Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #39

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I wonder why someone said it was. Maybe it was mentioned as speculation. I don't think we will know for sure until it's verified.

For now I'm just considering it a possibility. She had to have put the body in something, whether a suitcase, duffel bag, airtight container or garbage bags. Maybe it was a combination of things.

Imo

Tricia discussed the info about GS being found in a suitcase in the WS YT vid from 2 nights ago.

Apparently, one of GS's relatives (a maternal great-aunt, I think Tricia said), posted the info to SM.

JMO.

Looking over this map, makes me ask if it is known whether LE was tracking her (via watch or phone) or the vehicle by GPS.

If she was the sole driver, why in the world would she drive that huge distance out of the way, on the way back to South Carolina to dump his body over the side of the road in that particular spot. Makes no common sense to me.
If she did in fact have him in the vehicle, she could have put him over the side of the road in Tennessee, Kentucky etc. with equal chance of not being found.

I think she passed him off to somebody else with the request to get rid of him and that person dumped him there. And, I ask again "Why there?"

I think they "tracked her" after the fact... not during, for surely they would have had her pulled over. I don't know why she left Gannon there but somebody did suggest, by not leaving the road, it wouldn't appear she had not stopped along the way for the purpose of leaving a body behind. When I read that, it made a lot of sense to me.

I sometimes wonder if her original plan of where to leave him was some place else... but, a growing problem of odor forced her hand so she pulled over as soon as she came across a "good place to hide him." I think she would have had internet in a hotel (or even on the road at times) and she might have been watching for just such a place to present itself on Google Earth or some other such service. If you look at where she left Gannon, it appears to be a very expansive area of "nothing" but scrub trees and marshy grasses. ("photo below") Imo, looking at the area from above makes it look like a very desolate area.
JMO

Attachments

• SCRUB TREES-MARSH GRASSES.jpg
    SCRUB TREES-MARSH GRASSES.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Personally, I'm thinking they were not tracking her. Otherwise a random road crew worker would not have been the one to find his body.

Not in real time, maybe, but if they distributed a list of phone ping locations to all pertinent jurisdictions, local authorities could have alerted road crews to be vigilant in particular areas.

The result of DNA swabs from inside the 'potential' suitcase may prove to be of interest.
Along with possible prints from a garbage bag (I assume that she had to have used something like this to contain the decomposition smell and fluids), or even matching up said bag to the roll that it came from. MOO

Tricia discussed the info about GS being found in a suitcase in the WS YT vid from 2 nights ago, not last night.

Apparently, one of GS's relatives ( a maternal great-aunt, iirc), posted the info to SM.

JMO.
And it wouldn’t be that surprising, she needed an easy way to transport his body. A suitcase would serve two purposes, 1 to conceal it and 2 to make it easier to handle. God I hope she was dumb enough to use one of her own ones!

This is really the first time I’m seeing water could be involved for sure - and that is a little scary to me as I have posted about thinking he was in/near water - I wish we knew how high the water was during February
JMO
... and I recall your post as it struck a cord with my own intuition. TS mentioned that she would not search ponds or whatever. Is it possible the suitcase was dropped into the Escambia River then migrated to that location before water receded?

Reading the new sentence enhancers - they're alleging that she used a firearm, a blunt weapon, and a knife or sharp instrument, correct? I'm stunned but they really seem to be alleging use of all 3 of those things.

If he really was found in a suitcase, I think she may have dismembered him. Maybe she struck him with a board at home, seriously injuring him. Then she took him in the truck, shot him, then hid his body somewhere not too far from the home, maybe somewhere near Larkspur.

After reporting him missing, she got spooked and returned to his body. At this point it would've been stiff from the rigor and freezing cold. Hard to fit into a suitcase or move around. So she used something like a knife or saw to dismember him and put him in the suitcase.

A chain of events like that would account for all the charges and sentence enhancers, and explain how she would've gotten his body down to FL and why LE found evidence of his death weeks before finding his body. I think they found the location where she first hid his body.

All speculation, of course. Just trying to wrap my head around all of the charges.

Really? I wonder why someone said it was. Maybe it was mentioned as speculation. I don't think we will know for sure until it's verified.

For now I'm just considering it a possibility. She had to have put the body in something, whether a suitcase, duffel bag, airtight container or garbage bags. Maybe it was a combination of things.

I think we are waiting to hear from the interviewer from Crime online (Leigh?)
but now is probably not an appropriate time to check with the family after all this new information.

Imo

It was on the Friday night broadcast that Leigh talked about it with Tricia.... which I just got a chance to watch this morning.

MOO

Sheryl McCollum from the Cold Case Investigative Research Institue joins us at 10:00 PM TONIGHT LIVE ON WEBSLEUTHS YOUTUBE
Websleuths

Awesome discussion, @Tricia! As I was watching/listening to the last 2 videos, I was struck with the thought of how courageous reporters (like Leigh Eagen or Spencer Wilson) are. Trying to build relationships with these evil monsters must be a difficult task. Especially when their stories don't add up, and reporters realize they are speaking to someone who just murdered a child. Much respect to them. No doubt the information they have gathered will help with the investigation.

