more last year than I did in 2008.)

I can’t help but feel CD is involved in Tammy’s death. She had absolutely NO symptoms right up until she just dies? I seriously doubt Lori or Alex would’ve had access to her that night.

Does anyone remember the Kari Baker/ Matt Baker case? He was a preacher that killed his wife to be with his secret lover. He said Kari committed suicide by ODing on sleeping meds. Case closed, quick burial.
Finally, enough suspicion and her body was exhumed after a few months and low and behold she had traces of other meds in her system. When it went to trial, the prosecutor suggested after spiking her drink with crushed sleeping pills, Matt then took a pillow and finished the job. Do you think this is a possibility of what happened to Tammy?

MOO and all that!

We don't know what happened to Tammy yet. She could have just died from a massive heart attack or brain aneurysm suddenly, and that would still be more likely than her being murdered, for example. Until the autopsy and toxicology results on Tammy is released, it's unlikely any new info will surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member