It would be awesome if you could get Spencer Wilson to chat with you (hint, hint), since many of us follow him on Twitter, and appreciate his work.

Thanks for your hard work to keep WS alive for all of us!

Idk it’s possible they were tracking her, maybe not live tracking etc. But based on the witness list attached to the arrest affidavit, it sure seems like they knew where she’s been. Remember tracking 1500 miles plus would be hard to pinpoint an exact disposal location. Especially if she was stopped for less than a minute or two. I’m not saying they were or weren’t tracking her, but I’m definitely open to the possibility and think it’s more likely than not honestly.

I agree. I don't know if they were literally tailing her. At a minimum, though, they were following her tracks after the fact, through stuff like financial transactions, sightings, maybe GPS or other geolocation data.

I agree with you. After going to look at the site, it is way too far up from the river for him to have washed up there. The rocks are there to prevent erosion and the spot he was found is very far from the water even in a high state. I still think she placed him where he was found from the westbound lane because it feels so hidden by how much lower it is than the east/northbound lane. To throw something off the higher bridge would leave her very exposed. It seems like if you threw something off the other bridge, there would be no way for it to end up 'under' the bridge. jmo, moo

There is an access road that bears off to the right on the lower road and winds downhill and under the bridge. Gray Hughes has a great google map version of it on youtube. Not sure if I can link or not.

It all depends on how she enters their culture. I hate to say it, but she is now a celebrity and there are people who will size her up, who are evil incarnate themselves, and sidle right up to her. She doesn't need more than 1-3 allies, and small groups of evil people are at the core of the prison power system. If she can convince a small group of like-minded individuals (people like herself) that she's Badass, she'll have no chance of being overpowered. She knows how to play this kind of currency better than most people.

Prisoners are all about how to get things for themselves. In addition to the possibility that LS will make "friends" in prison (since that is her MO and she has fooled and bamboozled many), she may still have outside support and thus, things to give to other prisoners.

Also, she's going to be part of the group of Mean Badasses Who Are Innocent. On their journey to Innocents.

BTW, many incarcerated women are not functioning at a high level. Many are well below average in IQ. There are many with personality disorders (few who are schizophrenic or bipolar - as those end up elsewhere in many states). I know we all hate LS, but the prisoners have never seen her or heard of her. She'll trickle truth them and gaslight them and have them eating out of the palm of her hand, if she's allowed.

Prisoners are given very few opportunities to physically threaten each other, but lots of opportunities to play psychological games. It could be different in Colorado.

Also, prisoners (IME) have a very shallow sense of what is right. The ones who find God and start following an external system of values are in one group. I do not think LS will be in that group.

Thank you, I completely forgot about the "celebrity" status now and the fact that many are below average in IQ. I can see now how she might get an upper hand. I hope she does not.

While the Escambia river does flood, that warning issued was for parts in the northern area of the counties, Escambia and Santa Rosa. Those areas near the river (45-50 miles north) are prone to flooding when the river rises. Right as Hwy 90 crosses (area that Gannon was found), the river is emptying into the bay. The only time flooding would be a concern there is when hurricane winds force a storm surge into the bay. The rest of the hwy 90 to the northeast is crossing sort of a delta area. Lots of places for the water to go - it does not rise in this area. I am a native to this area, live four miles away, have been through plenty of weather events, and after seeing where they found Gannon, I strongly believe he was placed there - no way he washed up to that area. IMO

Thanks. I'm not familiar with the area and was trying to google water levels for the Escambia river. It did rise on the 6th of February, but nothing significant enough imo. I think she either placed him where he was found on purpose or she couldn't see what she was doing and assumed more area under there was covered in water than it actually is. This page had some info about the river for other not local and curious about it.

Escambia River

Reading the new sentence enhancers - they're alleging that she used a firearm, a blunt weapon, and a knife or sharp instrument, correct? I'm stunned but they really seem to be alleging use of all 3 of those things.

If he really was found in a suitcase, I think she may have dismembered him. Maybe she struck him with a board at home, seriously injuring him. Then she took him in the truck, shot him, then hid his body somewhere not too far from the home, maybe somewhere near Larkspur.

After reporting him missing, she got spooked and returned to his body. At this point it would've been stiff from the rigor and freezing cold. Hard to fit into a suitcase or move around. So she used something like a knife or saw to dismember him and put him in the suitcase.

A chain of events like that would account for all the charges and sentence enhancers, and explain how she would've gotten his body down to FL and why LE found evidence of his death weeks before finding his body. I think they found the location where she first hid his body.

All speculation, of course. Just trying to wrap my head around all of the charges.
Could be, but I doubt it. Gannon was small and the body could easily fit into a suitcase. Also, rigor only lasts a day or two and then the body is easier to manipulate.

I think she used all those things to inflict injuries while he was still alive, unfortunately.

Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members